New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

The latest Homestuck update also features a shout-out to Friendship is Magic. Spot the Rainbow Dash (spoilers, naturally)!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

The pone says that you're absolutely wrong and only fooling yourself.
    But..but.. I can't draw circles nor straight lines. It's Path Ethic.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...n-edition.aspx
    SKYRIM SHOUTS OUT TO THE BRONIES!
    Can you find the hidden applejack?
    Yep next to the Final Judgement that wasn't hard at all.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Pone

Spoiler
    Show

Says you're wrong

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    The latest Homestuck update also features a shout-out to Friendship is Magic. Spot the Rainbow Dash (spoilers, naturally)!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This. This is a good thing.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think just swooping in, posting a single image, and leaving will be my new thing.

Spoiler
    Show

Away!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Pone

Spoiler
    Show

Says you're wrong

Spoiler
    Show

How am I suppose to fool myself with the pone around?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

I envy all you artists. I have stupid fingers. My fingers failed Kindergarten. I should try to learn how to draw with my lips. Because my lips are awesome.

Anyways
    Orzel Games Status Update

Orzel d20: 30% Design Phase
    MLPFIMRPG: 0.5% Design Phase
    MLPFIMTCG: 80% Design Phase
    MLPFIM Board Game: 100% Design Phase Complete. 0% Playtesting Phase
    Orzel, are you a fan of Munchkin? If so, once you've completed your other projects would you consider collaborating on an MLP:FiM version of Munchkin.

Actually, are there any other Munchkin fans in Ponythread who might be willing to collaborate with me on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Even during creation though some parts have redefined themselves and the setting is taking on a life of its own.
    That's successful campaign design right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    It's looking like a great way to keep myself amused, as well as a good campaign setting. I can't wait to see what happens when real PCs are exposed to some of these plots.
    Hurr hurr hurr!

... Ponyfandom, stop ruining words for me! At one of my D&D games a while back, a couple of other players were talking about "ways to get flank". It took me several confused moments to realise they were discussing Rogue sneak-attack tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Uuurrr... That was an experience, to say the least...

Now I-

Hey, boss, lookit!

Wha-

*skulldoublesplode*

Huh. Apparently Liches can explode twice.

S'gonna take him ages to come back from that one...

Eeh. Whatever.

Hey, Diego, don't be too hard on yourself... Not only were you first, you had Leaf shinobi ninja! That's still awesome!

You know, aside from picking bits of Bleakbane outta my hair, I could get used to this...

Cheers, ponythread!
    *walks by, pushing a broom and whistling something that sounds vaguely like "Winter Wrap Up" while sweeping up bits of space lich*

Also, mildly relevant to the recent art discussions, and pony! to boot:

Spoiler
    Show

My own personal opinion is that "art" is whatever the observer defines it to be. There is nothing empirical about art - it is entirely subjective, and nopony can tell me if something is or isn't art; that is something I have to decide for myself. Being subjective, I can decide if something is "good" art, "bad" art, "average" art, or even not art at all. That's pretty much the beginning and end of the debate for me.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, now we can speculate about whether or not the presence of Rainbow Dash will alter the temporal structure of the universe, reappear in 200-500 strips, or lead to the creation of a new fan troll Oh wait, that last one already happened.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Ack! Not only did you do everything he mentioned, but you even threw rocket launchers in too!

So... awesome...

I-

I have been defeated.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sad pony?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Hurr hurr hurr!

... Ponyfandom, stop ruining words for me! At one of my D&D games a while back, a couple of other players were talking about "ways to get flank". It took me several confused moments to realise they were discussing Rogue sneak-attack tactics.
    Hey, at least you didn't spend 10 minutes attempting to not burst out laughing listening to your roommate tell some of his friends why Final Fantasy X has the best plot out of any video game he's played.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    I think just swooping in, posting a single image, and leaving will be my new thing.

Spoiler
    Show

Away!
    .....Figures, Pinkie.

Next week I begin DMing my new 4e campaign, which is a crossover between the default 4e world and Fallout. Well, as far as I'm telling the players it's just Fallout, really I'll be lifting entire subplots from Fallout Equestria. My own versions of Red Eye, Trixie, and the Enclave (now with 100% more dwarves in vertibirds) will be the main enemies. The Talon mercenaries will show up as Halflings riding gryphons. I think I'll put Spike in there as well, especially once I need a high level quest giver. I hope he doesn't mind being painted silver .

Even during creation though some parts have redefined themselves and the setting is taking on a life of its own. It's looking like a great way to keep myself amused, as well as a good campaign setting. I can't wait to see what happens when real PCs are exposed to some of these plots.
    .....I will love you forever if you manage to fit in the entirety of Canterlot in there. Also, you should give the to adult dragons in the fanfic justice and have the Cyberdragon (which, I think, was the green one from the Everfree, so theres your kind right there.) fight the Spike equivulent, at least as a backdrop. I would marry you if you sneak in a little girl in a "space suit" who is nigh unkillable. Even better if you throw a bit of Horizons projects in there ( Chimera and Steelpony are already going into my Ebberon game, because, you know, everyone hates a giant half-golem with a halfling/blink dog for a bodyguard who actualy can kill you in a few rounds.)
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-01-12 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Sad pony?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, at least you didn't spend 10 minutes attempting to not burst out laughing listening to your roommate tell some of his friends why Final Fantasy X has the best plot out of any video game he's played.
    Honest question because my memory has apparently been altered by ponies. Is "hoof it" something you can say to normal people when you want them to go quickly, or did we make that one up too?

Edit: Thanqol is correct for the term meaning to go faster. However, Urban dictionary also defines hoof it as meaning to be forced to walk, rather than take a car or some other mode of transport.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=hoof%20it
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-01-12 at 10:14 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Honest question because my memory has apparently been altered by ponies. Is "hoof it" something you can say to normal people when you want them to go quickly, or did we make that one up too?
    "Leg it" is the human parlance.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unless the constant exposure to ponies has started to retroactively warp my memories of pre-pony idioms, that should be OK.

Granted, there's a pretty sizable chance that constant exposure to ponies HAS warped my memories of pre-pony idioms
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Orzel, are you a fan of Munchkin? If so, once you've completed your other projects would you consider collaborating on an MLP:FiM version of Munchkin.
    I've played Munchkin twice. Was fun. I'll love to help.

MLPFIMTCG has a bit of Munchkin in it. A teeny teeny tiny itty bitty bit.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #736
    Banned

Music is the outline of silence, not its opposite
    My god. O.O

Again, my point is that there is nothing there other than what the viewer brings to the table himself. You can read into it, as you can read into anything. The human mind can find patterns, consistencies and connections even in madness. By claiming credit for observer's ability to make judgements and interpretations, the artist has removed himself from the cycle. He has not inspired thought, he has waited for others to tell him what he made them think.

If a stranger told me to be quiet for four minutes while he did nothing I'd rightly think he was a tosser. A famous person doing the same thing isn't any less of a tosser; the toss is equidistant. If I found this song on my iTunes playlist with no other context I'd delete it as a corrupt file.
    Doesn't seem quite like that, though. The 'artistic' ones seem bent on giving you a frame of reference. They put up signs and signals to try and show something that they feel would be diminished if forced onto canvas.

Though here we hit semantics. Someone sets up a bunch of things in the hopes that my base expectations wil bring me to the desired experience. Sure, this has value. Is it art, though?

Isn't this what more abstract poetry does? It presents symbols in such a way that, if you have the right background, it becomes something fuller? And it's usefulness fades with time. 'Flower of battle' has to be explained now, instead of you getting that blood blooms red when warfare wages.

This isnt the original reason I quoted you though. That was lost because I am delirious.

Ohhh-hhh, you haven't heard the half of it. I'm an English major. Every artist is seeking deeper meaning. Even made-up poets who's secret authors came out and admitted they were trolling poetry critics get treated with deathly seriousness about the deeper meaning that secretly inspired their actions. And there's no way to produce an 'inferior' work because everything has a secret meaning.
    Oh gracious, it's like my report on Lord of the Flies.

"He's not Jesus, he's a twelve-year old epileptic who ran into a spear! Get over yourselves!"

Best A in English to date.

Probably by narrowing it down to either sex or death. Everything's about sex or death.
    In fact, a lot of depth can be faked I you're proficient at making death about sex, and sex about death.

I'd like to nominate pony as a third option by the way. Everything is about sex, death or ponies.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i don't know about the rest of you....but this sounds like a challenge to Thanqol
    You're right, this does sound like its right up his alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Simple it wouldn't be literature, its just plebeian doggerel unworthy of their opinion.
    I dissagree with the bluewhite intensity of starbirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    Hey. Get over here.

I'm busy!

Yeah, well, on the ponythread you've been notoriously absent in, someone's definitely got you beaten in the evil category.

Really?

*Examines thread*

...................I'm coming for you all, as soon as I figure out something evil enough.

Have you ever considered not being so crazy and just talking about ponies or something?

Good point. Eat liquid organ failure:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, Hopereaver, at some point you may want to considering joining the league of sidekicks/alternate personalities/disregarded Oc's/beleagured lab assistants. It's a great support group. I even wrote a book about it!

A book that I erased from reality itself, due to your unflattering comments about me.

...........If anypony happens to see a book-shaped hole in existence, don't touch it.
    Oh goodness they weren't kidding for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Pikachu vs. Rainbow Dash: Ninja Battles in Space! A cluster**** by Diego Havoc.

Spoiler
    Show

CHALLENGE COMPLETED, POORLY, BUT COMPLETED NONETHELESS.
    Good stuff, Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    To me it sounds like a great way to get the lich off my back (and put my shiny new tablet to use).

So, Bleakbane...

I'm sorry I sang that song about magical space liches.

Spoiler
    Show

We cool now?

*explodes*

Psssst!

<<

>>

Neither can I. Nor can Thanqol.
    Sun and Moon, "draw lines that don't look too terrible" was assignment number one in the "work on being a better artist" thread. Lines and circles are hard. fooling jumps into seeing ponies in your squiggles fan art is easy.

Pone

Spoiler
    Show

Says you're wrong

Spoiler
    Show
    this is so close to being my signature. I'm gonna save the link to this post so I can reference it in the future.

-

Okie doke. So I'm all brain dead, possibly from havin my head explode. I'm gonna leave this post here with a caveat; I feel a lot of it could have been phrased better. Much better. But I am not capable of doing so right now, so grain of salt, aye?

EDIT

Edit: Thanqol is correct for the term meaning to go faster. However, Urban dictionary also defines hoof it as meaning to be forced to walk, rather than take a car or some other mode of transport.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=hoof%20it
    Hoof it is an actual term, often used as an immediate consequence. "our car broke down so we're hoofin' it to the nearest station". Note I have never heard hoofing nor hoof. Always hoofin'.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-01-12 at 10:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Hoof it is an actual term, often used as an immediate consequence. "our car broke down so we're hoofin' it to the nearest station". Note I have never heard hoofing nor hoof. Always hoofin'.
    I've used it in different ways a couple of times. Past tense for example.

"I had to hoof it"

EDIT

For the interested Top 10 PMVs of Dec are out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2BMFgJ6yTI
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-01-12 at 10:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

I've heard the phrase "hoofin' it" used before. For some reason, the only example that comes to mind is a Powerpuff Girls episode where they moved to the town of Citysville, and they were banned from using their superpowers due to gross property damage. Flying back from the mayor's office, they were ordered to land on account of the new ban on superpowers. They stood there, in the pouring rain, and Blossom said, "Well. It looks like we're hoofin' it."

Why the only other example of this phrase that I can remember comes from another Lauren Faust show? Your guess is as good as mine.

@Thanqol: I'm working on the Five Word Spheres exercise, and I just had a character refuse to tell me what her words were because "This is a waste of time. Three is enough."

...on one hand, I don't have her words yet. On the other, I think I'm still making progress.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    @Thanqol: I'm working on the Five Word Spheres exercise, and I just had a character refuse to tell me what her words were because "This is a waste of time. Three is enough."

...on one hand, I don't have her words yet. On the other, I think I'm still making progress.
    In many ways, the point where the character stops accepting your bulldust and starts fixing things herself is the point where you have a good character.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

In many ways, the point where the character stops accepting your bulldust and starts fixing things herself is the point where you have a good character.
    I love it when that happens. It means you got a real grasp of the character

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

A bit of a characterization question, to see if the conclusions I've come to hold up:

In studying Twilight's character, I've come to notice that she has something about her not unlike pride. Not flashy and grandiose like Trixie, that's a different sort of pride. This pride is a quiet assumption that she seems to make a lot; that she is the smartest pony in the room. That of the ponies in the conversation, she knows more and better than them. And most of the time, it's true. In Applebuck Season, she did know better than AJ, and because of it, she tried to talk her out of doing the harvest by herself. In Bridle Gossip, she knew more about magic than the country ponies of Ponyville, and dismissed their fears about curses (until proven otherwise). But in episodes like Feeling Pinkie Keen, it's this same assumption, that she knows best, that keeps her from realizing when she could be wrong. Or in Bird in the Hoof, she felt she knew the Princess better, and dismissed Fluttershy's reassurances about Celestia's punishment. We see this even before her development in the pilot. She believes herself to be the only one to solve this whole "Nightmare Moon" mystery because of her knowledge and study, and grows resentful when told she's wrong, shut up, go make friends.

This is never something she'd admit outright, that much is clear. When strongly confronted, like in Boast Busters, she backs down without protest. And she certainly knows her place with the Princess. But it's still an assumption that I see her making, and combined with her black-and-white view of things, tends to be one of her biggest hurdles to accepting new ideas.

Anypony else see this? Or have I just thought myself in circles here?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    My god. O.O
    I win the pretention off!
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

A bit of a characterization question, to see if the conclusions I've come to hold up:

In studying Twilight's character, I've come to notice that she has something about her not unlike pride. Not flashy and grandiose like Trixie, that's a different sort of pride. This pride is a quiet assumption that she seems to make a lot; that she is the smartest pony in the room. That of the ponies in the conversation, she knows more and better than them. And most of the time, it's true. In Applebuck Season, she did know better than AJ, and because of it, she tried to talk her out of doing the harvest by herself. In Bridle Gossip, she knew more about magic than the country ponies of Ponyville, and dismissed their fears about curses (until proven otherwise). But in episodes like Feeling Pinkie Keen, it's this same assumption, that she knows best, that keeps her from realizing when she could be wrong. Or in Bird in the Hoof, she felt she knew the Princess better, and dismissed Fluttershy's reassurances about Celestia's punishment. We see this even before her development in the pilot. She believes herself to be the only one to solve this whole "Nightmare Moon" mystery because of her knowledge and study, and grows resentful when told she's wrong, shut up, go make friends.

This is never something she'd admit outright, that much is clear. When strongly confronted, like in Boast Busters, she backs down without protest. And she certainly knows her place with the Princess. But it's still an assumption that I see her making, and combined with her black-and-white view of things, tends to be one of her biggest hurdles to accepting new ideas.

I definitely agree with this.

It's sort of an insidious problem as well because most of the time Twilight is right. She's generally the most rational pony and usually the best problem solver, so it's difficult for her to learn a consistent lesson even after something like Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Query, however, whether this is a problem that actually needs fixing. It might be true that Twilight would be a better pony overall if she had a slightly more open worldview. However, most of the time, Twilight taking extra time to consider more viewpoints would result in a waste of time because Twilight is usually right. As long as she's not too stubborn, particularly with important matters, I don't think it's unreasonable for her to continue assuming that she knows what she's doing for the majority of issues.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #744
    Banned

I've heard the phrase "hoofin' it" used before. For some reason, the only example that comes to mind is a Powerpuff Girls episode where they moved to the town of Citysville, and they were banned from using their superpowers due to gross property damage. Flying back from the mayor's office, they were ordered to land on account of the new ban on superpowers. They stood there, in the pouring rain, and Blossom said, "Well. It looks like we're hoofin' it."

Why the only other example of this phrase that I can remember comes from another Lauren Faust show? Your guess is as good as mine.

In Which Starry Notions Realises He Skipped Thanqol's in-depth Cool Stuff Because He Was At Con, and Never Caught Up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starry blinked in rapid confusion. Five word spheres? he thought. That sounds awesome! I totally would remember something like that if I were to have read it...

Searching, he turns his head hither and yon, and sees, finally, the list. Numbers stretching from one end of a screen to another, a queue, a tally system. Already in the twenties, and each tally was 30 strong. No big deal though, as he could handle it. He was the auote pony after all! All he had to do was find out where he left off.

For a moment he stands there, disbelief giving way to stubborn refusal, and finally that too breaks under the strain of realization. He is staring at number 6.

"$%@!", he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I win the pretention off!
    Well, kinda. I mean, I can only dismiss it as entirely untrue, in that music is more than that. Music is an absence of the distracting noise of reality. I hear it all the time, a strange fairy melody in the waterpipes, or the churning of a gear straining, shaking its apparatus like pipes and drum accompanied by wind chimes. Music is part of the fundament.

But it's still a darn sight worth examining. Profound, if incorrect. Well, as incorrect as any paradigm can be.

And hey! I totally didn't paste the thing I came here to paste last time. So have some copy-pastejutsu, just for you-tsu!

Roleplaying is Magic

How is this even going to work, anyway? What kind of game is it?

Search me! To the best of my understanding, D(itpywbt)&D is a parody I actual D&D; imagine the game GM'ed by DeeDee and Dexter of Dexter's Laboratory, or how any RPG is portrayed in a cartoon; that's about what I expect, but played straight. That is, the players don't actively admit (in game) that it's all a ruse, but we know it is.

As for the D&D part... I fear it may end up being more like 4e than 3.5, because of the nature of the system.

"Nature or the System"? Huh?

Yeah. See, Roleplaying is Magic is something that is inherently weird to me; a player based game. As far as I've seen, the Game Master doesn't roll. If a PC attacks something, they roll to hit and do damage. If a PC is attacked by something, they roll to try and shirk the damage.*This puts a lot of pressure on a D&D style game because it probably won't work at all if there is an antagonistic relationship between Players and Game Master. It may also have to be modified.

Further, the nature of the rolls means that most equipment, be it weapons, armor, wands, etc., would function similar to 4e's implements, more than the old edition standard of having each piece of equipment use it's own statistics and cross reference them with the user's and target's statistics. Armor can't give a bonus to avoid being hit, because generally being hit isn't the problem, whether you take full or half damage is.

Obviously, combat mechanics need to be addressed as their own little chunk of double-fifth-vowel, brittish drink, 6th letter. But that's an endeavor for when I have an idea of what specifically I want to accomplish.

Fine. Here's one; what's up with the setting?

A fine question. From an abstract viewpoint, I have a romanticized fondness for Cut Adrift settings, wherein the players are now in a new land, ripe and fertile, from which to carve their fortunes. Generally, this has a bittersweetness to it; imagine the discovery of America, only the sea opened up into a flaming chasm behind the explorers, and they couldn't return to the old world without advanced flight technology.

But I digress. If you look at what is already written, the seeds are there. You are on the Moon. Some folks are new to the moon. Some are old. All are equal, and the future is yours. This sense of potential is supposed to show through in how I portray the setting, in my writing style. It's not necessarily going to be easy - everypony loves a challenge! - but it's definitely no impossible.

As for the Moon itself, and Celestia's tyranny, and the dragon kingdoms, and... Well, in all seriousness, this is a gag setting. It's one I can see myself continuing however. I'm on the cusp between a one-off alternate reality pony game, and a full setting wherein I could play multiple games, in the way most DMs mean a continuous world when they say "my game" or "my campaign". *My only concern is that all the RP ponies can get their fill faster on IRC, so it may be moot now. But the temptation to make my tabletop play as ponies is pretty big...

Rambling again. Yikes. The setting! Right. So really, it is a gag setting. "why we're you banished?" was answered with "I dunno, Celestia went crazy? And she banished a bunch of folks, that way you can have a town outside your dungeon to restock at." and everything went from there. That is, I don't have a campaign seeding mind for which I spread roots; I have root tips I'm following back to see what insanity could possibly explain all these shenanigans. It's bound to be less full-bodied and acceptable than an actual, well thought out world. But that doesn't matter, as it's a backdrop for Gaming, not the reason to game itself.

Why so Grim-Dark?

See, here's the thing. I don't think a setting can, on it's own, truly be grim-dark. A setting is a place. It's the actions that make something dark and creepy. War hammer 40k? If I start a game and successfully go off to be a flower vendor, that game isn't grim-dark. All the past history is, but from the point of player interaction, that's where a game earns its stripes.

Sure, a mad sorceress/goddess who drives her people to privation and decay, sending a good portion of them to another, terrible dimension that is also the prison of her demonically imbued sister while dragons form kingdoms through wealth and fear sounds like a terrible thing that should never exist in proximity to my little ponies...
    But I don't expect the game to play any Grimmer or Darker than AAAAAAAAAGH! Real Monsters. If the players push, they can find depravity, but it is not there by default.

What do I need to start playing?

Marked if I know. Really, I have some more groundwork to lay down. I'm just working the wheels, getting them turning again now that I have slightly more PbP experience.

Functionally, all one needs is a Roleplaying is Magic character. I plan to add some other layers though, possibly with some mechanical function. Mostly whether a pony has been banished or Moon-bred, and whose side they are on. Classes, or similar, with an advancement scheme. Equipment. Until these are done (or at least exist as more than nebulous concepts) no real gaming can begin.

25. - Top - End - #745

Well, Friendship is STILL Magic is out. There's no livid way I can link to it because of language. But it's perhaps an accurate look at year 612 on the moon.

So many friends.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-13 at 12:03 AM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Oh I'd agree though we could argue finer points of pride versus arrogance as the best word here. I'm entirely sure this is deliberate on the part of Mrs Faust though. And definitely fodder for an episode's lesson.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Troll in the Playground

Fun fact: I've spent dinner sitting 15 feet from a Nobel prize winner
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Fun fact: I've spent dinner sitting 15 feet from a Nobel prize winner
    Which prize and did you ask them what they did with all the dynamite they won?

29. - Top - End - #749
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Its the "Leviathan" Trilogy. Leviathan, Behemoth and Goliath.
    If the last line in the description indicates a similarity, this story may interest you.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Which prize and did you ask them what they did with all the dynamite they won?
    This one and no...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!