New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Temple Chapel

Brand sees the charade and starts to panic too. I didn't know what we were getting into. I didn't know it would be this hard. I didn't know what I was asking my friends to do...

Some part of him that is still coldly rational, the part that got him through the months in the slave caravan, decides that allowing the panic to show could be useful to appearing in character. So slave!Brand whimpers and cringes as he slowly edges away from the master and his rebellious bodyguard.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Chaple

"That's not going to work. Come on, follow me. The brute probably didn't feel that, and it doesn't fear you. I can change that." Elezibethele will walk down the aisle between the rows of pews to the large door at the end. There, she will turn left and go along the corridor and around the corner, stopping at a large, heavy-looking iron door about a quarter of the way along its length. Beyond the door is the Hermitage's Punishment Room, with eight sets of manacles dangling from the ceiling, a large wheel mounted on one wall and a brazier in the middle. The rest of the wall space is given over to whips, knives, spiked devices of unusual design and other torture implements. "Use whatever you want, but make sure you aren't gentle."

Mine was dragged here, if necessary.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Justin yanks his hand back in shock when Waterstrider snaps at it, his hand involuntarily forming a fist. And just like that, all the control had over the situation was gone. He could almost see it flutter away, right into Elizabethele's palm. "You stupid, stupid, animal!" he yells only half acting. Waterstrider had to improvise. If he had been obedient, Justin could have lied, wheedled, and connived his way out of anything he was asked of, and come out looking better for it. Fun while it lasted, but there was nothing he could do now.

"Thank you, my lady, for the chance to put my insolent mutt in his place." he says to Elizabethele in his most respectful tone. He has no clue how most of these pointy metal instruments work, so he'll settle for locking Waterstrider's wrists above his head and picking up a whip that looks just a bit the nastier side. "30 sounds like a good round number."

He'll begin to lash across Waterstrider's back. For the first few strikes, five or so, he'll mostly be thinking of the pragmatic losses of this, there's no way they'll be able to stay in the same room, Waterstrider will be physically weakened from this, there's no possible way for Justin to tell when control will come back to him. After that, he'll start thinking of what he's doing to his allies here. Brand and Waterstrider were both slaves, he couldn't possibly imagine what this action might be doing to them. How horrible it is to be on Waterstrider's end of the lash. With all the emotions going through his head, he tries his hardest to keep a stone face.

It feels like the lashing takes forever, and he can only imagine what it felt like to Waterstrider. In the end, he's breathing hard like he's angry, in truth he's it's a mix of shock and disgust at himself, his face leading others to believe his anger. "Had. Enough. WHELP!" He says each word slowly to prevent stuttering.

(Godmode permission apparently granted)

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage Torture Room

((One of Waterstrider's paws is missing, so wrist binding won't work. But I imagine Elizabethele has arm manacles that will do as well for putting his arms above his head.))

Brand is here, breathing heavily. He'd seen slaves whipped - had been whipped himself once. He'd seen his children's feet caned, which was still the worst thing he had ever seen in his life. But he'd been in a slave caravan. They'd had nothing like this torture room.

Involuntarily, he has an image of Tito, Lily, and Pansy in this room, before his brain slams shut on that thought and refuses to let him picture it in any more detail.

To avoid watching Waterstrider being whipped, he looks at Elizabethele's slave instead, and tries to gauge how he is responding to this scene.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage- Stables

Four hives of several thousand bees each. Mr. Squiggles is assured that none of them are giant, all small-sized bees. And they aren't parasitic wasps, either, so that's good, right?
    Stables

*chitter chitter*
    But... but... BEEEEEES.

Mister Squiggles visibly shudders before going to exit the stables. If it's partially open air, he'll climb the walls to do so.

*chitter*
    See ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Chapel

Justin will likely have to choose a knotted or mutli-lash whip in order to get through the thicker fur on Waterstrider's back. For the first half of the lashes, he glares right ahead, keeping himself from flinching. Initially, he believes this is a matter of his pride as a Wolfen. He needed to be strong. For himself, for Brand, and even his torturer. It's only at the 16th lash that he lets out a grunt of pain. It's more of a whimper, but it's enough to finally damage his pride, cracking it. Seeing Brand doing so much to avoid looking at him just makes the feeling all the worse.

Until the 25th lash, he only gives out whimpers and whines, blood staining his fur and dripping to the floor, and the final few lashes finally make him cry out. At Justin's commanding question, Waterstrider slumps in his restraints, head down and muscles slack as he fights the agony. "I...I deserve however many you wish to give...M-Master."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech]

Oh yeah! We have a scene in Riverside to carry on with, don't we? I'll get right on that after this post. Thanks for the veiled poke. I am, as you have no doubt already noticed, a irredeemably forgetful person.

As for the harsh, excessively abusive scene unfurling before Mine's eyes, Mine doesn't exactly know how to react to it. By that I mean, he likely isn't pleasing his "delightfully well-mannered" and "most graciously ignoble" Mistress with his actions. Sure, he was compliant and pliable enough to kneel at Elezibethele's feet and make no attempts to communicate so much as a solitary thought or convey a single word to the guests when they arrived, but this?

This scene is atrocious. Absurd. The interloper is an abomination, a mockery of his kind. Or perhaps he is the paragon of it, if what Elezibethele has told him of humans is correct...

Maybe Elezibethele wasn't manipulating him. Maybe she was being bluntly honest...

Is this how the world is? People cast into the ruts of wagon wheels, drawn under the turning circles of rotund men and women so that the world would or could have a chance at "advancement?" Why? Why would the gods allow this horrendous fate to befall justice-fearing men and women just trying to scrape their way through the drafty corridors life presents? The rough rock walls collapse at some point, but why should the journey be so arduous, tedious, and cruel?

Well, at least this other slave is lucky. He didn't get the full, gory treatment. He wasn't tortured much.

Mine takes solace in that fact. Still, he can't help but show his sympathy for Waterstrider's plight and a blossoming blood-red rose of hatred for the villainous Justin. He asks himself, in his mind, what benefits could intervention in this matter bring? None. He'd merely earn himself a place tacked to the wall beside that sorry creature, and that would do no one any good. Especially if that slave is truly a bodyguard. There is the possibility that this is an embodiment of karma, the wolf-beast receiving appropriate retribution for the blood he has spilled himself.

That didn't add up, though. What good would a damaged bodyguard be to a prodigal son? A paw isn't an expendable item for an "attack pooch." Why cut it off? An ignorant, unyieldingly daft sort of brute illustrating a point, likely. But then, why would the critter, now unfit for the primary purpose it once served, and defiant at that, not be sent straight off to the "knackers" or organ scavengers?

Mine grimaces at that thought. He can't spend even a moment of time looking down on Waterstrider's predicament.

He turns away, opting to glance up at his owner again.

He sincerely hopes that "the scent of blood" won't stir up her hunger again. The last thing he needs is to dine with the master incapable of feeling any remorse or compassion for his fellow sapient beings.

So...

Elezibethele might be right in her rendered judgement and condemnation of human-kind.

It serves this one right. As for the rest...

-------
    [Underside Temple]

But it must be linked to something! Aberrant things such as cannibalism don't go over well at all in the animal kingdom for no good, logical reason. It should, hypothetically, lead to the complete extermination of a species in areas where the dangers of mating with one of them are known and only a couple colonies of the species have gained a foothold.

Driders...hmm...

Would they be affected adversely by certain pesticides as well, seeing as their anatomy and oft'times their epidermal layer match that of common spider fairly closely?

A hint of a snarl overtakes Three's expression at the mention of the slaver who once owned her. She detests that repugnant creature, and has faith in the payment justice extracts on criminals. She envisions him lying, dead, covered in mud from head to toe, in a ditch, fed upon by feral badgers and other scavengers of the wild.

And all at once, Three's expression brightens again, almost as though she had never heard the man's name at all.

Three continues to purr. Methinks she may be a tad too feline in habit to be all human, though her anatomy would suggest otherwise. Three unabashedly blushes!

"Oh, Reverend Mistress. You do me too much honor. I could never amount to anything near the magnificent charmer you are."

A flattery contest! Fun!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

The beetle advises Mr. Squiggles not to leave; they have food, shelter, and are safe here. Outside in the wood, there's no aura to prevent them from attacking and being attacked, and there's stuff out there bigger than Mr. Squiggles, and not all of it is herbivorous. Also, the bee hives are currently hibernating; it's too early for the bees to be flying and pollinating yet.

Hermitage- Punishment Room

"You know how to use a lash; I didn't think you did. Well done. Personally, I don't state how many lashes they'll get so they always expect more." Elezibethele stood back and watched all of it, assessing his technique. It's also likely that she's being polite.

The attention to Waterstrider's punishment does mean she doesn't notice her slave staring at her in the manner that he is. Her blood lust, though, is apparently sated by what she just watched.

Underside Temple

In this instance, cannibalism is linked to curtaining so the male ensures the offspring are healthy by supplying his nutrients. However, the form of curtaining which just took place did not involve fertilisation, but the spider part of Charynrae's brain doesn't know that; it just knows that Charynrae just curtained, not that it can't result in offspring.

Charynrae would not be affected by pesticides as she has a magical ring to protect her from poison. Also, in sufficient quantities a pesticide may result in a human's death, whilst the short generation time in most invertebrates means they tend to quickly evolve a resistance to the pesticide used.

Also, Charynrae never bothered to learn the man's name, so Three didn't hear his name . "I do you as much honour as I think you deserve, and as my property you can't argue with it." Charynrae smiles, though, widely and happily. I admit that I suspect Three has a catperson in her relatively recent ancestry; perhaps a great-great-great grandparent, as opposed to a parent or a distant thousand-year-gone ancestor.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-02-17 at 08:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

*chitter chitter*
    Thanks for the warning.

It doesn't particularly stop him from leaving though. Good to know the bees are sleeping though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #100

Hermitage Punisment Room

Justin has take a moment before developing a nasty smirk. "Humility? That's a treat in itself. You've had enough, beast." He'll put the whip back and unlock Waterstrider, not bothering whether or not the wolfen falls to the floor. He'll then walk back to the priestess with a smile on his face. "You flatter me, my lady. I must have a knack, as I have rarely had a chance to use on before, though I have seen drivers and overseers at work many a time." Both true, by the way, but they normally ended with "and then I killed the bastard after taking his whip." "My lady, do you perhaps have somewhere to clean him up? Father demands him by my side, and I care for neither the scent of wet dog nor wolf blood."

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage Punishment Room

Brand watched the hatred play across Mine's face, and it made him feel a little better, to know this one was not completely broken. That he still thought it cruel for others to be whipped.

He cringes at Waterstrider's tone, blaming himself. Waterstrider was more than a friend to him. He had protected his wife and children. He was family. And Brand had brought him to this place, exposing him to this.

It's for a good cause. If we can rescue this slave, and any more who are here, he'll agree that the stripes on his back were well earned.

I hope.

But first, he had to try and get more information.

"Master? I need to prepare your meal, if it is to be on time," Brand says, in a suitably meek tone.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider collapses to his knees as soon as he's released, all the strength gone from his body and mind. He looks pitiful, unable to stand for the moment with extremely submissive body language. He doesn't even let out a whimper.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underside Temple]

Yep! I am well aware of that fact, given that my recent absence was caused, in part, by a lengthy research paper I constructed on insecticides that was, happily enough, inspired by yourself.

DDT was a notorious mammal killer. More noteworthy than any other pesticide, in my book, because it was the first one to be commercialized or produced. It set the bar.

I will say that the application method and range of a spraying usually is indicative of insect recovery time, as one of the reasons why pest populations boom back after a treatment is because of neighboring colonies that survived entirely untouched by the insecticides.

All in all, predators make better control caps. It is a pity that most pesticides decimate their populations as well, if not directly than indirectly by massacring their food sources.

Name. Title. 'Tis all the same to me.

"You are correct, as alwaysss, Reverend Missstressss. Might I have finagle my way into obtaining the permissssion to call you by your real name in private? It isss a beautiful word."

Let's hope that Charynrae's rational brain segment stays in control, then!

And for a time, OoC, I'll leave Three's heritage alone and unexplained until it is brought up IC, if that ever occurs.

I'll only say that she was born in the year of the tiger. Do factor the fact that she was allegedly discovered alone in the woods and taken into captivity therein. At that point she was already fluent in Common, to some extent, though it is not her native tongue. She couldn't have lived a life of isolation from birth to adulthood. It wouldn't be feasible and it wouldn't explain her sibilant accent.

Odd that she would be living all alone in relative seclusion, given that she favors the company of other sapient beings so much.

-------

Ouch! Mine is surprised that the wolfen hasn't crumbled into a trembling mass of flesh after that treatment. It was obviously intensely deleterious to his health, but he isn't very vocal about it. He didn't cry or scream much. That would have displeased Elezibethele, he reasons. It is a good thing this slave isn't one of her belongings, then!

Mine doesn't pay attention to Brand. He'll sit in his spot soberly, taking no joy in the punishment and possibly refusing to acknowledge Justin's diminishing humanity. He won't glare though. He was still hurting from last time.

Justin is an enemy of his. That much is clear to him. He is a rival vying for Elezibethele's affections. He won't have them because he is a lowly human, but Mine doesn't want another slave he might deliver upstaging him and becoming Elezibethele's new favorite!

No! No, no, no, no, no!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-17 at 10:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

The snow spider and the beetle won't stop Mr. Squiggles from leaving. Outside the stable is a continuation of the clearing, though it doesn't have the trapdoor spiders that surround the rest of the Hermitage. Beyond that is the thick pine forest that surrounds the Hermitage.

"We have two types of healing potion available- one that works as usual, and one that doesn't inform the nerves that it's healing the wound. I prefer the latter; the slave can work without harm, but it still hurts them." Elezibethele holds two healing potions up. "Don't worry about that; we have our own slaves here to cook and clean. I'll tell the guards to assemble them for a meal."

Underside Temple

Didn't DDT also cause the eggshells of predatory birds to thicken, or am I confusing it with a different chemical used on rabbits?

And etymogically speaking, 'decimate' is the wrong word to use; strictly speaking, it means to 'remove one in ten'. After a pesticide, there's less than one left for every ten insects before the application.

"Of course, Three. Although I need to rename you, now; you're not my third slave, after all. You're my first slave, but calling you One would get confusing, wouldn't it? So what's your name, Three?" Charynrae smiles. At this point, Three could say any word at all and Charynrae would accept it; she's letting Three name herself.

I'm glad to be an inspiration. Also, I know of two other forms of cannibalism regularly performed by a small segment of the animal kingdom.

15. - Top - End - #105

"The standard, my lady. Making a slave work through pain is a fine punishment, but in an emergency, when I would actually need him, it would be an unnecessary distraction." He gives a bow of thanks to Elizabethele. "As for the meal, my lady, may my servant be lead to the kitchen as well? He knows what I like better than anyone." He turns to brand for a short order. "If our lady says yes, cause no trouble, and bring the tray to me yourself. I'll have you back as soon as possible, understand. I expect better from you." The voice he uses is calm and collected, but stern. Out of character, he realizes this is Brand's chance, but he doesn't want him taking any unnecessary risks.

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Brand makes another bow. "Yes, Master." He's very relieved that Justin had a plausible excuse for using a normal healing potion on Waterstrider.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Chapel

Waterstrider lifts himself up to a kneeling position. "The pain won't distract me, Master." He forces out as he makes himself stand. The burning agony in the wounds was great, but to someone who's lost a paw, it wasn't as bad and somewhat bearable now that the flogging itself has stopped. "But as you wish."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

Mister Squiggles pauses and sticks his head back in.
    *chitter chitter*
    Which way to the Hermitage?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Mine doesn't have much to contribute to this conversation. This is primarily due to his current lack of tongue as well as his orders not to engage the visitors in any form of verbal or nonverbal communication.

He has withdrawn mentally from the ongoing scene, pushing it out of his mind with near religious fervor.

Though Mine does appear somewhat distant and apathetic now, it is evident that this is a forced expression.

-------
    [Underside Temple]

Quite the opposite, actually, if my recollection processes aren't flawed. DDT has an adverse effect on bird eggs in that it thins the eggshell, sometimes causing a clutch of eggs to burst as they are incubated by their nesting mothers.

Terrible stuff, that DDT is.

And decimate is just a nice word to use. Annihilate would misrepresent the situation just as much.

"Uh..."

Three stutters as her courage falters. This is her name. What Charynrae will identify her with for the remainder of her mortal life.

Should she choose to be known by her real name or her human name? The second is the optimal option. Three doubts that Charynrae would have an easy time of pronouncing the first. Three's vocal compartments, parents, and adopted parents are strange examples of life. They all are outliers through and through.

"My name isss Sssylvia."

"Isss that desssignation accceptable to you, Charynrae?"

How Three Sylvia does cherish the honor of being able to say Charynrae's name.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

The stable is built into the Hermitage's basement, accessed through a large, open arch in the side of the fortress. There's no way into the Hermitage from the stables, though, so Mr. Squiggles will have to go around to the front door. Which is currently closed and barred, plus the stable is the only part of the Hermitage which is not surrounded by giant trapdoor spiders. So Mr. Squiggles can enter and leave the stables easily, but getting into the Hermitage is much harder.

"If a bodyguard is not acclimatised to pain, they are useless. A bodyguard cannot expect to feel no pain protecting his master." Regardless, Elezibethele hands over the unaltered healing potion. "Sure, your slave can help cook the meal and deliver it. If you are afraid about poisoning, don't worry; I can have one of my slaves eat some of it first if you want. I'll call one of the guards to escort your halfling to the kitchen." Elezibethele's hand absent-mindedly seeks out Mine's head and begins to gently stroke it.

Underside Temple

"Sylvia. Yes, I like that name. Very much, in fact." Charynrae doesn't seem to notice the hesitation. Charynrae also seems to enjoy saying Sylvia too.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage- Stables

Mister Squiggles actually just intends to walk up the side of the wall to the roof.

Though that might be dependent on how well guarded the place is. He'd much rather get up there without other giant spiders seeing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #112

"As I wish, indeed!" he tells Waterstrider. "Thank you, my lady," he says taking the potion from her. He could make an arguement about his point, but he has the potion and Elizabethele thinks she's smart, so why push it? "Before you go, give this to the mutt, then be on your way." He says passing on the potion to Brand. "And poison, my lady? I would never suspect such a thing from a holy woman."

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Brand takes the potion and carries it to Waterstrider. Since the Wolfen is already standing, he can only hand it to him, giving his paw a squeeze - ostensibly to make sure he has a grip on it before Brand lets go. It's the only support he can offer his friend. Trying to make eye contact would be too conspicuous with their height difference. Too dangerous, as it might lead to Brand bursting into tears of guilt.

He waits until Waterstrider has finished drinking it, then follows the guard to the kitchen. Unless there's an obvious place in the punishment room for used potion bottles, he'll carry it with him to wash the bottle while he's preparing the meal.

Of course if Elizabethele direct him to place the flask anywhere else, he'll obey.

@V: I think you mean Brand, not Justin.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-19 at 08:33 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Chapel - Punishment Room

Waterstrider takes the potion gently in his good paw before drinking it slowly, making sure that every drop is gulped down. Wordlessly, he'll kneel back down as it works and offer it back to Justin.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Torture Chamber]

Mine receives pets! He's receptive enough to them. He won't purr like Sylvia would, though. He's not weird like that.

He has to seek out and take pleasure in the small comforts of life. That's all he has really ever had.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Kitchen]

I'm guessing that the 4 male largely human slaves of the Hermitage are being assembled here for kitchen duty?

-------
    [Temple of Dalachrech]

Charynrae and Sylvia. They are wonderful names for elaborate characters.

"Ssso, what are your new commandsss, Charynrae? Am I to perform the sssame dutiesss as before or are there better ways in which I may ssserve you?"

Sylvia enthusiastically asks.

Edit: Doh! *Facepalms!* There are 4 male slaves, not eight! I was thinking of all of the slaves added together without including the deadtimed Eericka!

Here's a checklist for easy reference!
    3 Human Males
    1 Lizardperson Male
    (3) Azurelle's Triplets (1 is currently out and the other 2 are locked up in a nearly secret cell)

And there's Mine too.

I'm not sure whether or not Eericka is here, honestly. I'm debating it at the moment. I want to play her again, but I'm not giving up on my hope that Murkus shall eventually return yet!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-20 at 06:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

"I serve the Lord of Invertebrates. His creatures regularly use poisons and venoms both as a defence and as a means of killing their prey. The ettercap scout that brought you here, the aranea guards and Azurelle's snow spiders are all venomous. I use a giant bombardier beetle as transport most of the time; that sprays acid rather than use poison. Besides, you have no idea who I am; for all you know, I have been employed by one of your enemies and I'm not really a priestess, merely a well-disguised assassin." Elezibethele is more of an unholy woman than a holy woman anyway. Elezibethele also calls for an aranea guard to lead Brand to the kitchen.

Also, Elezibethele lies- her usual mount was loot from a random encounter. It involved an owl going to the toilet down her cleavage.

Hermitage- Kitchen

The aranea (who is currently wearing his human form, and appears to be a perfectly normal and plain-looking man wearing chainmail and armed with a spear and shield) will lead Brand through corridors and up stairs to a kitchen located above the chapel. The eight slaves should be here; seven humans and a scaled reptile-man.

Underside Temple

"I will no longer order you to do anything, but I would prefer it if you did what I asked you to do. Beyond that, you have no duties, save be available for whenever I need you. But first, I need to change your branding scars. I'll cut them off with a dagger and replace them with my personal mark. Would you like to be awake for the procedure, or should I use Dalachrech's blessing to put you asleep first?" Charynrae doesn't actually know if magical sleep is an effective anaesthetic, so there's no guarantee it will work.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage - Kitchen

Brand bows to the guard, and then moves into the kitchen. Eight more slaves. Eight. This was worse than he'd feared. "My name is Brand, and my Master is a guest of your Mistress," he says, by way of introduction. He'd need to get them talking if he was going to learn anything. "She allowed me access to the kitchen to prepare my Master's meal."

He takes off his pack to remove food and cooking implements. It was part of his disguise for them to look like they were travellers who might not have found shelter before nightfall, in which case he'd have been preparing this meal over a fire.

((Are the 8 slaves PCs or NPCs, and who plays them?))
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-20 at 06:23 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

"I serve the Lord of Invertebrates. His creatures regularly use poisons and venoms both as a defence and as a means of killing their prey. The ettercap scout that brought you here, the aranea guards and Azurelle's snow spiders are all venomous. I use a giant bombardier beetle as transport most of the time; that sprays acid rather than use poison. Besides, you have no idea who I am; for all you know, I have been employed by one of your enemies and I'm not really a priestess, merely a well-disguised assassin." Elezibethele is more of an unholy woman than a holy woman anyway. Elezibethele also calls for an aranea guard to lead Brand to the kitchen.

Also, Elezibethele lies- her usual mount was loot from a random encounter. It involved an owl going to the toilet down her cleavage.

"Please, my lady, I hope you do not think me fool enough to believe no one in the world wishes me ill, but I find it unlikely you would be an assasain." He'll return the whip to it's place on the wall before elaborating. "Were you an assasain, then you would have already lost your best opportunity to kill me. The dog was down, the halfling is no use in a fight. Now he's back on his feet." He puts on a grimacing face. "But nasty hypotheticals are of no use to either of us, my lady. May we away to someplace we may discuss the contracts I will bring to my father."

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage - Punishment Room

Waterstrider can be skipped unless it's necessary for him to respond somehow. He'll follow Justin as needed.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage - Outside

Mister Squiggles waits until he thinks he wouldn't be seen and then goes to try and climb the outside of the Hermitage and reach the roof. By walking. Like a spider.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast