New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Banned

Griffon

Default Re: What I Made, What the GM Saw, What I Played

Here is my current character, a Sorcerer.
    He's still alive, for now.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    ....Do you mind if I steal this idea and use it for my next character? That is awesome.
    Go right ahead.

Since posting that image that pixie has (somehow) managed to become the party leader. She's not the strongest party member, she's a sword-and-board weapon finesse using Crusader of Ehlonna who refuses to use racial powers in combat (she's never read a story about a knight who turns invisible and shoots sleep arrows so she doesn't either) but dang it if her heart isn't in the right place. Not even the guy who has never played anything but evil characters has the heart to do it around her, leaving his drow poison master careening straight toward Chaotic Good if he's not there already.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

My Twilight from the first Exalted game I ever played:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navar100 View Post
    Here is my current character, a Sorcerer.
    He's still alive, for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Snip
    Just promise me you won't let him acquire the vampire template.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-04-02 at 01:01 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    BUENO!
    Cult of the Playground est. 2011

Proud owner of 1 internet

Cult of the Playground Highly endorses the ideals of the Tippyverse, World Optimization and "Paradise". its Clerics are encouraged to Optimize everything that they set there sights on. Perfection is our goal.
    to join simply copy this.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy
    Has your party been checked for DWS

6. - Top - End - #126

AssassinGuy

I applied to a PBP game with the promise of sandbox adventure for newly-turned gestalt vampire spawn. I thought it sounded like it could be a blast, so I made a female unarmed Swordsage with rich parents, a snobby attitude, and a rebel complex. This character's first order of business was to get back at the jerk that turned her, using any men that got in her way to further her goals. In the end, the DM saw the character as a little girl trying to play at being seductive (all NPCs miraculously were completely immune to any attempts at coercion or seduction), leaving me with no other resort but to just kill everything that so much as hinted that they might realize she was no longer human.

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    I'm pretty sure every factotum turns into the Doctor eventually (the ones that don't just specialize in Iaijutsu Focus, anyway).
    I have a friend I need to quote that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Telepath into Thrallherd with Expanded Knowledge (True Domination)... need I say more?

I KNEW I BOOKMARKED THIS FOR A REASON
    Do you need a reason to bookmark that?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Hell no!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    My Twilight from the first Exalted game I ever played:

Spoiler
    Show
    That's pretty damn awesome.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

First, that Eberron campaign:

Spoiler
    Show

That time I played a Shaper:

Spoiler
    Show

And finally, that epic campaign:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post
    First, that Eberron campaign:

Spoiler
    Show

That time I played a Shaper:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

12. - Top - End - #132

Heh, thanks. I'm rather proud of those.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'll find pictures eventually, but here we go:

What the GM made: A thriller-esque theological conspiracy.

What we saw: Everyone's trying to kill us.

What we played: Sengoku Basara in D&D form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

My latest character was a Pathfinder monk with the Martial Artist archetype, meaning I practice unarmed combat without all the traditions and mysticism. For campaign reasons I was a mercenary/bounty hunter hired to kidnap the annoying DMPC and sell him back to his family that he ran away from. So I did that (I don't think I was supposed to succeed), then joined the evil king because he was paying me more. Completely motivated by monetary reward.

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Please, please, please tell me that after a long and arduous battle, the BBEG finally fell to a SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot of people seem to be playing Lelouch as of late.

How you got there from where you started took me a minute to figure out, but is actually quite simple. I'm assuming it went something like this?:

1. Make a not-Chaotic-Evil drow.
    2. The DM immediately thinks "Oh great, it's Drizzt..."
    3. You end up taking the fight to the Underdark, in at least somewhat evil fashion.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #137

Please, please, please tell me that after a long and arduous battle, the BBEG finally fell to a SHINIGAMI CHOP!!!
    Actually, since the BBEG had perma-killed a party member that that character really liked, it was more like this:

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Had a really cool character in a high level game before...

Spoiler
    Show

Chaotic Good Melee focused Alchemist/Master Chymist who could transform into a Chaotic Evil dragon when absolutely necessary or under extreme circumstances.

GM thought it'd be awesome, burning things down with acid and slicing things apart with claws and such at will.

Ended up pretty much never leaving dragon form and becoming the party's pet...

19. - Top - End - #139

My favourite game.
    Spoiler
    Show

They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamgee View Post
    My favourite game.
    Spoiler
    Show

...how did the first become the second, let alone the third?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #141

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    That's pretty damn awesome.
    That was my reaction when I found out exactly what having Medicine 5 meant I was capable of.
    Last edited by Teln; 2012-04-03 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...how did the first become the second, let alone the third?
    Started out as an honest Stormtrooper Sgt. on the beat. Lost some men in a routine patrol on Nar'Shada, including a patrol speeder. A big fight broke out with some big underworld boss and some good samaritans. Also there was a Jedi. Got a call to investigate a report of a Jedi. Apparently I missed the action, the bosses didn't like this. Soon I was brought in for questioning by Imperial Intelligence. I was the last man of my squad at this point. Some evidence or bribes or favors got the underworld boss to frame me. Though someone at Imperial Intel sure must have wanted it to happen as well.

They put me on leave while they investigated further, depressed at how things went south I went to the bar. Happened upon the Jedi here, attempted to run down and catch her. I came so close, but alas it wasn't enough. Ended up shooting up the bar and anger people. Killed a few petty thugs trying to collect her for the bounty. They got in my way. My weapon of choice was a hand canon.

It didn't take me long to realize that something was going wrong with the "investigation". If I went back to the precinct there were good odds I would be killed. All my Stormtrooper held ideal was crashing down in front of him. He seen the corruption before him at this point. Got called to wait on for pickup because of the incident. Had to go and report in since I was off duty while this happened.

An old and very aged clone trooper who tipped me off in the bar and talked to me swoops out of nowhere in an old and stripped down Laat Gunship painted yellow and serving as a Taxi for the two to drive. They really tip me off to the corruption and tell me it's best I go. So I leave. I wasn't dumb enough to take the chances after some ominous warning signs I might be getting a permanent vacation.

So now me and these clone troopers hold up in a an old run down slummy apartment and I wait and plan. My guy decides it's time to play the straight and narrow and go back to the base and get some answers. My real reason is to get my equipment. I felt I was the only real Stormtrooper left sticking up for what we meant. An assassin droid approaches us and notifies he needs entrance into the precinct to get intel on his next target he can only find there. That intel is on the crime lord who had a part in framing me. At this point I need answers.

We concoct a devious plan to turn me in as a prisoner hoping for bounty. My name/designation was dropped on the local news so it wasn't too far out of the imagination that people on a desperate world might turn me in for some credits. The droid will slip in ahead of us posed a protocol droid. He does this, and turns some of the defenses off. Allowing me to wander the base, but first. I'm going to meet with the top boss of the base. An agent recently transferred from Imperial Intelligence. He questions me, and he admits that all of their evidence is phony and I was doing the right thing. Tells me I've gotten involved in something a little over my pay grade and then decides to put me in jail while they decide what to do with me. Though I had a feeling that would be the end for me if they did.

So while I'm in the base and since this is so hush hush I know people aren't going to know I've been essentially discharged yet and awaiting termination. So me and my old clone pals head deep into the base. A phony alarm by our assassin droid gets a lot of people looking outside for an attack. We work quick. It came close a few times where I had to talk my way through groups of old troopers I called friends. Came close to having to kill them. (I was playing a Soldier. We don't exactly have good charisma scores or any persuasion training.)

I get into my locker, the code hasn't been changed yet. Grab my Stormtrooper gear and make my way outside acting like I'm answering the alarm. We make our way out of the base, the droid meets up with us too. He has intel on where this crime boss is located or might be located. He also now has a name. (I forgot since this game is no longer running, and it was a long time ago.)

At the very perimeter fence exit Imperial Intel guy must have spotted me because it went south. People started shooting and chasing us. So its now a mad dash for the four of us into the crowded packed markets of the world. Clones split off to go and get the Gunship Taxi since no one was interested in them. Well relatively little were chasing them. Nothing the aged vets couldn't handle.

The droid went another way, they had trouble keeping up. This meant I had most of my former friends and allies now chasing me through the streets taking pot shots at me. I make it to the edge of the platform and look down into the abyss and the flying cars. It's certain death as I hear them getting closer. I see a hover train about to fly below the platform like an underpass. So I leap, and this is almost suicidal given the velocities involved.

Against all odds my armour protects me, but I do hit hard and roll down the train several cars before getting a handhold. (I made that jump by 1 point. One less and I would have went tumbling). The Stormtroopers take a few more potshots at me but I whisk out of sight too fast. Eventually the clones collect me and we rest up.

That's my story of how a Stormtrooper turned from a renegade down on his luck. It became my goal and the assassin droid to hunt down and locate this crime boss. I would get answers, and hunt people until the end of the earth until I got the truth. I was also doing it for my squad I lost on the planet. Painted my Stormtrooper armor a blazing fiery red and black. Took mercenary jobs to get some credits. Made a name for myself all the while hunting down the crime lord.

Eventually I did become more of a deckard investigator type than a mercenary, though there was minor overlap. I specialized in jobs against my former coworkers, had to be the person to set them right. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

That is my story, all of it you need to know. The game ended before I ever did find out why they hunted me. But it was my most badass game I participated in on these forums. It lasted for almost two years. We had like 8-10 players and the GM was doing sub plots for all of us. I tied in with the Jedi and the Assassin bot. Lots died, or dropped out. So it was soon whittled down to a core of 4-5 players. Though the Assassin droid joined a little later on.

GM seen me as a mercenary because sometimes I could get a little emotionally invested in my targets/arguments. And I got betrayed by the organization I so faithfully served.

Then again I also had impeccable detective skills for someone with no skills in those things. It was though, but I managed. While a lot of people would persuade/trick/lie their way past I could offer help to do jobs for people instead. Benefit of being trained by the best. Stormtroopers and later some tips from the clones.

I came so close to catching that Jedi player. It was the difference between 4 hit points where I finally had to let her get away. But at the end of the day by the time i fought my way to her I didn't have enough HP to fight her.

Suffice to say it was an awesome game. I had a lot of fun in game philosoraptoring my role in the storm troopers, ethics of terror tactics to keep populace in line, and other conundrums of coming to realize I had served one of the most vile organizations the galaxy ever seen.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2012-04-03 at 12:46 PM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

I'm pretty sure I came into that game as a mandalorian looking for her armor.

Then it died.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-04-03 at 03:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

I'm pretty sure I came into that game as a mandalorian looking for her armor.

Then it died.
    Ah right, it was such an amazing game. I wish it could have kept going. I was about to ask if we could take it into skype or something to speed things up. It was a really good game.

Exile

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

From a rather short-lived campaign:

Spoiler
    Show

I made a Modron rogue that my DM feared would be some kind of killing machine because of the absurd number of attacks he was able to make in a round. However, the party also had a half-dragon/half-troll barbarian that utterly overshadowed any combative power my Modron may have had. Because of the barbarian, subtlety never was an aspect of the party's modus operandi. Ultimately, my character's role was reduced to nothing and I never even had a chance to develop a personality for the poor fella, rendering it a mere cube.
    Last edited by eyeofsaulot; 2012-04-04 at 11:28 AM.
    It began - and ends - with Pylon. Pylon stands in the doorway, beckoning me in.

my last.fm
    my rym

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone mind if I join the party?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Sup ho.

Avatar by the profilic kaptainkrutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Really, getting mad at a story for using tropes is about as sane as getting mad at the book it's printed in for using atoms.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You throw a few tactically placed fireballs and the DM thinks you're a pyro nutter.
    Last edited by Skaven; 2012-04-03 at 09:21 PM.
    Credits to Nathan for my avatar!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Colossus in the Playground

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deborah "Debbie" Dobson is the character I've just, sadly, finished playing in a... whatever the human version of the White Wolf games is called. Her premise was that she is a wanna-be serious investigative reporter who was the only survivor of a "slasher movie" - all her crew were picked off and slaughtered by an unknown assailant. I wanted her to be more intelligent than she looked but hard to take seriously (she's a natural blonde who dyes her hair black in an effort to seem more "serious"), ambitious and vain.
    The GM saw just a blonde bimbo victim - and unfortunately the fact it turns out I'm pretty awful at the quick-thinking that's required for the acting-out of roleplay expected in a White Wolf game, it was pretty understandable :/
    In the very last game I was playing this character, the GM revealed the tweest that the character I'd been playing was actually the fetch of a Changeling. Jessica Rabbit is, I think, a pretty good guide to what her natural form looks like: all the standards of beauty, the large eyes and red lips and narrow waist and all that, are exaggerated to the point where she's as grotesque as she is beautiful. She was last seen making out with the only remaining normal human party member to feed on his desire for her (he didn't seem to be complaining...).

The first game I played with her, I was ready to kill her off and make a new character. Now, I'm really sad I have to leave the game

30. - Top - End - #150

Forget all these Lelouch characters, I've got a better one:

Spoiler
    Show