New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXV: The Thread Everypony Should Know

new eps

Spoiler
    Show
    well, not really all that great of an episode.
    aside from the pony geneology bomb.
    a few snipets of pikie songs

I did enjoy the mid episode suddent mood change to exorcist/scary scene

but then they followed wth massive baby magical and flight ability? Really? So much fan expaining to do, cause the cake kids might just be the next generation elements or super babies.

who wrote this episode?
    Charlotte Fullerton.... not her best I'd say. probably a forced premise.
    it's filler status for me.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Best part about new episode?

Spoiler
    Show
    Steven Wright joke.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really know about Steven Wright beyond Wikipedia. Care to explain that one?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Altaria87 View Post
    New Ep:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, my first thought upon learning that two earth ponies can have a unicorn and a pegasus was that it means that Dinky being Ditzy Doo's child now has a canon, non-adoption explanation.

Also, while not the best episode ever, the episode was still fun and had a good lesson for the target audience.
    Spoiler
    Show

And that lesson is, never have kids

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't really know about Steven Wright beyond Wikipedia. Care to explain that one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of his more famous jokes is, "I poured spot remover on my dog, now he's gone."

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony interracial relationships confirmed for canon.
    First names for mr. and ms. Cake, through I haven't internalized them yet.
    young ponies can walk quickly, fast maturation confirmed.

Pinkie is eager to help, aren't allowed too before all other options are exhausted.
    Harder than you thought huh Pinkie, who would have guessed

song, not anything particularly special.

Beware of misplaced pride Pinkie, when you desperately wants help, then somepony assuming that you would want help is not negative, it just means that they know you.

By Celestia's mane those babies are crazy powerful! already flying around with a full grown pony at their age, or phasing through things.
    The cakes are going to have it rough until their kids grown up some more.

Ending as expected but still good.
    Last edited by vegetalss4; 2012-01-14 at 10:42 AM.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

New ep.

Spoiler
    Show

Hnnnng!

Hnnnng!

The Cakes are named. Time to update their cards.
    Yeah sure it makes sense Carrot. You and you anxiety stubble can rationalize having a unicorn and pegasus all you want.

Rarity explained Pumpkin's magic but what about Pound's fight. Why can't the older Scootaloo fly? Is Scootaloo stupid?

HNNG!

Carrot Cake. GOOD DAD! Helping out. Changing diapers. Burping the baby. Carrot Cake

Nice episode.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    new eps

Spoiler
    Show
    well, not really all that great of an episode.
    aside from the pony geneology bomb.
    a few snipets of pikie songs

I did enjoy the mid episode suddent mood change to exorcist/scary scene

but then they followed wth massive baby magical and flight ability? Really? So much fan expaining to do, cause the cake kids might just be the next generation elements or super babies.

who wrote this episode?
    Charlotte Fullerton.... not her best I'd say. probably a forced premise.
    it's filler status for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do find it hard to take the happenings of this episode literally, unless these two kids really are the next generation of superponies.

Given the change to a horror theme near the end, I really do think that Pinkie Pie at least partially hallucinated, or at least mentally exaggerated what was happening. Pumpkin cake magically snapped a metal chain on screen and Pound Cake was strong enough to fly Pinkie Pie through the entire house. That shouldn't be literally possible (alternately: earth ponies really are that oppressed by their superior classes).

Spoiler
    Show
    One of his more famous jokes is, "I poured spot remover on my dog, now he's gone."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, thank you. That's a nice homage and it's good to know they're doing even more shoutouts than I'm catching.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

New Ep (On Scootaloo):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was kinda obvious, since Unicorn babies have surges in magic, wouldn't a Pegasus baby be able to have a surge in their Pegasus magic (ie, flight)? Hence why Pound Cake can do all that crazy flying stuff, while Scootaloo as of yet can't.

An alternative theory I saw in the Equestria Daily comments is that at one point the baby's mass is small enough compared to their wing strength to fly, then they grow and they become too hevay to fly until either their wings strengthen or (my theory) their pegasus magic kicks in.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do find it hard to take the happenings of this episode literally, unless these two kids really are the next generation of superponies.

Given the change to a horror theme near the end, I really do think that Pinkie Pie at least partially hallucinated, or at least mentally exaggerated what was happening. Pumpkin cake magically snapped a metal chain on screen and Pound Cake was strong enough to fly Pinkie Pie through the entire house. That shouldn't be literally possible (alternately: earth ponies really are that oppressed by their superior classes).
    New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could just be a surge, something that may not carry on over into adulthood. Chaotic bursts of raw magic is how I choose to understand Rarity's explanation at the beginning. Most of the time they probably can't do such magic, or any magic at all, but every once in a while they get a surge and things go crazy.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...was hilarious! So much fun!

Oh and hey, I saw Derpy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the babies in the beginning was grey with blond hair. More proof that Derpy is a time traveller :P

But yeah, changing diapers with your mouth? Earth ponies got it rough.

Considering their talents, Pound Cake will be in the wonderbolts within a month and Pumpkin will soon be Celestia's new protege. :P

Scootaloo! You have no excuse for not flying!

Pinkie Pie was on top form today. And we got, what, two, three little songs? Piggy Pie!

Seriously though awesome ep was awesome.

But.... less than 15 minutes after the ep ended... there was this.

HOW!?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    It actually is (inch or so below my chin height when it's loose, in fact), Bleakbane was just rather restricted with what female heads he had for those figures.

Yeah, there was like, one. Also, turns out, as I was putting those away, I found I did actually have one in normal armour (though with a rifle, which Hopereaver doesn't tend to use), which had blue hair, which is even slightly closer to Hopereaver's actual colour.
    So Hopereaver's hair is blue? That red text sure threw me off ._.

So ponythread.

I have been giving some though to what the race of my kunai fleet should be, and after a very long wrestle with my conscionence, have decided to go with a pony-inspired concept.

I thus present the current, first pass, write up on: the Jalyrkieon.
    -snip-
    Very cool stuff! I can picture them in my mind quite well.

On guns, I would imagine in terms of appearance that they would be mostly just tubes; no need for handles when you have TK. I think the slide trigger mechanism that was suggested seems like a good idea.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can someone give me a good link to the new episode? Youtube keeps saying I need to be over 18 to watch it

WTF Youtube?
    We now stop this thread for this blatant self-promotion of my own webcomics

http://goldensorceress.smackjeeves.com/

HUGGBEES!!
    Interesting Fact: If you spin around while saying 'Huggbees' three times real quick, Pierre Salinger will appear. Only he'll have... a beard!
    also, some of my drawings and writing
    Awesome Demon girl avatar by GreenMuffin
    and now, back to the thread

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    [I love that they put in the Pinkie cannon and the muffin launches. I wanted to post that myself but wasn't sure if people here would appreciate the blood. Personally that's another one of those pictures I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand it's awesome for all the references, on the other poor Dash.
    And it has Zim in it!
    Well, here's the first few. Don't think I've seen any newer ones though.

Spoiler
    Show

This works!

On new ep: What's it called? Probably not on youtube yet but i'd like to check just in case. And if what i read in the spoilers is true, it has something about pony genetics, wich will certinly be entertaining for me
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-01-14 at 10:58 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, about Scootaloo, I don't see a problem. Have we ever heard Scootaloo or anypony say that she can't fly? Or seen her make a failed attempt at flying. Given that she has enough wing power to propel her scooter along, with two fillies and a grown Pinkie along for the ride, she must be able to fly too. She just doesn't do it often, maybe she prefers her scooter.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by littlekKID View Post
    Can someone give me a good link to the new episode? Youtube keeps saying I need to be over 18 to watch it

WTF Youtube?
    That isn't the episode. It's a joke vid.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

first thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    no more 1 room clinic..its an actual hospital now

Pinkie in the nursery...classic Pinkie

really? they would ask Rainbow? I'd trust her LESS than Pinkie to watch kids

is it just me or is Mrs Cake drawn a LOT slimmer?(so whats Snips and the new colt from last weeks' excuse for bein so tubby?

oh, Pinkie...stick to being a chicken

Nooooooooo! Madame LeFlour dont jump, you have so much to live for

Applebuck Season Redux?

WTF..1 month old and he can fly? yet Scootaloo cant???!!?!??!

Nom Nom Nom

unicorns can fly with their Levitation

passwall..pretty advanced for 1 month old...future cat burglar?

D'aww with the flour babies

Pinkie Pie Ow!! My poor Pancreas

2nd watching
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mrs Cake with the tray/bottles on her tail...more fuel for the theory that earth ponies magic gives them tails much more useable than the other 2 races

I'm not convinced on the "rotate to face any direction" arguement, though. You could rotate any weapon to fire in any direction as easily... And if your argument is that you don't need to look (very hard) at what you're shooting at...well, I frankly shudder to imagine what the amicide casualty rates for the Jalyrkieons would be. The very last thing you want is for your soldiers to ever start shooting weapons without aiming properly, especially when you get to a point where you're dealing the professional armies!
    try this...put your hand above your head with you fingers(barrels) facing forward...then rotate it to point at a threat behind you

now put your hand in front of you facing forward...a threat appears behind you...instead of just rotating the gun you have to rotate it AND move it to give you a clear shot around the "blockage" of your body

much like why they put tank guns in turrets instead of mounting them to the front of the tank as they did at first

of course instead of shotguns they could hover a minigun(or even a small calibre cannon) up there with a hopper of ammo being carried on their back...basically a tank setup
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-01-14 at 11:12 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #885
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlekKID View Post

WTF Youtube?
    Go to Equestria Daily and as soon as there is one posted, they'll link it. The highest quality version appears within 6 hours generally. From what kpenguin said at one point, we're not supposed to link to the episodes as per forum rules.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

More thoughts on new episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pound-Cake must be reference to Bam-Bam from The Flintstones, hence the abnormal strength. Still being able to fly at that age is ridiculous. Unless Scootaloo can fly and just chooses not to, still, we recall Fluttershy not being able to fly as a kid.

The surges of magic can also be a reference to Poof from Fairly Oddparents, as he could not really control his power. Remember Tara Strong played Timmy Turner there, so there is a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Go to Equestria Daily and as soon as there is one posted, they'll link it. The highest quality version appears within 6 hours generally. From what kpenguin said at one point, we're not supposed to link to the episodes as per forum rules.
    That's how it is on MMOC, we can't post full episodes anymore. Not sure if it's due to SOPA, or Hasbro, or what. If you're searching Youtube, though, I find it easier to search by the episode name, not the number.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-01-14 at 11:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a bit confused by this episode. I'm not sure why. I think it's the ending. She breaks down and cries, and that solves everything? Or is it that she accepts that she can't do it and tones down her energy some? Someone help me out here?

Things I liked: Pony genetics
    The Cakes asking everypony else BEFORE Pinkie. And asking Fluttershy FIRST.
    Pinkie using toon gags to help her: Plunger walking, pulling things out of hammerspace, offscreen teleportation...
    Refusing Twilight's help out of pride. Something I would do by accident myself.
    Frazzled Pinkie: Something adorable about that.
    Pinkie toning down her energy and WORKING during the letter. Sure, things can be fun and games, but sometimes it's WORK.

As for why Pound Cake can fly, perhaps weight ratios? He doesn't weigh enough to keep him grounded? Perhaps Scoots hasn't grown into her wings yet.
    Pumpkins casting must be instinctual. She probably can't do it on command once she gets older, and she probably has the power from the mentioned spell surges.

Hold up, did Pinkie ever put the diapers back ON? Oh, THAT can't end well....
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2012-01-14 at 11:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Altaria87 View Post
    New Ep (On Scootaloo):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was kinda obvious, since Unicorn babies have surges in magic, wouldn't a Pegasus baby be able to have a surge in their Pegasus magic (ie, flight)? Hence why Pound Cake can do all that crazy flying stuff, while Scootaloo as of yet can't.

An alternative theory I saw in the Equestria Daily comments is that at one point the baby's mass is small enough compared to their wing strength to fly, then they grow and they become too hevay to fly until either their wings strengthen or (my theory) their pegasus magic kicks in.

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

My theory regarding Pound Cake is that he seems to be an extremely physical baby. Notice how often he's hammering things? He's even beating his table when Pinkie goes to feed them. This is my excuse for why he can fly so early. Scootaloo might simply not have developed her wings as quickly. Though I do like the idea of pegasi using their innate powers to fly as well, would explain why their wings are so tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Again, about Scootaloo, I don't see a problem. Have we ever heard Scootaloo or anypony say that she can't fly? Or seen her make a failed attempt at flying. Given that she has enough wing power to propel her scooter along, with two fillies and a grown Pinkie along for the ride, she must be able to fly too. She just doesn't do it often, maybe she prefers her scooter.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

That makes sense too. She could just be like Fluttershy in that she's more comfortable on the ground.

Actually, speaking of Fluttershy, remember her flying capabilities? She was older than Scootaloo is now and was still having trouble, while the younger pegasi were rushing around without a problem. So yeah, different flight development speeds thoroughly confirmed. Either Scoot doesn't like flying or she's closer to Fluttershy when it comes to development speed.

EDIT:
    Pinkie'd!

Old Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Kyouhen; 2012-01-14 at 11:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

That's how it is on MMOC, we can't post full episodes anymore. Not sure if it's due to SOPA, or Hasbro, or what. If you're searching Youtube, though, I find it easier to search by the episode name, not the number.
    So what IS the episode name?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So what IS the episode name?
    Baby Cakes. Sorry, should have probably mentioned that, had the page open and everything. Speaking of which, future episodes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Two AJ episodes in a row up next. Character development finally? She's a joke around these parts about being as boring as a brick.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I made an iteration of Mask for a Mage tabletop that fell through, and that's essentially what she was. Travelling con artist who faked being wealthy because it made her feel better about herself.

There was a lot of Trixie in that iteration.
    I think I need to hug Mask now.
    (hugs Mask)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

That makes sense too. She could just be like Fluttershy in that she's more comfortable on the ground.

Actually, speaking of Fluttershy, remember her flying capabilities? She was older than Scootaloo is now and was still having trouble, while the younger pegasi were rushing around without a problem. So yeah, different flight development speeds thoroughly confirmed. Either Scoot doesn't like flying or she's closer to Fluttershy when it comes to development speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the thing about Fluttershy and her inability to fly (properly) when she was young may have had more to do with fear than actual ability. She seemed to fly just fine after falling to the ground.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

One thought on the new episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    They don't crawl.

In a nutshell why FiM is the best pony.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

passwall..pretty advanced for 1 month old...future cat burglar?

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't forget knock.

Pumpkin is a rogue replacing wizard
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-01-14 at 11:21 AM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

New episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    except for the fact that she has repeatedly been shown to absolutely and completely idolize Dash and want to be just like her
    ....and that means FLYING
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Episode thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a bit confused by this episode. I'm not sure why. I think it's the ending. She breaks down and cries, and that solves everything? Or is it that she accepts that she can't do it and tones down her energy some? Someone help me out here?

New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

Here's how I read it:
    Pinkie Pie wanted to do nothing but play with the babies, so when she tried looking after them all they saw her as was a playmate. Hence why they'd keep running around whenever she tried to do something seriously. When she broke down they tried to cheer her up the same way she kept cheering them up. As for why that solved everything, I was under the impression that that much magic and flying had finally tired the babies out. When they calmed down trying to cheer up Pinkie the exhaustion finally caught up to them and they went to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the thing about Fluttershy and her inability to fly (properly) when she was young may have had more to do with fear than actual ability. She seemed to fly just fine after falling to the ground.
    New Ep
    Spoiler
    Show

True, but she still can't carry as much weight when flying as Rainbow Dash can.

Old Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show

Because I just can't see this picture without fearing for my life.

Also yes, I'm going to post at least one non-spoiler thing with every post I make that's nothing but new episode spoilers to give everyone who hasn't seen the episode something to do.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    except for the fact that she has repeatedly been shown to absolutely and completely idolize Dash and want to be just like her
    ....and that means FLYING
    Spoiler
    Show
    I admit it is a little odd that we've never seen her fly, but I don't think it has to be because she can't. I can't see a reason why she shouldn't be able to fly. She's clearly not afraid of heights like Fluttershy or anything like that.

Have we seen other fillies/colts of her age flying, btw?

Also there might be other ways to be like Dash than to fly. What makes Dash special is not just her flight, but her coolness and awesomeness which you can be while doing other things, like racing on a scooter.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Two AJ episodes in a row up next. Character development finally? She's a joke around these parts about being as boring as a brick.
    Hey, it's not easy being the Straight Pony to the shennanigans of other ponies, and it's often considered being 'boring' or 'bland'. That doesn't mean AJ doesn't deserve any less love, she's a hero for being the Straight Pony and not resorting to deadpan snarkin' to be funny/interesting, a hero I say!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, it's not easy being the Straight Pony to the shennanigans of other ponies, and it's often considered being 'boring' or 'bland'. That doesn't mean AJ doesn't deserve any less love, she's a hero for being the Straight Pony and not resorting to deadpan snarkin' to be funny/interesting, a hero I say!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Oh, I"m with you, I love AJ. This explains well why she is the boring one of the group, but also why she is the most stable and mature.