New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    E) Does it have starships/explosions/lasers/ponies/ninja/pokemon in it?

If it answers "no" to all of the above, it may or not be art, but importantly, I don't care.

If it manages "yes" to all of E at once, it also probably doesn't matter, because my skull probably will have asploded.
    Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i don't know about the rest of you....but this sounds like a challenge to the resident thread artists
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Depends on how long it takes to draw that pic and how long it takes for me to get round to it. xD
    Gimme, like, an hour. Maybe two.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on how long it takes to draw that pic and how long it takes for me to get round to it. xD

Intriguing theory. That said, she's in a military group so can't make that decision safely.

I don't think she wants to. xD

Also
    Aotrs
    1S TH1S YOU >:?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your link is broken. I followed it from quoting your post and I do think that SMBC comic has at least a passing resemblence to Aotrs. Perhaps a distant cousin?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I must say, Hopereaver, I think it's very touching how many of them are volenteering to suffer such horribly violent spifflication in your stead.

I don't think that's what they...

Of course they were! I mean, if I didn't take out my horribly murderous rages out on you - who can take it, or them - who can possibly take it, then I'll have to take it out on all those poor, unfortunate prisioners, who most definitately can't, and I'm sure they wouldn't want the sounds of the tortured, burbling cries of agony, finally dying out into strangled silence as the victims die in the most creatively horrific ways, to fall on their innocent (or mostly innocent) ears, now would they...?

You are sooo Evil.

I know.

Sometimes, you are so cool.

Yes, well. Enough of that.

Also
    Aotrs
    1S TH1S YOU >:?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maaaaybe...

(Though you might want to link the page as the image doesn't work.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-01-12 at 01:43 PM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Again, my point is that there is nothing there other than what the viewer brings to the table himself. You can read into it, as you can read into anything. The human mind can find patterns, consistencies and connections even in madness. By claiming credit for observer's ability to make judgements and interpretations, the artist has removed himself from the cycle. He has not inspired thought, he has waited for others to tell him what he made them think.
    Heh, reminds me of the discussion I was having just recently in the Gaming (Other) section about Shadow of the Colossus. I just played that recently, and was not particularly impressed. Wasn't any more impressed by some of the arguments that people were making in that thread about it, some of which were based on the assumption that the player would fill in the game's bare-bones story themselves. I think that's just a ridiculous thing to praise the game for - the player making something up and pretending its part of the game when it isn't is the basis of fan-fiction, not a good video game.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I must say, Hopereaver, I think it's very touching how many of them are volenteering to suffer such horribly violent spifflication in your stead.

Of course they were! I mean, if I didn't take out my horribly murderous rages out on you - who can take it, or them - who can possibly take it, then I'll have to take it out on all those poor, unfortunate prisioners, who most definitately can't, and I'm sure they wouldn't want the sounds of the tortured, burbling cries of agony, finally dying out into strangled silence as the victims die in the most creatively horrific ways, to fall on their innocent (or mostly innocent) ears, now would they...?

You are sooo Evil.

I know.

Hey. Get over here.

I'm busy!

Yeah, well, on the ponythread you've been notoriously absent in, someone's definitely got you beaten in the evil category.

Really?

*Examines thread*

...................I'm coming for you all, as soon as I figure out something evil enough.

Have you ever considered not being so crazy and just talking about ponies or something?

Good point. Eat liquid organ failure:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Hopereaver, at some point you may want to considering joining the league of sidekicks/alternate personalities/disregarded Oc's/beleagured lab assistants. It's a great support group. I even wrote a book about it!

A book that I erased from reality itself, due to your unflattering comments about me.

...........If anypony happens to see a book-shaped hole in existence, don't touch it.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Good point. Eat liquid organ failure:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bones are an organ right?

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I read an interesting article this morning about Richard Price losing a lawsuit for copyright infringement with his collages. It seemed kind of appropriate to our art discussion since it asks questions like what it means for a work to be original or transformative in nature and basically how far we're wiling to let people go and still call themselves artists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/ar...r=1&ref=design
    I read that as Vincent Price and was expecting a much more bizarre article...

And then:
    About as close as they get to pinning him down is that he wanted to use the borrowed pictures to explore his fascination with the painting of Willem de Kooning and also thought of his collages and paintings as part of an idea for a movie about a post-apocalyptic world in which Rastafarians, famous literary lesbians and others commandeer hotels on St. Bart’s.

“So what are four lesbians from the early 20th century doing on St. Bart’s in, now, when there’s a nuclear war, like why are they there?” a lawyer asked Mr. Prince, who responded: “Your guess is as good as mine. That’s what I do, I make things up.”

At another point in the transcript of the deposition, a lawyer asked, “What is the message?”

Mr. Prince replied, “The message is to make great art that makes people feel good.”
    Yeah. Just... yeah.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Pikachu vs. Rainbow Dash: Ninja Battles in Space! A cluster**** by Diego Havoc.

Spoiler
    Show

CHALLENGE COMPLETED, POORLY, BUT COMPLETED NONETHELESS.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ima have to say that the topic swing of this thread over the last couple of pages has been nothing if not tremendous.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I always like to see Shinopony regardless myself.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Ima have to say that the topic swing of this thread over the last couple of pages has been nothing if not tremendous.
    Did you change facial expressions recently? Something seems different, but I don't trust my memory.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

12. - Top - End - #702

Spoiler
    Show

That's a rather... different take on the challenge, but completed true to the letter, so well done!

Unfortunately, it takes me a lot longer to get into gear. Primarily because I seem to be choosing the most impossible routes to tackle. Like designing an actual pony-shaped starship that complies to laws established by Gene Roddenberry for Star Trek.

I will have to bust out the modelling for this one after all. I'm having problems seeing this thing in perspective, and I'm not sure about the shape of some of the elements.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OC is a parallel-universe projection of mine, facehoofing at my ineptness at perspective. Seriously, for all the good things I learn in drawing, it's the basic things that evade me the longest.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I...

Wha...

*skullsplode*

Heh! That'll keep him shut up for a bit... Nice one, Diego Havoc! I don't know much about art... but it made Bleakbane's head explode, so it must be awesome!

Ew, I got Commadore in my coffee... Eh, he'll work himself out of it in a bit, what with the rejuve and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    Also, Hopereaver, at some point you may want to considering joining the league of sidekicks/alternate personalities/disregarded Oc's/beleagured lab assistants. It's a great support group. I even wrote a book about it!

A book that I erased from reality itself, due to your unflattering comments about me.

...........If anypony happens to see a book-shaped hole in existence, don't touch it.
    Oh, you guys!

Relax, I've got it covered... Bleakbane's not the only one who can cheat like crazy around here. I have a plan for next time, that'll completely screw him up, hehe!

Not that I don't appreiciate the support, though!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-01-12 at 03:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Firbolg in the Playground

I...

Wha...

*skullsplode*
    ....Congrates, everypony, you just made the space-lich's head explode. Hopefuly, theres a good amount of ambient negitive energy on that ship so he won't have to learn a headless spaceman routine.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-01-12 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Did you change facial expressions recently? Something seems different, but I don't trust my memory.
    Indeed I have. I suppose the best way to put it is that I've been discord'd. Domochevsky has stolen my hat as a punishment for not doing my daily drawthread daily, to be returned upon two successive weeks of updates. Then my hat, element, and smiling face shall return once more!

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    ....Congrates, everypony, you just made the space-lich's head explode. Hopefuly, theres a good amount of ambient negitive energy on that ship so he won't have to learn a headless spaceman routine.
    Pfft, Lich regen remember, he'll be fine. It's not like it was lethal damage. It'll just take a bit for the bone particles to re-coagulate and join together. Sorta like the T-1000 terminator, I guess, only it's not as cool because it's only Bleakbane and I can only get away with saying that because he's technically unconcious.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, you guys!

Relax, I've got it covered... Bleakbane's not the only one who can cheat like crazy around here. I have a plan for next time, that'll completely screw him up, hehe!

Not that I don't appreiciate the support, though!
    Awww, but I researched an epic spell for you!

You are sooo Evil.

I know.

...yeah, I'm calling that bluff. Either they're soldiers who you're going to kill anyway, or they're prisoners who you can't afford to kill.

(Though you might want to link the page as the image doesn't work.)
    ...I'd linked the page in image tags. Oops.

...two days to pony!
    (is short on new pony eps)
    I haven't made up for christmas yet.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Firbolg in the Playground

(Well, ahem, going to try this fabled "roleplay" for once.)

Well, sorry that I was mistaken. As you might tell, if something falls of me, its gone. Tape is your friend, along with glue. Make of that as you will, lich, but do you know how much of a pain it is to keep wings attached to you when you have almost no access to a steady stream of necromantic anything? I once spent five years without speaking because I did not take someones threat that they would cut off my tongue seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I don't know, it IS pony thread. I don't know if anything that happened here would really surprise me any more. Delight me, sure, but there's nothing we would post that would, at most make me shrug and say "That's pony thread!"

So today I discovered a brand new way to test whether your weight loss plan is getting you results.

1. Travel to a different city for a job interview. You're only staying for one night, so you only need one set of interview appropriate clothing.
    2. Discover, at 6:15 AM and with just 90 minutes before the interview, that you accidently grabbed your younger brother's khakis by mistake. Your younger brother who wears pants that are 3" tighter in the waist than yours.
    3. Find that you can fit into those pants and successfully complete the interview anyway, like a boss.

Note that this test is exceedingly uncomfortable
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

20. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

I...

Wha...

*skullsplode*
    Achievment unlocked:

My work here is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopereaver View Post
    Heh! That'll keep him shut up for a bit... Nice one, Diego Havoc! I don't know much about art... but it made Bleakbane's head explode, so it must be awesome!
    Thanks! Enjoy your moment of peace. I'm going to spend some time fortifying my defences in case he remembers who did this when he regens.

In other news, a pony image dump was recently spotted in this viscinity:
    Spoiler
    Show

The next two are double-spoilered for size:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

And then, saucy Fleur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I don't know, it IS pony thread. I don't know if anything that happened here would really surprise me any more. Delight me, sure, but there's nothing we would post that would, at most make me shrug and say "That's pony thread!"
    We are more like a small forum onto ourselves aren't we?

Albeit one that probably wouldn't fit any better in a bigger format. Though there have been times...

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i don't know about the rest of you....but this sounds like a challenge to the resident thread artists
    To me it sounds like a great way to get the lich off my back (and put my shiny new tablet to use).

So, Bleakbane...

I'm sorry I sang that song about magical space liches.

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?
    Truth resists simplicity.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    To me it sounds like a great way to get the lich off my back (and put my shiny new tablet to use).

So, Bleakbane...

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

So, Bleakbane...

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?
    Ack! Not only did you do everything he mentioned, but you even threw rocket launchers in too!

So... awesome...

I-

I have been defeated.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So, Bleakbane...

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?
    I envy all you artists. I have stupid fingers. My fingers failed Kindergarten. I should try to learn how to draw with my lips. Because my lips are awesome.

Anyways
    Orzel Games Status Update

Orzel d20: 30% Design Phase
    MLPFIMRPG: 0.5% Design Phase
    MLPFIMTCG: 80% Design Phase
    MLPFIM Board Game: 100% Design Phase Complete. 0% Playtesting Phase
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Uuurrr... That was an experience, to say the least...

Now I-

Hey, boss, lookit!

So, Bleakbane...

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?
    Wha-

*skulldoublesplode*

Huh. Apparently Liches can explode twice.

S'gonna take him ages to come back from that one...

Eeh. Whatever.

Hey, Diego, don't be too hard on yourself... Not only were you first, you had Leaf shinobi ninja! That's still awesome!

You know, aside from picking bits of Bleakbane outta my hair, I could get used to this...

Cheers, ponythread!

27. - Top - End - #717

Next week I begin DMing my new 4e campaign, which is a crossover between the default 4e world and Fallout. Well, as far as I'm telling the players it's just Fallout, really I'll be lifting entire subplots from Fallout Equestria. My own versions of Red Eye, Trixie, and the Enclave (now with 100% more dwarves in vertibirds) will be the main enemies. The Talon mercenaries will show up as Halflings riding gryphons. I think I'll put Spike in there as well, especially once I need a high level quest giver. I hope he doesn't mind being painted silver .

Even during creation though some parts have redefined themselves and the setting is taking on a life of its own. It's looking like a great way to keep myself amused, as well as a good campaign setting. I can't wait to see what happens when real PCs are exposed to some of these plots.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Colossus in the Playground

Oooh one of my favourite quotes is about this
    'An english major reads a sentence of a book, and reads the phrase 'blue curtains'. He proclaims "Ah, the blue represents the main character's depression and loneliness."
    A writer writes the phrase 'blue curtains'. He means "The curtains are ------- blue, alright?"'
    "The curtains are blue? That's it? D-. Maybe you should learn something about art."

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I envy all you artists. I have stupid fingers. My fingers failed Kindergarten. I should try to learn how to draw with my lips. Because my lips are awesome.
    The pone says that you're absolutely wrong and only fooling yourself.

And if this ponyspacemon is a thing I might have to add it to the list, but I have srs bsnss practice to do so it might be a few days.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Barbarian in the Playground

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...n-edition.aspx
    SKYRIM SHOUTS OUT TO THE BRONIES!
    Can you find the hidden applejack?
    ADVENTURE!!!!!

My current story ponies-Ponylagann in the Ponythread.
    Spoiler
    Show

NightScream
    Ponyard
    SkyRocket
    Filly Pokey Pierce

30. - Top - End - #720

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Next week I begin DMing my new 4e campaign, which is a crossover between the default 4e world and Fallout. Well, as far as I'm telling the players it's just Fallout, really I'll be lifting entire subplots from Fallout Equestria. My own versions of Red Eye, Trixie, and the Enclave (now with 100% more dwarves in vertibirds) will be the main enemies. The Talon mercenaries will show up as Halflings riding gryphons. I think I'll put Spike in there as well, especially once I need a high level quest giver. I hope he doesn't mind being painted silver .

Even during creation though some parts have redefined themselves and the setting is taking on a life of its own. It's looking like a great way to keep myself amused, as well as a good campaign setting. I can't wait to see what happens when real PCs are exposed to some of these plots.
    My prediction: absolute domination/hilarity.