New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

Electronic Asylum

Strahd winces a little when the price is named, but he's got enough to cover it. Yay for extremely generous ghosts. "How long is the repairs gonna take?" He writes on the pad, after shelling out the cash.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronic Asylum

"Yes, an hour and a half."

One hour, 29 minutes, and 59 seconds later, barring any complications...

"...done! There you go, good as new!"

And, what do you know, it is.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Concourse/Fountain

Essaila nods, a cheerful smile breaking out on her face, although her lips don't part to reveal her teeth. The tick in her eye is growing at the continued ringing of the bell, but the mere hope that it could be stopped soon lightens her mood somewhat.

This is the best thing that ever happened to them! They got off the hive-world, got to eat something that didn't taste like death, and now they have money! Woo! No matter how hard he is paying attention, Astra should be able to feel the elation rolling off his sister in waves.
    The ringing stops for a moment and Psi looks thoughtful. "Analyzing possibilities. Possibility number 1: Selling the bell. This would require Unit to engage in commerce. Unit is fully equipped to do so, but is currently only engaging in 'fundraising'. Overriding would be required.

Accepted. Unit will engage in commerce."

Psi turns the bell over to Essaila and takes the money. "Transaction completed."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Concourse/Fountain

Essaila takes the bell gently, making sure not to jar it too much, and brings it back to where Astra was performing by the fountain.

She drags her wok back with her, and sets the little bell on the side of the fountain. She raises the pan over her head and-

*WHONG!*

Smashes it a hard as she can, which happens to be very hard indeed. It should flatten, rendering it unusable. She'll pick the hunk of metal up and slide it into a garbage can nearby.

Best money she ever spent.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[Concourse]

Psi eyes the event curiously. "Subject appears to obtain pleasure from destroying purchased merchandise. Data successfully logged."

She turns around and picks out a new bell from behind the stand. Then she starts ringing it with perfect Tempo. And she repeats the same thing she was saying before.

"Our current endeavor requires more funds. Any source of income would be appreciated. Depositing funds will result in subject owning less funds and Unit owning more funds. Unit will not utilize said funds for personal use. All funds will be redirected to further finance the endeavor."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Concourse/Fountain

Essaila quickly covers her ears, trying to block out the continued ringing of the bell and the bad memories it brings. Stupid stupid stupid, why did she think it would be that easy?

Can we find a bag or something for all this stuff and go please? I don't want to spend money finding out just how many bells that crazy lady has on her.

Essy wouldn't normally be against giving to the unfortunate, but when they're constantly assaulting her with noise it's another matter entirely.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Electronic Asylum

"Yes, an hour and a half."

One hour, 29 minutes, and 59 seconds later, barring any complications...

"...done! There you go, good as new!"

And, what do you know, it is.
    Gingerly picking up the tiny device, Strahd looks at it with a mix of revulsion and wonder. Ughh. Only, what, six, seven hours ago this little piece of metal was part of him, as much a part as any flesh and blood organ, stuck right in his neck and now he's holding it in his hands. Double ughh. Quickly dropping the gizmo into the vacuum sealing plastic bag he got from the hospital, Strahd tries to wipe away the non-existent blood on the front of his jacket, squicked out just from looking at the stupid thing.

Picking the pen back up, he jots down a solitary "Thank you." followed after a short pause by a "I don't mean to be rude, but are you a robot?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronic Asylum

"No. I am not a robot. I don't know what gave you that idea. It's kind of weird that so many people think that. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Eliza begins to put away her workstation, but one hand freezes up and makes an odd clicking noise. After a moment, she shakes it out and continues like nothing happened.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Even though the encounter in Mithar's Keep isn't technically over yet, Dorota returns, followed by Sizewell, who is carrying a large stack of books. Crissy, I'm back! She calls out as she heads to the employee-only area.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #130

Electronic Asylum

Well, the fact that her hand randomly freezes up is rather odd, but Strahd's used to people with little quirks like that. Shaking his head, he departs from the store, making a mental note to send her a cake or something.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Even though the encounter in Mithar's Keep isn't technically over yet, Dorota returns, followed by Sizewell, who is carrying a large stack of books. Crissy, I'm back! She calls out as she heads to the employee-only area.
    Crissy, who happened to be sitting at the table finishing the beef stew, grins and jumps up, rushing over to greet Dorotha with a hug!
    "Hey what did you get I missed you!" she declares, all in one breath.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Syela stands and waits for them to be done. Crissy certainly seems enthusiastic. The girl crosses her arms behind her back and tries to get a better look at Dorota for now.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota hugs Crissy back tightly, then she notices Syela.
    I picked up a lot of books that I wanted and met two very interesting people... but who's this? She says, looking at the girl. The alchemists looks like this:

There's also a clay golem behind her, standing slightly below two meters and with runes and symbols on his joints and neck.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Technoblins come into Mallside. (they are robotic goblins)

They begin setting up a new store: Zaratech Corporations Front Store

Inside it is filled with various inventions of both magic and technology combined together.

The person manning the counter, is also a Technoblin, one named Dollar Nose.
    "I smell profits here alright. Wonder what customers we'll get in this strange mash-up world… will be interesting to say the least..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Not long after the store starts being set up, the group will find themselves approached by a a woman with a smart business suit, pink horns, and three tails. Grace appears quite professional and distressingly irate. "Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?" She demands of the goblins.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2012-01-14 at 06:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

[EE]

"Oh! This is Syela. Syela, meet Dorotha. Syela wants to totally become an alchemist too," Crissy explains to Dorota with a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Syela is caught staring at the golem in utter amazement. Wooooow. She snaps out of it once she's addressed. "Nice to meet you. I was hoping you were looking for an apprentice. I've helped out an alchemist before, so I might already know a few things." Of course, that mostly consisted of collecting ingredients for the potions that the villagers were so fond of requesting every other day.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Not long after the store starts being set up, the group will find themselves approached by a a woman with a smart business suit, pink horns, and three tails. Grace appears quite professional and distressingly irate. "Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?" She demands of the goblins.
    The Technoblins look at her and say
    "Building a new store in the name of our Great Creator!"
    They proclaim without any hint of irony or sign that they caught the "distressingly irate" part of the social cue.
    "Hey, get back to work you."
    They immediately jump and go back to hurriedly working
    Dollar Nose turned to Grace.
    "Hello, who are you? M'names Dollar Nose, whats yer problem?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Oh? Dorota looks at Syela. Well, I could use an apprentice, I suppose. What exactly did you do for that alchemist?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Technoblins look at her and say
    "Building a new store in the name of our Great Creator!"
    They proclaim without any hint of irony or sign that they caught the "distressingly irate" part of the social cue.
    "Hey, get back to work you."
    They immediately jump and go back to hurriedly working
    Dollar Nose turned to Grace.
    "Hello, who are you? M'names Dollar Nose, whats yer problem?"
    "My problem," Grace says, biting her words, "Is that you're setting up a store without having obtained the proper permissions." She crosses her arms, tails swiping back and forth behind her angrily. "So you'd best do some good explaining."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "My problem," Grace says, biting her words, "Is that you're setting up a store without having obtained the proper permissions." She crosses her arms, tails swiping back and forth behind her angrily. "So you'd best do some good explaining."
    "Ugh. The Great Creator must've forgotten to check. Again. The guy who created us is not the most organized of fellows or one who really pays attention to the law of the land….how he is able to design us so well, we never know. What can this humble salesbot do to remedy this problem?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

"I suggest you start by removing everything you've set up, and taking it out of my mall." Grace says icily. "Once you've done that, if you are still interested in setting up shop here, then come speak to me, and hope I'm in a better mood, and that you've got a good proposal to make. I expect all of this to be gone in three hours- if it isn't, I'll have the security assist you out." She draws a business card out of her suit pocket, and extends it to the goblin. "If necessary, you can use the information on this card to contact me."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

"Business card scanned and saved."
    He calls someone on his cell phone.
    "I want you to…..yea, the entire store….yup teleport us all out…..that place will be good….as soon as possible please…see ya."
    He put away the cell phone and looked back to Grace
    "You asked for the store to be gone in three hours. I have made sure it will be gone in three seconds. You now have three seconds to vacate the interior of the store before your teleported out along with the store. Pleasure meeting you, if you make it out in time."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Grace doesn't even budge, though her expression gets colder, if that's even possible. When the store is teleported out, she completely fails to be teleported out with it. She does, however, walk out once everything is gone, double check to make sure the area is completely empty, then closes the shop front and heads to the food court to get some coffee.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Grace will find someone moderately interesting sitting in the food court at the moment, sipping from coffee and picking at a cinnamon bun while she reads a novel.

For the record, there is currently no fire surrounding her, and her wings are folded up against her back.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

Grace gives the woman a polite nod and a somewhat tense smile as she purchases a coffee and sandwich from Hansel's Bakery, then sits relatively nearby, where she can watch the people in the mall.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

Eventually the demonic young woman looks up from her book and glances around, and she looks almost surprised when she sees grace. She'll shove the rest of her cinnamon bun quickly down, washing it down with her extremely creamy coffee. A bookmark is placed into the novel and then put into her purse.

After all this is done, she will go over to Grace, "Excuse me, may i speak with you a moment?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Of course. What can I do for you, miss...?" Grace puts down her sandwich and offers the seat across from her with a gesture. She has a smile on her face, and while she is definitely striving for genuine politeness, she's probably lacking a bit of cheer at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Food Court]

"My name is Integrity Vaulla, Mistr- er, Ma'am," The half-demon very nearly blundered into saying something she really shouldn't have, "I understand you... may be able to help a half-demon like me get a job? You are Grace, the owner of the mall, yes?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-14 at 08:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[Food Court]

"Well, I can't hire for all the stores, of course, though there are a few things in the mall I own directly, and of course, there are jobs within the mall itself." Grace allows, picking up her coffee and taking a sip. "Is there a position you were considering?"