New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Paladin IC (Frosty)

"You're definitely earning your pay, Berich. It appears we're getting the treasure without hurting anymore kobolds."

She smirk and turns to Lyanna. "Although I'm sure you could've done *just* as well."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyanna says playfully, "I don't know, he was very persuasive. You should have heard."

You examine the pile of treasures, glittering beneath the torchlight.

Note: Prices are solely OOC, and do not reflect necessarily the value the inhabitants of Validor may place on them. Remember in this age, there is less value on things that are not useful for survival.
    • 15 gp wort carnelian,
    • 15 gp worth lapis lazuli
    • 500 gp worth alexandrite
    • 500 gp worth violet garnet
    • 200 gp worth amethyst
    • 1 puzzle box, made of ebony and inlaid in bronze with strange markings
    • 1 golden amulet worth 500 gp
    • Masterwork gilded helmet worth 250 gp

In addition to these trinkets, you find a lance. It is crafted of fine steel its head is fashioned to resemble a unicorn's, the horn forming the tip. The eyes are set with a pair of perfectly smooth incandescent sapphires, shining like a torch.

You find a quiver, a horn, and a set of horseshoes. They don't appear particularly special, but you suspect that if they were in a dragon hoard, there is more to them than meets the eye.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's gather all of these things and move out. We can try to learn more about them at a safer place like back at the inn. We can also divide up the treasures there."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

You gather the items and move out.
    During the journey back, you notice more evidence of a large host in the area.

You notice as you return that the Crossroads Inn has been heavily fortified in your absence; Gaeba warns of increased demonic activity since you departed.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

After Karrin asks Lyanan to look over the new items (plus Karrin;s existing greatsword), she takes some time to talk to Gaeba some more. "Tell me more about the demonic activity. What seems to be the focal point, and what, if anything, has people around here planned to do about it?"

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyanna examines the items while your companions watch eagerly.

Gaeba invites you to her counter, pouring you a drink. "'Tis on the house, not that I don't think you could pay for it if you wanted to.

These plains have always been contested by the fiends. Devils from Angrove and other bases have clashed with the hordes of the Abyss. But just within this fortnight, I've seen mass movements of demons roving these hills. They've ranged as far north as the Pale Pass to the swamps in the south. I've overheard a few of my patrons discussing plans of defense. Just two nights past, a group came through, calling themselves the Iron Hand. Demonhunters, they said they were, but I wasn't too pleased to have them. I thought they had an ill-favored spirit about them, if you understand my meaning. Nevertheless, I gave them supplies, but they never did include me in their planning."
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-05-09 at 08:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

The paladin accepts the drink eagerly. "Thank you. You have no idea how much I need one right now. The human village up in the mountains...it is no more. They tried to murder their hobgoblin neighbors, and got wiped out." She takes a BIG gulp. "So, these Iron Hand people...they went south to the Pale Pass? You do not judge their intent to be altruistic?"

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

(Pale Pass is in the north; its where the village was)

Gaeba listens to you, and pours you another drink.

"Aye, in that they took the same road you did when you left with that fellow. I don't know where they took it though. As for their character, I know mercenaries when I see them, and these were of the least savory sort. They were also very well-equipped, all things considered. That doesn't sit right with me; there aren't any mortal powers left that can provide that sort of gear."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you. I'll go ask around about them." The paladin finishes the last drink, wipes her mouth, and will start gathering information from the other patrons of the inn. She will ask both about who the Iron hand are and more importantly their location. Karrin will wants to see if they're people she can cooperate with.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Diplomacy: (d20+12)[17]

Your attempts at gathering information on the Iron Hand gains you additional insight. They're described as being lead by a grey-bearded bald dwarf, also including a human woman with a magic sword, and a tiefling mage. There is mention of a fourth member, but you can glean few details about him. It is clear that they were a secretive group, and did not inform anyone present of their plans.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-05-11 at 06:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Is Grembler still being treated poorly in this inn?

Regardless, Karrinw ill gather her companions for a meeting. "So, with the increased demon activities, there's bound to be work. Berich, if you succeed in a major offensive against the demons, I'd also let you keep the axe. The offer's not just good for devils. It's for all evil outsiders. Now, that said, this might also be a good time to strike at the devils. With the devils and demons sometimes battling each other, we could use the distraction to REALLY do some damage to the devils, taking out one of their smaller outposts. Or, we could try to find this Iron Hand group and work with them to hunt demons. What do you think?"

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Berich says, "We'd better be careful, whatever we do. There's a delicate balance here; if we attack one side, we give the other an advantage. I think, though, there's merit in your original plan to go to Whiteveil."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

"So, always attack the stronger side? I suppose there is logic in that, although the people already being hurt in a specific area doesn't get helped by that train of thought. Still, I guess we can trust Whiteveil more than the Iron Hands, so let's move out tomorrow. Lyanna how goes the items?"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyanna looks up from the pile. "Well, here's what we've got."

• (Old Greatsword) +1 Defending Greatsword
    • +1 Keen Lance
    • Efficient Quiver
    • Horn of Fog
    • Horseshoes of Speed

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

"A very nice bounty. Mira, I think Orc-Bane..." says Karrin, pointing to Mira's sword. "...is probably better than anything here. Would the quiver help you? I will make good use of the lance. Grembler...I don't think there's anything sized for you, but you could carry this horn. In the case that we need visual cover, I trust you to provide it. Do you think you can do that?"

After this, Karrin asks Gaeba about a map to Whiteveil, and will also fit the horshoes of speed on Trombe.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Mira shrugged. "I don't think anyone else could use it," and picks up the quiver. Grembler takes the horn, his eyes glittering. "Grembler not let you down."

Gaeba digs a while under her counter, pulling out a roll of parchment.
    "The main road going west leads straight to Whiteveil, but there is a war going on. I've heard that Angrove has besieged the city, and is tightening its hold."

After discussing this with Gaeba, you go out to the stables to shoe Trombe. He nuzzles you as you approach, then seems enthused by his new shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin spends some time grooming Trombe before taking Mira to bathe in the river together. They only spend an hour there this time. The paladin plans to get up early the next day. Whiteveil needs their help!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

You head to the hot springs with Mira. You undress quickly, this time Mira doesn't hide her admiration of your body.

As you begin to wash, she says, "You know, when I actually think about it, I don't really know much about you, as far as your past."

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin unwraps the new bar of soap she had finangled from Gaeba, and starts on Mira's back. "Well, what do you want to know? My life was fairly uneventful before The Big One. My family died int he initial chaos. I was pretty much lost...in more ways than one, until I was picked up by an elven paladin. She trained me, tried to teach me about inner peace, about seeing the good in others, and about people in general are worth saving. I had...well...have...my doubts, but I guess she got through to me since I'm still out here, fighting the good fight."

The paladin continues washing for about half a minute in silence, and then says, "I guess her heroic, selfless sacrifice in the face of certain death moved me. She saved the population of an entire town from devils...on her own. Now, I'm the only paladin left as far as I know. I...hope to change that someday..."

Karrin moves onto washing Mira's large breasts.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Mira nods, looking at you with deep amber eyes. "May I ask what she was like? It sounds like I owe her a great deal."

As you begin soaping her breasts, she smiles, closing her eyes and lolling her head back. "Keep this up and I might forget how to wash myself," she says as her nipples harden under your touch.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin stares right back at Mira with her own light-blue eyes and smiles. "I was in a very angry and bad place, Mira. I hated the world and its people for allowing the Big One to happen. I blamed everyone and everything for the deaths of my parents. Liriam helped me work through that anger and convinced me to start helping others. She was *everything* a paladin ought to be...kind...courageous...steadfast...unrelenting against evil. Oh, and good with people. I considered her my only family after the Big One. In many ways, you're like her. You help me through a lot of pain too."

The paladin starts specifically working on Mira's nipples, teasing and tugging and keeping them hard and aroused. "Oh, I think you should wash yourself often...keep your nubbins hard." She smiles wickedly. "In fact, do you want to borrow my silk shirt? The way your tits bounce as you walk...they'd rub against the silk often, stimulating you all day long..."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, I don't know. It sounds very distracting." Her face is now flush, and you can feel her skin getting warmer. With a great deal of effort, she takes your hands in hers. "Maybe we should try and stay focused for now. Like you said, we need to leave for Whiteveil in the morning."

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Karrins smiles. "It's distracting...and fun." She lets her hands be taken away. "See, you're already learning. You're focused on the mission which is good. We will retire early tonight so we may be ready tomorrow. Then after we save Whiteveil, maybe then we treat ourselves..."

They finish up bathing quickly, and then return to the inn.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Mira nods. "I can live with that. But make sure," she says, lightly poking you on the chest, "that you don't die before you get a chance. You owe me some personal time."

You complete your washing, and dry yourselves. Then, you head back to the fort, Mira's hand in yours. You are prepared this time, carrying all of your equipment.

It is fortunate you have done this, because as you come back up the trail, you behold the fortress is under demonic siege.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

(Is Trombe left in the stables?)

Karrin immediately starts to access the situation. What are the numbers looking like. Is there a coordinated defense? What seems to the focal point of the attack and how can it be disrupted?

"Mira, I think Whiteveil might have to wait a bit..."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

(Yes, but don't forget you can summon him. Map here.)

"Oh, bonerot," curses Mirabelle.

You see a sizable horde of various breeds of demons assaulting the eastern wall. A few defenders yet stand on the parapets, but you can tell they are severely outnumbered. Immediately at the gate, you see a 12-tall monster you identify as a Balban, or brute demon. Stupid but powerful, they use their meaty fists to smash their foes, and this one will likely make short work of the gate. Behind the horde and flanked by a pair of schirs, you see an incubus, presumably the leader of the attack.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-05-13 at 09:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

(Dr = dretch, bb= babau, and br = ???)

"Our allies should still be inside. I hope they can hold the fort long enough for us to take out the leader..."

(Should I make some Knowledge Planes rolls to find our more about the enemies?)

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

(I rolled "behind screen" as it were)

You look throughout the horde, and recognize several breeds of demon. In addition to the dretches and schirs, you identify a few brimoraks. These 3-foot tall figures stand upon burning hooves and carry blazing swords. They possess the ability to spew forth a spray of boiling blood, and can walk on air.

You also recognize the shadowy forms of babaus, murder demons, moving through the horde, their emaciated forms wielding spears.

Mirabelle draws her sword and raises her shield. "I'm all for whatever plan you have. You do have a plan, right?"

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

"Given the enemy advantage, I'm inclined to say...evacuate everyone. I don't see any way we can fend off this army without risking huge casaulties on our side. I...don't want to see so many dead, even if it means killing lots of demons. Mira, do you know if the fort has a back exit?"

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

"Even if it does, we don't have anywhere to go. They have fliers amongst their numbers; we couldn't outrun them. At least in the fort we'd have a fighting chance."