New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    65 episodes was a thing with Disney cartoons. I'd be very surprised if it applied to Pony. Particularly since the Disney thing was aimed at hitting the bare minimum number for syndication, which has since been reduced to 52. So if anything you'd be thinking about a 52 episode limit.
    It'll be at least 65 episode, since Hasbro already ordered half of Season 3 as well.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I want to know this as well.

Also, new episode.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it ranks just above average for me. The CMC parts really did drag it down some, though seeing Granny Smith being so spry brought a smile to my face. And her tale was the one that redeemed what I thought was merely a good episode. Who'd thought she was one of the original founder of Ponyville?

That being said, I think we can safely assume Equestrian ponies lifespan are not equivalent to their real-world counterparts. Instead, they seem to show slightly slower than human average ageing instead.

So. Are rainbows made from zap apples now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    On ages: It could be that earth ponies live a realy, realy long time. I would guess pegusi live the shortest, considering we have yet to see a oldish pegusi, even in Cloudsdale, while older earth ponies and unicorns can be found in abundance.

Wild thunderstorms make apples grow on earth pony lands. Unicorns extract the stuff from the apple to make the liquid rainbow colors. Pegusi mixes the stuff in the factories, because it will not do it correctly unless it is in a strict altitude limit.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Mid... thirties...

I... I don't know how to even respond to that, mate...
    Or possibly even older. I've got no idea why.

Anyway,

The Fall of Cloudsdale Review

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ditzy! DITZY! Flip the switch NOW! We need to leave the Time Vortex!"
    "It's stuck, Doctor!"
    The two ponies, a brown Earth-pony stallion and a gray wall-eyes Pegasus mare, were shaking violently as they held onto their positions. The room they were in was shaking violently, as the TARDIS flew uncontrollably through the Time Vortex.
    Sudenly, they felt themselves slow down and come to a gentle halt on the ground. A blue unicorn was leaning by the wall nearby, her horn glowing and her eyes obviously displaying annoyance.
    Okay, there's a lot wrong with this. There's virtually no description, of any kind, at all. You're making a million assumptions about what we know. And if you don't bother to describe a situation, then how can we care about the situation? If a problem is minor enough to be solved in the next paragraph, then we've been faked out; there is no reason to get emotionally invested in this opening.

As a result of this media-res-into-instant-fix opening, I feel vaguely hostile towards this story and resentful towards the characters.

"Doctor, Derpy, surely you can manage better than that without my help," Colgate said, sighing. "Derpy, you were trying to flip the lever up, when it was supposed to go a notch downward. Doctor, I expect better from you: you had your hoof on two buttons at the same time. I mean, really, I shouldn't have to come save your sorry plots when you're flying your own TARDIS."
    Again, no description. You assume we know everything about Colgate already; you're leaning on assumed knowledge and fanon. That's bad. Because if I've heard different fanon from you, then I'm lost and you haven't explained anything.

Also, the speech is way too specific and speech-y and mean. The character is better presented as a bored and frustrated one-upper by just walking up to the panels and making a fix by hoof rather than lecturing them about it. I don't like her already as a result.

"Well, I suppose we should see when we are, don't you think?" the Doctor said, getting back to his normal, upbeat, thrill-seeking self.
    Assumed knowledge! This is the first page of the story, you can't tell and not show like this!

"Yeah, I'm Goldrings. And this is just a cloud I'm building up to shower Sweet Apple Acres. You'll notice a lack of buildings until that... thing popped in. Where have you been the past two years?"
    This entire conversation is not how people talk. Magical blue teleport box appears and your reaction is WOAH WHAT THE HAY, and when your friend comes out you grab her and say WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WE'VE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU.

You don't stand at a 10ft distance and exchanged clipped dialogue and questions like a Bioware robot. That's not what people do.

"Derpy, you should probably know that while you've been traveling, Cloudsdale fell from the sky," Goldrings said, sitting down and glaring at the three travelers.
    "Oh, hi Rose. You should probably know that while you were gone London got eaten by a Magma Kraken. Jelly baby?"

This entire conversation feels surreal and incomprehensible. A magical teleporting box appeared and out comes a long-lost friend and two aliens, and you're currently living in a post-apocalyptic future where everything you know and love has been destroyed in a mysterious calamity, and they're discussing the minutae of harvesting vapourware.

"How could you have accidentally been travelling for two whole years?" Goldrings asked incredulously. "I mean, unless it's a flapping time machine, that seems a little ridiculous!"
    "It is!" the Doctor said excitedly.
    "What."
    I'm getting the feeling by this point that your history with writing comes from screenplays, television shows and movies. This means that you can visualise all the action really strongly in your head, and in your imagination the nuance of voice, posture and character is all as clear as day. But that's not how it works in writing. We do not know anything which is not in words; if we're operating off the same cultural context as you we might be able to make similar assumptions, but if we're not then you're speaking gibberish at us. And moreover, we don't read stories to exercise our own imaginations; we read them to enter the world you've made for us.

I, personally, don't know who Romana is; I'm vaguely aware she's another Time Lord from previous Dr Who seasons, but I've never seen her and as far as I'm aware Colgate is just being a jackass for some reason. If I had never seen David Tennant, I'd be having the same response to everything Whooves says. What's a TARDIS? What's a time machine? What's it feel like to stand on clouds, looking down at the wreckage of a shattered city? What do these ponies sound like? Who are they?

And this kind of thing,

"Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey," the Doctor said, for about the dozenth time.
    I know it's a joke because I've seen the episode, but you don't explain it at all here. And having seen the episode, I'm not amused by hearing the episode's line repeated back at me. I am nonplussed; there is no plussing occurring. And if I hadn't seen the episode, you've hit me with what's essentially an in joke - I don't know what the hay you're on about.

"Well, there was The Family. And I tend to run into Daleks a lot. Oh, and the Cyberponies. Remember them, Colgate?" the Doctor said.
    "Don't remind me. Horrible, horrible creatures. Almost as bad as the Daleks themselves," Colgate answered.
    "I pity them, really," the Doctor said. "You should, too. You met Gold Strike before he was converted."
    What the hay are you on about.

"Fixed point," the Doctor answered seriously. "Trust me, this is something that I cannot change."
    "But what about 'wibbly wobbly, timey wimey'?" Goldrings asked. "If time is always, as you say 'in flux', this can't have any major repercussions."
    "I can't tell you the details!" the Doctor yelled. "I won't go back, and I won't change it! Final answer!"
    What the hay are you on about. To someone who hasn't seen that exact episode, this is pure nonsense and the doctor being a jerkface. And moreover, in the episode where that principle was established, the doctor rejected it, tried to change it anyway, and failed, which lead to a crack in his air of invincibility and a deep wound in his character. If this is happening after that episode, and that pain is the reason why he's being a jerkface over this, then you're basically carrying a whole bunch of character development through from a time that's not explained and we don't know about.

Also, tell, tell, tell, tell. In Fringe, Walter Bishop would constantly build silly little models using sweets and toys to demonstrate the bulldust scientific concept he was about to apply, which gave us a visual way to understand the process rather than THIS IS THE SCIENCE RULES speeches. Show us things.

She and Goldrings went outside and took to the air. Goldrings chose to lead, and he knew exactly where to take his friend. They flew to the east of Ponyville, over the orchard of Sweet Apple Acres and across an empty field close to the Everfree Forest. Or rather, it would've been empty, had it not been for a few quickly-constructed buildings on the ground. Pegasi walked through the streets (if they could be called such) of the miniature town. Rainbow Dash, of all ponies, seemed to be in charge. She was directing a a few Royal Guards about the day's defenses against anything that may creep from the forest.
    "That's Cloudsdale?" Ditzy asked. Her voice conveyed hurt from the scene of her former home in such a sad state.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait.

Okay I'm not sure I can take this. A giant city built out of clouds has fallen from the sky and CRASHED DRAMATICALLY INTO THE GROUND. It was one of the greatest tragedies of living memories. Hundreds lost their homes, centuries of history have been lost, and the greatest city in Equestria met it's end.

You do not get to describe that scene with 'an empty field with a few buildings'. You do not. That is not allowed.

What about the ruins of the weather-factory, broken machinery churning out vast and terrible thunderstorms that blight the landscape, barely kept in check by teams of exhausted pegasai? What about where the rainbow stores burst, raining down prismatic hues over a huge stretch of land? What about the collapsed snowflake factory that brought down a blizzard in July, the weight of the snow causing the trees thick with leaves to snap like twigs under their own weight? This is a disaster, an unmitigated, inconceivable disaster where all the worst chaos of unregulated weather is on the loose.

You do not get to describe that scene in less than a paragraph. And a paragraph with "THINGS ARE FINE" as the basic message.

The very idea almost makes me too angry to continue reading.

"Tell me, Derpy," Goldrings said, halting in midair. "How could Cloudsdale falling, killing a dozen and wounding a hundred, possibly lead to something good?"
    "I... I don't know," Ditzy admitted.
    "Could stopping this event have a good outcome?" Goldrings continued.
    "Maybe..." Ditzy answered.
    "Ok, then. And are you aware that among the dead were three fillies and two colts?" Goldrings asked.
    Oh goodie, infanticide in a pony story, with no buildup or reason in the story beyond 'establish this was bad'.

I reckon I'm done here.

Look, this story is pretty bad by any of my standards. I did not enjoy reading it at any point. I would actively advise others not to read it.

But, here's the thing, I've written things just as bad in the past and I've grown from it. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your general understanding and proficiency with writing - and the number one thing to do is to do more reading. Read the greats; Tolkien, Pratchett, Lian Hearn, Neil Gaiman. Look at how they write, how they structure sentences, paragraphs, story. Learn about dramatic weight, learn how to write descriptions, learn how to paint pictures with your words. Observe conversations, listen to how people speak. Learn what makes people likeable, figure out how people react to things. Observe the world. Look at footage from natural disasters and their consequences; look at the ruins and the aftermath.

Writing is about painting a picture, building a world, drawing us in to your own mind and showing us what it's like. It's a process you can improve at through hard work and research, dedicated observation and constant practise. Don't get discouraged and don't stop learning, but the best way to learn is to be your own worst critic, and the best way to be a better critic of yourself is to expand the number and quality of people you're comparing yourself to.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Wait, what? What's this about a 65-episode limit?
    Hasbro has only ordered a half-season for Season Three so far, and 13 more episodes makes 65, which is a common place for American cartoons to stop production. OTOH, do note that I said if Hasbro holds firm. No one official has made any sort of statement to the effect that 65 is all there will be.

Meanwhile, Re: Diamond Tiara, A quote from Orthodox Gozerite on Poniboruu:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somebody has to be the villain and Diamond Tiara not only does it, she does it with style.

Imagine the day she got her cutie mark. Her special talent is to be a child of privilege, a bane to the maladjusted and outcast everywhere, the forge in which they will learn strength, friendship and self-worth. Her only reward is to be hated, humiliated and pushed into the pool at the end of every "slobs versus snobs" film ever made.

And that burden was dropped on her shoulders as a child.

Diamond Tiara's response? "Alright chums, let's do this. DIIIAAAMOOND TIAARRAAA!"
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wow. Throughout the four or five fanfictions I've posted here in ponythread, I have managed to evade a compliment every single time. Nothing positive can be said about them, by anyone. Fine, I get the point.

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    Wow. Throughout the four or five fanfictions I've posted here in ponythread, I have managed to evade a compliment every single time. Nothing positive can be said about them, by anyone. Fine, I get the point.
    See, right now, even though I don't like your writing, I respect you for trying to write. I see myself in these stories, and see how far I've come from them. You're at the start of a very long journey.

If you take the path of bitterness and stop writing and stop improving as a result, only then will I stop respecting you.

Do you want compliments or do you want to improve?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-08 at 09:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Random new episode comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While Ponyville history was involved, I don't think the episode did as much damage to fanon as some; even Granny Smith's young adult years are still pretty open. I'm also happy that my fanfic survived intact.

So Diamond Tiara's dad is basically Equestria's Sam Walton and she's the Walton kids. Makes sense. I noticed that we don't see her mom, leaving the Screwball Theory intact.

Even if you take the less extreme interpretation of Twilight's Winter Wrap Up line, Granny Smith is pretty old as ponies go. I guess she must have gotten that hip replacement.

I also loved the Zap Apples and the Timber Wolves. I wonder if the Zap Apples are one of the reasons that Ponyvillians live so long (the retirement home in MMDW seemed very well populated for a small town)?
    Sorta-Episode-y:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm glad your fanfic survived the Granny-centric episode! I also look forward to the next installment of your fic

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I can't verify the information considering that I found it on TvTropes, but under Scootaloo's profile on there, it mentioned that someone who worked on the show said there was a Scootaloo focused episode coming down the pipe in Season 2. And with The Last Roundup and The Super Cider etc. etc., episode later on, that means at least one Applejack episode and another one about the Apple family (but probably focusing on them as a whole, rather then just Applejack). So...you know, high hopes! Also hoping for Big Mac to do more and for more CMC, cause I don't find them annoying at all...And cause each CMC episode means more Sweetie Belle which increases the chance of another Sweetie Belle song and thus the chances of a Sweetie Belle/Rarity duet.

Also, just for discussions sake, I heard it mentioned that Lauren Faust said she never planned out an episode where the CMC got their cutie marks but that she would like to do it. What does everyone think are the chances of such an episode actually happening?
    Oh goodness, if true this would make me quite happy! One can always hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    The following image is tangentially pony related.

Spoiler
    Show

The hatchling got a (non-MLP) pony plushie as one of his Christmas presents, and today we were horsing around a little bit.
    So adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Not much to add to the new ep discussion save to comment on:

Spoiler
    Show
    The BGM, especially during Granny's Tale ... I just thought it was excellent in this ep.

That and bunny costumes ... whoever decided to put those in there owes me a new pancreas. (I still can't figure out how Applebloom is able to use the ears so expressively while wearing it though!)

Hrmm, to add more non-spoiler pony to this post ...

Oh sod it, can't think of anything other than this still.
    Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They owe you and me both, BlasTech...Scootabunny nearly killed me!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    We will find a way to get the thread together if possible though. Just give us a year or two.
    I am strongly considering if it would be possible for me to get away and come to the next con in July. Especially after all the news from this one and the promise of Lauren Faust herself showing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    And some random selections:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Firstly this, linked for largeness.

Snailestia?

Bad puns, bad puns! Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Warning: Incoming Diabeetus:

There's a story in that Lyra picture, I'm convinced - a musician making beautiful music that reflects the hope of something outside a city that can only approach beauty itself at night as stars bloom on the street rather than in the sky...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mid thirties for some reason.
    Suddenly I am curious to know how old Thanqol thinks I am...although I think I've mentioned my age somewhere in a thread long past...

Meanwhile, Re: Diamond Tiara, A quote from Orthodox Gozerite on Poniboruu:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Somebody has to be the villain and Diamond Tiara not only does it, she does it with style.

Imagine the day she got her cutie mark. Her special talent is to be a child of privilege, a bane to the maladjusted and outcast everywhere, the forge in which they will learn strength, friendship and self-worth. Her only reward is to be hated, humiliated and pushed into the pool at the end of every "slobs versus snobs" film ever made.

And that burden was dropped on her shoulders as a child.

Diamond Tiara's response? "Alright chums, let's do this. DIIIAAAMOOND TIAARRAAA!"
    Hmm, definitely a different take on her character...interesting too.

Hold up a sec. I don't think anyone is trying to trash your fics. You've requested critiques on them, and so folks have to concentrate on the weak points that are present - that's how you get better at writing (and any other skill) - you need to identify what you're doing wrong and strive to improve it. I can understand that it's hard to watch something you've worked on get pulled apart, but from what I know of the posters and writers in this thread, they're doing it to help you, not to make you feel bad or unwanted.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2012-01-08 at 09:42 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

See, right now, even though I don't like your writing, I respect you for trying to write. I see myself in these stories, and see how far I've come from them. You're at the start of a very long journey.

If you take the path of bitterness and stop writing and stop improving as a result, only then will I stop respecting you.

Do you want compliments or do you want to improve?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Hold up a sec. I don't think anyone is trying to trash your fics. You've requested critiques on them, and so folks have to concentrate on the weak points that are present - that's how you get better at writing (and any other skill) - you need to identify what you're doing wrong and strive to improve it. I can understand that it's hard to watch something you've worked on get pulled apart, but from what I know of the posters and writers in this thread, they're doing it to help you, not to make you feel bad or unwanted.
    Stop writing? No, I don't intend to do that. I certainly like to improve, and I am thankful for the... help, but I also enjoy hearing about what I did right. I have not heard that, which leads me to assume I did nothing right. And that hurts.
    Last edited by legomaster00156; 2012-01-08 at 09:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429

Stop writing? No, I don't intend to do that. I certainly like to improve, but I also enjoy hearing about what I did right. I have not heard that, which leads me to assume I did nothing right. And that hurts.
    Unfortunately, finding things done right is a really weird thing in writing. If any element is wrong, then that can poison a whole story. If the pacing is off then that can make good dialogue bad, if the descriptions don't work then that can make good concepts terrible, if we're not clued in at the start then we can read the entire thing in a stupor and not know anything about anything. If you get three or more structural flaws together than it's hard to pick out the good at all.

Again, I make my observation that you've got a very self-taught, TV-script approach to writing. You're starting off by trying to replicate and translate an alien medium. Adaptation is an enormously complex thing and elements that work in one media simply do not work in another. As a result, my biggest recommendation that I think will completely redefine your writing in a better direction, is to change your source material. Make your inspiration and references books and short stories and the old masters of writing rather than television shows and movies.

If I can assist you with anything at this stage, it's getting you progressing in the right direction. I believe this is the best way.

EDIT:

Here's a challenge. Read several stories by the same author, and then tell me that author's core competency - what they do best. Dialogue, pacing, broad descriptions, atmosphere, whatever it is. And then think about how they do that and how you can use that for your own writing.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-08 at 10:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Hasbro has only ordered a half-season for Season Three so far, and 13 more episodes makes 65, which is a common place for American cartoons to stop production. OTOH, do note that I said if Hasbro holds firm. No one official has made any sort of statement to the effect that 65 is all there will be.
    Wow, I didn't realize it but I guess that is a thing after all. (Danger! TvTropes link!)

Still, I'll refrain from panicking until it becomes official in any way. Do you have a link to where they announced that only half of season 3 was ordered?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Image dumping time!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as I saw the Lyra picture this started playing in my head:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up from the street
    Got a beautiful sound
    It's got a beautiful beat

It's a beautiful noise
    Goin' on everywhere
    Like the clickety-clack
    Of a train on a track
    It's got a rhythm to spare

It's a beautiful noise
    And it's sound that I love
    And it's fit me as well
    As a hand in a glove
    Yes it does, yes it does

What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up from the park
    It's the song of the kids
    And it plays until dark

It's the song of the cars
    On their furious flights
    But there's even romance
    In the way that they dance
    To beat of the lights

It's a beautiful noise
    And it's a sound that I love
    And it makes me feel good
    Like a hand in a glove
    Yes it does, yes it does
    What a beautiful noise

It's a beautiful noise
    Made of joy and of strife
    Like a symphony played
    By a passing parade
    It's the music of life

What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up to my room
    And it's beggin' for me
    Just to give it a tune

-- Neil Diamond

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Still, I'll refrain from panicking until it becomes official in any way. Do you have a link to where they announced that only half of season 3 was ordered?
    It was around early November on EqD but I can't find the exact article; it might have been inside a daily update. I thought we discussed it at the time but I might be getting my fora crossed.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2012-01-08 at 11:29 PM.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Stop writing? No, I don't intend to do that. I certainly like to improve, and I am thankful for the... help, but I also enjoy hearing about what I did right. I have not heard that, which leads me to assume I did nothing right. And that hurts.
    Well I can say from reading your fics that there isn't anything truly wrong with them. They are well written and I never feel like I have to work to read my way through unlike certain other fics. (You did write that story about Spike being passed from generation to generation and the one where DJ PON3 was deaf right?)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well I can say from reading your fics that there isn't anything truly wrong with them. They are well written and I never feel like I have to work to read my way through unlike certain other fics. (You did write that story about Spike being passed from generation to generation and the one where DJ PON3 was deaf right?)
    Thanks. Yes, those were both mine.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Likewise. They may very well have only ordered half of season three as a precaution in case the show's popularity drops, which is smart business since it means they haven't paid for episodes no one wants to watch.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Attention, ponythread artists.

Just thought you'd like to know.

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post

Oh good gracious, at least that was timed well. I get home tomorrow and from there it looks like I've got a huge backlog of drawings and paintings to work through. I'm certainly looking forwards to this.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

So sorry if it's been possted, i just thought you guys might be interested in Watching These.

Trust me. You will enjoy it.

Now if only we could get Dr. Breen to do one, sadly he is dead.

edit: And then this (unrelated to above, but Luna.)
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-01-09 at 02:33 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Banned

Erm... 17.

.////////////////////.
    You've gotta be careful where you throw around that kind of information, mate. People might take you seriously!

Hey, no. It's just as Thanqol has said; we figured you were actively after critique specifically. On that note, I haven't even read any of your works; I haven't read any fanfiction in months. You're on the list, though, if that helps. Just remember; a lack of comments is not ignoring you, it's just not having anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Vinyl, deaf? That sounds like a good read actually.

good timing. I guess I had better work on clearing some schedule time! Thank you, PhoeKun.

-

Blah. I am wiped. Emotionally exhausted, mentally fatigued, and generally sad I have to go home. Bronies on the east coast are warm enough to make up for the ridiculous temperatures! Which is good, because ridiculous temperatures are ridiculous.

So in 12 hours I will draw the blinds dog my own room, force, coerce or cajole my cats into snuggling, and pass out. In an attempt to develop a new sleep rhythm. And then I catch up on the last ten or so pages! Yay~

*collapses*

Jaaaaaaaade, how do you live like this?!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That being said, I think we can safely assume Equestrian ponies lifespan are not equivalent to their real-world counterparts. Instead, they seem to show slightly slower than human average ageing instead.
    We could always safely assume that though some ponies just have silly ideas because they think it adds drama/depth/tragedy/something to everything.

It'll be at least 65 episode, since Hasbro already ordered half of Season 3 as well.
    Well there was that weird mention of an episode 28 in season 2....

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was putzing around youtube watching pony one-liners from various episodes, but there's one I want to see that I can't find. Mainly, Twilight Sparkle in the first episode making those little sarcastic noises after Spike tells her to lighten up. Any help?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

so i had a very silly idea after watching rocky

in brief

the ponies go to fillydelphia for a boxing tournament that Rainbow dash is involved in

the meet the Italian Stallion

madness ensues

thoughts?

(this may become a fan fic ya never know)
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    So I was putzing around youtube watching pony one-liners from various episodes, but there's one I want to see that I can't find. Mainly, Twilight Sparkle in the first episode making those little sarcastic noises after Spike tells her to lighten up. Any help?
    Well, this guy has uploaded a freakin' ton of 5-second moments from pony episodes, you could start there. They should be in roughly in chronological order.

Honestly, though, if you know roughly where it is in the episode it may be quicker to download the entire first episode and chop out the parts you want.

Are you looking for the video clip or just the audio?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Hi, I'm from the Internet, and I'm here to help.

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    so i had a very silly idea after watching rocky

in brief

the ponies go to fillydelphia for a boxing tournament that Rainbow dash is involved in

the meet the Italian Stallion

madness ensues

thoughts?

(this may become a fan fic ya never know)
    Going to Fillydelphia for a tournament that Rainbow Dash is in, sounds very pony, but boxing seems off to me. At least, boxing as it is as a human sport. It would need a less violent quadruped version of the sport to work, Ithink.

Hehehhee. I really like the idea of the Italian Stallion, Rocky, though. That's clever!
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

and i TOTALLY see AJ as the one competing not RD
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and i TOTALLY see AJ as the one competing not RD
    They go to support AJ. Rainbow wasn't interested (as it isn't a race) until she sees how athletic and competitive it is. Then she also joins the tournament.
    They both reach the final, of course, in a friendly Forman vs Ali style showdown.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    There's a story in that Lyra picture, I'm convinced - a musician making beautiful music that reflects the hope of something outside a city that can only approach beauty itself at night as stars bloom on the street rather than in the sky...
    As soon as I saw the Lyra picture this started playing in my head:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up from the street
    Got a beautiful sound
    It's got a beautiful beat

It's a beautiful noise
    Goin' on everywhere
    Like the clickety-clack
    Of a train on a track
    It's got a rhythm to spare

It's a beautiful noise
    And it's sound that I love
    And it's fit me as well
    As a hand in a glove
    Yes it does, yes it does

What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up from the park
    It's the song of the kids
    And it plays until dark

It's the song of the cars
    On their furious flights
    But there's even romance
    In the way that they dance
    To beat of the lights

It's a beautiful noise
    And it's a sound that I love
    And it makes me feel good
    Like a hand in a glove
    Yes it does, yes it does
    What a beautiful noise

It's a beautiful noise
    Made of joy and of strife
    Like a symphony played
    By a passing parade
    It's the music of life

What a beautiful noise
    Comin' up to my room
    And it's beggin' for me
    Just to give it a tune

-- Neil Diamond
    That's beautiful. I suddenly have a much larger apreciation for that picture.

Before I just thought it looked nice ^^:

Very good! I had no idea what to draw today. This should help motivate me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Hi, I'm from the Internet, and I'm here to help.
    Huh. I don't even remember her doing that.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

How old did you think I was? And I was hoping for, 'I'm a year older then you', Lixie...
    Two, actually.

Wow I only just got it. ._.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok so guys. THIS VIDEO is fantastic.
    The voice actors are pretty damn good.
    WARNING LANGUAGE AND BACON.
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi. Remember my Christmas challenge. That one?

Yeah. Here's 1/4 of it.

Jeezus but writing Spike x Spike (Rainbow Dash) is not for the faint-hearted.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_GB

EDIT: Actual shipping has not commenced and frankly I don't know whether I can pull off the shipping or not.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-01-09 at 02:03 PM.