New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

[Riverside Temple - Garage]

Well, there's not much Despair can do to stop her, so the Tiefling gets dragged, not even bothering to thrash futilely.

She appears a bit surprised to hear that she's being specifically taken to the Punishment Room. That most definitely doesn't bode well for her future, as she hasn't really done anything wrong yet.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Temple - Garage]

Toy attempts to help Azurelle transport her prize to the Punishment Room. She is a little nervous about how Despair will view her given her part in all of this, but it is probably nothing that a series of sound beatings dealt to Toy by Despair won't surfeit in her. Business. Nothing personal.

Toy hopes that she didn't wreck her savior's life. She feels a hint of remorse as she attempts to gently but firmly grab Despair's ankles, trying to give a friendly squeeze as if to say that she is sorry for everything. She actually is. Abusing someone else functioned well conceptually, but her heart isn't made of stone. It is made of softer things, one of which is sympathy and another regret.

She wishes she hadn't wished her state on someone else. It'll give Azurelle someone else to hurt, which will detract attention from herself and her sisters, but...

But...

At what cost? What has Toy done? Has she...

She's become a slaver, the very definition of everything she loathes in this world.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Garage --> Punishment Room

The catgirl temple slave will lead Azurelle and Toy through a secret door into the altar room- this chamber is made from several rooms from both houses with the walls removed and replaced with pews. The altar itself is much smaller than the Hermitage one, and lacks the branching projections used to anchor sacrifices. Instead, it bears a small gold idol of a centipede-like creature with mantis claws, a stag beetle's head and three scorpion tails. From there, the slave will take her guests to a hidden stairway and go upstairs, where there is a corridor with rooms on both sides. Into one of these rooms, a store room with piles of boxes they are led, and then up a ladder into an attic room that has been converted into a torture chamber. Manacles dangle from the roof, knives and whips are held in slanted racks where the ceiling is just high enough for them to be reached and there's a table in the centre with manacles on it. Sitting in one corner is a brazier; it's under a chimney-flue. Azurelle will direct them to put Despair on her feet beneath the manacles.

"Toy, hold her hands tightly." If Toy does as asked, Azurelle will unbind the wrists, frowning at the looseness of the ropes, before directing Toy to grab just one wrist as Azurelle fastens the other into a manacle. The process is interruptible at any time, and will be repeated for the other arm.

Underside Temple

Charynrae winces with the scream- she was expecting it, but that didn't make it easier. When it's over with, Charynrae will wrap her arms tightly about Sylvia's torso (being sure to avoid the recent brand-marking) and give the nude slave a hug until she recovers enough to break off the hug.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-02 at 08:44 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage- Elezibethele's Room

"Hand-crank? Well, it would give Mine something to do whilst I'm making dresses. Yes, I'll have one, and some decent Elvish music to go with it." I have no idea how easy it would be to find Elvish music for a phonograph. "I haven't played cards before. How about chess?" Azurelle likes to think she's quite good at chess, and she's certainly better than I am- I don't think ahead at all with my moves.
    Chess? How posh. Unfortunately, Justin has had few rare chances to play chess himself. Mostly because a full set probably doesn't exist in his world. It's weird, when the bombs fell, thousands of decks of cards went untouched, but for some reason every chess set is missing at least three pawns, a bishop, and a king or queen.

"I'm afraid chess is somewhat beyond me, my lady. I know how the pieces move, but the higher strategy is lost on me." He smiles innocently. "I would be happy to try and entertain you to the best of my ability, my lady, and if you wish, if you would teach me the finer points of chess, I would be honored to teach you the card game of Gin Rummy." Which happens to be justin's best game, as well as the only one he doesn't cheat at.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside - Punishment Room]

Despair looks around curiously, though a bit groggily, as they enter, and notes the furnishings of the torture room with trepidation, though little surprise. She mostly just hopes that Azurelle's not as bad as the Sorcerous Houses.

Considering she's got no weapons and Azurelle does, as well as the fact that she's still a bit wobbly, she really doubts escape would work well. So she'll wait, for the moment, hoping for either a better opportunity to get away or a chance to use the knife she has hidden in the scar on her neck.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

"That works for me. So, would you prefer to play chess or cards first?" Couldn't somebody combine two chess sets so that they had one complete chess set and one set of spares? Or even make their own.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage - Kitchen >> Elizabethele's Room

It's probably about now that dinner is ready. If so, then Brand will follow the guards, carrying Justin's tray.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158

Hermitage - Elizabethele's Room

Because in post apocalyptic Georgia, between raiders, bandits, slavers, and eeking out a living, there's totaly time and necessity to bother making a chess set.

"It would be an privelege to play chess with you first, my lady." Justin even adds a courteous bow to the statement. My this boot-licking is going rather far.

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

There's time and necessity to play cards, so why not chess? Less portable, maybe, but that just shows how rich, powerful and influential the players are- they can afford to put together a whole chess set, learn the rules and so on. Oh, hey, what's the difference between raiders and bandits?

"Very well. I shall enjoy teaching you." She'll play to win, and winning will reassure her beliefs that even the most technologically developed humans are inferior culturally to the elves.

Hermitage- Kitchen

One of the Temple Slaves will accompany Brand, carrying a tray for Elezibethele. The other slaves take food to the dining chamber for the guards. The route taken is long, and goes up another flight of stairs. The interior is rather maze-like, with store rooms, barracks, guard chambers, armouries and strong rooms.

10. - Top - End - #160

Hermitage-Elizabethele's room

A bandit will shoot you and take what you have. A raider would do the same, but if they capture you alive, a raider will:
    (Spoilered for deceny's sake)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take you back to their hideout, where they would, among other things, beat, torture, and rape you, impale your body with metal hooks to hang you from the ceiling, pin you to the ground and splay open your torso, then leave your body there for decoration. In fallout 3, raider dens tend to have bodies and limbs all over the place.
    But this is a skooch off topic.

So yes, Elizabethele, prove your cultural superiority over a single human theif. Because surely chess is equally valued across all the multitude of cultures. Either way, Justin will treat the game as a lesson. He'll take his sweet time on every move, and ask Elizabethele's opinion on moves an annoying amount of times, very aware of how annoying he's being. He'll put up less than pathetic fight, but he's still likely to lose. If they play more than once, Elizabethele may notice a small jump in skill. He was most certainly paying attention the first time.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-04 at 07:40 PM.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underside Temple]

It won't take long for Sylvia to recover. The hug is a catalyst that considerably speeds the process up until it reaches completion. While she does recuperate, her fists are clenched to counter the string. Sylvia realizes full well that the area will be sore for days. It will slow her down and impede her a tad, but it is negligible.

It hurts, though! Hurts like heck! Sylvia never thought she'd need to undergo that torture again, but she was proven wrong.

"Back where I'm from, we didn't even do thisss to cattle."

Sylvia mumbles through grit teeth. She doesn't see the point in all of this. She knows she belongs to Charynrae, but why must she be labeled like a dumb cow?

-------
    [Riverside Temple - Punishment Room]

Wit and ingenuity are truly a slave's bosom buddies and guardians. There's nothing like an ounce of both to weasel one's way out of horrible situations.

Toy finds it odd that this torture cell is positioned in the attic rather than the basement. She scans the walls of the attic rapidly and efficiently, attempting to gauge how easy they would be to topple or ram through with minimal effort on her part.

For now, however, she's only going to visualize knocking Azurelle through the wall to bounce on the cold, firm ground headfirst. She knows she can't accomplish such a thing, and that the fallout would eminently lead to her execution. But if her sisters die and she's the only one left, what difference does it really make! Oh, how she does hope that they're surviving back in that unholy hell!

Toy attempts to follow Azurelle's instructions and restrain Despair. She's relatively weak, as her fate is one of those predicted by a multitude of slavers. She's been raised for this state. Her grip might leave a red mark or two, but it shouldn't be anything Despair would have much trouble in overcoming.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Her chances have almost certainly not improved, so Despair's plan remains the same as before - Wait for a good chance at freedom/suicide, which this isn't. So Toy is quite able to get the Tiefling restrained, as she continues offering no resistance.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele considers her culture superior; her culture plays chess, therefore anybody who can't play chess is an uncultured barbarian.

They'll play at least two games, possibly more, and Elezibethele will note the increase in skill, though she'll still play to win.

Underside Temple

"Then where you are from, there aren't many who would steal these... cattle." Charynrae has never seen a cow before; she has no idea what cattle are. She does, however, continue the hug, and also slowly runs a hand down Sylvia's back.

Riverside Temple- Punishment Room

These houses didn't have a basement, and although one has since been dug it was deemed more important for demon-summoning chambers to be located underground as brick walls and stone floors are less flammable than wooden beams and slate roofs. Also, if a slave escapes here they are further from a viable escape route than if they were in the basement.

When Despair's wrists have been fastened above her head by iron manacles Azurelle will start to disrobe the tiefling, starting with her leather cuirass. Azurelle will preferentially cut the clothing off, though if the leather is too thick then Azurelle will try to find other ways of removing it.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-04 at 08:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Temple- Punishment Room]

What about windows? Access to so much as one of those numbers would make escape a breeze.

But this is Riverside, I guess. Most windows in this neighborhood are barred, I'd blindly wager.

Toy moves off to one side of the room and lets Azurelle get to work. She's not going to interfere in the process unless it is required, probably. She hopes that this is a quick and clean brand and light torture session. Heavy torture and violation disgusts her to no end.

-------
    [Underside Temple]

"We ssshared cattle between all of usss. They didn't belong to one tribe alone. They weren't oursss to claim."

Sylvia reveals, attempting to turn and embrace Charynrae right back. Her community values don't mesh with those avaricious ones of Underside, I'd presume.

She looks up at Charynrae, a hint of fear in her eyes. Would people really... Could they really...

"Do ssslaversss abduct people here often?"

Slavers. Scum of the earth. Beings the world could do without. It'd be better off that way.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

It being armor, it's probably too thick to cut through with any degree of ease and/or speed. However, Azurelle will probably be able to find a small catch in between the under-armor sheaths for the pair of thin knives, that, when released, will open a series of slits in the armor, making it pretty much fall off, an emergency measure to ensure easy access to injuries.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside- Punishment Room

There's also the fact that the windows are warded to prevent unauthorised opening of them. The wards go ZAP!

Azurelle does find the catch, completely by accident. Well, that was useful. Azurelle will then use the knife to remove any thing worn underneath the armour, in addition to patting her down again- it's hard to feel through armour, so it needs repeating now to ensure she didn't miss anything the first time.

And Azurelle seems to enjoy it. This time, it's rougher, and Azurelle occasionally pinches through any clothing at areas that are tender on the average humanoid.

17. - Top - End - #167

Hermitage - Elizabethele's room

A debatable point. Either way, if games progress Justin will prove to have quite a knack for the game, proving to be a challenge before to long. Elizabethele will still most likely win, for years of experience trumps a beginner with a bit of talent. As the latest game ends, Justin will smile and nod and all the other boot-licking little things one does. "My lady, you are incredible. I have learned a truely great deal from you." Removing his deck from his pocket, he takes it from it's box and begins shuffling. "Perhaps you could allow this humble son of a merchant to fulfil his end of the bargain."

My Characters

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside- Punishment Room

There's enough worn under the armor to stop it from being uncomfortable, but that's about it. There are also no other knives, or weapons, magic items, tech, etc. of any sort.

As for Azurelle's methods, they do, finally, produce a reaction in Despair, who flinches away from especially hard pinches, or those in places that are particularly sensitive, which should allow the Blackguard, if she's paying attention, to build up a preliminary 'map' of where the Tiefling is hurt worst.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Quite a few years of experience, in fact; over eighty. Elezibethele only started playing when she escaped from her own slavery, but often watched drow priestesses play. "Yes, I'll try." Elezibethele has never played a card game before, nor has she watched a game. So she'll start with about the same amount of base knowledge as Justin did with the chess.

Of course Azurelle is paying attention. She'll continue paying attention for a while, until she believes she knows all of Despair's quirks. "Oh, my. You're a flincher, huh? I know exactly what to call you know. Wussy. You will reply to only Wussy- your previous name no longer exists. If you continue using your previous name and I find out, I will punish you. If you refuse an order, I will punish you. If I feel you are slow in doing something you are asked of, you will be punished. If you do anything I disagree with, I will punish you. And the best bit? I'll enjoy it more than you will." When Despair/Wussy has be completely stripped, Azurelle will take a branding iron from the brazier and press it into Despair/Wussy's shoulder. The iron is shaped as a capital A with bird-like wings.

((Not everybody in this situation would let Azurelle see the effect she's having; that's what she means by 'flincher'. Just to help clear it up a bit.))

Underside Temple

"Not often in the city- a fair portion of the city's inhabitants are against slavery. But we aren't actually in the city, we're just outside. Our proximity means it's less likely, and we're on the ceiling so that helps too, but it is still possible that a slaver attack would succeed and run off with you, or One, or Two." Or even with Charynrae herself, though she has formidable defensive and offensive potential against any raiders. So she'd most likely be killed, unless her barrage of spells convinces the slavers that she'll be extra valuable. "Also, your presence here makes an attack less likely- we're potential customers, and killing customers always drives away more customers."
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-06 at 04:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Elizabethele's Room

Justin wil begin shuffling the cards rather expertly. "The game we will play is called Gin Rummy. It's quite simple my lady..." He'll explain the basic rules of the game, but does not tell her about the strategy, like guessing your opponents goals or hand through what they pick up or discard. He will also play to win.

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Azurelle, no matter which shoulder she prefers to brand her slaves on, will be forced to use the left one, unless she wishes to remove or mark over another brand, as Despair was a slave to a Sorcerous House in her home universe. Also, if she can tell such things, the preexisting mark was made by intense cold, rather than heat.

In any case, as the Tiefling has no desire to cause more damage than inherent in the fact that she's being branded, her entire body stiffens just before it's applied, and she remains quite still for most of it, though she can't help but shudder somewhat as the mark is presumably burned into her flesh.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Elezibethele is soundly trumped the first, second, third, and so on tries. She starts looking rather frustrated and angry- she hates losing, especially to a mangy short-life human (not that I'm implying Justin has mange). On about the fifth game, however, she gets the hang of it and her skill increases dramatically- it's slightly like chess, although more complex as you don't know what pieces your opponent has on the board, as it were.

((Note: I don't know how to play gin rummy, and my chess skills are slightly better than my ability to walk on fog. My metaphor, therefore, is based solely upon a short description of Gin Rummy and my knowledge of that the best chess players are four or six moves ahead of themselves))

Azurelle frowns at the existing brand and puts the iron back without using it. Instead, she takes one of the knives and slowly scrapes off the brand. This will hurt, though not for long as afterwards Azurelle lays her hands upon the wound and chants a prayer to Dalachrech for healing. A large, sandy brown sword of maggots fades into existence behind her as the spell takes effect.

Only when the wound has healed and become all-new skin will Azurelle reapply the brand.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Despair, in that case, loosens the muscles in her shoulder before Azurelle starts cutting, and remains stubbornly silent throughout, though the rest of her muscles stay tensed, to prevent movement that might cause the knife to slip.

Her reaction to the brand is exactly as it was before.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

When that is complete, Azurelle will take the knife up again and carve 'Wussy' into Despair's opposite shoulder. The knife doesn't go very deep, but it's deep enough to make quite a scar.

25. - Top - End - #175

Hermitage-Elizabethele's Room

The fact that gin rummy is played in multiple rounds (i.e. hands) per game means that she would probably get to the swing of things mid way through the second full game, but still lose many hands. Once she does begin matching him is when he'll break out the big guns. The big FUN guns. Every time she wins a round he'll clap for her and compliment her, just barely skimming the edge of condescending without being able to be really accused of it.

"Very good, my lady."

"How skillful, my lady."

"You caught on much quicker than I thought, my lady."

It'll be similar with his wins.

"Better luck next time, my lady."

"So close, my lady."

"By a hair, my lady.

And worst of all, every single word is spoken with his horrible little friendly smile. All of this, of course, to throw Elizabethele off. Why? Angry opponents are easy to read. It'll tip the scale back towards Justin.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Justin is lucky they aren't gambling. If there was money on this game, Elezibethele would have ordered the guards to take him captive for cheating, and in the morning most likely he'd be sacrificed to Dalachrech.

After winning her first round, she'll become more confident and calm down as she realises she can do this. She keeps the façade of anger up, though, to make him complacent, but Justin might be aware that it's just a façade.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

When she does, Despair's tail lashes somewhat, though she still makes no noise, and does her best to move as little as possible, while her new name is carved into her other shoulder.

28. - Top - End - #178

Elizabethele's Room

Would she be talking about the mind games or would she just be being petty. Ironically, if they were gambling, he would cheat, and he'd be infinitely more subtle about it.

As for reading, that really depends on how Elizabethele does it. Reading someone who's angry is about the subtler things. As she gets bad cards she'll get angrier or she'll actively try to hide it, normally poorly. As she gets goos cardd she'll get calmer. If she's just grr-angry all the time, it'll be obvious from the start she's faking him out. If she's good enough to know this, she'll win one or two rounds before he catches on. Either way, he'll keep up his compliments, but he'll be playing straight until he thinks he can read her again. He'll continue playing until Elizabethele feels satisfied, but since he has no intention of letting up and he is more skilled of the two, it may take a bit.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

A mixture of both, really. It would more be because she would be unable to believe a human could take her money.

She isn't good enough to know he knows she's faking, because she isn't used to playing cards and has little experience with a 'poker face'. It will take ages for her to realise she can't beat him, or more accurately for her to accept she can't beat him. But when she does she'll stop immediately.

"It looks like I might have misnamed you, Wussy. Nevermind; you'll start screaming soon enough." Azurelle will reach up and unlock the manacles, releasing Despair/Wussy from her bindings. "Toy, as you didn't bind Wussy properly, you can undress. And put this blindfold on." When that's completed, Toy's clothes will be given to Despair.

If Despair puts the clothes on, Toy will be left blindfolded and manacled to the ceiling of the Punishment Room whilst Despair and Azurelle go to her guest room.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-06 at 07:16 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage Temple - Dinnertime!

And now dinner arrives. Brand serves a plate to Justin.

It is better than the Temple's usual fare, but nowhere near as good as Brand's usual cooking. He made a deliberate effort to downplay his abilities because he did not want Elizabethele tempted to try and buy him for his skills.

He stands by Justin's side and awaits any orders. If Justin has none, he'll go and sit in the corner with Waterstrider. He prepared food for himself and the Wolfen, but doesn't want to get either of them into trouble for miscellaneous dining offenses. Because of this, he wrapped it up and returned it to his food pack, to share with Waterstrider at a better moment.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs