New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What I Made, What the GM Saw, What I Played

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    [/spoiler]*Edit: explanation: I had a high AC, and a decent dexterity. I had all of the standard rogue skills, and took things like... nimble fingers, and stealthy from FR and Faerun. I got my spider climb ring, a cloak of elven kind, boots of elven kind, masterwork thieves tools, potions of reduce person, that kind of thing. I get my size down to diminutive with a greater reduce person potion, and start climbing the bed (using climbing gear) only to fall off of the bed, and hit the floor (which nearly kills me) The sleeping person I am about to kill hears that noise, and begins getting up only to almost step on me repeatedly by accident, until he spots me, and starts chasing me with a broom like a rat (which at this point would have killed me in one hit).[/spoiler]
    There are clearly a lot of house rules in play here.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yes, he had the house rule of: if you are smaller, an equivalent distance is the same. The drop had nearly dropped me. Potions were not limited to lower level/cure spells, but instead to any spell that effected you directly. The higher level spells are however exasperatingly costly. No potions of Mage Armor etc.

However, being diminutive the bed being equivalently say... seven or eight stories in height, my hit dice being lowered due to my size meant that that fall was going to hurt. Especially after I rolled 1's on both my tumble, and reflex saves, which resulted in the breaking of the containers for some rather nasty alchemical substances.
    Now, having a lowered strength as well due to my reduced size, when I hit the ground and popping noise was heard (Thought this time I made my reflex save, thank goodness, and thus did not roast to death in a tiny poof of alchemical fire...) which woke the man my character was about to assassinate.

First of all, let me get out of the way that I had been extremely unlucky in my rolls for a few minutes at this point, and that the DM was having rather a good time of it, in that for every 1 I rolled he rolled a 20. The man heard the noise, I got up to investigate. I tried remaining still, only to make yet another reflex save as his foot came down where I was crouching (I had decided to climb the middle of the bed). I managed to get out of the way, having my choice of which direction to dodge the foot, only to end up under the other, making yet another reflex save, and having such a slow, slow speed, I began to run. Yes indeed. He saw me however. (Having rolled a 20 when I dodged his second foot.) I being the 'stylish' type, vouched for a dark, ragged, and trailing cloak of black spider silk (Which also covered my pack, in which the fire had been, my bandoleer was ok, which was good). Seeing this, the man mistook me for a mouse, or a small rat. Got up walked over ahead of me (I get no AOA (RAW), and no one steps on a rat barefooted.) I continue hurriedly for the nearest window, he takes a swipe at me (ridiculous AC) and missed. I activate my ring and begin climbing the wall hurriedly. He swipes at me and misses. I get up onto the window sill, he swipes at me and misses, and get out the window onto the side of his house climb up onto his roof. From there I make my way across the building down the other side into an alleyway. At which point my potion wears off. I chug invis, and move quiet as I can back to the inn.

The lesson is: The closeness of death when diminutive is only a footstep away.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    So, If I get ths straight, you made a smart guy, DM saw your usual badass battle cleric and you ended up playing pissed off guy constantly running away from archers?
    Most "learned" looking barbarian pic i found in a quick search

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
    If I guess correctly he was playing an archivist and the DM just saw a cleric by another name. Not a long jump if 3.5 was the system he was talking about.
    Yes, to the point where i was not able to access any other Divine classes spells and was stuck with a extremity limited selection. This occurred for 8 levels until i announced that i had enough of the lack of support for my class and was converting it to a Cloistered Cleric (i had by this time had a couple of levels of Barb for a while so the picture fits)

It was only when i announced that i was changing the classes that the DM decided to hastily let me have more choices but i'd had enough, given that we'd had the same discussion about looking for new spells everytime the PC had leveled up.
    In those 8 levels the total Divine Magic loot that was found was two scrolls - both of Cure Medium Wounds compared to the multitude of Arcane Scrolls and 4 whole spellbooks.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

The higher level spells are however exasperatingly costly. No potions of Mage Armor etc.
    What? Mage armor is level 1, and you can get them without house rules for 50 gp.

Also, rolling a 1 or a 20 on a skill doesn't invoke the auto-failure and auto-sucess rules. Otherwise you could jump over the moon if you tried hard enough.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Most "learned" looking barbarian pic i found in a quick search

Yes, to the point where i was not able to access any other Divine classes spells and was stuck with a extremity limited selection. This occurred for 8 levels until i announced that i had enough of the lack of support for my class and was converting it to a Cloistered Cleric (i had by this time had a couple of levels of Barb for a while so the picture fits)

It was only when i announced that i was changing the classes that the DM decided to hastily let me have more choices but i'd had enough, given that we'd had the same discussion about looking for new spells everytime the PC had leveled up.
    In those 8 levels the total Divine Magic loot that was found was two scrolls - both of Cure Medium Wounds compared to the multitude of Arcane Scrolls and 4 whole spellbooks.
    Yeah, a class like that one really shouldn't be gimped. Ever, at all.

I didn't say 20's were auto successes, or 1's auto-failures. I said I rolled 1's and failed, and he rolled 20's, and succeeded. I apologize if I was not clear enough on that.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-04-18 at 12:43 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Skaven View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

You throw a few tactically placed fireballs and the DM thinks you're a pyro nutter.
    You seem to have pyromaniac and cartoonist confused. That's OK though, they do share a lot of similarities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, he had the house rule of: if you are smaller, an equivalent distance is the same.
    I'm guessing there was a similar one for weapon damage? It's an interesting way to handle it, though the drop distance bit does greatly annoy me on a realism basis, as smaller things can generally fall proportionally further (where 10 body heights is utterly trivial for most large insects, and 100 for smaller insects).
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played:
    Spoiler
    Show
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show

Explanation: I build an ascetic mage, using the monk stuff more for fluff, being a ranged caster focus. The DM saw me as the one who was trying to be a melee with spells. In the end, my character ended up spending a lot of time flexing his muscles in front of large groups of people, in between maximized lightning bolts. His 24 charisma made sure people took notice, one way or another.
    I think I just had an evilgasm!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

So basically it was a Hunter: The Reckoning game where the ST impressed very strongly on us that we should make very organic characters... to start with who they are before they realize monsters live among us and really develop them. So impressed was I that I made a child of a mixed race family with dreams to be an actor someday, but right now was attending community college, having lots of sex and figuring out who he really was as an adult. In spite of this, he was a devout catholic (parents had met in a mission) and he struggled to justify his lifestyle, but overall was a carefree jerk who had a lot of potential.

The first encounter with a monster, I suckerpunched that guy like a jerk. Broke a bottle over his head and fought dirty because... hey, why would I fight fair? My ST sort of saw this to mean I was crazy "All the unclean must be purged with fire" and assigned me the "Avenger" archetype with the iconic power being to light melee weapons on fire.

Due to my heavily organic character creation style, I had started with something like Dex 2, Melee 1. Because there was a roleplay vote system where the majority of experience was doled out based on quality of roleplay relative to the other players, and the ST changing his mind about how he wanted the flaming sword power to work (for the weaker) several times, then deciding the gun I was using was too powerful, and Hunter: The Reckoning having its supernatural advancement track be based on gambling Conviction and succeeding, and finding myself always failing, it's the only RPG I've ever played where I ended the game concretely less powerful than I started. I pretty embarrassingly failed at everything I ever did, but I was in a team with the Incredible Hulk so I was fine.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

What I Made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

and
    Last edited by Knaight; 2012-04-18 at 02:38 AM.

-- ChubbyRain

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    I'm guessing there was a similar one for weapon damage? It's an interesting way to handle it, though the drop distance bit does greatly annoy me on a realism basis, as smaller things can generally fall proportionally further (where 10 body heights is utterly trivial for most large insects, and 100 for smaller insects).
    I was about to say, the shrunken sizes on that tabel were what D&D got RIGHT as far as square-cube law goes.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-04-18 at 02:20 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I liked doing that so much I made another.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Okay, last one I swear

Spoiler
    Show

I'm starting to realize that a common theme among my characters is abject humiliating failure.
    Last edited by Jerthanis; 2012-04-18 at 02:46 AM.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    What I Made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM Saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

and
    Please tell me that the second "What I Played" picture is on account of some truly epic Fun With Bluff ChecksTM and not just because it looks cool.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Please tell me that the second "What I Played" picture is on account of some truly epic Fun With Bluff ChecksTM and not just because it looks cool.
    Let me put it this way: This was a near-FATE game, which uses a skill pyramid. That highest skill, on top of the pyramid? That would be Deceit; this character spent the entire game lying through her teeth. It was glorious.

-- ChubbyRain

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Explanation:

I made a fairly basic Druid, going into a low-level game with quite a few people new to D&D. I was mostly using Entangle and such as we pottered around the countryside after kobolds (Including a time where it allowed our rag-tag bunch of morons to chip an Owl Bear to death while being level 1).
    I remember doing almost exactly that in the very first Baldur's Gate game. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    My animal companion wolf was mostly running around flanking, killing one or two kobolds every now and again... but then it became that the wolf didn't fear anything. At all. It's shrugged off about 20 attempts at paralysis on in, numerous fear effects, poisons, survived an attack with 1hp then killed it's attacker. So on and so forth.

And now we've gone underground and are mostly fighting undead. The sort of situation a level 3 Druid is utterly terrible in, but one in which a Large-Sized Wolf that doesn't seem to fail Saves ever is utterly destroying everything.
    Welcome to 3.5 Druids.

Also, this might be a better picture for your wolf.

Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-04-18 at 09:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

17. - Top - End - #257
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Here's one that I'm currently playing in a Legend campaign. Omnimental build.
    Spoiler
    Show

What I made, and omnimental essentially using all four of the elemental tracks and elemental pony.

What the DM saw, an opportunity to make Avatar jokes.

What I played, a shoggoth in the shape of a pony as a fellow player put it with a level of cheer that cannot be comprehended by mortal minds. All of those are mouths in case you couldn't tell by my crappy MS paint skills, and they are all smiling in some form or another. For a personality think Coyote from GC if he wasn't omnipotent or omniscient, but still just as playful.
    Last edited by Geigan; 2012-04-18 at 05:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

In a previous game of werewolf, a very silly one, I played an explosives expert/terrorist who had a choice between spook squad or jail. I took spook squad and my answer for a lot of problems was bombs.

Anyone, one guy had heard about this game, and got it into his head that I blew everything up. He recruited for a proper Exalted game and I joined. My character was meant to be the son of a firework maker, and I was going to learn firewand based martial arts.

However, the GM got nervous I would blow everything up, so he made part of the plot that firedust had become very rare, due to alchemicals having invaded the south and taken most of it. This also meant no fireworks, so I ended up taking martial arts and learning solar hero style.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

I got another one for you guys

what I made
    Spoiler
    Show

what the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

what I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    College years: Eberron setting - Sharn based, low combat / more social game

I made a skill crazy Bard with enough melee skill to get by in a pinch.
    When I started using Charm Person and Suggestion a little too much, the DM started to make assumptions of my character in a different direction...Didn't help that our group had a female elf with green hair either...was funny at the time.

later on, I notice I forgot to put down what I preformed with so I put down "Preform Rhymes" just to pull away from the Zero appearance,
    And end-game, I pulled a perfect near-V-quote just before blowing the bad guy away with explosives despite the DM trying to metagame his way out of it...and failing...

btw, the game's goal was to expose the BBEG to the Courts or Constable...not kill him, so this guy in a mask was declared a terrorist...so I do what any smart masked terrorist would do...toss his mask aside and VANISH into the crowds until they need another outlaw hero.

further explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

I wanted to be the guy who could do just about anything, from infiltration to assassinations and secretly be a spell caster, climb and use rope were abused a little too much so the DM started to hard-counter what I could do. Such as adamantine bars over a window when the window was on a sheer building side with no ledge under it and it only led into the kitchen... and there was nothing of value in this house, so I removed and took the bars, LOL.

and after getting blocked from swinging over by a Wind-Wall spell, I started to use (abuse) Charm Person+Suggestion and Disguise Self+Bluff to get around where the DM did not want me...it was actually easier to get what I wanted this way and this only made the DM more pissed at me.

and somehow my DM having seen Code Geass recently equates mind manipulations toward OP and kept making glowing red eye jokes...it got pretty bad...so I resorted to explosives...
    Last edited by Claymore007; 2012-04-27 at 11:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore007 View Post

what I made
    Spoiler
    Show

what the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

what I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

When I started using Charm Person and Suggestion a little too much, the DM started to make assumptions of my character in a different direction...Didn't help that our group had a female elf with green hair either...was funny at the time.

later on, I notice I forgot to put down what I preformed with so I put down "Preform Rhymes" just to pull away from the Zero appearance,
    And end-game, I pulled a perfect near-V-quote just before blowing the bad guy away with explosives despite the DM trying to metagame his way out of it...and failing...

btw, the game's goal was to expose the BBEG to the Courts or Constable...not kill him, so this guy in a mask was declared a terrorist...so I do what any smart masked terrorist would do...toss his mask aside and VANISH into the crowds until they need another outlaw hero.

Haha that's awesome. I do not recognize the first pic tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore007 View Post

what I made
    Spoiler
    Show

what the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

what I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course the question is, why would you not want to be Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    Haha that's awesome. I do not recognize the first pic tho...
    It's Hei, the main character of Darker Than Black. Although I'm not sure how he's supposed to represent a skill-monkey Bard as opposed to, say, an Electrokineticist.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

Goblin

Although I'm not sure how he's supposed to represent a skill-monkey Bard as opposed to, say, an Electrokineticist.
    He is called Chinese Electric Batman for a reason. DM wasn't really so far off, Zero is called FABULOUS Batman. And V is a little batmanish...He made entire set of differet pictures of Batman

From Epic campaing I just started playing:

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

Half-Orc Mystic Theurge

What I wanted it to be:
    Spoiler
    Show

How it turned out
    Spoiler
    Show

The backstory and personality turned out very similiar to that of Kriss de Valnor from Thorgal. Granted it was after I read a bunch of Thorgal comics.

Another one:

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

I made a teenage otaku girl. DM saw pretty much this - girl lusting over pretty boys from shonen anime.
    We played game based on W.I.T.C.H. and my character ended up being snarky, entusiastic and incredibly genre savvy.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-04-21 at 06:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another Eberron game, set in Sharn:

Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made a Blue Telepath that I wanted to play as a psychic detective who used powers to find clues. I loaded up on Detect Thoughts, Gloves of Object Reading, Psychometry, the works. My DM just saw a guy that could make people's heads explode.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Got another one here for a current game.

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I made a character with a friend. We were brother Daelkyr Half-bloods who went into becoming bounty hunters with each other. The original idea was to be crazy silly bounty hunters who work together to get the job done well, but as we continued to go farther into our backstory and decided what would motivate us in life, it definitely leaned to a sort of obsessive need to kill the Daelkyr that created us. But as I kept moving into my build of being the smack-talking-acrobatic-guy (and then even getting tentacle whips that I could swing on like they were grappling hooks) I realized that I had become Spiderman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

*revives the thread*

Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In a nWoD game, I made a Genius (Klagen) focused on Exelixi and Metaptropi, very inspired by The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. She starts off good, shy and relatively sane, but is destined to eventually split her personality in two more or less metaphorically, with her Wonders.

Turns out she's, so far, the only Genius with Exelixi, in a crossover game with many Genii. She's a nurse, and has healed a bunch of people. Very probably going to be a buffer, too. The GM gave her syringe gun a fault that makes people afraid of it. So, I suspect for most people, she's the "team" Medic with a scary pointy syringe gun.

Turns out I'm playing her in such a way she's very shy and socially awkward, but equally obsessed by past catastrophes. She's among the only ones to actively investigate the metaplot, and wants to prevent more personal tragedies from happening again. The really funny part is she's starting to get a lot of déjà vu (Genii running away from her, cars being controlled in the area to wreck stuff, bad stuff happening around 7/11 stores). Maybe she should invest in Skafoi and start doing some time travel. (It also turns out I am the only one who kept her Morality at 7 instead of decreasing it to get extra XP in exchange. It makes her the weakest PC around, much in the same way Homura is the only one to have no power that can directly hurt something/someone and needs to rely on her wits.)

TL;DR: I made a female Dr. Jekyll about to create Mrs. Hyde.
    The GM saw a zealous nurse with scary needles and medical tools.
    I play a shrinking violet trying to prevent disasters from happening (again) and has a lot of déjà vu.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-05-02 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Can't play with the template from work, but...from my current gestalt 3.PF campaign

What I made.
    What the DM saw.
    What I played.

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show
    I made a gestalt PF Soulknife//Swordsage for our crazy gestalt campaign...at this point I'm the only surviving member of the original party and I actually managed to get Erupting Burning Finger as a custom Maneuver.

Also, the game started out a bit more serious...and somehow has turned into a Sentai Team, guest starring the PCs. I'm still not sure how that happened.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2012-05-02 at 12:44 PM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground

What I Made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM Saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I Played
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Video game inspired 3.5 game. DM let me play a 13 year old girl raised almost from birth to be a Paladin in the militant arm of the Church. Also let me swing the Lawful Neutral alignment which, post game, shifted to Lawful Good. In a group of ~5, she had the highest kill count by the end of the game.

Punish lawbreakers, save the world, don't let morals get in the way.
    Awesome avatar by linklele
    "The Barrier World" Google Doc
    A post-post apocalyptic steampunk magitech Pathfinder setting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf and Ceika

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With my usual group, I'm playing an evil campaign in which Mephistopholes somehow amassed enough power to grab our character's souls from their intended destination upon death. So there's a Raptoran barbarian from Faerun, and the other two of us, a Yuan-Ti Pureblood Assassin along with a Human Artificer, both from Eberron. I mentioned that my artificer dressed like a cowboy and talked like one, too. Then I mentioned off-handedly that he has a crapton of construct grafts, so I became the group's terminator. Doesn't help that I can hit the hardest and have the highest AC at this point.
    Call me Rev, everyone else does

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    WoD campaing I'm in right now:

What I made:
    A writer who found strong connections between British govenment and the occult and had his reputation destroyed by higher ups. Also, a junkie.

What the GM saw:
    Depressed and desperate man trying to rebuild his reputation, broken over being left by his wife and struggling with addiction.

What I play:
    This guy.
    This game ended, I may now provide legitimate picture set:

What I made:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the GM saw:
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler
    Show

mixed with

Explanation
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty much as above, I made a writer who had found connections between the goverment and occultists, god his reputation destroyed and framed into cheating on his wife, who had left him. GM saw depressed guy struggling to get back what he lost and fighting with drug addiction. I played the best Spier Jerusalem I could, which wasn't very easy, but lead to many hialrous moments and some terrifing too (especially when I started to plan what I'll do with the BBEG once I get him). Also, in final game I managed to gave myself first aid to save myself from bleeding to death. With one hand. Twice. During the combat. Then I managed to succesfully operate on myself, still during the combat and with one hand, closing the wounds, desinfecting and burning them, all in one 7-seconds long round.

The game itself can be dscribed as:

What we played:
    Spoiler
    Show

What GM envisioned:
    Spoiler
    Show

plus

What we turned it into:
    Spoiler
    Show

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GM had plot about two alternate dimensions, one, in which werewolves won the war with vampires and another, in which they lost. While we didn't played retired badasses, we did some crazy stuff like from that movie. Including filling temple of other world's vampires with gas and then sending them a bomb from our dimension.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-05-07 at 06:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

What I made
    Spoiler
    Show

What the DM saw
    Spoiler
    Show

What I played
    Spoiler