Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 900 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    (Diplomacy is at leat a Full Round action. Whose turn is it now?)

    "White scales...they must worship the white dragon we found earlier. They're not listening to reaosn. Fight back!"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  2. - Top - End - #872
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Mirabelle draws her sword and shield. Grembler steps back, and makes a gargling noise, forming strange words. He opens his mouth, and a swarm of spiders crawl out. They head east, crawling onto one of the kobolds. The creature shrieks and stumbles backwards off the cliff side.

    The kobolds loose another volley of stones, striking you and your allies.
    Take 2 Damage.

    Berich casts a spell upon his hammer with one hand, and with the other throws it. The hammer strikes the kobold, which crumples to the ground, then returns to his outstretched hand. Meanwhile, Trombe continues to shield you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Code:
    Karrin Ye
    HP: 52/60  AC: 11+2 aid another  Saves: 11F / 7R / 7W
    Conditions:  LoH 6/6
    
    Trombe
    HP: 55/55  AC: 17  Saves: 11F / 10R / 6W
    Conditions:
    Drawing her own greatsword (Lyanna, ID this one sometime!), Karrin steps next to one of the kobolds and strikes! At the same time, she commands Trombe to go on the offensive. "Trombe, kick 'em till they drop!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Karrin:
    Move action: Draw greatsword
    Free action: 5ft step to 12-I
    Standard Action: Attack kobold at 13-H
    Attack: [roll]1d20+9[/oll]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[7]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Attack: (1d20+9)[29]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Crit Confirm: (1d20+9)[16]
    Crit damage: (2d6+4)[10]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Mirabelle swings downwards, killing a kobold. The kobolds retaliate, but their attacks are ineffective. Trombe tramples one of the creatures, and Berich charges and smashes another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    With the opponents falling quickly, Karrin orders the others, "See if you can restrain the last three. We can kill them later if we must, but I'd rather not if we can avoid it. Maybe with their friends killed they are more...cooperative."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    If needed, CMB roll to restrain a kobold: (1d20+8)[25]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    You successfully grapple one of the kobolds. It attempts to struggle free, but fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Do the other succeed in restraining the remaining two? "Berich, order them to STAND DOWN or be destroyed. Try to intimidate them if you can. they're locals, maybe they'll know if there are any bloodroot nearby."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  11. - Top - End - #881
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    As Berich is shouting at the kobold he is restraining, you hear low-pitched flapping noises. Looking up, you see a white dragon about 7 feet head to tail perch on an outcropping some 30 feet above you. Black eyes glare down at you hungrily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "You...what do you want, dragon?" Karrin lets go of the kobols she was holding, and switches her weaponry from greatsword to lance.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    The dragon continues to look at you.
    "You come up my mountain, sleep in my cave, attack my servants, and then presume to question me? Either bold or stupid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "YOUR mountain? And what makes it yours? That matters little. Your servants attacked us, and we did not bother you in your cave. If you wish to start hostilities, then don't waste time. Otherwise, we're not here to trouble."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    The dragon yawns.
    "How droll. I was hoping for some fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "It's up to you how this comes down. Tell your servants to back off, and we'll be on our way."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    The dragon tilts his head to the side.
    "Tell me, what brought you up to this height in the first place?"
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-03-29 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "We're looking for some rare plants. Accidentally fell in here during our search. What of it?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "Tell me, what sort of plant are you looking for? And why do you need it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin isn't sure whether to tell the dragon or not. She tries to judge the dragon's intent on asking these questions. Will the dragon intentionally destroy bloodroot if he has any just for spite?

    Sense Motive: (1d20+6)[7]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  21. - Top - End - #891
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    You cannot sense the intent of the dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin decides that bluffing the dragon will not be beneficial at this point. "We seek out bloodroot. It can make medicine."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  23. - Top - End - #893
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "Oh, you mean like this?"

    The dragon indicates a small plant growing in a crevice near its perch. With a blast from its nostrils, the plant is consumed with hoarfrost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin remains impassive. That plant is not necessarily bloodroot. "Are you done yet?"

    (So, describe to me again the physical locale and the position of the dragon relative to us? I mean, are we on the side of the mountain or something?)
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    (You are on the side of the mountain. The dragon is perched on an outcropping about 30 ft. above you.)

    "I grow bored." The dragon looks down the mountain. "It seems the humans are attacking the hobgoblins. This promises to be entertaining." He flies off down the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin bristles as she hears the news. "Quick, check on Lyanna! Then let's see if we can find any bloodroot before everyone is dead! Did that dragon actually destroy real bloodroot?"

    If Lyanna needs it, Karrin will use a Lay on Hands to revive her.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    "I'm a mercenary, not a botanist!"

    "Grembler no think so. It be far, but I think I've seen that plant before. It not be bloodroot."


    You hurriedly descend the slopes, to find that Lyanna is apparently missing.

    Survival (+4 Aid from Trombe, Mirabele): (d20+2)[12]

    You find a small spot of blood, presumeably from where she fell, but can make no other details out.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-04-01 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin swears quietly, then keeps on moving. "Let's keep moving down, back to the villages. Keep an eye ou for Lyanna and Bloodroot on the way."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maquise's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    PERCEPTION (-2 for rushed) (d20-4)[9]
    You find no trace of bloodroot or Lyanna.

    You approach the hobgoblin fort, as it is directly on the path back to the village. It appears the entire village has armed themselves with clubs, and other simple weapons. Their attack on the hobgoblins is becoming a slaughter; over half their number have already fallen.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-04-02 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

  30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

    Karrin cringes at the sight. This is wrong on so many levels. "Be careful. Do NOT make ANY moves that can be considered aggressive. Let's see if we can stop the fighting then get them to help us scour the mountain for bloodroot."

    The paladin even unstraps her weapon belt and hands it to Mira so that she is completely unarmed. she walks toward the fort (presumeably from behind or from the side, hands in a gesture of peace). If there are any hobgoblin guards visible and within earshot, she shouts, "Please, can you pause the fighting? Let me try to talk the humans down!"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •