Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What I Made, What the GM Saw, What I Played

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire
    Explanation later
    Good. Because I am very confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

For the Genius: The Transgression game I played,

What (thought) I Made: I wanted to make a Conspiracy Theorist type, an investigator out to seek the truth of the conspiracies that manipulated the world, and the paranormal forces within it. I imagined him staking out haunted sites and sneaking into classified areas, conducting interviews, trying to convince people, and generally being a younger, somewhat siller version of Mulder.

What the GM Saw: What I ended up writing as the primary goal of my character; "To find and record the supernatural." I had 3 dots in Weaponry (Well, the ST said to get some combat skills), 3 dots in Athletics (it seemed like a really useful skill), no dots in Stealth, vice of Pride (which translates to making other people go along with you). My initial Mad Science gadget (aka Wonder) was rocket-powered roller blades, whose Fault was and I quote; "Spews rainbows, sparkles, and loud noises when used", and this set the tone for all of my other stuff. Looking back, I gave the impression my character "investigated" by blowing through the front door at 50 miles/hour and beating up everyone in the way, while shouting nonsensical stuff and dragging everyone along with his plans.

What I played: Between all the other PC's dying and my character's sister getting kidnapped, I ended up as the main character by default in a quest to save the world timeline. Did I mention my character was 17? And that he had 3 dots in Craft? I even had a sword by the end!
    Last edited by Unscrewed; 2013-05-08 at 11:51 AM.

Genius: The Transgression A Game of Forbidden Science

Well I didn't know that was the emergency stop button.
    -Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I...I just want to shake your hand...

Elementary, my dear Watson...[Detective Feats]

The prestige class for crazies: The Lunatic!
    Weird stuff happens. This Prc deals with it: Only Sane Man

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious. He made a lady warrior, the rest of the group mentally emphasized the "lady" part, at least until he started to achieve a body count that they never thought possible.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious. He made a lady warrior, the rest of the group mentally emphasized the "lady" part, at least until he started to achieve a body count that they never thought possible.
    A body count that rivaled my character in my most recent post on this thread. Still amazed she racked up a 20 person body count before getting the T-1000 limbs. That campaign went down hill fast and screaming
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

So, I decided to create a swordsage fighting shock weapons and managed to talk down DM to re-fluff Desert Wind and give it electricity damage instead of fire, which was great. DM, however, stated that I use some sort of ancient technology to do it, and it is not used as a weapon, but is instead augmenting the body, giving the character superpowers.
    But it didn't matter anyway. Any electricity or implants were totally overshadowed by my character wrestling with gorilla in her first fight ever.
    Last edited by Hyena; 2013-05-08 at 03:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
    So, I decided to create a swordsage fighting shock weapons and managed to talk down DM to re-fluffind Desert Wind and giving it electricity damage instead of fire, which was great. DM, however, stated that I use some sort of ancient technology to do it, and it is not used as a weapon, but is instead augmenting the body, giving the character superpowers.
    But it didn't matter anyway. Any electricity or implants were totally overshadowed by my character wrestling with gorilla in her first fight ever.
    I am going to ask my DM to do that, especially since my character is obsessed with electricity.

I should probably do this meme at some point, but I don't have the time right now. There's a template on the front page, right?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2013-05-08 at 03:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Close, but not, so to say, divine enough.

Spoiler
    Show

We were playing Lords of Creation. I made godess of war, which inspired other player to make a god of war himself. His character had strong Ares/Morgoth vibe, so people sort of assumed my character will be Athena to his Ares. I took it as a challenge and ended up doing many awful things, starting with creation of orcs, going through horribly backstabbing her own worshippers for petty reasons and ending up causing horrible war between different forsm of my character, that resulted in her ascending to be lord of creation and diety on universal scale, at the price of becoming almost mindless and uncaring about the world.

I need to try Sith's idea once, through.

8. - Top - End - #368

Kobold

I bet C is a common occurrence, actually.

What I Made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the Storyteller Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Ended Up Playing
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was for a Vampire: The Masquerade game, and he was my second character (I don't have any love of vampire mythos, before Twilight even came around, but my friends were running a game of it so I tried to make a character. My first was a Ravnos with kleptnomania that I sort of enjoyed, but I eventually came up with a character concept I liked MUCH better. The idea was, he was a US soldier, did his duty, very patriotic and loved the U.S.A., or at least an idealized version of it. After doing his service, he became a soldier of fortune in the middle east, befriending an older merc, but eventually becoming mortality wounded. Said friend he had befriended was actually a Brujah who admired his democratic ideals, and gave him the choice of becoming an Undead Vampire rather than dying. He then proceeded to work with his Sire trying to make things better, until eventually crossing the country he loved in an 'incident', where a few U.S. soldiers really crossed the line, their superiors covered it up, and so he had to make things 'right'. After that, he decides to return to the States (where the campaign was), deciding to go back to try and reconnect with his humanity after the incident. And as he's going to a Prince to identify himself as he moves through his territory, is caught up in the events which propelled the group's story.

However, the Storyteller instantly latched onto the idea of him being a Freedom Fighter *coughterroristcough*, and the party joked about him utilizing explosives all the time, even though it only happened once, and it was the party's plan. As built, he had points in guns (he WAS a soldier) and brawl (hand to hand training), and was supposed to rely on using rifles and that sort of thing in combination with disciplines while spreading the ideology of democracy and equality even in the Vampire world.

Enter series of wacky events that include massive xp inflation and going back in time to the dark ages, and he picks up Proteon 2 for the claws, Celerity 5, and Potence 5. He was notable for taking down TWO gargoyles in one turn, and having a third with a seriously bad ouch.

Then again, there wasn't much more my character could do - especially after spending quite a huge xp investment into improving his social skills (he was reconnecting with the 'poet' part of the Brujah's ancestry) - only for ruling that Presence flat out can't work against lower generation vamps and almost never working as intended made it practically useless.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Banned

I'm only confused by the dragon Granuil, there.

Oh, wait. Massive, all encompassing and mindless? Okay, that's pretty clever. Well done.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

What I Made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the Storyteller Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What the Other Players Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

The Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was Spring of 1996, a grim and unfashionable time. I entered my first Vampire the Masquerade character into mostly-primogen World of Darkness campaign that the other characters had been playing for 2-3 years.
    He was... Damien Drakkar! high school jock, ladies man and all around nice guy who had been embraced into the kindred by a fairly badass Gangrel. Confused and bewildered, Damien made his way to Chicago, and found a home in the intrigue of that most dangerous city.
    The ST(s) thought he was a hilarious joke character - a Gangrel with high social and physical stats, particularly since against the more seasoned characters and threats of Chicago, he was constantly being knocked around. He was, The Worf Effect. (Warning: TV Tropes!)
    The other characters, all seasoned veterans with hundreds of EXP under their belts, thought Damien was a delightful punching bag. He was a great visual distraction - a super handsome and charismatic guy, who - thanks to Stamina 4 and 4 ranks of fortitude - could take massive punishment without registering as a real threat. So they'd just shove Damien into danger under the influence of Dominate or Presence, and then go about their business while he was distracting the mooks. Even better for the other PCs - once Damien was all beaten up, they'd graciously give him a little blood to help him heal up, and reinforce his loyalty to the group.

Damien was smart enough to know that these older vampires would make short work of him in a fight, and so he studiously pursued a path of peace, diplomacy and enlightenment after learning of the legend of Golconda. Somehow he survived my entire time in college gaming with this psychotic group, and eventually became a power in his own right. He focused on mastering the art of seduction and diplomacy, and let his handsome looks lull foes into letting their guard down.

Additionally, it became a running joke for the STs to have women (mortals, mages and vampires alike) constantly throwing themselves at Damien, thanks to his good looks and my own real-life reputation among the less-socially-inclined group. Sometimes it was helpful, most of the time it just made me look silly while trying to be heroic.

That guy was unending amounts of fun to play.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372

What I made:

Spoiler
    Show
    Equal parts

And

What my DM was prepared for:

Spoiler
    Show

Personality of

With a seasoning of

What I played:

Spoiler
    Show
    Equal parts:

And

And, Explanation:

Spoiler
    Show
    The last time I was back in the states for an extended time I had a chance to sit in for a few sessions with my old gaming group, and since my character would basically amount to a guest NPC I persuaded the DM to let me try out the Time Theif class (3rd part, Pathfinder) which didn't look very powerful (it isn't) but looked like it could be really fun in its own right (it was).

When I read through the time theif abilities I immediately thought of Lobsang Ludd from Thief of Time while the DM saw it and immediately thought of Prince of Persia. I created an Aladdin/Sinbad inspired backstory for a loveable rogue figure who'd try (in vain) to talk his way out of the trouble he invariably got himself into.

My character was introduced to the party after they were framed for the murder of the King and arrested by the nobleman who I'd most recently been caught stealing from, and we hit it off pretty well. When our escape started I decided to try to bluff our way out of the dungeon rather than fight... and I rolled around 14 20s, 3 18s, and 1 17 against guards who continued to roll incredibly badly. It helped that our party Sorcerer was clever and started using illusions to back up my lie that there was a dragon loose in the dungeon and our Half-dragon would roar along with the silent image as well.

I finally started failing my bluff checks left and right once I'd scared all of the guards out of the dungeon and they'd effectively locked us in, and then they wouldn't believe that the dragon had left.

The DM was experimenting with the life-path generator variant rule and had me try it out for my character and this landed me with a 14 year old dependent (who probably was actually the King's illegitimate daughter and rightful heir to the throne) that was like a kid sister to my character. So apart from a plucky young female companion that my character took with him on some of his adventures I also had a robe of useful items, just so I could pull battering ram out of my pocket and tell people that said pockets were "bigger on the inside."

I really only used my ranks in bluff and a few creative magic items during my stay in that game, but it was amazingly fun.

Our party: CN Orc Sorcerer: vain, clever, and very unorthodox. My character and him got along well.
    LG Half Dragon Paladin: Proud, Honorable, loyal. He didn't take his hand of his sword around me for a long time under the reason that I had proven myself to be a very good liar and he didn't trust that.
    LN (leaning good) Cleric of Fate: Logical, orderly, and in charge. The official party leader and I had and understanding of sorts... While our characters got along there was a hilarious meta-game level that if she found out how my character manipulated time to survive she'd be obligated to kill me. Also, she occasionally summoned energy beings in the shape of Grim Reapers that scared the crud out of my Time Theif (though her character never figured out my secret and I never found out where the reaper things came from because I never had line of sight on her when she summoned them).

------

For a short term game different game

What I made:

Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    What I played:

Explaination:

Spoiler
    Show
    This was with a group of players regretably far far less awesome than the ones above.

My character concept: Nikoli Tesla - Ghost-buster.

The DM was preparing a 1 to 2 session small pathfinder game and told us nothing about it except for starting level. I asked if I could play an Artificer if I promised not to purposefully abuse the class by linking tons of spells onto the same item.

Because the DM was unfamiliar with the character class I tried to be as helpful as I could supplying the DM with information regarding my spells and magic items well in advance so that nothing I did came as a nasty surprise. Because the concept theme was Nikoli Tesla, Ghost Buster, my spells were all lightning based where possible and my character's focus was a professional paranormal investigator.

In retrospect, with that particular DM being that cooperative was a mistake. The DM planned 2 of the 3 encounters we'd face around monsters immune to electricity. With my lightning spells completely neutralized I could only support the other PCs with a grab bag of novelty items. My character survived that short lived game largely by being too little of a threat to draw attention. I still love the concept though.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a campaign where I stacked Half celestial and Half fiend onto a nerra monster class to achieve 12+HD+twice charisma for Spell Resistance onto a high-charisma rouge-type character who usually kept some form of invisibility up during combat.

The DM sent almost no casters.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-05-10 at 11:45 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was a campaign where I stacked Half celestial and Half fiend onto a nerra monster class to achieve 12+HD+twice charisma for Spell Resistance onto a high-charisma rouge-type character who usually kept some form of invisibility up during combat.

The DM sent almost no casters.
    I'm not really big on templates, especially such conflicting ones, but honestly, it's all overshadowed by the use of my favorite Yugioh card.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

What I Made
    Spoiler
    Show

What The Dm Saw(Large Large Image)
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made a government built designed, and powered, combat robot. With a lot of off budget funding from various agencies, wild life protection services etc. So the robot was filled with conflicting ideas, scenarios etc.
    I wanted the whole super soldier combat guru with inner peace theme in a robot

Gm saw the fact the robot escaped the government facilities before joining the team, by using the plasma welders to escape. And the fact it observed organic life as fragile(ignoring the but also beautiful part)

End result the robot wore a trench coat and fedora to hide in public cause it had no invisibility or other powers. Surprisingly it worked.
    As this no nonsense and completely matter of fact death machine with tank levels of armor walked into millionaire parties. Well calculating the best ways to remove human error from every scenario. And slowly working to return the world to the beasts

-----------------

What I Made(Big Image)
    Spoiler
    Show

Who was slowly becoming this

What the Dm Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

Plus this

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

Jackie was a mostly normal kid
    A aspiring Musician, well off parents with a popular restaurant.

Then the girl that would fall in love with him came into his life.
    Her name? Calt? What did she look like? Well she's a 40ft long albino anaconda who can shape-shift into wind, snow, or a beautiful female human form.
    Calt either saved him from freezing to death or caused it to kill his parents.
    After that Jackie was becoming more and more unhinged and thinking more and more he was a god.

Gm saw a intellectual character with dead parents. And latched onto the fact the character was becoming a Mulder+Batman.

Jackie became Kira when the Gm decided to rattle the characters cage with having him see the events of his parents deaths, replay over and over and over and over.
    Generally the wound tight and ready to snap kid snaps at this point.
    So he used the ability to create a blizzard Calt gave him. The rest is several dead NPC's, several mind controlled people, and a dead PC later
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Banned

Goblin

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Same Lords of Creation game. I made servant diety from my primal character, who was god of blood (used picture from made as an avatar).I played him as complete monster who would lie, cheat, and use every trick possible to get what he wanted and commited some despicable acts to get his mother's approval, and when she didn't gave it to him, he betrayed her at worst moment possible. He was very like Starscream, only played horrifingly seriously.
    Other players and gm loved him for some reason, apparently he had evil charm and very good freudian excuse. Strange as I thought nobody will sympathise with him.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

What I made, what DM saw, what I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically I made a half-dragon (made with the racer builder from Pathfinder with DM approval) gunslinger dual-wielding revolvers (again DM approval). She was a mercenary willing to do pretty much any job if it pays well. All in all probably my favorite character to play, thinking of bringing her back in another Pathfinder campaign this summer should my current made character (an ozodrin) die.
    AE GHARTOK PADHOME [CHIM] AE ALTADOON

18. - Top - End - #378
    Spamalot in the Playground

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation--
    Spoiler
    Show
    The GM set up a fairly serious Marvel Superhero campaign using GURPS. The idea was that most of the known 4-color heroes & villains vanished without a trace and the vacuum caused a lot of new faces to try their hand at villainy. We were to be new heroes that showed up to replace the emtpy seats on the SHIELD helicarrier.
    The GM gave us the stipulation to be interesting and slightly bizzare with our ideas. "Otherworldly" in other words.

So, I created a witch based on The Great and Powerful Trixie from MLP. The idea behind my character was that in her world, magic was so commonplace that she was just an average spellcaster. She managed to transport herself to Earth where magic is rare and thus she could do the heroic deeds she wanted to and make a name for herself.
    Like a magical version of Booster Gold, but more altruistic.

Unfortnately the GM (and some of the players) could not get the hint that I wasn't trying to be a complete ham. My character ended up being the "plucky comical sidekick" to the team instead of a heroic witch who wanted to make a difference in a low-magical land of lawlessness.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Explanation--
    Spoiler
    Show
    The GM set up a fairly serious Marvel Superhero campaign using GURPS. The idea was that most of the known 4-color heroes & villains vanished without a trace and the vacuum caused a lot of new faces to try their hand at villainy. We were to be new heroes that showed up to replace the emtpy seats on the SHIELD helicarrier.
    The GM gave us the stipulation to be interesting and slightly bizzare with our ideas. "Otherworldly" in other words.

So, I created a witch based on The Great and Powerful Trixie from MLP. The idea behind my character was that in her world, magic was so commonplace that she was just an average spellcaster. She managed to transport herself to Earth where magic is rare and thus she could do the heroic deeds she wanted to and make a name for herself.
    Like a magical version of Booster Gold, but more altruistic.

Unfortnately the GM (and some of the players) could not get the hint that I wasn't trying to be a complete ham. My character ended up being the "plucky comical sidekick" to the team instead of a heroic witch who wanted to make a difference in a low-magical land of lawlessness.
    That idea is awesome! Might have to steal it if I ever get a chance to play a Marvel (or any Superhero) game .

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

furious It's Slightly Silver Age Going Modern

One From the Gm's Side

What He Said He Was Making(Big Secondary Image)
    Spoiler
    Show

This as a symbiote attached to this

What I was Expecting First Session
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Got
    Spoiler
    Show

After The PC's Fixed Her(Big Secondary Image)
    Spoiler
    Show

Entity Thinks It's

Girl Thinks Shes

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

-Super Hero's game

-PC wanted to make a shapeshifter, with the ability to grow. So decided to have what let him grow(and all his other powers), be a extra-dimensional entity that bonded to the girl.

-I was expecting military girl to be a decent part of the character, even though she was supposed to be military !@%#@&&. That would use her powers for good. And the entity would have major control of how she worked mentally. Ala Spiderman and Symbiote

-Instead I got the entity had lobotomized her and she was only muscle memory. The entity had no idea of other, which was stupid because it still collected blood samples to mimic others.
    It had no understanding of anything remotely human or acted in any way that would be considered human

-PC's decided to try and save the girl[Somehow killing his character which was a no personality killing machine]. They restored the girls mind and the creature. And if they hadn't put up stuff to separate the two the player would have had all there work been reversed by the next session.
    Instead the thing now thinks its god. But the girls in charge.

-Now the PC is tossing out a lot of what we talked about.
    Example; That it was still connected mentally to the rest of its form[The part bonded to the girl was a hand basically].
    No we discussed that it lost connection the moment it went into this dimension. That was the first thing we discussed, and I said no never.
    -He wants the creature to understand multi-dimensional thinking. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on
    And a whole slew of other things that never came up when we first worked together on the character
    -Has the character angry at the PC's for restoring her mind... What. WHAT!!
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

For a 7-year running, multi-storyteller campaign of Immortal: the Invisible War, a game where you play as yourself, and discover that you are the latest incarnation of a several-thousand-year-old immortal being who has been 'sleeping' in human form for the last few hundred years.

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

19 year old me!

What the Narrator Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

Perseus plus Fire Wolf plus Sir Percivale

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Siiiiiilverbolt!

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    19 year-old me suddenly discovered he was occupying brain space with the memories of the greek hero Perseus and the knight of the round table, Sir Percivale. And they were together part of an older being, an elemental wolf made of fire. And the DM kind of expected me to be all warrior, all the time, with a bit of sappy romantic in there.
    Instead... I was All Hero, All the Time, with little respect for my own well-being. I'd charge in, headlong, while spouting cheesy encouragement to my allies and blasting a heavy fist into the face of evil!
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: It's Slightly Silver Age Going Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    -Has the character angry at the PC's for restoring her mind... What. WHAT!!
    Maybe she's depressed and letting the entity take her over was meant as a pseudo-suicide attempt that has now failed?
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: It's Slightly Silver Age Going Modern

Maybe she's depressed and letting the entity take her over was meant as a pseudo-suicide attempt that has now failed?
    Maybe the character was the creature and you've basically handed things over to an NPC now?
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

confused Evil Shapeshifter(Don't Read This You Know Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    Maybe the character was the creature and you've basically handed things over to an NPC now?
    I told him the creature would not be his character. That was a big no, your not the creature, your not venom you are spiderman.
    As I pointed out the entity was a thing it had no character, no personality.
    It was supposed to be. A victim who was being used by a mindless animal.

That would work... except he wanted to know, nothing about his back-story.
    Also she had no idea what it would do.
    You know complete amnesia. So his back-story is completely under my control. He agreed to that we talked about that and he's still complaining about it being comic booky.
    Check Out

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Evil Shapeshifter(Don't Read This You Know Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    He agreed to that we talked about that and he's still complaining about it being comic booky.
    "Comic booky?" Never. What does he think he's playing, a superhero game?

26. - Top - End - #386
    Firbolg in the Playground

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    I design a Duskblade with some illusion magic and a few combat spells up his sleeve. The DM saw about the same thing, though with a bit more casting.

Fast forward to the terrors of Arcane Channeling in E6 and two Legacy items of the DM's creation accidentally falling into my character's lap, and suddenly he becomes a Lightning Bruiser complete with regular one-hit kills and a Knight Templar waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2013-05-15 at 10:31 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

OrcBarbarianGuy

Trying to play the healer, Part I, male human chirurgeon alchemist:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Didn't have enough extracts/day to be an effective healer, never had the opportunity to bomb enemies that weren't behind allies.

Trying to play the healer, Part II, female gnome haunted oracle of life:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Character I'm currently playing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Created a kitsune Haunted Oracle of the Dark Tapestry, focusing on mind and insanity type effects. Practically the PF version of a worgen WoW shadow priest. Her background however had her growing up as a Varisian, just because the idea of a kitsune gypsy tickled my fancy. The way it ended up going though, she basically cribbed from Kamen Rider Wizard, with a strange eclipse ritual to summon otherworldy creatures woke her power and the only thing that saved her was hope, and given the chance she'd use their own power to fight against them.

29. - Top - End - #389

PirateCaptain

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While playing Mutants and Masterminds, I decided I wanted to play a paragon of virtue, a Paladin Superhero. I deliberately went with the Big Guy archetype, basically having skin harder than diamond and a punch that could literally send people into Orbit. And he was a hardcore Texan. His costume incorporated a stetson.

I tried, really tried to play him as the gentle giant. Right up until my efforts to stop a gang of terrorists led to a dozen innocents getting gunned down. I tend to punch first, and really, really hard now when it comes to the Anti-Supers who were responsible, Pilgrim.
    Last edited by Ninjadeadbeard; 2013-05-19 at 12:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Ninjadeadbeard just ninja'd my post. How apt.
    Ninjadeadbeard's Extended Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #390
    Spamalot in the Playground

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation~
    Spoiler
    Show
    The GM started up a superhero campaign that pitted us against an alien threat. Standard Marvel type stuff, and the adventure started in Miami.

I created an interstellar bounty hunter who was hunting the invading aliens for the reward money. My character was indifferent to collateral damage done on Earth because she believed humans were pretty self-destructive anyway. It's not that I actively tried to hurt humans, my character simply felt that removing the deadly alien threat justified being overt about it if necessary.

Well, after I accidently detonated a meth lab and blew up two criminals with it, the GM flanderized my character quite a bit in his mind as a "All humans must die" kind of alien. Except as a cute little kitty only because the physical design of my alien was short (a little over 5 feet tall) and had a slight feline look.

So, if the GM just kept assuming I was going to wreck the planet to get my bounty, I might as well do it with some style, right? I got into the Lobo mindset and played my character accordingly. Not my original intention but I still had a lot of fun, especially with the alien cursing.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races