Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What I Made, What the GM Saw, What I Played

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spyception.
    lol. I was the DM for this one (D&D) He literally did play the spy from TF2, a changeling rogue with a variety of cover identities (all the other guys from TF2) and a morphing weapon that would shift to peoples' melee weapons as he shifted form. his most commonly used form was that of the heavy which he took to calling Ivan. the name of the spy, just so I had something to refer to him as during narrative, was O.D.A.S. (the Obscure, Demure, Azure Saboteur) since, as in the photo, he was a blu team spy.

in something of an odd twist, here's the character I played in Gensh's D&D game.

Spoiler
    Show
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think that I'll take a shot at this one. The game in question hasn't quite started yet, but from the pre-game reactions I think that these should be accurate...

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

Not quite, but it is the correct character. None seem to have guessed it correctly yet, so I won't name him, but the image should be enough. If not...

"I will raise up the dead,... and make them outnumber the living!"

What the GM seems to think of this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Right...I suppose that saying he was the Angel of Good Intentions was somewhat inadviseable...as was the whole undead empire thing...

What I'll likely be playing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty much, yes...especially when differing cultural norms come into play...

As a note to any other players in the game (and the gm), if you should happen to realize that I am referring to your game:

My playing as Morgoth is simply my perception of your perception of the character. This perception is likely flawed. Please do not take offense.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-04-11 at 01:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The heck is that first one? Looks to me like either a City of Heroes/Champions Online character or someone from ReBoot. And more importantly, how did you get from him/her/it to what I presume is Dr. Frankenfurter?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    The heck is that first one? Looks to me like either a City of Heroes/Champions Online character or someone from ReBoot.
    I'm pretty sure it's one of the spider Predacons from the show Transformers: Beast Wars. I can't remember his name, though.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

It's transmetal Tarantulas from Beast Wars, who functions as the badguy's mad scientist. He's seen as insane for many reasons, but first among them is having the sort of urges living creatures would have even though he is a robot, and thus it is scene as unnatural. I know he "ate" things even though he couldn't really digest them, and I believe he tried to make some other robots his mate but it's been too long for me to be certain on the latter one.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
    It's transmetal Tarantulas from Beast Wars, who functions as the badguy's mad scientist. He's seen as insane for many reasons, but first among them is having the sort of urges living creatures would have even though he is a robot, and thus it is scene as unnatural. I know he "ate" things even though he couldn't really digest them, and I believe he tried to make some other robots his mate but it's been too long for me to be certain on the latter one.
    He tried making Black Arachnia his mate. She was less than enthusiastic.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

7. - Top - End - #187

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

8. - Top - End - #188

In the game I play in with my current group on the weeks I'm not running a game.

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What my DM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I am playing
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

An excuse to have fun with GIMP! Oh boy!

Spoiler
    Show

Elan telepath who worked as a librarian and became one of the greatest liars Greyhawk has ever known.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarai View Post
    Became one of the greatest liars Greyhawk has ever known.
    Surely being known as a great liar is counterintuitive?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Orran View Post
    Surely being known as a great liar is counterintuitive?
    Touché. I was all psyched and didn't focus quite so much on the words.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here we go.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    It's probably self explanatory, but I wanted to play a character who, like Witchers, hunted monsters for coin. I also wanted this character to be fairly moral about it, though, and when the GM saw "Good" on my character sheet he immediately thought of Claymore (not an unreasonable assumption to make, all things considered.) Once the game actually began, I tried to dissuade him from that opinion by focusing much more on the "hero-for-hire" side of things, perhaps to an extreme.
    Spoiler: My Glowing Reviews
    Show

Laura is a really good GM. She doesn't take ****.
    Good campaign. I do remain my favorite GM, of course, but second-best is pretty good!
    Just write Game of Thrones already.
    I hate that Laura's built out this world enough that we can walk into a church full of nudists and my first thought is, "Oh, it's these guys..."
    This is probably the most enjoyable campaign I've ever played in. It's really stressful, but enjoyable!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

The three player characters from a "Pulp Fantasy" Savage Worlds game. Set in 1939, we were originally supposed to be fighting Those Wacky Nazis, but after they destroyed us in the our first fight with them, we decided to focus on fighting Lovecraftian horrors instead, as it would be safer. And we were right!

Spoiler
    Show

My character. Even managed to lose an arm! By pulling the pins on all his grenades at once while surrounded by eldritch abominations, and thanks to a series of spectacular rolls, (mostly) surviving.

Spoiler
    Show

This guy killed so many cosmic horrors with a hammer that we're pretty sure he Exalted as a Solar. On Earth, still. Somehow.

Spoiler
    Show

Things like moving and talking are for losers who don't have an anti-tank rifle.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Eternata View Post
    Here we go.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    It's probably self explanatory, but I wanted to play a character who, like Witchers, hunted monsters for coin. I also wanted this character to be fairly moral about it, though, and when the GM saw "Good" on my character sheet he immediately thought of Claymore (not an unreasonable assumption to make, all things considered.) Once the game actually began, I tried to dissuade him from that opinion by focusing much more on the "hero-for-hire" side of things, perhaps to an extreme.
    Well, Claymores are pretty much the distaff counterparts of Witchers...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until the big reveal at least.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Beguilers are better than you might imagine.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    The heck is that first one? Looks to me like either a City of Heroes/Champions Online character or someone from ReBoot. And more importantly, how did you get from him/her/it to what I presume is Dr. Frankenfurter?
    Reboot was actually made by the same company as beast wars (mainframe entertainment, now rainmaker) reboot ran from 93-96 (with its sorta-canon 4th season in 01) and then beast wars followed immediately afterwards from 96-99 using many of the same actors and animators. so your guess is not far off. I'll explain.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
    yep, that's who it is, beast wars, best show ever, transformers or otherwise. He's insane for a number of reasons, and yes, "urges" from living creatures is a good way to put it. In the third episode, "the web," he kidnaps cheetor, ties him up in a web, and plans to cannibalise him. which is where we learn that tarantulas eats living creatures (we see him snare a gazelle later on in the show, since it's set in tanzania) and despite he derives no nutritive value from this "this is a dumb plan, web-breath, I don't have any real blood, just mech fluid", he responds that it's "more the act [he] enjoys''

as with the show in general, it's kinda hard to miss the subtext here (part of what made it so hilarious) so I thought it would be fun to play as tarantulas because of how crazy he was and how his scenes were always a lot of fun to watch. the DM suggested I play as an aranea with a lower LA (scrapped the sorcerer casting and some other stuff) which I thought sounded fine.

one of the aranea abilities that I did keep for tarantulas (with the ingenious character name of Aranea, since the other players were not familiar with the monster and didn't speak spanish) was the web a couple times a day. this came up a lot, since we had a fair amount of combat in-game (especially for a beguiler, which Aranea was)

during one of the combats, we were trying to catch some criminals, so while tossing out a web, I yelled "Catches thieves just like flies!" as it stuck to him.

from this point, the rest of the players referred to Aranea OOC as "Gay Spider-man" which sort of stuck.

as the campaign went on, in typical beguiler style, I found that social interaction is often a better way to get what you want than combat and took to using my beguiler powers to seduce the strapping young men that he came across rather than spam "stay the hand" (we were level 4 or 5 for this game, so the beguiler's in-combat options were somewhat limited as opposed to later on)

ultimately, the game wound up breaking down somewhat, and this is what all of the social interactions ended up consisting of, and I realised I'd kind of devolved into self parody and was somehow playing a character even more high-camp than tarantulas. as I tried to think of who could possibly be campier, I had my answer: Frank n Furter. I realised who I was really playing and then all was right with the world, and a good time was had by all.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

17. - Top - End - #197

SamuraiGuy

This thread is awesome! It reminded me of this character I had few campaigns ago.

Spoiler
    Show

The Story
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a homebrew setting, where elves were waif and fair, humans were amazingly versatile, and dwarves were truly rugged, I just wanted to play a simple Elven Bard. But I had the blessed fortune to roll perhaps the second greatest set of stats I have ever had on any character anywhere. Coming away with starting Dex of 20, and Charisma 20, I figured she would be great at evading anything and everything she couldn't talk he way out of and be the Party support member at best.

The GM saw the stats and the fact she carried a longbow, and dismissed it as me playing a half-naked elf sniper, and considered it likely I would invest in perform (striptease). I wanted to avoid that like the plague, and she became something between soothsayer and mother of the party, even avoiding combat to the point of being called a pacifist from time to time. By the end of the campaign with the right words in the right places, she became a darling of the noble houses, and eventually became the adopted daughter of the King of the north.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-04-12 at 04:27 AM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

18. - Top - End - #198
    Banned

Goblin

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What DM Everybody Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I wanted to play
    Spoiler
    Show

mixed with

What I turned out playing
    Spoiler
    Show

mixed with

Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-12 at 08:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Holy crap, VOTOMS. The end result is very "ouch", though, especially when compared to the intended one.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by NM020110 View Post
    I think that I'll take a shot at this one. The game in question hasn't quite started yet, but from the pre-game reactions I think that these should be accurate...

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

Not quite, but it is the correct character. None seem to have guessed it correctly yet, so I won't name him, but the image should be enough. If not...

"I will raise up the dead,... and make them outnumber the living!"

What the GM seems to think of this:
    Spoiler
    Show

Right...I suppose that saying he was the Angel of Good Intentions was somewhat inadviseable...as was the whole undead empire thing...

What I'll likely be playing:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty much, yes...especially when differing cultural norms come into play...

As a note to any other players in the game (and the gm), if you should happen to realize that I am referring to your game:

My playing as Morgoth is simply my perception of your perception of the character. This perception is likely flawed. Please do not take offense.
    Having only had contact with Touhou through the fandom, I don't understand the difference between the latter two. Except maybe in levels of panache.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

21. - Top - End - #201

WolfInSheepsClothing

Eh, I probably could have put it better. I'll go ahead and make an explanation, since the game has started now.

What I made, What the GM is seeing, and What I'm Playing (text version):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The original concept was an ancient emperor returning to the world and calling the dead citizens of his empire to build a new one. The point of closest reference for this is propably Gilgamesh.

The GM seems to have seen the "raising tens of thousands of undead from the depths of hell" thing, and seized on it. As a result, my world opinion is on par with the demonic forces which seek to destroy everything that's left of the world. Hence the comparison to Morgoth, the dark enemy of the world.

Due to the millions of years worth of cultural differences, general disregard for physical pain and disfigurement(some citizens will actually behead themselves as a practical joke on outsiders...), and having the second highest amount of magical power in the world (the highest being taken by a cabal of archmages with a chokehold on the world's magical artifacts), I'll likely be significantly different from everyone else. Thus the comparison with Yukari, commonly noted to be one of the least understandable youkai. For example:

<after spending one-thousand years planning and executing a second invasion of the moon>
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari, in Silent Sinner in Blue <ecstatic>
    Alright, alright! I can stop pretending to be angry.
    Perhaps it would have been more clear had I used the following:

+

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    This thread is awesome! It reminded me of this character I had few campaigns ago.

Spoiler
    Show

The Story
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a homebrew setting, where elves were waif and fair, humans were amazingly versatile, and dwarves were truly rugged, I just wanted to play a simple Elven Bard. But I had the blessed fortune to roll perhaps the second greatest set of stats I have ever had on any character anywhere. Coming away with starting Dex of 20, and Charisma 20, I figured she would be great at evading anything and everything she couldn't talk he way out of and be the Party support member at best.

The GM saw the stats and the fact she carried a longbow, and dismissed it as me playing a half-naked elf sniper, and considered it likely I would invest in perform (striptease). I wanted to avoid that like the plague, and she became something between soothsayer and mother of the party, even avoiding combat to the point of being called a pacifist from time to time. By the end of the campaign with the right words in the right places, she became a darling of the noble houses, and eventually became the adopted daughter of the King of the north.
    Whats the source on that first picture?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by NM020110 View Post
    Eh, I probably could have put it better. I'll go ahead and make an explanation, since the game has started now.
    Honestly, I was just making fun of the fandom version of Yukari.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

MY first time playing Eclipse Phase with GM pre-gens:

What the GM described:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM described the character as a Futura morph Lost with extreme mental problems and an obsession with fire.
    The sheet read more like super hacker extraordinaire with the mind of a child and body of a full grown woman.
    I ended up playing someone who could gather any info necessary on a whim, handle almost any combat situation herself (and if she couldn't the other character was a tachikoma) and, thanks to her ungodly skills and some amazing rolls, ended up trapping the big bad inside a nightmare in his own cyber mind, disconnected from the mesh, and crippling his body.
    Last edited by MunsterJujus; 2012-04-13 at 11:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by MunsterJujus View Post

What the GM described:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM described the character as a Futura morph Lost with extreme mental problems and an obsession with fire.
    The sheet read more like super hacker extraordinaire with the mind of a child and body of a full grown woman.
    I ended up playing someone who could gather any info necessary on a whim, handle almost any combat situation herself (and if she couldn't the other character was a tachikoma) and, thanks to her ungodly skills and some amazing rolls, ended up trapping the big bad inside a nightmare in his own cyber mind, disconnected from the mesh, and crippling his body.
    Soooo you played a complete badass, good on ya.
    A thing I made! The Spirited Blade; warrior of the mind come by and tell me what you think.

May glory flow forever more to The Mad Hatter for bringing Haeros; Master of the Transcendant Style to my avatar box!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

What the GM described:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes I did describe as having a certain love of fire didn't I.
    For I am your DM!!!
    Also sorry if it didn't help you much as it had been 4months since I had last run EP...
    And that was the first time I ran it. In which I will actually make one of these for each character
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

What I saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Basically, when I made my character for this game, I intended for him to be mostly a spy of the non-ridiculous/non-Bond/social infiltrator variety, and an occasional assassin. My DM, on the other hand, only saw my character's listed alignment--Lawful Good. She became all ridiculous about how I can't possibly be both Lawful Good and completely lacking in a drive to charge headfirst at evil/go out seeking evil to fight, despite the fact that my character got to where he was by game's start because he basically got his status reduced to property to save a random child he never met. So she basically tried to pigeonhole me into doing all that (doing things like giving random guards +30 Sense Motive modifiers, etc.) It didn't work well.
    Last edited by AgentofHellfire; 2012-04-14 at 06:17 PM.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

You going to add image tags later or something?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Yikes! I actually know someone on this site!

I guess I cannot spin elaborate lies anymore.

And no I had a lot of fun, its just takes some getting use to playing EP if you have never heard/played it before

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Yikes! I actually know someone on this site!

I guess I cannot spin elaborate lies anymore.
    Negative, you now have an accomplice to create lies and back up your own.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance