New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Hermitage- Altar Room (Percy)

Not maggots; maggots are fly young. They're baby beetles, so they're grubs. The difference is like calling a baby sheep a calf. Or a baby dog a lamb.

Percival gets a vision now. He sees a collection of rocky isles sticking up out of a sea of beetles; chained to the isles are various people and beings that have displeased Dalachrech- the beetles rise up to eat the victims twice a day, and twice a day they regenerate their lost flesh. The only other landmark visible is a massive mountain, too far away to judge its height. Percy swoops off, low over the sea of beetles for what seems like hours and also seconds, headed towards that mountain. When they arrive at a shore, beyond is a desert and Percy flies over that for longer than he did the sea. The sands are crawling with massive scorpions, giant centipedes, thri-kreen and scorpion-people. His destination is still the mountain, though its shape isn't quite as mountainous as most mountains, and instead resembles more a gigantic termite mound, although one surely larger than Everest. After the desert are hills, interspersed with constructions by termites, ants, wasps and bees, though most of the builders are larger than horses.

After what seems an eternity and less than a minute, the termite mound is close, and it's dotted with holes and caves for ventilation, entry, exit, and other more obscure functions- it's certainly not a defensible fortress, but that doesn't seem to matter. When Percy enters it, he'll see why- within, it's a space-defying labyrinth of twisting tunnels, dead ends and forks beyond counting, and Percy passes thri-kreen, spiders, termites, bees, wasps, all sorts of mundane and massive invertebrates and even the occasional blind snow-elf in chitinous armour.

Percy's destination is at the heart of the termite mound, and the heart of the layer too. Dalachrech's throne room. Percy lands before a colossal purple centipede with three scorpion tails, a pair of praying mantis claws, and the head of a tiger beetle. What does My servant want to know of Me? The voice reverberates within Percy's mind, the place the vision is taking place; it causes slight ripples in the image.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Hermitage -To Slave Quarters

Waterstrider is indeed giving the heads-up and makes a quick warning gesture before following the others into the room, claws twitching in anticipation of a fight.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage - Azurelle's room

Brand hides in here with the others. Go away, scary centipedes, go away!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riverside Temple- Kail

The Temple seems to be just another semi-detached house from the outside, with a nice red door, black slate roof, a garage and a lawn separated from the attached house by a tall hedge. The house to which it is detached is also semi-detached, with a green door, overgrown garden, red tile roof and a pile of rotting logs stacked next to the door.

Beyond the front door, however, and a completely different scene is revealed. The altar room is long, stretching across the ground floor of both houses, the intervening walls demolished and replaced with ornate doric columns where necessary. At one end of the room sits an altar, an ornate table covered with a sheet of red velvet upon which rests a golden idol representing a centipede-like creature with claws like a praying mantis, three scorpion tails and the head of a ground beetle. Many rows of pews fill the surviving space. Upon one of the pews sits a young catgirl, aged perhaps fourteen or fifteen, with long blonde hair and short fur on her ears and tail. She's wearing a short blue skirt and a matching sleeveless t-shirt.
    [Riverside Temple - Kail]

Kail strides into the temple confidently, but slowly. It's quite clear at this point that she's carrying a child, and anybody that knows her knows it's been a very hard pregnancy so far, leaving Kail in pain more often than not and even keeping her up at night save for when she is truly exhausted. The clerics have likely been helping with that, but it's still very difficult for her to move too much. Not that she's letting a little pain stop her now - No weakness. She will have no weakness.

She moves over to the catgirl. Her belly isn't quite making her waddle yet, but it's affecting her movement. "You there, feline, Can you take me to Azurelle?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Azurelle's Room

Azurelle has a large, four-poster double bed in her room, and the walls are decorated with breastplates, helmets, shields and weapons taken from defeated foes. Interspersed with these signs of military prowess are some rather erotic pieces of art, most of it featuring unclad ladies and only a few with any sign of males. Standing in a corner, looking slightly out of place, is a finely polished suit of white enamelled platemail complete with a shield bearing the device of a stern, green face surrounded by leaves. Whilst most of the equipment on the walls seem to have been used in battle, the platemail is shiny, polished and looks to have never been used. The bed is rather plain, though there's two manacles at the foot of the bed, each attached to a different post. A wardrobe stands in the corner, next to a rather plain door. A chest is at the foot of the bed, with a whip and two cruel-looking knives resting on it. The knives are too thin for combat, the wrong shape for the kitchen and too sharp for most other purposes. The room looks rather similar to the one in which Justin, Brand and Waterstrider stayed the night; it's built to the same plan, though the decorations differentiate the two.

Riverside Temple- Kail

The catgirl nods and leads Kail to the far wall and presses a hidden button, revealing a staircase. Kail will be led up the stairs to a landing of many doors, then up another stair case to a similar landing. The catgirl will then knock once on one of the doors and pokes her head round and shakes her head- it's Azurelle's room whilst she stays here, but she's not in. The catgirl instead heads to a storeroom with piles of boxes in it and a ladder leading into the attic. She'll climb the ladder and peek into the attic, ducking down to nod at Kail.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Azurelle's Room

Door closed begins them, Justin starts to look a bout the room for a bit. He figured this chick would be a sadist, but not that she would display it so openly. He always considered that to be something you kept in a locked back room. He scans about the room for anything poachable, keys, coins, jewelery, he's also hoping for a journal, something to tell him how to hurt this religion the worst. He moves quickly, intending to leave when the coast is clear.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Azurelle's Room

Brand doesn't know what Justin is searching for, but he'll help anyway while Waterstrider stands guard. He'll start by trying to open the chest and removing contents for examination. If the chest is locked, he'll move on to the wardrobe. He doesn't have lockpicking skills.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

The catgirl nods and leads Kail to the far wall and presses a hidden button, revealing a staircase. Kail will be led up the stairs to a landing of many doors, then up another stair case to a similar landing. The catgirl will then knock once on one of the doors and pokes her head round and shakes her head- it's Azurelle's room whilst she stays here, but she's not in. The catgirl instead heads to a storeroom with piles of boxes in it and a ladder leading into the attic. She'll climb the ladder and peek into the attic, ducking down to nod at Kail.

A Ladder.

Ugh, this was going to suck.

Kail will start climbing when the catgirl gets out of the way, heading up to the attic. As said, the baby she's carrying isn't an extreme amount of weight just yet, but Kail is sore all over and it is larger than most babies at five months of pregnancy.

Once she's climbed into the attic, Kail will compose herself. No need to look like she's in as much pain as she is. "Azurelle?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

Up the ladder is the attic, a long room with a pointed ceiling that meets the floor, with no real walls. The sloped walls/ceiling has racks of whips and knives and other torture implements on the walls. Hanging from the apex are a row of manacles, in which is a nude female drow elf, currently being whipped by a nude human female. To one side stands a tall female aasimar wearing a blue silk dress. Her hand is resting on the back of a female tiefling wearing dark clothing.

The aasimar is Azurelle, and she's examining the human's technique in whipping the drow and giving the occasional pointer. (The human's played by the Alexandrian, the tiefling by C'nor and the drow by iElf).

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

"Azurelle? I would like to speak with you about the orders. I understand you lead the paladins, yes?" Kail is doing her best to be somewhat formal here. It's certainly not perfect, but at least it's an attempt.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"Grand Mistress Azurelle D'Langley, or Grand Mistress for short. At the moment the only paladin. Who are you, and what do you want?" The aasimar glances up and takes Kail in, looking her up and down in quite a predatory manner, though she frowns a bit when she notices the pregnancy.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kail Haeson," she says, "I'm here to join the Order of Paladins because I'm much better at fighting than giving sermons. I also want the child I'm carrying to grow up knowing how to fight, and I can't teach."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"Done. I won't say no. I would like you to also know that no matter what happens to you, your child has a guaranteed place in the Order, along with any siblings that may be forthcoming in the future." Azurelle herself would be a paladin, but she was kicked out of training after her father, a paladin in the order training her, was killed.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Kail nods, "Good to know. Are you aware that Blagzrukel is the father?" That may be an important bit of information. May as well make sure it's known, "It's made the pregnancy hard, and I feel you should know in case it complicates matters."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-05 at 08:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Halfling in the Playground

Hermitage- Altar Room (Percy)

Not maggots; maggots are fly young. They're baby beetles, so they're grubs. The difference is like calling a baby sheep a calf. Or a baby dog a lamb.

Percival gets a vision now. He sees a collection of rocky isles sticking up out of a sea of beetles; chained to the isles are various people and beings that have displeased Dalachrech- the beetles rise up to eat the victims twice a day, and twice a day they regenerate their lost flesh. The only other landmark visible is a massive mountain, too far away to judge its height. Percy swoops off, low over the sea of beetles for what seems like hours and also seconds, headed towards that mountain. When they arrive at a shore, beyond is a desert and Percy flies over that for longer than he did the sea. The sands are crawling with massive scorpions, giant centipedes, thri-kreen and scorpion-people. His destination is still the mountain, though its shape isn't quite as mountainous as most mountains, and instead resembles more a gigantic termite mound, although one surely larger than Everest. After the desert are hills, interspersed with constructions by termites, ants, wasps and bees, though most of the builders are larger than horses.

After what seems an eternity and less than a minute, the termite mound is close, and it's dotted with holes and caves for ventilation, entry, exit, and other more obscure functions- it's certainly not a defensible fortress, but that doesn't seem to matter. When Percy enters it, he'll see why- within, it's a space-defying labyrinth of twisting tunnels, dead ends and forks beyond counting, and Percy passes thri-kreen, spiders, termites, bees, wasps, all sorts of mundane and massive invertebrates and even the occasional blind snow-elf in chitinous armour.

Percy's destination is at the heart of the termite mound, and the heart of the layer too. Dalachrech's throne room. Percy lands before a colossal purple centipede with three scorpion tails, a pair of praying mantis claws, and the head of a tiger beetle. What does My servant want to know of Me? The voice reverberates within Percy's mind, the place the vision is taking place; it causes slight ripples in the image.
    Huh. I always thought 'grub' was just a general word for infant insects.

Percival's open mind is filled without warning, and before he can understand what's happening the demon is soaring over his new lord's domain, staring wide-eyed at the creeping, crawling things below. It is both a grotesque and amazing little journey, far faster than Percival could ever hope to fly on his own. When he finally enters the ominous mound at such speeds, Percy is momentarily overtaken by an intense claustrophobia.

When he finally touches down, astral-Percy looks up in shaken awe. The Lord of Invertebrates certainly knows how to introduce himself. After a moment, the evil soul stands at attention like a proper soldier, trying to compose himself properly. He's seen worse than Dalachrech - not by much, but the Abyss is an impossibly terrible place.

"How I might serve you best, Lord," He bows his head humbly. "I know too little of you and your ways. How might I best enact your will on the Material Planes?" He's starting to think asking Elezibethele about their goals might have been a better idea. He reported to his Lords directly in the Abyss, even if he was a minor servant, but Dalachrech seems... even farther out of his league.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-06 at 08:09 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"Blagzrukel is a loyal follower of Dalachrech. The father of your child is not important. If anything, its heritage makes it more likely to choose the path of paladinhood, or if not cleric." Azurelle turns her attention back to the drow's whipping. The predatory gleam in her eyes makes it clear that she'd rather be doing the whipping, though she enjoys this as well because both participants are under her power.

Hermitage- Altar Room/Vision

Do as Elezibethele bids, or if you meet them, do as Terrowin or Defelent asks. Terrowin supersedes Elezibethele, but use your discretion with regards to conflicting orders between Elezibethele and Defelent. If Elezibethele plans to kill Terrowin or gets bored of waiting for him to die, inform Me immediately. I ask little from My followers; when you aren't acting on orders, your time is your own. I'd prefer it if you spent that time spreading My gospel and converting new worshippers, but I care little. I have more important things to do. The voice continues to make the mind-scape ripple.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Kail will find a place to sit and watch as well. it's a fairly interesting spectacle to her as well, all things considered.

A few kicks from the baby make her put her hand on her stomach, wondering what it's going to end up looking like. It hurts to carry him - for she knows it's a male. She just knows - but... it's sort of nice. A lot of people make allowances for her due to her pregnancy, "Good to know."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"Have you got any experience with torture, Kail? Either receiving or performing?" Azurelle can't test Kail's resistance to torture at the moment, nor how good she is with weaponry, due to the pregnancy. She can, however, test how good Kail is with a whip, her knowledge of anatomy and pressure points.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

"I learned it while I was an adventurer, alongside a Half-Dragon named Harnel. I also know some minor magic tricks that can be some of the most excruciating pain the subject has ever experienced."

This is all said in a tone that suggests Kail is entirely fine with this knowledge, and how to put it into practice.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"Really? I would be interested in learning these magical tricks." That attracts Azurelle's attention. She continues fondling Despair's wings through her top, but glances over at Kail. The tone is noted, too; Kail's already fine with torture, which is good because it's something she'll have to learn to be a paladin. Also how good she is at resisting interrogation.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

"Here, one of them." she takes a knife off of her belt and begins carving a symbol into a plank of wood, potentially in a table if she can find one easily enough. once the rune is carved, it flashes briefly before wooden spikes start jutting from the plank it was carved into, "This rune makes whatever it's carved into warp until it's hollow, the inner parts of it turning into spikes that jut out. Imagine carving this into someone's femur."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

There's no planks lying around, and nor is there a table, but the floor is made of wooden boards which might be used. "Oh, my. Yes, I can. Is there a way to reverse it?" If there is, she might use it on her personal slaves; if not, she'll use it on people she doesn't want alive after she's finished with them.

Also, she really can imagine carving it on somebody's femur.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not directly, but if you use healing spells the body returns to its normal shape. the symbol loses its power after the first use, but can be carved again as many times as necessary." Kail says. she's always found this particular rune useful, "if you're trapped, you can also use it to affect the structural integrity of whatever you're trapped in. I've used it on doors before."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"When you said inscribing it to somebody's femur, would the femur need to be exposed, or will it work carved into the flesh?" Both have their advantages and disadvantages there.

Also, Azurelle knows exactly whom she'll try them on.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

"The power of the runes that I know lies in their structure, and skin and muscles move too much to work well. It'd have to be directly inscribed onto the bone. of course... getting to the bone can be as much fun as watching the rune take control," Kail smiles, "Just remember, the structure of the rune has to be very precise, so a fine tool and slow, precise workmanship is often best, for multiple reasons."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

This conversation is certainly a rather worrying one for Despair/Wussy, Toy and Mel'ara, though I suspect the latter two may be too distracted by other things to be paying attention.

"So all the runes need to be directly inscribed in bone? Or could I simplify things by using a knife, plunging it in and carving the rune on that afterwards?" Since it would destroy the knife, it would also leave shards of metal behind when it's pulled out. Nails, wooden spikes, and similar objects are also intended with this question.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sorry, but while it's very good, it's limited in use. yes, it would have to be inscribed directly onto the bone. However, as the bone is then hollow, there's not much stopping it from being shattered in multiple places," ooooh, utility, "I have three other runes if you wish to hear of them."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-07 at 07:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"I meant could I stab somebody and put the rune on the implement I stabbed them with. But I would be interested in what the other runes did, yes. Very interested." Azurelle smiles warmly. It's a pleasant smile, brought on by very unpleasant thoughts.

Also, Kail mentioned Harnel early on. Does this mean that Harnel the Character is a practised torturer?

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

As a matter of fact, he is. He just doesn't like that fact

"Oh, in that case, yes. In fact, you could inscribe the rune onto the knife well beforehand and then simply delay activation until the blade is where you wish it to be."

"The next rune I have to offer slowly turns what it's carved into to acid. The third rune makes it extremely attractive to maggots and other insects. Considering the object of worship in this religion, that should see a lot of use. And finally, the last rune makes whatever it is inscribed up wither the living matter around it, causing muscles to atrophy and skin to mollify in seconds." Kail grins, "However, I offer these to you at a price. Magical knowledge is often something to be bartered for, after all. Do you have a good offer for me?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Kail

"I like you, Kail, and you already have a place in the Order of the Centipede, training to begin as soon as you are able, so I have little to offer you. Except, perhaps, two things. The first is a slave market, hidden in Riverside. I know where it is, how to find it and how to access it. I bought Toy and her sisters there." Azurelle gestures to the human slave when she mentions Toy. The other thing she has to offer isn't mentioned yet.