1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: What I Made, What the GM Saw, What I Played

Quote Originally Posted by Knight13 View Post
    Forget all these Lelouch characters, I've got a better one:

Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have won all the cookies that were ever made, and all that will be made.

*grovels at Knight13's feet*
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

NOM

Time to celebrate!
    Last edited by Knight13; 2012-04-04 at 08:41 PM.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Young (PF template) Tibbit Wu Jen. I had given him ocular spells for ultimate lazor kitteh lolz. But, being one of the stronger players in the group, the DM was a little afraid of how I would deal with being a Caster (I usually play... well basically everything else.) Now instead of becoming an extremely powerful caster - or using spells at all for that matter - I simply focused on the RPing aspect of being a kitten . I even got my own special skill called "adorableness" that I gained ranks in according to the amount of RP done, and I could use the skill in case diplomacy, bluff, or intimidation failed . Fun game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Not my character; it's a player of mine's.

Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

The campaign is on a homebrew world where, 800 years ago, the gods (think like Norse gods) fought a war with humanity (somewhere between traditional fantasy and Tippyverse). Humanity won, but in the process caused a cataclysm that completely wrecked the world. The known world is pretty much desert, with the stronger fortifications from The God War still standing and mostly serving as easy spots for towns. The world has a lot of magic, but it is fairly weak. Recorded history starts about 700 years ago, with the God War being just legends.
    Also, the sun moves in a circle around the sky and then sets where it rose (a quirk caused by the ridiculous amount of planar binding magic going on during the God War -- it locked the planet and sun in place and the planet rotates in 2 perpendicular directions).

Anyway, my player's character concept is that he is the former god of conflict and debauchery, who decided it would be better for him to not be a god anymore and gave up his powers, which locked him in a stasis until about 30 years ago. He doesn't age, but also doesn't remember a whole lot, mostly mixing memories from the stories of people he has met in with his own.
    HOWEVER, he has been a wandering bard for 30 years now, and knows a whole lot of people. This has created a lot of different roleplaying opportunities as he has a ton of contacts in major cities, etc. His whole goal is to watch conflict and chaos as it unfolds, and in any case just wants to have a good time. All in all, he is very charismatic and has history with many people, mostly involving parties.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

I WOULD have used the Illithid Savant PrC pic for this, but I noticed the empty skull, and all that, and decided to play it safe.

Enjoy your nightmares...

Spoiler
    Show
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    I WOULD have used the Illithid Savant PrC pic for this, but I noticed the empty skull, and all that, and decided to play it safe.

Enjoy your nightmares...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Cannot unsee...
    Cult of the Playground est. 2011

Proud owner of 1 internet

Cult of the Playground Highly endorses the ideals of the Tippyverse, World Optimization and "Paradise". its Clerics are encouraged to Optimize everything that they set there sights on. Perfection is our goal.
    to join simply copy this.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy
    Has your party been checked for DWS

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Enjoy your nightmares...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll never be able to take illithids seriously again. That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Six View Post
    I was in the mood for something fun and cute so I made a Pixie who loved human 'fairy tales' aspired to be the world's greatest knight.

Spoiler
    Show
    I saw this the other day and decided to find out exactly what fullplate weighs for such a small creature, only to find out that not only are there no rules for armor smaller than tiny and weapons that are not small medium or large, but D&D pixies are enormous. They're small sized and 2.5 feet tall. That's almost the size of a halfling! That doesn't seem right at all.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the dm saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

I just did not die. In fact I think once my dwarf got the cyborg parts, he never even got bloodied.
    Last edited by Ertwin; 2012-04-07 at 08:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I saw this the other day and decided to find out exactly what fullplate weighs for such a small creature, only to find out that not only are there no rules for armor smaller than tiny and weapons that are not small medium or large, but D&D pixies are enormous. They're small sized and 2.5 feet tall. That's almost the size of a halfling! That doesn't seem right at all.
    Not entirely true. Smaller than tiny you simply use the tiny figures, and divide the armor bonus by 2. There's also a chart in the SRD regarding weapons of different sizes. I'm not sure if it's in the PHB or the DMG if you use Dead Tree format, though.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Not entirely true. Smaller than tiny you simply use the tiny figures, and divide the armor bonus by 2. There's also a chart in the SRD regarding weapons of different sizes. I'm not sure if it's in the PHB or the DMG if you use Dead Tree format, though.
    There's a table that gives damage outputs, but not weight.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    There's a table that gives damage outputs, but not weight.
    I believe it's stated somewhere that you just keep halving/doubling the weight. Could be wrong, though.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Enjoy your nightmares...

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind. Blown.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew world, homebrew rules. Enter Hörthur the viking.

I was playing a nice guy who happened to be a viking, and who I thought was built to use whatever equipment suited the situation (shield, sword, axe, dualwield, armor, no armor....). The problem was he couldn't do it all at once, or any of it well.
    The DM thought I was making a brute that screams and rushes at the enemies with an axe, just like all the other vikings. Incidentally, he thought the character would also die 5 minutes into this Japanese campaign because he can't dodge any arrows.
    What he ended up as (after a rebuild, and as the rules kept changing) is ridiculous.
    He shield-bashed a dragon to death - but he would have died to a single breath attack. He makes manly shouts that scatter enemies away from him - but he can't hit them. He is so agile he is safer without wearing a helmet, or torso armor, or groin/upper leg armor - but he only learned to jump a few sessions ago, since it's linked to a skill he didn't have. There was even the scene where a guy is kicked (speared, in this case) hundreds of meters down - unfortunately, Hörthur was the one falling. He survived, with the equivalent of D&D's -9 hp, floating in the water on top of his wooden shield.
    Last edited by endoperez; 2012-04-08 at 08:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

Griffon

This character is for another party member. He's playing an elven paladin now. Previous campaign he played a half-elf fighter, and this Made/Saw/Play picture would be exactly the same.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

This thread definetly made me register..

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Mind. Blown.
    I think, "Mind. Flayed." would be more appropriate here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Explanation: This was a Forum Emblem game, but it still applies. My character was originally going to be a nerdy, socially awkward swordsman who's out for revenge against the guy/s who killed his father. there was a houserule that anyone who got Ko'd and would automatically level up to within 5 levels of the average party level if they were not so already. So, upon being recruited, I sent him after the boss. He was essentially a level -10 unit at that point, vs a level 10 Character. He got offed by one of the mooks, but hey, those level-ups were awesome.

When it came to actually interacting with the party, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but he just became an uber troll.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

18. - Top - End - #168

PirateGirl

This one time, in star wars. (started RCR, we switched to SAGA halfway through) I made this scoundrel computer slicer with a background in espionage, she carried a tiny holdout blaster, a skewed moral compass and a give-em-hell attitude.

The GM eventually needed to pass the buck of 'chosen one' onto a PC that showed up more reliably than his first choice, enter force sensitivity and a surprise twist involving her origin.

Basically, this is what happened.
    Last edited by Aasimar; 2012-04-08 at 09:06 PM.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aasimar View Post
    This one time, in star wars. (started RCR, we switched to SAGA halfway through) I made this scoundrel computer slicer with a background in espionage, she carried a tiny holdout blaster, a skewed moral compass and a give-em-hell attitude.

The GM eventually needed to pass the buck of 'chosen one' onto a PC that showed up more reliably than his first choice, enter force sensitivity and a surprise twist involving her origin.

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, this is what happened.
    Assuming the "turn evil" part was not originally part of the plan/plot, I feel kind of sorry for your GM.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-04-09 at 02:36 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

20. - Top - End - #170

PirateGirl

Well, she never went completely whole-hog evil in-game, mostly because the stakes were 'if we don't keep working together, the galaxy will be destroyed'.

She did go whole hog-evil in her post-game story, only to return to a semblance of anti-heroism in a new campaign where she was the npc mother of my new PC, who incidentally turned out to be a much more appropriate 'chosen one'. (I swear we weren't just ripping off the movies switching only the sexes of the characters :-P )
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you judge them, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TodoGoldwert View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Bwahaha, bonus points for the Labyrinth reference.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human Duskblade with a good Charisma score, built largely because I'd just started reading Michael Moorcock's Elric saga and wanted to model Elric. The DM sees a basic gish build. In play, he turns out to be vain, preening, and skirt-chasing, with a battle-cry of "not in the face!"
    Current D&D characters: None
    Currently GMing: "The Last War of Outremer", Pathfinder/D&D 3.5
    The Crown and the Ring: Blog where I ramble and muse about elements of gaming culture, game mechanics, the philosophy of Dungeon Mastery (at least as it applies to me), and chronicle, step by step, the creation of a campaign world.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

Goblin

WoD campaing I'm in right now:

What I made:
    A writer who found strong connections between British govenment and the occult and had his reputation destroyed by higher ups. Also, a junkie.

What the GM saw:
    Depressed and desperate man trying to rebuild his reputation, broken over being left by his wife and struggling with addiction.

What I play:
    This guy.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-11 at 07:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    What I play:
    This guy.
    Just so you know, that link leads me to a Disney website, I don't think it's intended.
    If you're talking about Spider Jerusalem as the URL says though... sounds amazing. Amazingly terrifying for the NPCs, and by extension, the GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exactly how do you use the template?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    Exactly how do you use the template?
    Save it.
    Open it in paint, or GIMP, or whatever.
    Add in your pics.
    Save it, post it online, add it as an image here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

27. - Top - End - #177

I was playing a 4th level Good-aligned necromancer/magical doctor in a 3.5 game. He, along with the party barbarian, were the only two voices of reason, sanity, morality and ethics in a gang of morons and mad men led by a sociopathic fighter rogue. Think of Jayne Cobb with Blackadder's ruthless cunning. Hence the image posted.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Brauron View Post
    What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Human Duskblade with a good Charisma score, built largely because I'd just started reading Michael Moorcock's Elric saga and wanted to model Elric. The DM sees a basic gish build. In play, he turns out to be vain, preening, and skirt-chasing, with a battle-cry of "not in the face!"
    I recognize that guy, what show/movie is he from?
    Part of the "Raise Nale and Let Him Serve Life in Prison" fan-club

"The only reason why people didn't like Durkon before was because he is the only member of the group that doesn't commit evil, like hurting others, or breaking the rules for giggles. I.E.' He's not cool'"

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cerlis View Post
    I recognize that guy, what show/movie is he from?
    It's Autolycus from Xena: Warrior Princess, apparently played Bruce Campbell. *zomg*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JCnpbnLM0
    Last edited by JonRG; 2012-04-09 at 06:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Just so you know, that link leads me to a Disney website, I don't think it's intended.
    If you're talking about Spider Jerusalem as the URL says though... sounds amazing. Amazingly terrifying for the NPCs, and by extension, the GM.
    Ups, my bad with the link, I'll fix it later.
    And yes, it is Spider Jerusalem.