New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Elezibethele's Chambers

With Wenomir's sword occupied - though Percival never intended that his mistress be stabbed - Percival enters the scene. Black ooze seeps from the wall, and Percy forms from the inky mass. He's now merely a mass of this shadowy substance, those soulless blue eyes burning with hatred. His smell, of course, likely gets much stronger.

Percy charges Wenomir, one of his transient limbs forming a jagged blade of blood and bone. This, he swings at Wenomir's sword arm, attempting to wound it viciously.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

[Elezibethele's Chambers]

Blast it. Wenomir hoped that this demon had run away with its tail between its legs. Oh well. Enough beatdown for everyone.
    Seeing a new enemy charging him from another direction, he drags the sword out of Elezibethele at a very painful, damaging angle and dodges her slash, but doesn't seem to do anything about Percival's charge... until he's very near, at which point Wenomir spins in a pirouette, backing away from both of them and aiming a roundhouse kick at Percival, trying to push him into his mistress.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Chambers

Elezibethele backs away, bleeding from her injury. She starts a chant in Abyssal, indigo stag beetle mandibles phasing into translucent existence growing from her forehead. Percival may find the same indigo light flaring around him as his musculature is magically enhanced and boosted.

Once the spell is complete, Elezibethele backs carefully towards her bed and specifically her bedside cabinet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #604

Wenomir's roundhouse kick lands, smashing Percival's gooey side and... probably sticking there. In fact, Wenomir may find a pair of vicious jaws clamped around his calve, merely trying to crush rather than pierce. The demon hardly even flinched from the blow.

Suddenly, Percival gains a surge of infernal strength. With Wenomir's leg still trapped, Percy laughs madly and brings both fists down upon the demon-hunter's knee, attempting to shatter it.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Luckily for Wenomir, his teleporting belt has had enough time to reacharge. He growls the command word and disappears in a flash. He reappears behind Elezibethele and aims a slash at her neck - not immediately, however. It takes him a second to recover from the teleportation.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Chambers

Elezibethele turns, sees Wenomir and dodges, but isn't quite quick enough. It's not an immediately fatal wound, but Elezibethele won't last many posts. She collapses to the floor, concentrating on not dying.

The indigo stag beetle jaws reappear from her forehead, marking that she's casting a spell. She's doing it silently due to the hole in her throat.

7. - Top - End - #607

Elezibethele's Chambers

"You coward!" Percival roars, charging the demon-hunter and attempting to deliver a bone-shattering blow to his ribcage.

Percy's true form is finally visible - an inky black creature, all lithe muscle and shifting teeth. His face is a blank, amorphous slate, colored only by fiendish ice-blue eyes and a crown of horns upon his head.

The demon does not truly know if he can defeat Wenomir, but he'll do anything to stay on this planet. Elezibethele's all that's keeping him here, or so he imagines.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir has no time to finish Elezibethele off, as Percival attacks and he needs to turn his full attention towards the demon.
    He jumps back onto the priestess' bed, dodging the blow, and tries to slash at the end of Percival's arm as it narrowly misses him.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Quarters

Elezibethele continues casting the healing spell, the hole in her throat slowly closing as the blood's escape route becomes narrower and more forceful as it closes and the pressure is restored. The wound in her shoulder closes as well.

Elezibethele is in no condition to do anything further in this post as the wound is still healing.

10. - Top - End - #610

Elezibethele's Quarters

Percy's hand is chopped neatly from his wrist. There was no time to morph or redirect the blow, and Percival screams in pain. Though that doesn't stop Percy's momentum - he likely plows into Wenomir and lands atop him. With the hand that's still there, he attempts to seize the demon-hunter's throat and squeeze. His arm, all the while, pulses with red light and seems to harden like a chitinous exoskeleton.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

[Elezibethele's Quarters]

Wenomir doesn't intend to let Percival land on him. He shifts his body weight, falling to his right and tumbling away, off the bed, then springing back to his feet immediately.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Quarters

Elezibethele finishes her spell and grabs her sword before slowly standing up. "You can't win, human. My faith shields me from death, and Percy has superior strength." She smiles viciously before starting another chant, her individual magical effect fading back into view. The spell does not activate this post, however.

13. - Top - End - #613

Percival hits nothing but bed, then. He stands and whips around to face Wenomir, growling and bleeding inky green stuff from his already withered stump. He makes no banter, merely takes a stance in front of Elezibethele and prepares to fight.

"Be careful, mistress. He could teleport again," says the demon, in a voice deep and inhuman.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-30 at 11:04 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir, as a point of fact, can't teleport again. The belt takes a while to recharge. Still, they don't have to know that...
    Now the demonhunter sees that Percival isn't attacking for a moment and decides to use the opening. He takes a step to the right, while his left hand becomes a blur of motion, snatching a knife from his bandolier and sending it flying at the priestess' throat. His gauntlet becomes of use again, as it greatly increases the force behind the dagger.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-30 at 11:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

The spell fizzles as Elezibethele hastily dodges the knife. It hits the wall, and likely bounces off the stone. Unless it's enchanted and likely to embed itself there. Frowning, Elezibethele ducks down, behind the bed, and starts chanting another spell now that she's confident she can't be seen. Her stag-beetle mandibles reappear.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Forest

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Outside the Hermitage Forest

"I think so," Justin says confidently. "How does it feel being heroes, you two?" he asks his comrades as sticks his hand in his vest pocket. He pulls out the remote for the collars to unlock them and take them off their hands. "And how does being free feel to the rest of you?"
    "'I'm not sure they know they're free," Brand says. Then he turns abruptly and makes it four steps before throwing up.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #617

Elezibethele's Room

"Are you going to fight, coward, or just keep dancing away?" Percy raises his hand, and a bolt of black energy fizzles into existence. It floats down into his open palm and rests there like a javelin, crackling with infernal energy. This he throws at Wenomir, attempting to impale the demon hunter. If it hits - wherever it hits - the weapon is designed to carry Wendy backwards and pin him against a wall.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-01 at 03:42 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

Wenomir smiles. It's always good when your enemies are frustrated. It means you're doing something right.
    And now Elezibethele is casting something again. The demon-hunter suspects that Percival is her bound demon servant, so if she dies, he might just vanish back to where he came from. Thus, she's a priority target, since he can't keep dodging both of them much longer. He ducks under Percival's javelin nimbly, tenses up and leaps forward in a powerful bound, landing on the bed and thrusting his sword at the hiding Elezibethele, aiming for the neck.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-02 at 03:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

Wenomir's sword skitters off a field of indigo energy, matching her beetle mandibles in hue. Elezibethele finished the shield of faith prayer just in time, it seems. Elezibethele quickly grabs her sword and rolls under the bed and starts crawling towards the other side. Her feet are still visible, should Wenomir wish to stab at her again; they are clad in chainmail, however.

20. - Top - End - #620

Elezibethele's Room

Percy never left Elezibethele's side - he's still standing by the bed. Though the demon is startled by the speed of this foe's attack. Fortunately, his Mistress is far more clever than any human, and she defends herself handily.

This failed attack gives Percival an opening. Percy attempts to sock him in the stomach. However, the demon doesn't expect his blow to land - Wenomir is just far too fast. The punch is a feint, a distraction, a way to force his foe back.

Behind the demon hunter, Percy's javelin has stopped midair, and with lightning speed it shoots back across the room, attempting to stab Wenomir in the back.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-02 at 04:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

[Elezibethele's Room]

Wenomir spins around again, the javelin missing his centre of mass and instead inflicting a long gash on his side. Ignoring the flare of pain through his ribs, Wenomir tries to cut Percy's hand off and follows through with a powerful stab through the bed with all the force he can muster - trying to punch through it and impale Elezibethele.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

"Aargh!" It sounds as though Wenomir has managed to hit Elezibethele through the bed, as that's not a scream of fear but one of pain.

Elezibethele won't be escaping from under the bed this post.

23. - Top - End - #623

Elezibethele's Room

Percy reels backward, just barely avoiding the loss of his other hand. He sees what Wenomir's done and growls with rage. In fact, he leans down to grab the bedframe - well, his stumpy arm just pivots it at the elbow - and flip the whole thing on end.

It's far easier to tip on its side when you're as strong as Percival. Perhaps Wenomir will hit his head on the stone floor or somesuch. In fact, if the sword is still stuck through the bed, the demon hunter might lose his grip.

In any case, this is merely a bid for escape - Percival doesn't see both he and his Mistress surviving a prolonged battle.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-03 at 04:21 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

[Elezibethele's Room]

Wenomir is surprised when the bed is tipped, but manages to hold on to his sword and therefore the bed, without falling over. Of course, it prevents him from doing much else at the moment as he sort of dangles there.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

When the bed is flipped, Elezibethele is rather startled. Wenomir's sword had hit her in the chest, and she's having some difficulty breathing and so can't chant a healing spell- Dalachrech is sparing with when He's willing to accept a prayer that is thought rather than chanted, as He feels devotion should always be displayed. Another one so soon after the last is not acceptable. Elezibethele doesn't move, and lies on the floor pointing at her bedside cabinet desperately.

26. - Top - End - #626

Elezibethele's Room

Percival's startled to find his Mistress wounded so badly. The demonazi turns on his heel and yanks open the cabinet. Snatching what he presumes is a potion, Percy passes it off to Elezibethele. "We have to go, milady. Your life is what's important." And she clearly won't survive this battle.

Meanwhile, Percy spins his javelin around again with a twitch of his finger, preparing to shoot it off when Wendy steps out again.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

[Elezibethele's Room]

Wenomir gets to his feet, pulls his sword out of the ruined bed and quickly steps around it, in a wide arc so as not to run right into his opponents.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele's Room

Elezibethele chugs the potion down, realising a bit too late that it was a torture healing potion. She stands up slowly, still in pain from being stabbed through the lung, something that will persist until the wound has healed naturally. Given that injuries usually fatal result means that it will probably be a while.

"Yes, quite. Hold on, and see if you can grab Mine, even if he's dead." Elezibethele starts chanting another prayer, hoping it will work. The indigo mandibles reappear, sprouting like horns from her forehead. Her voice is a bit croaky, but the prayer starts to change the shape of the outside wall, burrowing a hole through it by thickening the wall around it. The hole's as far away from Wenomir as possible, and probably behind Percy and Elezibethele, since the bed was against an inner wall and not that with the door to the corridor.

Of course, unless Percy can fly Elezibethele out, she'll have to cast another spell to get down as they're on the fourth floor.

Outside The Hermitage

"Cold, wet and vulnerable, Sir. This is the first time I has been outside since I arrived, Sir." Another ex-slave pipes up. "I have chosen a name, Sir. Daisy, Sir. Is it to your liking?" They both sound deferential, and have chosen 'sir' since they saw what happened when 'Master' was used.

29. - Top - End - #629

Elezibethele's Room - Outside

Flying is one of Percy's favorite powers. Although flying with more than one passenger is... difficult. Besides, if he grabs Mine, that gives the demon hunter all the more time to close in.

Rrrgh. He has to try. The demonazi makes a jerking motion, sending the javelin of DOOM back toward Wenomir for the final time. With that managed, he seizes Mine by his chains and shoves his limp body toward Elezibethele. "Hold on to him." Hopefully Elezibethele is already moving toward the hole in the wall. There's no time to waste.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Outside the Forest
    "'I'm not sure they know they're free," Brand says. Then he turns abruptly and makes it four steps before throwing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside The Hermitage

"Cold, wet and vulnerable, Sir. This is the first time I has been outside since I arrived, Sir." Another ex-slave pipes up. "I have chosen a name, Sir. Daisy, Sir. Is it to your liking?" They both sound deferential, and have chosen 'sir' since they saw what happened when 'Master' was used.
    Outside the Hermitage Forest

"Please, call me Justin, and whatever name you like I like. " Justin looks over to Brand, and sees him lose his lunch. "I'm going to go check on the little guy for a second. Split this among the group. It's food." He pulls out a bag full of candy bars from his duffle bag and hands them off to Daisy, before walking over to Brand. Pulling a plastic bottle of Coke out of his bag, he offers it to Brand. "Here, wash your mouth out with this. That was probably just the stress."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters