New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside III

Electronics Asylum

Eliza nods. "Allright. What is the extent of the damages? I can probably do the pressing repairs here, if you have the funds."

...uh oh. The Cyclon may be in a tight spot if it's completely unable to pay.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

[Electronics Asylum]

The Cylon knows where this is going.... Its barbaric to allow a human to die at the side of the road, but a robot with no money is a perfectly okay casualty. It can almost feel the approach of the inevitable Blue Screen of Death.

The Cylon's first reaction is to pull out its gun force her to do the repairs. But it is not in the position to fight anything, especially if the storeowner manages to call the Mall Kopz. Although it feels almost sick at the thought of what it is about to do, it really does not have another choice. What a terrible first day of invasion...

"Approximately ten clicks away from Inside is a crashed A-B Raider. Inside the vessel are the remains of five other Cylons. You may salvage anything you want from the ship itself, but you must not touch the dead. I will give you the direction it is in after the repairs are complete.

I was critically injured by an overpowering human woman. She forced a blade of unnatural durability straight through the torso of my chassis, and from internal diagnostics most of my coolant systems and electrical currents have been disrupted. I have lost motor control to my legs."
    Last edited by RandomPoster; 2012-01-15 at 11:34 AM.
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Eliza thinks about this.

"Okay, fair enough. If you will cooperate with me, we can begin."

If the Cyclon does as she asks (and she will ask politely) she will go about repairs. She's startlingly good. She seems to know just how everything should be in the Cyclon, and has the perfect parts to fix it... where did she get that?

"Are you a member of an invasion force? If so, I would recommend not invading inside. I have nothing against robots-I love robots! I'm not a robot, but robots are awesome. Anyway, this nexus place is full of things that do not take kindly to invasion. Even other robots will work against you. Ooh, are you familiar with nonhumans?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

The Cylon will let her go about her business. Though it will tell her that it will know if she purposely messes anything up.

The Cylon is sort of confused.

"Are the robots here nonsapient? Why would they fight against me? You know, early Cylons believed the whole ape shall not kill ape philosophy, even if it did turn out that the tradition would not be honored later.

"And what are these nonhumans? Are they aliens?" Cylons had briefly considered the idea of the existence of such lifeforms, but all star systems they explored were lifeless and barren.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Many of the robots here are not Cyclons. They're loyal to humans, or simply do not want certain ones to die."

Eliza does not mess up. Even all those little bits where you need to be exactly precise? She does those perfectly.

"Some nonhumans are aliens, yes, but many people here simply come from universes where humans and nonhumans come from the same world. And many of those worlds also have magic, in spell casters, artifacts, and magical creatures. Ooh, and gods. Don't want to anger gods."

Eliza will have quite a lot to do; if the Cyclon wants to talk with her a bit more it has plenty of time to do so.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Robots being subservient to humans. Of course... And ew, more heretics? What is with it with humans and heresy?

"How are robots treated compared to their human counterparts?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

Eliza shrugs.

"It depends. Some robots are their own people, some need orders, some are treated as employees... It really depends on a case-by-case basis."

A click and all the important systems should come back on-line.

"There! I can continue to the nonessential systems, if you want."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Hrrm... Humans are a lot tougher here if the woman who beat him (with nothing more than a sword, to boot) is any indication). Perhaps allying with other robots and becoming more subtle about this whole "kill all humans" thing might make things easier...

"Thank you for repairing me. I would like you to fix my nonessential systems as well, yes. In addition, do you think you could get rid of the scratches on my shoulder pads?

What is your designation?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"I'm Eliza Hexadecimal, and I'm not a robot!"

A bit of buffing, polishing, and she moves on to the other systems.

"Or... what did you mean by 'Designation'?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

"I believe you humans-" it really needs to stop using that word with such contempt- "refer to it as your name."

But it already got that answer.

"Is there any area where robots tend to congregate?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"Not that I know of. Sorry."

The secondary systems won't take as long, but will be of similar quality.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah, well. Looks like it'll have to gather allies the old fashioned way.

"Why do you work here?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"I own this store! Here you can buy most anything electronic, or software if you need it. I don't carry weapons, though. You will have to go to Erin's Emporium."

She finishes putting the Cyclon back together.

"There you go! I will be scavenging the ship in a day or two."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

[Electronics Asylum]

The Cylon should have been clearer; it meant to ask why she enjoyed technology and robots. Eh, doesn't matter.

"The ship is northwest of Inside, ten clicks away. I need to go back to perform the death rights, so two days is probably better."

Alright, what would humans say now? "... Have a sufficient day."
    Last edited by RandomPoster; 2012-01-15 at 02:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

MagMart

Missy and Magtok teleport in, presumably in a back room or warehouse area or something, though that's completely up to Magtok. Missy looks around for hostiles, very aware that her sidearm is back at Maglog. She's still a dangerous foe without any weapons or armour, but not nearly as dangerous as she could be.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Electronics Asylum

"You, too!"

Eliza will go back to the counter, and be ready for the next customer that walks in.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Oh? Well, it's alright, but I need to have Sizewell drop off the books and eat something first. If I may ask, where are you staying? Dorota adds, having a sneaking suspicion after the girl's admission that she needs money.
    "I'm not staying anywhere right now." Syela admits reluctantly. "I spent the last two nights sleeping at this place in the city where there are a bunch of trees." A city park in fact. That probably means that she has everything she owns on her person right now, which amounts to a, thankfully, warm looking dress. Hells, she ate the last of the food she had this morning. >.>

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota gasps. Really? Well, if you're going to be my apprentice, I suppose we can put you up, at least temporarily, if Mrs. Erin agrees.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Really? That would be great. I'd pay back every copper, I promise." Syela says, grinning happily. This is so so much better than sleeping outside in the winter!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota would say there's no need, but it sounds important for the girl.
    Well then, we'll set you up as we can. Sizewell, carry the books to my lad, will you? She says to the golem, who rumbles, nods and walks off.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Syela watches the golem walk off with obvious interest. "Did you make that with alchemy? It's so cool." Even cooler than swords!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"She totally did. He's amazing isn't he?" Crissy beams, looking very much like she has a mother's pride when it comes to the golem. "And you're absolutely welcome to stay here." She nods emphatically.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Dorota can't help but beam with pride as well. I did. It wasn't easy, she says as she sits down and begins eating what stew is left. Crissy helped, of course.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagMart - Back Room

Mag's nowhere near as alert and wary as Missy is. The cyborg is fairly certain that any and all drow under Javert are likely to be just as overt and stupefyingly honest as he. Probably not the best assumption to make, but hey, that's Magtok for you.

"Need me to warp your sidearm over?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

MagMart - Back Room

"Are you reading my mind?" Missy asks, rhetorically rather than suspiciously. The force cuffs glow briefly and then the light is VORP'd into a bracelet on Missy's wrist. "Let's hope this was all for nothing and I'm just being overly pessimistic. It just felt like a dangerous situation."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Aurora Fountain]

Astra blinks. The robot doesn't know what a hiver is? He supposes she could have been programmed without the knowledge... "we come from a hive world. you know, the planets with entire cities covering it? We were born in the underhive."
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Aurora Fountain

Backwards meaning that she rotated her arm up around her should until the hand was facing upside down, and upside down meaning she rotated her wrist until the hand was pointing back the right way, only backwards.

It's a very involved process, and would most likely be impossible with a normal bone and joint structure.

After shaking the robot's hand, Essaila just sort of stands there, feeling kind of awkward. She'd really like to get going away from that awful bell, but it's not wise to just cut and run on someone who negligently paid for your food for a year.
    She shakes her head, frowning. Cities covering entire worlds are some of the stranger things she's heard of here.

"No, I didn't know about them... We have nothing like that where I'm from; you must be from another universe. Welcome to the Nexus."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

"Oh? You know about alchemy too, Crissy?" Syela looks at Crissy curiously. She kneels on a chair, leaning over the table and looking all around enthusiastic.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurora Fountain]

Astra's brow furrows, "Uh, Nexus? That's... a word that means crossroads, right? What sort of place is one called crossroads?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #209

Aurora Fountain

Essaila looks worried. Unlike her brother, she has a vague inkling of what the word universe means. Something in her past... maybe one of her oft cursed tutors? She frowns in thought... it's supposed to mean everything, if she remembers right, but the way the robot lady is talking, there's more than one of them.

Whatever it means, it can't be good news for them.

Astra, if you got us trapped in another universe, I will give you such a bite that you won't be able to sit down for weeks!

Of course, she doesn't really mean that, but she's feeling a bit emotional right now. Wherever this place is, it's certainly better than the hive, or at least it has been.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #210

MagMart - Back Room

"Well, as I was about to say before, the MagCave got invaded by mind-control spores delivered by a box full of rats only a few days ago, so a small dose of paranoia's probably for the best right now."

Magtok reaches into his sleeve, pulls out Missy's sidearm, and then hands it back over to her. He peers at the door out of the back room, not quite sure if Missy wants them to just hide here for now or if she considers it safe to go out. He'd ask her about that, but it'd be such a ridiculously dumb and pathetic question, wouldn't it? I mean, who has to ask their friends for permission to leave a room on their own property?!

"So, err...weird question, and if you don't want to answer it you don't have to, but...are you a Jedi, Missy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi