New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Reformed Temple

Serph's earth weave causes the door to buckle and splinter as the force of the weave tries to wrest it from its position and the spell of locking tries to keep it still. It's loud, but not loud enough to pass through the intervening floors to awaken those that sleep above, and eventually the door practically explodes when the locking spell is broken. The guarding wards on the door frame remain silent and un-activated- for now.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

Serph immediately weaves a wall of air in front of him as the door explodes. Shielding oneself right after attacking, one of the first things he learned.... when attacking objects, huh something was tugging at his memory but now was not the time. He walks through the door. hopefully no wards go off now that the door exploded.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

As he passes through the doorway, the wards do indeed go off. There's a loud siren accompanied by blades of air sweeping the space in and around the doorway. The remaining parts of the door are sliced off, even the metal locks, and the blades of air will attempt to do the same to Serph. They might be blocked by the air shield, especially if it completely surrounds him and doesn't have any gaps even molecule thin.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

Serph is shielded from the blades of air by walls of air. "How insolent! Blades of air, a pitiful favorite toy of Aes Sedai! I'll show you! " Serph surprises himself with the words he spoke, that was not him. He also noticed that he was about to weave something called "Rolling ring of earth and fire" at least a small version that he could do alone. How did that happen? He almost blew the underground to bits! Shielded by a globe of air he runs through the doorway, leaving the alarm and air blades in his dust.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

A pity; behind that door was the armoury, filled with magic weapons. Hence the rather aggressive warding and multiple locks.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

This should be enough Serph thought, even the empire can't use this maybe it can be sold for a high price. He gathers as many weapons as he can strap on his back with straps of air. He leaves through the warded doorway again shielded by a globe of air. In the foyer he runs outside the temple where he can hopefully gateway away, he studied the area enough earlier to do so.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

The weaponry resists being picked up, and will likely weigh him down- there's very little chance that Serph could carry it all out on his own. He might also feel as though the weapons don't like him, and want him gone. Also, he might find that when he reaches the foyer his way is blocked; that alarm was loud enough to rouse the whole Temple and automatically unlocked nearly every door, but at the moment all that stands between him and freedom is a two-metre-long beetle with a pair of small, yet vicious-looking, mandibles upon its head. As soon as it sees Serph, it rises its body off the ground and bends its abdomen beneath its body and squirts a chemical at him that reacts with the air, producing a very hot burst of gas that, where this bombadier beetle the size it's supposed to be instead of its abnormally enlarged size, would irritate human skin and kill insect attackers. The increased size means that it produces a reaction that can kill people, and it's aimed at Serph.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Reformed Temple]

Serph sighs as the weapons do not lift. He guessed that these were the weapons that had minds of their own. The Empire could not make use of that. Not planing on dying or getting caught here he makes his way to the foyer. He sees the 6'9" long bug, big deal he himself was 8'0". Then it stands up, darn. Serph simply moves out of the way of the acidic belch. In his head the words Asha'man kill! was ringing over and over. Intent on escaping he tries to circle the big insect so he can blast open the door leading outside.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-12-07 at 11:24 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Orc in the Playground

Reformed Temple

It's not a belch, it's coming out the wrong end so it's more of a fart.

It'll take a while to recharge its blast (which has burnt away part of a drape, the door behind it and part of the wall), so it darts in and tries to bite with its jaws. The jaws are sharp enough to cut through human bone, so if it hits Serph it will certainly hurt.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Orc in the Playground