New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    Mel screams loudly "You stupid cow! let me down now! Let Me DOWN!!!" she kicks and thrashes as much as she can
    Despair's grip slips somewhat, and it's possible that Mel can break free if she keeps this up for a bit, though it might not do much good...

"We're halfway up two flights of stairs. Do you really want to break free and fall back down them?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Despair's grip slips somewhat, and it's possible that Mel can break free if she keeps this up for a bit, though it might not do much good...

"We're halfway up two flights of stairs. Do you really want to break free and fall back down them?"
    Mel keeps on struggling... "why not..." she struggles more, trying to get away

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel keeps on struggling... "why not..." she struggles more, trying to get away
    Despair is nearly forced to let go at this point, though not quite, and snakes her tail forward, trying to wrap it around Mel's upper arm.

"Because there's no point in getting away if you don't get to do anything, and all that would happen if you fall down those is you'd die," the Tiefling, hisses angrily.

Of course, she doesn't actually believe that - her main plan is to kill herself if she can't escape - but she's hoping that the drowess will be usefu in getting out.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Despair is nearly forced to let go at this point, though not quite, and snakes her tail forward, trying to wrap it around Mel's upper arm.

"Because there's no point in getting away if you don't get to do anything, and all that would happen if you fall down those is you'd die," the Tiefling, hisses angrily.

Of course, she doesn't actually believe that - her main plan is to kill herself if she can't escape - but she's hoping that the drowess will be useful in getting out.
    Mel groans "what's going to happen to me then? are you going to kill me? ransom me?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel groans "what's going to happen to me then? are you going to kill me? ransom me?"
    Despair shakes her head, frowning unhappily at Mel.

"Neither, I think. Judging by what happened to me, you'll be made a slave..."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Despair shakes her head, frowning unhappily at Mel.

"Neither, I think. Judging by what happened to me, you'll be made a slave..."
    Mel blinks "a slave? no no no...this is all wrong. I'm a drow! I own slaves!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel blinks "a slave? no no no...this is all wrong. I'm a drow! I own slaves!"
    "Not any more," she replies, grinning wickedly at the drowess. "And I'd advise against emphasizing that you did."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hermitage Guest room

Out of sight, out of mind, so Justin will try to move the chest of icky toys into the creepy dungeon room. After that he throws his bag on the bed and pulls out a post-it note pad and a pen. He walks to the front of Brand, writing on the small Yellow notepad. "That recipe you made was excellent. You should make that more often at home. Is our kitchen properly stocked?" he says as he lowers the pad so brand can see. On the pad is a short message.

yes master or no master
    did you meet others?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not any more," she replies, grinning wickedly at the drowess. "And I'd advise against emphasizing that you did."
    Mel frowns "why? isn't it my birth right?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel frowns "why? isn't it my birth right?"
    Despair shrugs.

"Maybe. But it won't make you popular with the other slaves, and you'll need us to get along here."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Despair shrugs.

"Maybe. But it won't make you popular with the other slaves, and you'll need us to get along here."
    Mel frowns "well then...have an escape plan yet?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel frowns "well then...have an escape plan yet?"
    Despair's tail instantly clenches around Mel's arm, likely quite painfully.

"Shut up you idiot,"
    she hisses angrily, though quietly, glaring at the drowess. "The mistress may be deadtimed, but she's still standing right there, and she could come out of it at any time!"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-08 at 05:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Despair's tail instantly clenches around Mel's arm, likely quite painfully.

"Shut up you idiot,"
    she hisses angrily, though quietly, glaring at the drowess. "The mistress may be deadtimed, but she's still standing right there, and she could come out of it at any time!"
    Mel frowns "...fine...what is going to happen to me then? I take it that the...evil hag...will try and break me in?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel frowns "...fine...what is going to happen to me then? I take it that the...evil hag...will try and break me in?"
    The Tiefling's tail loosens somewhat, and she nods.

"Calling her that isn't a great idea, but yeah, basically. I don't think she wants you to know exactly how, though, so..."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Tiefling's tail loosens somewhat, and she nods.

"Calling her that isn't a great idea, but yeah, basically. I don't think she wants you to know exactly how, though, so..."
    Mel frowns "...it's going to be strange, being on the receiving end...I torture people as a hobby..."

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel frowns "...it's going to be strange, being on the receiving end...I torture people as a hobby..."
    Her grip on Mel tightens, almost like she plans to throw her down the stairs, or something similar, though it's not something she actually does on purpose, and it relaxes again after a moment.

"Might not want to mention that, either,"
    she points out. "Again, it won't get you a lot of friends."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Her grip on Mel tightens, almost like she plans to throw her down the stairs, or something similar, though it's not something she actually does on purpose, and it relaxes again after a moment.

"Might not want to mention that, either,"
    she points out. "Again, it won't get you a lot of friends."
    mel sighs "ok then...what was with all the freaky bugs then?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

mel sighs "ok then...what was with all the freaky bugs then?"

"The mistress is a paladin of a insect god,"
    she explains. "As such, such things are used for tasks horses and such would be elsewhere."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Guest Bedroom

Waterstrider will be able to hear a click as the door is locked. Also the sound of the guard changing shape and returning to his cocoon in one of the barracks- it's chitinous clicking, rather than humanoid footsteps. After about half an hour, more clicking goes past, this one from a giant centipede. There's no sound suggesting eavesdroppers, due to the fact there's no eavesdroppers.

Riverside Temple- Timeline One

"I'm not familiar with the war, nor the types of magics used. I just know that I can make potions from the spells Dalachrech has granted to me." Predominantly healing potions, but I never saw why somebody couldn't use the same process to make an inflict potion. It wouldn't be very useful, perhaps, but there's always undead, or it could be thrown.

When Azurelle's dress has been removed, she stretches before heading over to the bed and lying on top of the sheets. "Come here, Wussy."

Riverside Temple- Timeline Two

"Hurry up, Wussy. Oh, has she woken up? Excellent, I'll come down to help." Azurelle will try to grab Mel'ara and help Despair/Wussy with taking Mel'ara up the stairs. When the reach the next landing, they've nearly arrived; Azurelle opens a door through to a storage chamber containing a ladder heading into the attic. "You first, Mel'ara. I'm sure what you'll find will be very familiar to you." Azurelle smiles unpleasantly as she finishes that sentence.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-08 at 06:22 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

"Hurry up, Wussy. Oh, has she woken up? Excellent, I'll come down to help." Azurelle will try to grab Mel'ara and help Despair/Wussy with taking Mel'ara up the stairs. When the reach the next landing, they've nearly arrived; Azurelle opens a door through to a storage chamber containing a ladder heading into the attic. "You first, Mel'ara. I'm sure what you'll find will be very familiar to you." Azurelle smiles unpleasantly as she finishes that sentence.
    Mel rolls her eyes "I'm bound....remember? that thing you had done to me? and I guess it'll be a torture chamber...not exactly subtle... I'd whip you for incompetence if you where my slave"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Timeline One

"I'm not familiar with the war, nor the types of magics used. I just know that I can make potions from the spells Dalachrech has granted to me." Predominantly healing potions, but I never saw why somebody couldn't use the same process to make an inflict potion. It wouldn't be very useful, perhaps, but there's always undead, or it could be thrown.

When Azurelle's dress has been removed, she stretches before heading over to the bed and lying on top of the sheets. "Come here, Wussy."
    [Riverside Temple - Timeline One]

Or mixed into a drink. Though one has to wonder what some of the summoning spells would do in a potion form... Perhaps you'd end up with the things in your stomach?

"A useful talent, mistress. The mages in my world have no such abilities, unfortunately," she says, continuing to remove Azurelle's dress.

Once the paladin has been stripped, the Tiefling will comply with the order to follow her onto the bed without comment. She's not particularly happy about it, of course, but she's fairly good at masking her emotions, and thus mainly appears neutral.

Mel rolls her eyes "I'm bound....remember? that thing you had done to me? and I guess it'll be a torture chamber...not exactly subtle... I'd whip you for incompetence if you where my slave"

[Riverside Temple - Timeline Two]

Despair, naturally, lets Azurelle help, and winces when Mel comments, though she says nothing, not wishing to share in Azurelle's likely displeasure.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Timeline 1

Or maybe they're oils, and when thrown the summoned creature appears where the bottle lands?

When Despair/Wussy has arrived at the bed, Azurelle will pull the black curtain, trying her hardest to make Despair/Wussy scream. She did say she would, after all.

Riverside Temple- Timeline 2

"Fortunately for everybody bar yourself, I am the mistress and you are my slave. So I'll have you whipped for insulting me, complaining, not being fast enough or because I want to hear your screams." Azurelle's smile would be pleasant, were she saying anything other than what she is. The effect is decidedly sinister. Regardless, she'll reach down and use one of Despair/Wussy's knives to cut the ropes binding Mel'ara's ankles. "Now you can climb the ladder to the Punishment Room."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

mel rolls her eyes "amateur..." she springs up the ladder quickly, trying to get up to the tools before the others

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

That would likely be more useful, yes.

Screaming is not a thing Despair does easily; she's withstood things including having parts of her body slowly frozen from the inside. Still, Azurelle is able to cause pain in ways that House Ostrim wasn't using due to how they are at the moment, so if she's creative, it might be possible to do so.

Despair shakes her head, despairing, though she doesn't often indulge in her namesake, of teaching Mel how things work here.

"Arrogant fool... If she doesn't learn soon, she's going to get herself killed, or at least make things very hard on herself..."

When/if Azurelle indicates that she should head up the ladder, the Tiefling will do so.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Azurelle can be very creative when she's set her heart on something. Such as the sound of Despair/Wussy's screams.

Within the Punishment Room, Mel'ara will find many racks of whips, knives and other torture implements, an array of manacles dangling from the apex of the roof and Toy, a nude, blindfolded human female slave who is currently manacled to the ceiling.

Nearest to the ladder Mel'ara just clambered up is a rack of knives, the top most one looking particularly painful, with a serrated hook and a spike protruding from the pommel. However, Mel'ara should be careful- Azurelle knew enough about Mel to blackmail her, which means she could know what Mel'ara would do in this situation. Also, Mel'ara's hands are still bound.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Temple- Timeline 1]

Despair's screams, though somewhat rare, will be heard, then.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Hermitage Guest room

Out of sight, out of mind, so Justin will try to move the chest of icky toys into the creepy dungeon room. After that he throws his bag on the bed and pulls out a post-it note pad and a pen. He walks to the front of Brand, writing on the small Yellow notepad. "That recipe you made was excellent. You should make that more often at home. Is our kitchen properly stocked?" he says as he lowers the pad so brand can see. On the pad is a short message.
    "Yes Master," Brand says. "There are four weeks supply in the pantry. I'd like to increase that by four, but it's difficult to know where to find the resources."

It's a clumsy code, but Brand hopes Justin is able to follow it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azurelle can be very creative when she's set her heart on something. Such as the sound of Despair/Wussy's screams.

Within the Punishment Room, Mel'ara will find many racks of whips, knives and other torture implements, an array of manacles dangling from the apex of the roof and Toy, a nude, blindfolded human female slave who is currently manacled to the ceiling.

Nearest to the ladder Mel'ara just clambered up is a rack of knives, the top most one looking particularly painful, with a serrated hook and a spike protruding from the pommel. However, Mel'ara should be careful- Azurelle knew enough about Mel to blackmail her, which means she could know what Mel'ara would do in this situation. Also, Mel'ara's hands are still bound.
    Mel quickly tries to cut her bonds with a sharp knife, and picks it up, backing away towards some of the larger weapons

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Mel quickly tries to cut her bonds with a sharp knife, and picks it up, backing away towards some of the larger weapons
    Mel, if Despair is up the ladder, may find her actions interrupted by a gout of flames, aimed at her calves; the Tiefling brought her tail down the same way she did the club earlier, and once again used the motion to channel Nether-flame.

Of course, she fully expects to be zapped by her anklet, but she figures that Aurelle will frown on letting someone else attempt to escape than she will a use of magic.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-09 at 03:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Azurelle seems to enjoy hearing the screams, and after the red/black curtain rises, she'll remark "I said I would hear your screams, and I always keep my promises. You will never escape my grasp." Azurelle smiles, and seems quite truthful- even if she's mistaken, she certainly believes it.

The anklet will zap Despair; it detects magic being channelled by Despair and it zaps- Azurelle can make it zap whenever she wants, but it zaps automatically because it can detect magic before Azurelle does.

There's no weapons other than whips or knives on view, though there's a brazier containing three branding-irons that might make effective clubs, especially as the brazier is burning.