New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

(DEEP BREATH) yay
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay so I would like to tell my boyfriend(well not really my boyfriend, but we do have a mutual understanding that we have very strong feelings for each other ie, we're waiting for parent approval) that I'm in love with him. And I'd like to do it in song. I need help finding the right one though. There are several restrictions though.

It has to be obscure, I don't want him to know it beforehand.
    I don't want it to mention the female gender if I can help it, considering I'm the effeminate one.
    I don't want it to sound gurgle-y or have to switch into my falsetto, so to be safe my prefered range is low C to the "alto's" G-I'm a high tenor.
    I can't play any instruments other than the lyrics, so it would be great if it sounded good a capella.
    It can't say anything about life long commitment. I'm a sophomore in high school and marriage is the last thing on my mind. But if he were to ask me five-ten years from now and I feel the same, I'd say yes.

I've thought about writing him one, but I can't think of anything good, and it has to go well. That's why I'm trying to play it safe with my range. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance!

Edit: actually, let's take the top of my preferred range down a whole step to an F
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-01-26 at 06:42 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Okay so I would like to tell my boyfriend(well not really my boyfriend, but we do have a mutual understanding that we have very strong feelings for each other ie, we're waiting for parent approval) that I'm in love with him. And I'd like to do it in song. I need help finding the right one though. There are several restrictions though.

I don't want it to mention the female gender if I can help it, considering I'm the effeminate one.
    I don't want it to sound gurgle-y or have to switch into my falsetto, so to be safe my prefered range is low C to the "alto's" G-I'm a high tenor.
    I can't play any instruments other than the lyrics, so it would be great if it sounded good a capella.
    It can't say anything about life long commitment. I'm a sophomore in high school and marriage is the last thing on my mind. But if he were to ask me five-ten years from now and I feel the same, I'd say yes.

I've thought about writing him one, but I can't think of anything good, and it has to go well. That's why I'm trying to play it safe with my range. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance!
    This is so adorable! I wish I had a song for you, but I'm bad at this sort of thing. Good luck to you and your boyfriend, hon. :)

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Firbolg in the Playground

I apologize, but my first thought was, "Ah, hipster love."
    Anyway. I can't think of anything offhand. I'm sorry. I listen to a lot of music and plenty of it includes love songs, but I'm not really able to pick songs out from memory like that.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay so I would like to tell my boyfriend(well not really my boyfriend, but we do have a mutual understanding that we have very strong feelings for each other ie, we're waiting for parent approval)
    Now that's not something I would've expected to hear before I was old and gray. More power to you, though it does seem like the kind of thing that'd be a foregone conclusion, still.

that I'm in love with him. And I'd like to do it in song. I need help finding the right one though. There are several restrictions though.
    Spoiler
    Show

It can't say anything about life long commitment. I'm a sophomore in high school and marriage is the last thing on my mind. But if he were to ask me five-ten years from now and I feel the same, I'd say yes
    What music does he listen to? Jim Croce obscure to him or part of the classics? Because that's kind of the obvious choice. If you weren't averse to commitmenty things, I'd say time in a bottle, but that's even less likely to be considered obscure...

edit: Barry White should be serviceable if a bit more.... sensual, and most of it is readily convertible.

Night and Day is a classic, and you can pretty much pick your version.

Then again, there's a certain charm to the passe.

If you wanna be slightly more cheeky, I favor Almost like being in Love. Even featured in Brigadoon, though, who knows how that changes your estimation of it or not. Can't find a decent link for that though, so here's something else.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-01-26 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Al'izh'dheg View Post
    This is so adorable! I wish I had a song for you, but I'm bad at this sort of thing. Good luck to you and your boyfriend, hon. :)
    Thanks, and it's okay. I'm sure you have great talent in other things.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I apologize, but my first thought was, "Ah, hipster love."
    Anyway. I can't think of anything offhand. I'm sorry. I listen to a lot of music and plenty of it includes love songs, but I'm not really able to pick songs out from memory like that.
    That's actually hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Now that's not something I would've expected to hear before I was old and gray. More power to you, though it does seem like the kind of thing that'd be a foregone conclusion, still.

What music does he listen to? Jim Croce obscure to him or part of the classics? Because that's kind of the obvious choice. If you weren't averse to commitmenty things, I'd say time in a bottle, but that's even less likely to be considered obscure...
    I know, right. It was actually his idea to wait for their blessing. And I came out to my parents because he insisted. He didn't want me living a lie to my parents.

And I'm not adverse to commitment, I just don't want to lead him on, I mean feelings change over time. And I want to use what little realism I embrace before I lose my ability to use it.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Edit: actually, let's take the top of my preferred range down a whole step to an F
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa8U0Wa0q8

P.S. Your signature is way too big.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Jim Croce or elton john, hmm... hard choice.

but if i still feel the way i do at the end of senior year i'll be singing this to him. and his name is even sam(course samuel, not samantha ) granted i'm not quite that bright and my vibrato is not nearly as wild.

Edit: does the spoiler help my signature length?
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-01-26 at 08:31 PM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Jim Croce or elton john, hmm... hard choice.
    I actually prefer this cover, surprisingly. I've never once heard an Elton John cover that even came close to the original until that one. But I chose the classic because it was a male voice, like yourself, from an artist who has come out, also much like yourself, written for someone who was likely also a male (even if only secretly), which has some more similarity to your situation.

but if i still feel the way i do at the end of senior year i'll be singing this to him. and his name is even sam(course samuel, not samantha ) granted i'm not quite that bright and my vibrato is not nearly as wild.
    I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Edit: does the spoiler help my signature length?
    Ayup.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I actually prefer this cover, surprisingly. I've never once heard an Elton John cover that even came close to the original until that one. But I chose the classic because it was a male voice, like yourself, from an artist who has come out, also much like yourself, written for someone who was likely also a male (even if only secretly), which has some more similarity to your situation.
    this is true, and i thank you for the effort, I'll most likely end up using this. I'm still scanning my whole music repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.
    stylistic decisions, i tend to only vibrato a bit. i don't like it when it actually changes the pitch, at least when I'm performing. it did fit his character, I'll give him that much. but we both know that song nearly by heart.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

How about "Human Touch" by warren weibe? I think that voice range could pull it off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    How about "Human Touch" by warren weibe? I think that voice range could pull it off.
    that was beautiful. And totally in my voice range. This is why tenors make more money than basses. But unfortunately, I have no saxophone friend. And lacking accompaniment would not do this work of art justice.

Which is why I have this in the works:

Spoiler
    Show
    Know that I'll always be there for you
    I'll do whatever I can do
    There's one thing I say that will always be true
    It's that I love you
    I love you

I daydream of nights in your arms
    Just the two of us away from all harm
    And realisation makes it all clear
    As you wipe away all of my fear

Don't try not to let me through
    I'm not perfect but know that I'm true
    And your favorite color is blue
    Well, I needed a rhyme for I love you

Speaking of blue when I look in your eyes
    What I see is quite hard to surmise
    I'm sorry that I've taken some tries
    But there's nothing that I can despise about you

Granted it's not finished (or good) and has a melody IRL
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

that was beautiful. And totally in my voice range. This is why tenors make more money than basses. But unfortunately, I have no saxophone friend. And lacking accompaniment would not do this work of art justice.
    Fair enough. I do love that song, and it seemed appropriate, so I had to suggest it.

Which is why I have this in the works:

Spoiler
    Show
    Know that I'll always be there for you
    I'll do whatever I can do
    There's one thing I say that will always be true
    It's that I love you
    I love you

I daydream of nights in your arms
    Just the two of us away from all harm
    And realisation makes it all clear
    As you wipe away all of my fear

Don't try not to let me through
    I'm not perfect but know that I'm true
    And your favorite color is blue
    Well, I needed a rhyme for I love you

Speaking of blue when I look in your eyes
    What I see is quite hard to surmise
    I'm sorry that I've taken some tries
    But there's nothing that I can despise about you

Granted it's not finished (or good) and has a melody IRL
    That was so sweet. Good luck.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-01-27 at 02:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

I realized today that I am totally the traditional "woman" role in my relationship.

I cook for her, she lives on takeout and ramen. I watch the romantic movies and my little pony, she always wants to see the action movies. I'm the one with the vibrator.

So yeah. It's fun. Screw gender roles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing wrong with that.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Meh, modern my little pony is more popular with adult men than it is with adult women anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

This one?

TBH, I have no idea whether it's in your range because I suck at that kind of thing. But I like the song. It mentions 'girl', but that's easy to to switch to 'boy'.

Idea Time
    Before I talked to transpeople I never realised how difficult and dangerous a simple thing like going out for a night on town could be. It was really a revelation for me, and I want more people to have that revelation. So I thought I could capitalize on my knowledge as RPG DM - why not construct a simple scenario (very rules-light) to show us cissexuals the dangers that we never experience? Conscious-raising, that sort of thing.

I was thinking something like the old Fighting Fantasy books - if you want to do 'x' go to paragraph 'y', etc. And then take the result, make a pdf and have people distribute it at Pride-festivals and other similar occasions.

But obviously I need help, because I don't know crap about being a transperson. I've got some ideas for encounters - drunken miscreants, choosing restrooms, transphobic policemen, belligerent bouncers... but I don't know if they are appropriate, I don't know if there should be more and I don't know how to write them because I have no experience of transphobia. So I was thinking we could set up a dropbox or something like that and get to work.

Reactions?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-01-27 at 07:19 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ supernerd: Lulu may not be among your favourites, but I love the gender-flip in this cover of the classic Beatles song: I saw him standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I realized today that I am totally the traditional "woman" role in my relationship.

I cook for her, she lives on takeout and ramen. I watch the romantic movies and my little pony, she always wants to see the action movies. I'm the one with the vibrator.

So yeah. It's fun. Screw gender roles.
    You got the touch!

I had it on the tube right now, thought it was fitting.
    Last edited by H Birchgrove; 2012-01-27 at 08:49 AM.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    This one?

TBH, I have no idea whether it's in your range because I suck at that kind of thing. But I like the song. It mentions 'girl', but that's easy to to switch to 'boy'.

Idea Time
    Before I talked to transpeople I never realised how difficult and dangerous a simple thing like going out for a night on town could be. It was really a revelation for me, and I want more people to have that revelation. So I thought I could capitalize on my knowledge as RPG DM - why not construct a simple scenario (very rules-light) to show us cissexuals the dangers that we never experience? Conscious-raising, that sort of thing.

I was thinking something like the old Fighting Fantasy books - if you want to do 'x' go to paragraph 'y', etc. And then take the result, make a pdf and have people distribute it at Pride-festivals and other similar occasions.

But obviously I need help, because I don't know crap about being a transperson. I've got some ideas for encounters - drunken miscreants, choosing restrooms, transphobic policemen, belligerent bouncers... but I don't know if they are appropriate, I don't know if there should be more and I don't know how to write them because I have no experience of transphobia. So I was thinking we could set up a dropbox or something like that and get to work.

Reactions?
    Well, I may be able to help. I don't have firsthand experience in matterspace, but I have done my research. I also have a fried who might be able to help, and can speak from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Well, I may be able to help. I don't have firsthand experience in matterspace, but I have done my research. I also have a fried who might be able to help, and can speak from experience.
    Same for me.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Something like this. Although obviously not 100 pages long... we'd need separate adventures for transwomen and transmen I suppose, but I don't know if we have anyone transmen around who can help (research: I discovered that transwomen are 6-7 times more common than transmen).

Three or four encounters - more than that and it becomes impossible to keep to a small booklet. Suggestion for any other specs would be welcome.

I suggest "First Night Out" as a working title, and yes, that is a bad pun.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Those numbers seem very unreliable. I've never heard of a discrepancy bigger then about 2.5, and even then less strict gender presentation requirements on assigned female at birth people and just less attention paid to trans men (+ generally better effects from HRT.) probably cause this.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Wikipedia - how could you lie to me???

Ah, well. I don't know if we have any transmen on the forums though. We may have to search farther afield.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

Something like this. Although obviously not 100 pages long... we'd need separate adventures for transwomen and transmen I suppose, but I don't know if we have anyone transmen around who can help (research: I discovered that transwomen are 6-7 times more common than transmen).

Three or four encounters - more than that and it becomes impossible to keep to a small booklet. Suggestion for any other specs would be welcome.

I suggest "First Night Out" as a working title, and yes, that is a bad pun.
    Ooh, Fighting Fantasy! I love those books! :3

I can't help with information about how it is to live with transphobia, but I will gladly do whatever I can for the structure, dice and prose. This sounds like a brilliant idea!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #1435

I try to be a good ally, and to be a "proud" bi-sexual, queer guy, but the more I read about the "white, cis male privilege" in various blogs, the more it sounds like "all straight men are perverts/rapists", and similar to "all Germans are Nazis".

The more one buys into the idea of collectives (collective guilt etc) and dividing peoples into groups, the more you de facto support the conspirators' idea of "manifest destiny" for their respective groups.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

My tumblr

My DeviantART

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen

I always read it as "Ethnically European cismales have a privilege, which sadly is overlooked in judgement too often" rather than "Whitey cismales have a privilege which makes them ".

Kind of like the privileges of stable food supply and being middle class. I have both, but that is not a problem. What would cause a problem would be if I used that basis to assume that poor people are whiny and should shut up about starvation and homelessness. ._.

Which some people sadly do. Tend to be the same who can't look beyond their privileges when it comes to ethnicity, gender and sexuality.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Wikipedia - how could you lie to me???

Ah, well. I don't know if we have any transmen on the forums though. We may have to search farther afield.
    It also seems something that's incredibly hard to map out.

Hmm, there's Danne, but I don't think he still posts on the forums.

Edit: Regarding privilege; having privilege does not make you in anyway a bad person; it's how you deal with it that matters.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-01-27 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

We could always PM him and see what happens. After all, what's the worst case scenario?

That he turns out to be a criminal mastermind fielding an army of robotic penguins and determined to turn the world into a frozen, hellish landscape? And that he sends his black-and-white minions after me?

I can live with that.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

We could always PM him and see what happens. After all, what's the worst case scenario?

That he turns out to be a criminal mastermind fielding an army of robotic penguins and determined to turn the world into a frozen, hellish landscape? And that he sends his black-and-white minions after me?

I can live with that.
    WHAT?! Someone else might have my plan?

I had not remembered Danne as being a transman. Huh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1440

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I always read it as "Ethnically European cismales have a privilege, which sadly is overlooked in judgement too often" rather than "Whitey cismales have a privilege which makes them ".

Kind of like the privileges of stable food supply and being middle class. I have both, but that is not a problem. What would cause a problem would be if I used that basis to assume that poor people are whiny and should shut up about starvation and homelessness. ._.

Which some people sadly do. Tend to be the same who can't look beyond their privileges when it comes to ethnicity, gender and sexuality.
    Well, in my opinion, having a stable food supply is a right (morally), or should be a right (legally).

But yeah, you're right. However, this does not entitle members of minority groups to accuse me (or hypothetical innocent blond cis male Europeans) of being their oppressors. Because I'm not. ("They" are not). So please stop scaring away potential supporters/allies who mean well, trans feminist and/or ethnic minority bloggers, and attack your real enemies instead.

What "white" privilege can I have, when the grocery store cashier thinks I'm a foreigner, talks to me in English, and I'm too tired to gently correct her, or yell at her that I was born here in Sweden, and that I'm not darker than Lasse Åberg (at least when he was younger)? I frakken spoke to her in Swedish!

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

My tumblr

My DeviantART