New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

[Erin's Emporium]

Careful, there. Wouldn't want to wind up like Oliver Twist...
    "Of course! There's, like, plenty more, dear."
    And Crissy pours some sweet tea, too!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Yet another BR reference I don't get!

"Thank you!" Syela says and digs in just as hungrily into her second helping as soon as it's provided. The sweet tea goes down just as quickly. She's going to have to watch her eating I suspect. >.>

"That was very good, Crissy. The best meal I've ever had." She says gratefully. Thankfully she isn't going for a third helping.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Electronics Asylum
    Corfff signs any and all paperwork to get his B2 except any form signing over his soul, life, limbs, or any such important things. I imagine the next part of my quest is to locate an area where thr interference is weak, boot up Sgrub, contact my server, get a punch designex and alchemiter so I can find the items to make the weapons and make a portal so I can get home and save my world! he says all of this in one breath and then nearly collapses I guess.... that is..... the entirety..... Of my plan..... not just the next...... step.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Yet another BR reference I don't get!

"Thank you!" Syela says and digs in just as hungrily into her second helping as soon as it's provided. The sweet tea goes down just as quickly. She's going to have to watch her eating I suspect. >.>

"That was very good, Crissy. The best meal I've ever had." She says gratefully. Thankfully she isn't going for a third helping.
    "You're very welcome! It's, like, totally not anything special though," Crissy protests.

At least she's better at cooking than Brendan.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"I dunno. It's really good to me." She clearly needs to try more food. Syela looks at her discarded napkin. Hm, maybe that's what it's for. She picks it up and... wipes her face. Good guess.

"What kinda store is this anyway?" She's managed to get most of her amazement out of her system on the way here, but it's all still pretty fascinating.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Well, we mostly sell, like, armaments - swords, muskets, rifles, that sort of thing." Crissy smiles. "We totally sell alchemy stuff and, um, novelties too!" And she blushes a little at that last.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Erins Emporium

Javert walks in Who owms this shop
    ?
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-09 at 01:11 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Oh, that's awesome. I don't see a lot of weapons where I'm from. Just the caravan guards had them. And my friend's dad. I got to hold that one. It was an old sword." Syela says it like it was the coolest thing ever. This friend may have been a doting young man, and they probably never had permission to handle the weapon. >.>

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Really? That's so like totally cool!" the half-elf gushes, giggling. "Well, we can maybe like teach you how to handle swords and such if you want."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aurora Fountain

Essaila, a very short and thin teen who could be mistaken for a young girl if not for her somewhat adult face, has arrived at the mall. She's wearing a pair of shorts and a cut off shirt that bares her midriff, a rather odd choice considering she's so bony that her ribs are showing through her skin. She has a deep tan and expressive blue eyes.

The first thing she does is set down her burdens next to the fountain, including an oversized wok and a bag of empty beer bottles. Then, ignoring the swirl of colors present in the fountain's waters, she dunks each empty and swirls it around, rinsing them all off one by one. This has the rather neat side effect of staining them all different colors, as well as her fingertips.

She waits for her brother, Astra, to call out to anyone nearby and introduce them, leaving the bottles to dry on the side of the fountain. For reasons known only to her and her brother, she keeps her lips firmly together, not letting anyone see her teeth.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Astra, Essaila's brother, is similarly scrawny, his size mostly taken up by lankiness. He wears a simple outfit of leathery material pants and a sleeveless shirt. His face is androgynous, so he might be mistaken for a girl at first glance, and his voice doesn't help. It also doesn't help that his name is fairly girly too.

*realizes how entirely feminine his character appears* >.>

"Come, join us ladies and gentlemen, for a stunning display of talent from the two best performers ever born on Gandrex, Astra and Essy!" Astra will take two of the bottles from Essy at this point, and begin juggling them, expecting Essy to start throwing more in.

To the observant, while he's quite dexterous and skilled at this, there's something off. every once in a while, he seems to almost fumble, but somehow manages to catch it impossibly. The more bottles in the air, the faster this becomes apparent, but he's quite good at hiding it.

Those with the ability to sense psychic power in others will be quite surprised by just how powerful this boy is, especially if he's never been trained.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-09 at 02:37 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #72

Aurora Fountain

Essaila hides her frustration that her brother introduced her by nickname. Well, hides it visibly anyway. Astra knows full well how much that steams her.

Rather than simply toss him more bottles, she works into a routine she had thought of a while ago and hadn't yet tried out. Just when a blue bottle is in the air after a throw she leaps up high above his head, snagging it from mid-air and dropping a yellow one in its place. It may make Astra slightly more likely to fumble, but she's confident in his abilities. When she lands, the blue bottle is tossed over her shoulder for him to catch and add to the two already flying.

Then she stands from her crouch, translating the upward momentum backwards as she quickly leans back into a cartwheel that sends her close to her former position. When she's on her feet again she has the necks of two bottles clenched between her toes, dangling off the edge of the fountain. In an amazing feat of flexibility she whips her legs into the air, flipping onto her head and balancing there as the bottles go soaring up to the ceiling. Just as they plumet towards Astra's waiting hands, her arms lash out to snag the last two bottles and throw them in a pair of lazy underhand tosses. If it all works out the four bottles should be caught and added to the juggling within a second of each other.

That done she flips back into a seated position, legs folded in a very complex and painful looking manner, and begins walking on her hands to pass the time. If it seems like anyone is looking after that display then she'll milk the crowd a bit. Standing on her hands, she swings her torso back and forth, gaining more height each time until finally her body swings a full 360 around without her arms moving an iota. It looks freaky, yes, but impressive as all get out.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Well, that was certainly different from what Astra expected her to do. After a couple moments, he catches on and will be juggling like a pro as he seemingly effortlessly plucks bottles out of the air as Essaila drops them to him.

I imagine the bottles, still having a bit of the rainbow water in them, will let out a bit of water in a colorful rainbow as they're being juggled.

You know, we should use this water for juggling more often. It looks good. he thinks to his sister

14. - Top - End - #74

Aurora Fountain

It got all over my hands, and it kinda stains. Just watch out about letting it fall on you.

Essaila thinks back at him to pass the time until someone notices their antics. She isn't sure what it will take to wash this off, but she'd rather not risk having a technicolor brother if they were still planning to scout some places out tonight.

Of course, him being right under that colorful rainbow of droplets means her warning probably comes too late, unless Astra is willing to expend some psyking to protect himself from the splatter.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

"Really? That's so like totally cool!" the half-elf gushes, giggling. "Well, we can maybe like teach you how to handle swords and such if you want."
    "Really? That would be so cool." Syela is already very glad she came here. Good food and Crissy's really nice. Now just as long as this alchemist will give her some work, then it'll be perfect.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Electronics Asylum
    Corfff signs any and all paperwork to get his B2 except any form signing over his soul, life, limbs, or any such important things. I imagine the next part of my quest is to locate an area where thr interference is weak, boot up Sgrub, contact my server, get a punch designex and alchemiter so I can find the items to make the weapons and make a portal so I can get home and save my world! he says all of this in one breath and then nearly collapses I guess.... that is..... the entirety..... Of my plan..... not just the next...... step.
    Eliza looks at him.

"It may just be easier to find a portal going straight back. The last time a Skiaianet employee tried to patch it, his computer imploded. Barring that, a random location somewhere in the hills far away from anything else may be your best bet. Have a nice day!"

17. - Top - End - #77

GnomeWizardGuy

Corfff nods and swiftly exits the mall, as he does so Baconsprite floats up and begins having a quiet but intense discussion with him.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Eliza looks at him.

"It may just be easier to find a portal going straight back. The last time a Skiaianet employee tried to patch it, his computer imploded. Barring that, a random location somewhere in the hills far away from anything else may be your best bet. Have a nice day!"
    Excuse me?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Really? That would be so cool." Syela is already very glad she came here. Good food and Crissy's really nice. Now just as long as this alchemist will give her some work, then it'll be perfect.
    "Yup. Totally cool! And Miss Aeryn wants to be sure everybody working in her store can defend themselves, too," Crissy explains. "I don't know too much about swords, but I can totally shoot to defend myself."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Oh, then I should definitely learn then." Syela decides. Maybe she could be an adventurer someday! Wouldn't that just be the best thing ever? She thinks so.

21. - Top - End - #81

Electronic's Asylum

Oh, hey, looks like Strahd's returned. The perpetually clumsy mad scientist chef staggers into the store, his throat covered in bandages, walking up to the counter and hitting the "ring for help" bell if they have one. If they don't, then he'll just hit the counter till an employee shows up.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-01-10 at 07:07 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Eliza is right there! "Hello, and welcome to Electronics Asylum! Oh, hi! I remember you! If I can see the piece I can make an estimate on the spot, and may even be able to repair it right here is the damage is slight enough."

Eliza will produce a pen and pad from somewhere and offer it to the man. That way he can still communicate!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Oh, then I should definitely learn then." Syela decides. Maybe she could be an adventurer someday! Wouldn't that just be the best thing ever? She thinks so.
    It's better than being a NPC.
    "I can help! I'm not all that good but hey, I can totally help you get started," Crissy declares.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #84

Electronics Asylum

Reaching into his pocket, Strahd carefully withdraws a small plastic bag and deposits it on the counter. Inside the see-through container is a tiny little device, so small you wouldn't believe it could make a sound louder than the faintest whisper but perfectly complex, an intricate tangle of copper and bronze.

The main mechanism is a thin reel of flattened metal, so thin the edge's gleam razor sharp, suspended between two spools, spidery metal fingers waiting on each end, one set to write and the other to read. Connecting to this metallic scroll are dozens of tiny tubes, pipes of copper, woven together into an interlocking tangle of passageways and stoppers through which air might flow to make sound.

The fault seems to be in the printer "fingers", the spindly steel digits several degrees out of whack, "typing" in the wrong places at the wrong times. In addition, the W printer appears to be even worse off, bent nearly in two so it punches twice and causes Strahd's distinctive stutter.

Taking the pen and paper, Strahd quickly jogs down (in atrocious handwriting); "How much for the repair?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Eliza looks at the device closely. She hmms. She then quotes a price that's expensive... but probably better than what he would get most places.

"Yeah, I can even finish this here. A bit of unbending, some tweaking, and I think I have- yeah, it would take about an hour and a half."

Eliza is going though her drawers, and pulls out a number of instruments. She has some real advanced stuff here...

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Tyalla walks into the mall and looks around. She finds the shop she's interested in and heads towards it. So far so good. Unfortunately her luck runs out and she's hit by a wave of nausea. She doubles over and the morphing begins again. Ah well, she's come too far to turn back now, so she continues, looking like a complete mess of human and wolf.

Azik's Enchantments

Only a few minutes later Tyalla, as a huge vaguely humanoid white wolf, lurches into the shop and looks around. She's rather unsteady on her hind legs, so drops to her forepaws and investigates the shop, trying hard not to break anything with her strong tail. Hello? She calls, voice gruff and deep. Potions, potions, where would they be?
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Standing behind the counter is Azik, the warforged, decked out in all his magical paraphernalia. He looks at the wolf curiously, his glasses intended to detect magic on the individual they're directed at. unless something is very well hidden, it should let him know about pretty much any magic the wolf has on her.

"Hello, and welcome to Azik's Enchantments. I'm Azik, and I have enchanted gear for sale, of course. Though... you may be looking for something else, clearly."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

The wolf isn't under any magical effects, but if Azik can detect natural form-changing, then he'll be able to tell this isn't what she normally looks like. I'm looking for- Although Tyalla usually speaks very quickly, indeed so quickly it's hard to understand her, she's having trouble speaking and has to force out the words, -potions. That raise will-power. Hurry. Suddenly she has the urge to kill something. She does her best to ignore it.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Azik's eyes would be going wide if his face wasn't crafted from adamantine. He very, very quickly reaches under the counter, grabs something, and hurdles over the counter.

Likely faster than she can react, He'll attempt to grab her by the mouth and shove the contents of a potion down her throat. If it works, it should force her back into her natural form.

Azik has deal with werewolves before.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

[Azik's Enchantments]

Tyalla hadn't been expecting that. She coughs and wheezes several times... and her form doesn't change. That's most likely due to the fact that she's not a werewolf, but an inexperienced natural morpher who hasn't learned to subdue animal instincts. What- what the hell? She chokes out. She looks very angry, but manages to control her temper, even in this form. What was that? Are you trying to kill me? She has a war with her claws. One second they slide out, then she forces them to retract, then they slide out again...