New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Reinholdt's Repository

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Sorry Zefir; I thought it had been handed over. My mistake.))

"Maybe it's in the book. Could I have it back now, please?" As far as Nephrim's concerned, Zefir's free to look through it so long as he can't actually read it. Nephrim's quite controlling like that.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Sorry if I skip you shadow, but I think it's needed that I answer that.))

Zefir will in this case have a look over it first. If he doesn't find a picture or a rune(whatever they use to write) he will just place it in his bag again. Telling Nephrim that there is nothing. Should the mark be in the book he will show it to Nephrim asking what it means.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #393

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Zefir will in fact find a picture of the mark, it's clear enough it's supposed to mark some kind of secret. Of course, since he can't read even this debased form of elvish, it can be hard to tell.

Nephrim on the other hand can read it was used to mark stashes of food and other useful things that the ancient gnoll tribes hid supplies when they moved from place to place.

These caches were usually buried beneath the ground or covered up by leaves or rocks.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    "It means 'secret'. It marks a secret cache. Look around for loose stones or false panels. It probably won't be very big, which would be why we didn't find it when we looked for a way out." Nephrim will crouch down and start probing at the floor, either jabbing around the edges of paving slabs or digging into a dirt floor, depending on what it's made of. In a solid stone floor, she'll look for cracks or loose bits, and with a wooden one Nephrim will look for loose floorboards.

5. - Top - End - #395

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Zefir will packing the book back (assuming she didn't took it out of his hands, if so he don't do it^^). He then examines the mark looking if the claws point somewhere and then he starts searching there for loose stones.

6. - Top - End - #396

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    As they both start to look over the wall, they might happen to knock on it. From the sound of it, there is a empty space behind it, yet there are no loose stone or any simple way to open it up.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Nephrim knocks it accidentally as she digs. "I think the wall's hollow. Could you blow a hole in it that doesn't risk crushing us under tonnes of rubble?" Not that it would kill Nephrim, but it would seriously inconvenience her.

8. - Top - End - #398

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Zefir looks at her, obviously annoyed, maybe insulted by her thougts he is just a normal bomber.

"Your kidding me?"

He will then go over to the wall and knock up there the hollow is, how big it should be and how thick the wall should be. Then he will create small holes allowing him to place a small explosive in the mid of the wall (in thickness). He will place the explosives near the edge where the hollow whould end end then connects them. This all will take a few minutes, whixh allows Nephrim to do whatecer she wants to do int his room. As he is ready he steps back and lit the string causing the explosives to detonate at the same moment. Zefir would after all pick explosives that will just blew up a part of the wall and not the whole structure. After all the structure may be damaged where he can't see it so it's still up to SC if all works just fine.

9. - Top - End - #399

Greg's Group

The a ear-shattering sound the wall give in to the explosion, releasing a cloud of as the bricks fall before you revealing a small room with a single chest standing against the wall. The walls of the rooms are decorated with cared images of strange creatures killing gnolls in hordes and appears to depict the final days of the gnoll empire.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Nephrim hasn't spent a lot of time with Zefir; all she knows about him is that he's a male human that plays with bombs. Some people who play with bombs accidentally turn themselves into red rain.

Nephrim looks at the chest then looks around for a long pole. She used to have a halberd that magically changed size and folded into a foot-long rod, but a powerful explosion of anti-magic completely destroyed it. Anyway, if one is available, she'll use it to try and open the chest- hopefully if it's trapped the pole will be long enough that she'll be unharmed.

11. - Top - End - #401

Greg's Group
    Spoiler
    Show

Zefir doesn't 'play' with bombs so no worry about getting hurt or so.

After all he will wait for Nephrim's action since her idea is still good. Something that well hide could still have traps.

12. - Top - End - #402

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    There aren't any poles of any kind nearby, the previous room just contained books after all. This particular chest is huge, far too large for a gnoll to handle, and made of sturdy-looking ebony colored black wood. It looks to be in a remarkably good condition compared to it's surroundings which have been eaten away by time. A thick layer of dust covers it just as every other surface of the room which seems to have been completely untouched for ages.

Zefir's light reveal something else as they stand there just looking at the chest which they might not have noticed before. In the shadow of the large chest is a the skeletal remains of a gnoll. It's skin is completely dried up making it look like it have been dead for hundreds of years.
    It appears to died right in the middle of a scream, it's mouth wide open, leaning against the chest in the moment of death. It isn't clear how it died however as the body is nearly perfectly preserved.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-06 at 06:49 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    "Zefir, if a trap destroys this form, take my bag and give it to Dam'Bul. He's the man in the suit with very black hair and red eyes under sunglasses. Don't take anything out." Nephrim uses a more subtle form of her mind control to make Zefir receptive- rather than power, she tries to sneak it under his defences. It might not work, but even so it's harder to detect.

14. - Top - End - #404

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    That way It could work, but sadly Zefir suffers under the Objects for a long time now and both have taken place in his mind. As she starts speaking his hand drives over the flame he uses as a light, grapping it like it was a solid object. When his hand arrives between her and him the flame appeares to be a knife. As far as Nerephim might tell Zefir looks wild. His whole body language seems took an aggressive stance and it seems like he can barley hold himself.

"Stop that right there."
    he shouts at her just before she ends.
    "Keep your mind control for your kind, but stop using it against me."

15. - Top - End - #405

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless any of them do anything the chest will just haunt them with it's presence, touching the chest won't activate any form of trap however.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Greg's Group

Spoiler
    Show
    "Stop getting so worked up about my ensuring you do as I ask. Just listen to my words BEFORE you disagree- I have been using my abilities for forty centuries to prevent betrayal. It's not only become habit, it's second nature to me now. Ugh, I hope I never have to work with your whining inconsequential mortal form again." Nephrim's not too angry- she's just really not used to somebody acting so hostilely to her attempts at manipulation and feels threatened, so she's trying to ensure her superiority through boasts, complaints and machismo. The fact she's in the form of a ten-year-old girl might make the whole ensemble rather ineffective. Usually it either works or doesn't get noticed or she's ordered to stop. Zefir keeps asking her to stop, and one only 'asks' a superior or equal, and as far as Nephrim's concerned she has no equals- everyone's either an underling to be used or a superior to be obeyed and plotted against.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

((Thread is being used with permission. Thanks Reinholdt!))

The small caravan makes its way out of the city, through deep forest, and up a high moutain road. The journey, though long, is uneventful. The drow accompanying the group mostly keep to themselves, often dissappearing to scout the area around wherever they make camp, particularly at night.

The wagons finally come to a stop on a high, barren cliff. Here, a narrow stone bridge is flanked by two weather worn statues that may have once been elves. On the other side of the gorge, across the bridge, was a temple, carved into the sheer rock of the opposite mountainside.

"We can go no further. From here, you are all on your own." The lead drow explains.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

((Anytime.))

The Admiral hops out and takes a look around. Looks at the statues, looks down the cliffside.

"Man, it's so tempting to push one of those things over the edge..."

Instead, he just puts away his harmonica and waves goodbye to the drow caravan people. "See you soon I 'pose."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #409

Gawlen gets off the cart and start to look around. Not particularly lost. Not particularly found. Just existing.
    It's BACK!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ashley clambers out of the cart, and her vision is drawn towards the temple. She takes her cloak off, folding it and stuffing it in her bag. "Well, shall we get right to it?"

21. - Top - End - #411

The Wanderer likewise hops out, regarding the stone critically. This place will make it simple enough to take advantage of his skill. Taking one's element from one's surroundings always allow for more spectacular effects than conjuring it.

As he walks toward the bridge he draws his crystalline saber, the weapon casting scattered rainbows on the ground at his feet.

With each step grains of sand gently lift from the earth and begin to lazily drift about his legs.

"Old and sacred," he comments as he reaches out to touch one of the statues. "But forgotten and disused. One wonders why..."

That would be useful information!

Wonder if the drow will feel inclined to share? Probably not.

He'll then begin to cross the bridge without even checking for traps or anything!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

22. - Top - End - #412

WolfInSheepsClothing

The woman leaps from the cart and takes in the surroundings carefully. She checks to be sure the whip on her waist is secure before approaching the bridge.

Does this place have a name by any chance? Because I have an uncomfortable feeling about this.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

"All things are lost to time. But the Drow remember." Their guide intones.

((And it's late here for me. I'll pick this up tomorrow.))
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

"HAH! I wish." The Admiral says to the guide.

He takes a few last puffs before he flicks his cigar off the side of the cliff. Lighting up another one, he falls in step after the Wanderer and goes to follow him across the bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #415

((same here. Night))
    It's BACK!

26. - Top - End - #416

WolfInSheepsClothing

Joan falls in behind the Admiral. She looks over the edge of the bridge as they cross, estimating the drop as best she can.

I was a bit distracted back at the bar. What are we going in for again?

She addresses it to anyone willing to answer.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

27. - Top - End - #417

[Artifact Hunt]

The little green stuff animal with an iron helm and a golden armor where wings pop out flies on head height near the other adventures.

"I hope they also forgot to make there traps work for centuries."

The little stuff animal answers Joan.

"Think we are behind an artifact and as always we will know what it is when we see it."

[Greg's group]

Spoiler
    Show

"We're not your puppets you can control as you wish. You either start working with us or I start to work against you."

After his first sentence Zefir has shaken his head a bit mainly wondering why he speaks from himself in the plural, maybe he means AMEN itself? After all he doesn't seem to stab her right now and her 'Zefir isn't even equal' don't seem to get it like she wanted.
    At all his other hand is open to grab the bag .
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-05-09 at 01:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418

[Greg's group]

Spoiler
    Show
    The chest continues to... be there. Waiting for them to leave or open it. It might be noted that there is a key-hole in it so they might need a key. Or just pick the look. Or blow it up.

I'm sure they can find a creative way to by-pass it if they weren't so busy arguing at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #419

[Artifact Hunt]

"A treasure room," the Wanderer replies to the woman's question tersely. "Beyond this we do not know."

Huh.

Well.

That seems pretty vauge.

Anywho!

The nomad will stop at the doors and attempt to push them open!

Wait... are there doors? Sometimes temples carved into cliffs don't have any doors. If there are no doors he'll totally just walk inside.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #420

[Artifact Hunt]

Ashley brings up the rear in crossing the bridge. "We weren't told much beyond 'help find this thing and get a reward,'" she quips.