New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 21: Time To Go Bar-Hopping

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    So I told him and...no. He doesn't feel that way about me. I've been friendzoned.

It's okay though. Well, of course I'm heartbroken but things will be okay. We're still best friends, we talked it out and we're going to destress over hot chocolate. So I'll be fine.
    Damn, that's rough. But at the very least, staying friends is good when it works out, right? Sometimes doesn't, but it's better to have that than to lose any friendship whatsoever over it.

Then again, I wouldn't altogether know myself, since I've literally never met a girl I'd take an interest in, and therefore never been in a relationship. Which still strikes me as kinda weird. Maybe because I'm way too specific when it comes to girls I'd take an interest in. That aside.

Yeah, I'm just posting here...well, one, to comment on CoffeeIncluded's situation. Also because I've been lurking around here for a while and figured it was about time I actually posted something.

Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

2. - Top - End - #242

So I told him and...no. He doesn't feel that way about me. I've been friendzoned.

It's okay though. Well, of course I'm heartbroken but things will be okay. We're still best friends, we talked it out and we're going to destress over hot chocolate. So I'll be fine.
    Because I made the stink about working up the nerve, I'll be the cheerful fairy to point out how this is still a better outcome than waiting in the wings forever:
    • He still sounds like an awesome friend for holding your hand through all this. Breathe deep, take some time insisting that all men are poopyheads if you need it to let off some steam, but keep in mind that you didn't lose an awesome friendship. On that front, you're no worse off than you were longing after him from afar.
    • You said "hey, I like you". The sky did not fall, you were not banished to the island of the hideous and unloveable, and the worst that happened was nothing happening. Too many people are chicken about making the first move. When you remember how catastrophic this wasn't, you'll be more able to make the first move on the next guy you crush on, without building it up as much. Being able to say "hey, wanna go out" earlier on means you can get a yea/nea sooner, spending less time in limbo before you find a guy who thinks you're as amazing as you think he is.
    • You know. As much as it might sting, you can stop waiting around for things to transmogrify. You can stop ignoring every other potential date because you have blinders for the one dude. Given how long you were agonizing over him for, not having that over your head should be a relative relief.

So net win Team Coffee. Be all broody and bitter for a bit if it helps you process, then you can keep your eyes open for fresh new options.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Awww, sorry to hear that Coffee :-(.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

So... I realize how creepy this is. Due to roommates/housemates, private time with my GF is hard to come by. Anyone have recommendations for where we could get some private time without spending 50 bucks for the opportunity?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    So... I realize how creepy this is. Due to roommates/housemates, private time with my GF is hard to come by. Anyone have recommendations for where we could get some private time without spending 50 bucks for the opportunity?
    Start making out on the couch/floor/kitchen table. Continue until everyone leaves in disgust.

That's how my parents got me out the house.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Start making out on the couch/floor/kitchen table. Continue until everyone leaves in disgust.

That's how my parents got me out the house.
    @_@ golentan disapproves of your strategy.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Does the door lock?

Do you have a spare sock? That is colorful and noticeable?

Tie?

Hang one or both of those from the relevant doors. Take a cue from Avenue Q, and the rest should sort itself out.

I suppose you could also ascertain whether your roomie will need anything pressing from your bedroom during the period of time your SO will be over. And advise your housemates to not be doing anything that requires quiet or intense concentration during those hours as you will be entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, to clarify: My house mates are family members, who neither of us feel comfortable knowing we are having sex. She lives in the living room of a three room apartment, so privacy is not an option there at all.

Homes are pretty much out.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Car?

Movie theater for a show/time you know nobody else will go to?

An office/classroom during times when you expect them to be abandoned?

Discovering a mutual love for very loud bands?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

That's sucky. :C

But this...

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    Because I made the stink about working up the nerve, I'll be the cheerful fairy to point out how this is still a better outcome than waiting in the wings forever:

<etc.>
    ...is really good advice. Heed it.

You didn't lose a friendship that seems to really mean a lot to you, and you faced your fears and took a scary step. Regardless of outcome, that's a really important lesson to have learned.

We're all proud of you
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

*hugs* Sorry it didnt work out Coffee.

*hugs again*

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Message sent to girl on OKCupid. This is the first time I've actually sent the first message, so this was biggish for me.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well done Coffee! Shame it didn't work out, but on the other hand basically everything Reluctance said is true.
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    *hugs* Sorry it didnt work out Coffee.

*hugs again*
    This and this and this.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Awww, I'm sorry. *hugs*

But on the plus side, it didn't ruin your friendship.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, good female friend is not interested.

Flirted with a girl I know, fun and all, she flirts back. And then I find out that she has a boyfriend.

Demotivated. Still had a good night, just demotivated in the romance area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #258
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *snip*
    ... Huh. Interesting graph.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #259

NecromancerGuy

Nah, Friend zone is below that and in people who think they're friends and soulmates but aren't actually.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kudos at Coffee, Dallas and Sholos for having the guts to make a move/tell their romantic interest about their feelings. That in itself at least is something which warrants a pat on the back I think.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    • He still sounds like an awesome friend for holding your hand through all this. Breathe deep, take some time insisting that all men are poopyheads if you need it to let off some steam, but keep in mind that you didn't lose an awesome friendship. On that front, you're no worse off than you were longing after him from afar.
    • You said "hey, I like you". The sky did not fall, you were not banished to the island of the hideous and unloveable, and the worst that happened was nothing happening. Too many people are chicken about making the first move. When you remember how catastrophic this wasn't, you'll be more able to make the first move on the next guy you crush on, without building it up as much. Being able to say "hey, wanna go out" earlier on means you can get a yea/nea sooner, spending less time in limbo before you find a guy who thinks you're as amazing as you think he is.
    • You know. As much as it might sting, you can stop waiting around for things to transmogrify. You can stop ignoring every other potential date because you have blinders for the one dude. Given how long you were agonizing over him for, not having that over your head should be a relative relief.

So net win Team Coffee. Be all broody and bitter for a bit if it helps you process, then you can keep your eyes open for fresh new options.
    So very this. This is prettymuch why I don't let those things linger for too long. It's a way of keeping both the great relationships you currently have and get the ones you want to have (by not waiting for the ones you currently have to develop into them).

It also once again just goes to show that courage is overcoming your fears, and when it comes to other people, fear can be very powerful. So kudos to those who overcome it.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    Kudos at Coffee, Dallas and Sholos for having the guts to make a move/tell their romantic interest about their feelings. That in itself at least is something which warrants a pat on the back I think.
    Well, it was more like attempting first contact. I did have that one girl that said if she wasn't doing something with a friend, she'd be interested in something casual with me, though.

No word back from this last message. Don't really know how long a wait is normal, though.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

23. - Top - End - #263

I prefer mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Nah, Friend zone is below that and in people who think they're friends and soulmates but aren't actually.
    Also that.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

I think you either got the wrong url or the wrong tag Serpentine. Perhaps you meant to do this, or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this, the Giant kills a kitten. Please stop before he gets to Mr. Scruffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Recent studies have suggested that reading daily mail reduces the sodium content in your blood. As such, many leading doctors suggest taking it with a grain of salt.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

But that's specifically about female psychology. Coffee's friend is male.

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #266

Blargh. Yeah, I did >.<

Asta: True. But usually it's guys talking about girls.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I find it difficult to envisage a long-term relationship where the people involved aren't friends. At the very least it would be a very stormy relationship.

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #268

For her second wedding mum got a plaque thing as a gift that says "Happiness is being married to your best friend", or something like that.

29. - Top - End - #269

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Objection View Post
    I think you either got the wrong url or the wrong tag Serpentine. Perhaps you meant to do this, or this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I'd strike the "really good friend" and replace it with "friend who got downgraded to acquaintance because he won't take no for an answer," and move it squarely into jerk, maybe with a smidgen of overlap otherwise.

Though there's also got to be a circle somewhere marked "Guy who could've been a friend but won't take a hint or no but is too pathetic to trigger sexual assault defenses, so I'll bleed him dry of money until he finally wises up, because that's ethical, right?"

Boy is that creepy when one runs into that though.

But that's specifically about female psychology. Coffee's friend is male.
    Yes, but then we have to deal with the question of his sexual orientation or lack of sexuality. Which wouldn't really be appropriate at this point in time or sensitive to Coffee's state of mind in the slightest.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

So, Serpentine, how have things been going since those back to back nights of drunken sexual assault? Has he managed to stay away from you? Did he approach you during the day and apologize?