New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    I will follow you, dragon-man.
    "Yea, but can you catch me?"
    He then teleported.

Zarakkan teleported in on the lowest floor in front of the door to Ursula's lab. He knocked.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Yea, but can you catch me?"
    He then teleported.

Zarakkan teleported in on the lowest floor in front of the door to Ursula's lab. He knocked.
    Unfortunately for him:
    A) The floor of Ursula's Lab is inaccessible to anyone who doesn't have Ursula's special key card
    B) Ursula is not down there.

I do believe you meant Ursula's OFFICE on the UPPERMOST floor.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Which Alabaster teleports to.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Floor the sixth

"Why, yes we are," Elio says, pulling his apprentice close.

"We're looking for whoever's in charge of this department." the apprentice chimes in, just a little annoyed his master has yet to release his headlock.

"But where are our manners, I am Elio Fabrizio. This is my apprentice. Feel free to use him in whatever little experiment you like, just explain it to him slowly."

The apprentice gives a little look of disdain at that remark. "There you go calling me slow again. My name is Romeo." he tells Natalia.
    Pleased to meet you. For the head of the building, see Ursula, top floor. For the department, I've become the de facto leader here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Unfortunately for him:
    A) The floor of Ursula's Lab is inaccessible to anyone who doesn't have Ursula's special key card
    B) Ursula is not down there.

I do believe you meant Ursula's OFFICE on the UPPERMOST floor.
    Yes.

"Hello, I just tele-bounced up here! It was fun, like being a basketball. I never tele-bounced before. Anyways.."
    He held out his hand to be shaken.
    "M'names Zarakkan, I would like to apply to be your new Head of Divination. and I can already divine that you will be miffed that I got here by metaphysically tele-bouncing off your lowermost floor because no one but you can get in there. Unless I'm wrong, there is always a chance of that. But then again you don't actually know whether I did that, I could've just teleported straight up here because I divined that you were here, and am just saying all this just to screw with your head."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Alabaster waves, Greetings Ursula, how do you like my new look?

7. - Top - End - #187

Sixth Floor

"You are? Perfect!" the old Mage releases his apprentice to shake her hand, quite vigorously if she accepts it. "What projects are currently being worked on? It would be a pleasure to take part!"

Romeo, meanwhile, is busy adjusting his collar, but smiles at his old master's almost childish enthusiam to learning or doing something new with magic. "Yeah. Master has more experience than you could imagine. And I... Well I make a good crash test dummy."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reception Area
    Then to Sarah.
    That would be correct.
    Well, there goes Sarah's hope for some kind of cue, or help with the process. And she's certainly not going to ask for something like that!

Thank you. Where do I... -Wait, there they are.

Still expertly ignoring everyone in the room other than the receptionist, Sarah picks up an application and immediately adds it to the pile of completed applications, having already been filled out through the use of magic.

Name: Sarah the Healer
    Title: Mage
    Department: ...I don't see my specialization on the list. Breakthrough, maybe?
    Magical Skills: I can repair virtually any degree of Physical Damage short of death, and I can brew rather potent healing potions.
    Magical Flaws: I never really cultivated my offensive magic, and am generally not well-versed outside of the Creation School.
    Extra: Nothing in particular. My healing services are available as long as I'm around, free of charge. I just need to be alerted.
    It was a minor debate in her mind, but she decided that it would be best not to mention her self-training in Blood Magic. She didn't know if the Dark Arts were acceptable here, and she decided that perhaps it would be best if she left that part of herself with MURDER.

9. - Top - End - #189

Sixth Floor

"You are? Perfect!" the old Mage releases his apprentice to shake her hand, quite vigorously if she accepts it. "What projects are currently being worked on? It would be a pleasure to take part!"
    I'm working on using enhanced catalysts to make more powerful spells.

Gotta deadtime for school.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

A gray-haired man wearing what appears to be a large suit of heavily ornate bronze armor tries to enter Arcanus. He appears to be unarmed and carries what appears to be a covered dish. If he isn't stopped, he'll head over to the reception desk. "Hello? I'd like to meet with who's in charge if all possible. I can wait as long as necessary."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Yes.

"Hello, I just tele-bounced up here! It was fun, like being a basketball. I never tele-bounced before. Anyways.."
    He held out his hand to be shaken.
    "M'names Zarakkan, I would like to apply to be your new Head of Divination. and I can already divine that you will be miffed that I got here by metaphysically tele-bouncing off your lowermost floor because no one but you can get in there. Unless I'm wrong, there is always a chance of that. But then again you don't actually know whether I did that, I could've just teleported straight up here because I divined that you were here, and am just saying all this just to screw with your head."
    I think the headmistress doesnt like head games.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-04 at 08:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Forgot to undeadtime.
    Well, here's Natalia.

13. - Top - End - #193

Sixth floor

"I see..." Elio says inquisitively. "Is the catalyst a spell itself or a physical component?"

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #194

Sixth floor

"I see..." Elio says inquisitively. "Is the catalyst a spell itself or a physical component?"
    It's a component that shapes the spell based on power.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2012-01-04 at 09:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Ursula's Office
    Unfortunately, Zarakkan will find himself talking to a door. You didn't think Ursula would let people interrupt her by teleporting directly into her office.

Reception Area
    Breakthroughs is on Floor 10.
    Jeanine tells Sarah.

She then turns to the armored newcomer.
    And why would you like to meet with her?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Ursula's Office
    Unfortunately, Zarakkan will find himself talking to a door. You didn't think Ursula would let people interrupt her by teleporting directly into her office.

Reception Area
    Breakthroughs is on Floor 10.
    Jeanine tells Sarah.

She then turns to the armored newcomer.
    And why would you like to meet with her?
    Alabaster knocks having done this before.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Reception

"On behalf of Remnant, I'd like to welcome your organization and to learn more about it." The man says tells her.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Replaced

"Yes." The middle one reaches into his pockets and withdraws a gold-colored D-cell battery, holding it up to the light. At first glance it's nothing more than an oddly colored battery, but, if you look at it with mage-sight.... Then it's downright scary.

The air around the battery is dark, dead, depleted of all other energy as though normal magic is repulsed by the Object's presence, a tiny point of silence within the Nexus's innate magical field. In contrast, the battery itself is a radiant point of light, so brilliant that the Object's shape is obscured, merely a tiny, radiant sun the burns with seemingly infinite energy to the eye of one attuned to magic. This is no conjurers toy, nay, not even an artifact. This is something old, unholy, and very, very dangerous.

"As a token of goodwill, our commander has agreed to loan you one of his artifacts to study, for as long as we are allowed to stay and study here, as well as a two month period beyond should we be forced to leave without notice." The shorter one adds, seemingly oblivious of what his brother holds.
    Repost for Lil' Shiro.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #199

Sixth Floor

"So the stronger the spell the stronger the shaping?" Elio asks.

"Like a two becomes a twenty, and a twenty becomes two hundred?" Romeo adds.

"Maybe it would be best if we were simply shown."

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #200

Sixth Floor

"So the stronger the spell the stronger the shaping?" Elio asks.

"Like a two becomes a twenty, and a twenty becomes two hundred?" Romeo adds.

"Maybe it would be best if we were simply shown."
    Very well. Follow me, please.
    *picks up some runes*
    In my right hand, an air rune. Here in my left, a mind rune. Before I begin, let me say that just because it uses the mind doesn't make it too powerful. Most people can't use all of their brain. Also, for anyone who actually can, the maximum mind rune strength is low.
    *smash/merge, mini-hurricane*
    So, anyone want to volunteer, or should I just cast this elsewhere?

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    Very well. Follow me, please.
    *picks up some runes*
    In my right hand, an air rune. Here in my left, a mind rune. Before I begin, let me say that just because it uses the mind doesn't make it too powerful. Most people can't use all of their brain. Also, for anyone who actually can, the maximum mind rune strength is low.
    *smash/merge, mini-hurricane*
    So, anyone want to volunteer, or should I just cast this elsewhere?
    "Aah, I see what you were getting at. Supplimenting a spell with a lesser one for additional effect. I'm no runic expert, but I can see applications with this sort of thing. As for a volunteer..." Elio takes a short hop of a teleport away from Romeo.

The apprentice gives an exasperated sigh. "You may fire when ready ma'am."

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #202

Natalia waves her arms and body around, then shoots a burst of air. Romeo should be unharmed, but a bit chilled and blasted back a few decimeters.

Air magic doesn't do too much damage, but if I used a higher-powered catalyst, his frontal bones would've shifted and cracked, and his skin torn a bit. Not to offend.

23. - Top - End - #203

Re: [Nexus] Arcanus: Expanding the bounds of magic since before you were born

Romeo's hair and robe are blasted back by the wind. "I'm not offended, that was actually pretty impressive for what should be a weak spell." He also seems oddly unaffected by the chill. He gives a low exhale and wisp of chilly air escapes.

"You seem to have it down pretty well. I suppose from here it's just trial and error for what works best?"

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #204

Romeo's hair and robe are blasted back by the wind. "I'm not offended, that was actually pretty impressive for what should be a weak spell." He also seems oddly unaffected by the chill. He gives a low exhale and wisp of chilly air escapes.

"You seem to have it down pretty well. I suppose from here it's just trial and error for what works best?"
    Basically, yeah. Oh, and for the power thing, a contained "bubble" of air shoots toward you, as well as stray elements of air caught in the way. The bubble explodes, and the momentum of the air brings it forward.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2012-01-04 at 11:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Ursula's Office
    Zarakkan knocks in a strange pattern.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    Basically, yeah. Oh, and for the power thing, a contained "bubble" of air shoots toward you, as well as stray elements of air caught in the way. The bubble explodes, and the momentum of the air brings it forward.
    "The mind rune forms the bubble, then?"

"I don't work with runes very often, if you showed me some I might be able to work a few concepts out."

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #207

Ok. Let's start you with the same spell I used. Your mind and air rune. Hit me with your best shot.

28. - Top - End - #208

Floor 6

"Alright," Elio shrugs, "But try not to be too unimpressed. Runes are far from my usual magic." Elio reaches into his sleeves and pulls out two runes. One of each. He imitates Natalia well enough, tales a deep breath, and releases his spell. Elio's skill in air magic greatly outshines any ability he has in mind magic or runes, so the "bubble" isnt nearly as clean and air flies about the room. The greater amount of it does blow into Natalia. It is quite a lot more air as well.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #209

As well as Romeo, Natalia has been blasted back a bit.
    That's the best I've ever seen an untrained wizard use. Though it looks like I'll have to clean this up.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Reception Area]

Wow! Jeanine is doing the absolute minimum to answer Sarah's questions! This is going to be a steep learning curve!

Sarah, a bit confused but determined to actually do something legal as a job, simply heads to Floor 10. Assuming there's some kind of directions, anyway. If there aren't, she'll blindly wander, hoping to see some kind of sign!

...And if it really comes to that, she'll just ask directions.