Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Riverside Temple

It'll be about a day before Cassidy returns. When she does, she is in the same trenchcoat as before, but without any weapons. She looks for the mute catgirl at the entrance.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

When she sees Cassidy, the catgirl will smile and open the door for her, following her in before going to find Defelent upstairs.
    Semper in faecibus suvum, sole profundum variant.

Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I have a point!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #843

Riverside Temple

Cassidy heads inside, looking like she's almost excited to give Defelent the news regarding her decision.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

Defelent won't take too long to arrive; as soon as the catgirl entered and he asked if it was Twig and she nodded, he headed down. "Hello again, Twig. Have you made your decision?" Defelent's smiling.

I have a point!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

5. - Top - End - #845

Riverside Temple

"Yes," Cassidy says, smiling at Defelent. "I'd like to try to become a cleric of Dalachrech."
    Last edited by Rotting Baron; 2012-10-14 at 05:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"That's excellent news! There's accommodation provided, should you desire. It's not compulsory, but there's lots of rituals that take place after dusk and before dawn, so it is certainly more convenient and I recommend you take advantage of them." Also the secret rituals are so secret the participant isn't told when they'll start, which usually involves people barging in and pulling the cleric-to-be out of bed.

I have a point!

7. - Top - End - #847

Riverside Temple

"Of course, I'll partake in the rituals. I don't sleep much anyway." Mostly a habit of growing up in the worst parts of Seattle.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"You'll have to, to become a cleric. Do you want to stay here, or would you prefer to commute in every day?" That's the question he meant to ask in the last post.

I have a point!

9. - Top - End - #849

Riverside Temple

"Oh, right. I should probably stay here, so I can get everything done quickly."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"That would probably be best, yes. Do you want to go and fetch some things from your present accommodation so you can move in now, or would you prefer a tour of the entire Temple and a look at the choice of rooms available to you first?"

I have a point!

11. - Top - End - #851

Riverside Temple

"I don't have anything to bring over," Cassidy says. Well, not besides her guns, anyway. "Go ahead and give me the tour."

12. - Top - End - #852
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"No clothes, mementoes, books or ornaments? Well, if you're sure." Defelent's slightly surprised about that, but will walk to the secret door and open it up. "There's two more of these hidden in this room; I'll show you those ones later." Plus one that's more secret and leads to a chamber intended for demon-summoning rituals.

I have a point!

13. - Top - End - #853

Riverside Temple

"Nah, it's all in my apartment back home, and I don't know how to go back." She would like to get back at some point. She follows Defelent to the secret door, listening for now.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"This one is opened by pressing down on that centipede there, see it?" If Cassidy issues an affirmative, he'll press down on it and open the door. Beyond, is a narrow staircase going upwards, located at a right angle to the door to maximise space in the main altar room. The staircase is well-lit, with more glowing candles (these ones giving off enough light to mimic the sun) and thick carpeting on the floor to muffle footsteps so as to avoid disturbing the congregation. On the walls are elaborate paintings of various invertebrates, interspersed with extremely close-up photographs and other images.

I have a point!

15. - Top - End - #855

Riverside Temple

Cassidy confirms that she sees the centipede, and follows down to the altar room. She looks rather impressed by the sight, and takes a bit of time to examine the portraits of several insects.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

Sorry; should have clarified things better- they start out in the Altar Room, and the stairs go up to the bedrooms and offices and boring bits.

The portraits and photographs are very good- they could be on display in the actual altar room, but the decoration in there eventually became more gaudy and elaborate with marble, gold and so on.

I have a point!

17. - Top - End - #857

Riverside Temple

"It's a very nice place you've got here," Cass says."I'm glad to be here."

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"You haven't seen the half of it yet. One of the miracles granted by Dalachrech enables us to enlarge an internal space without enlarging its outsides. There's ten bedrooms at the top of these stairs, and another ten in the other half of the building. Most of them aren't in use, but we keep them ready just in case." Indeed, when they reach the top of the stairs, the hall is longer than it should be. There's five doors on each side of the short walls, with another door in one of the short walls. "These bedrooms are all open and available for you to use. Except that one, as that's currently being used as a storage room as it accesses the attic storage space." The room in question is the furthest from the door in the short wall. "Would you like to have a look at the rooms of our servants and Omid, or have a look through these rooms to decide which one you like the most?"

I have a point!

19. - Top - End - #859

Riverside Temple

Cassidy can't help but whistle at what they can do with the place. Making something bigger on the inside is always some very good magic. "I'd like to see the rooms of the servants."

20. - Top - End - #860
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Of course. Please, follow me." Defelent will lead Cassidy through the door in the short wall to an identical, but reversed, copy of the room she's just seen. There's even some stairs downwards. "The five rooms on that side belong to the servant's. They have bunk beds in case there's ever a large amount of guests; that way, they can share without having to use the standard double bed. That room on the other side is Omid's, and that room leads to my attic office and bedroom." He points to two doors quite near each other with the last, but gestures to the opposite side for the servant's quarters.

I have a point!

21. - Top - End - #861

Riverside Temple

Cass looks around in the room. Didn't sound too terrible to the servants. "Anything else you need to show me?"

22. - Top - End - #862
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

The servant's rooms are quite well appointed, with a bunk bed, a wardrobe, and a chest of drawers. They're slightly smaller than the other bedrooms, but not by much, and the lack of a double bed means there's actually more floorspace. Close examination shows that the rooms don't have a keyhole on the inside despite the large lock, so the door can't be unlocked from the inside.

"Yes, my office and my bedroom. Follow me." Defelent will enter the room marked as entrance to the attic, and it's quite a small chamber with rich red wallpaper and lush purple shag carpeting, decorated only by an ornate ladder leading to the roof-space. The attic has a sloped ceiling making up the long walls and two short walls. One has a wooden door in it, the other does not. Decorating this space are more glowing candles, some incredibly comfortable-looking chairs and a hatstand. The floor has a vast mural painted onto it depicting the sea of beetles from Cassidy's vision.

I have a point!

23. - Top - End - #863

Riverside Temple

Cassidy follows Defelent to his bedroom, wondering why that's a part of the tour. She looks down on the floor more than most of the other things, recognizing the mural. "Being high priest comes with some luxury, eh?"

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"This is the waiting room for my office, through that door there. And yes, it is." Defelent will next open the door to the office, revealing a large, sumptuous room with a large, ornately carved oak desk in the centre of the room with a pair of heavily padded chairs on each side of it. There's a large door to one side of the room. It's got horizontal walls, which seem to intersect the roof when compared to the waiting room's ceiling.

I have a point!

25. - Top - End - #865

Riverside Temple

"Gotta admit, it doesn't look like any office I've ever seen," Cassidy says. The ones that she'd been in were much smaller and not nearly as cozy-looking.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"I spend a lot of time up here working. I want it comfortable." It might be noted that there's no computer present, nor any signs of other electronic storage. In fact, there's few signs of electricity at all- the lighting is achieved magically, and there's only a few plugs in the walls. "Through that door is my bedroom. Try opening the door. I bet you won't be able to." The door doesn't have a keyhole, so can't be locked through mundane means. In fact, it responds to Defelent's magical signature, meaning only he can open it. If somebody tries to kill him in his sleep, they can't get in. Or, if they succeed in getting in, they can't get out, and because magic relies on life (or at least the soul), his body is useless for that purpose.

((This post took longer than usual because I forgot to press the 'submit reply' button.))

I have a point!

27. - Top - End - #867

Riverside Temple

"Why, you got it locked by magic or something?" Cassidy goes to open the door anyway. She's pretty familiar with magic, but there's always something new.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"The door itself is enchanted- it won't open for anybody else. My magical signature is the key. For anybody else, it's easier to go through the wall than through the door, although since we've fiddled with space in here I wouldn't recommend knocking holes in walls." Since there's no way of knowing what, exactly, lies between the two surfaces of the wall.

I have a point!

29. - Top - End - #869

Riverside Temple

"That's some really good magic," Cass says. She doesn't see much of a reason to try and break through anyway.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"It is, isn't it? Nobody else has a door like that in my faith, no matter what Temple they belong to. It might even be unique, though I doubt that. It probably was handmade, though." The door does look to be very well crafted, although it's rather understated when it comes to ornamentation.

I have a point!