New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Journey in the Dark

Nysan draws his Greatsword, assumes his punishing stance and bounds forward as quickly as possible to close with the figure, eager to get fighting.

Full Round Action to move up to the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well that was anti-climactic...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Glon moves to line up a shot, drawing a bead with his crossbow as he runs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to... Move. Specifically into the room.
    Standard to fire his crossbow.
    Attack (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage (1d8)[1]
    Sneak Attack damage if applicable(1d6)[3]
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The man falls with a yell of pain and a look of surprise as Vassi's blade opens up his belly. Just as he falls, two more of the same ilk appear around the opening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeaahhhh. I may need to make the rest of this place significantly harder.

MAP KEY
    Light blue -- shallow water, puddles basically.
    Dark blue -- deep water, requires swimming.
    Black -- unexplored areas.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

OOC Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just a note, before you start giving everything three extra levels of Warblade: that was, essentially, Vassi's "nova". She expended two of her three Inspiration points, managed to catch him flat footed, and rolled maximum damage to boot. You shouldn't expect that every time she attacks, unless every encounter you planned is a single dude in charging distance.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-01-23 at 10:29 PM.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fact remains that even if you'd rolled poorly, on damage and Iaijutsu focus, he'd probably be dead, and that's before the four other party members. I'm not going to make everything insanely more powerful. Probably just give it all one level up (as a decent portion of it was first level guys. Which any one of you can one-shot.)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Daftendirekt View Post
    OOC
    Fact remains that even if you'd rolled poorly, on damage and Iaijutsu focus, he'd probably be dead, and that's before the four other party members. I'm not going to make everything insanely more powerful. Probably just give it all one level up (as a decent portion of it was first level guys. Which any one of you can one-shot.)
    Oh, well, right. That makes sense, then. Ignore me, good sir, and buff them mooks.

LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn right. You guys aren't supposed to be THAT heroic.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tsal scurries into the room, oversized crossbow at the ready. He swings it back and forth as he quickly scans the room's interior, but, seeing nothing immediately hostile within, sets himself to pepper the first foe to show itself in plain sight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Blade of Blood
    Move: Move to N-7
    Standard: Ready action to crossbow the first of the two enemies outside the door to move into a clear field of view.
    Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.

Avatar by the wonderful Ceika. Many praises be unto she.

Live your life without regrets.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Konig waddles into the room behind the others, barely able to make it into the room in the time it takes the younger ones to act. "Now, now, what's all the commotion? Did we find the bugger?" he asks. The question is answered by the odd corpse on the floor, which causes Konig to clap his hands in delight. "Fantastic, chaps," he calls, "what a truly odd specimen!"

double move action: move to M6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the men moves into the opening, stepping over his comrade's body and brandishing his shortsword at Nysan. As he comes into view, Tsal lines up his shot and fires. The shot flies over Nysan's shoulder... and the strange man's. bouncing off the rock wall behind him and falling into the ankle-deep water. An expression of relief flashes across his face at his narrow escape, and then he swings his blade at the horned man in front of him. It slashes a long gash in Nysan's arm, blood spraying onto the nearby bed and dripping onto the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll (-4 for firing into melee)(1d20+4)[10]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

Map

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Couldn't roll it in the other post in case Tsal's readied action killed him. Also, I forgot.

#3 Attack: (1d20+2)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Grunting in pain, Nysan fights through the burning agony of his large wound. Not holding back, he uses his Sapphire Nightmare Blade on the being that just attacked him.

Standard Action - Sapphire Nightmare Blade
    Concentration - (1d20+6)[20] DC is the enemies AC.
    If successful, the enemy is flat-footed against my attack and Nysan deals an extra (1d6)[4] damage. If it fails, he's at a -2 attack penalty this attack.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage - (2d6+6)[17]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

The second man falls with a scream as Nysan's blade practically slices him in half, blood pooling quickly and mixing in with the water in the tunnel behind him. The remaining figure, a female, looks nervously through the opening at the blood-spattered tiefling with his massive sword, holding her own blade -- tiny in comparison -- up in a defensive position.

“Alssarg mish tu klakt,” she whispers hopelessly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaaand greatswords at low levels, hahaha.

Initiative:
    Party <--
    Mobs

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Glon rushes to defend the creature in word if not in deed.
    Disarm her. She'll be no threat to us without a blade and we might get the measure of what haunts these halls.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi shoots him a glare, and then looks to the woman. "Hello? Gnurlan? Xiax'it? Filliatinnis?" Her language changes with each word, cycling through Common, Dwarvan, Terran, and Gnomish, seeking a language the woman speaks before resorting to killing her.

LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman has a confused look on her face as the party stands there not killing her. She then begins to speak rapidly in a language none of them understand.

"Visssya! Manta da Alssarg! Nu krishne ve tsu! Alssarg ett mishu!"

Although none of then can understand what she is saying, Vassi -- with her vast knowledge of various things -- recognizes enough to realize that the woman is speaking Aquan. From her tone, she appears to be admonishing the group, pointing back the way they came, as if telling them to leave.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi shakes her sleeves over her quickrazor bracers and then holds up her hands slowly, showing the woman that she's completely unarmed. "She's speaking Aquan. I don't, and apparently neither do you." She looks back to the woman, and then gestures to herself and her companions.

"We are many. You are one." Vassi points to the woman, then mimes putting a blade down on the ground. She keeps talking, her voice very soft and comforting. "Please, put it down. You don't need to die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff, of the "convey subliminal information" variety: (1d20+1)[6]

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman bares her mouthful of pointed teeth at the gnome, shaking her head and brandishing her blade.

"Visssya! Alssarg ett mishu! Frii canta ni Alssarg!"

And with that she takes off down the tunnel, running a few steps before diving into the deeper water with a loud splash.

Map

19. - Top - End - #109

"That went... poorly..." Tsal notes dryly, lowering his weapon and approaching Nysan. He looks over the tiefling's injury, then lets out a vexed tsk.

"I can't fix that all the way, but I can take away some of the pain, if you'll allow?" He holds the fingers of one hand over the gash down Nysan's arm, and his fingertips begin to glow with a soft white light. The skin around the slice seems to flow together, rippling like the water of a still pond disturbed by a thrown rock. The bleeding stops immediately, but when Tsal withdraws his hand, a large, pinkish area of tender flesh still remains.

Looking at the two fallen attackers, Tsal purses his lips in consideration. "I could bring the one back around if anyone wants to try to talk again, but I think the other is too far gone for my magic to be of much help."

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch of Healing on Nysan, bringing him up to 8 hp. Can't heal him for more than that without other means.
    Last edited by Circle of Life; 2012-01-28 at 04:13 PM.
    Dealing with massive extended family DRAMAAAAA, posting slow to nonexistent until issues resolved.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi shakes her head in the negative, still watching the water. "I doubt they speak Common or Undercommon. They seem to speak Aquan, and based on what she just did they're apparently partially aquatic. I don't think we should follow her; going into that water seems like a great way to get drowned or stabbed."

LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Nysan attempts to refuse the proffered aid from Tsal, but easily gives in at the realisation of just how bad his wound is. "That was quite a cut I took. Those toads have some fight in them, I'll give them that." Smiling, he nods thankfully to Tsal. "Still. I've had worse."

Walking over to one of the corpses, he gives it a nudge with his foot before inspecting it for possessions. "I am inclined to agree with Vassi. I've had enough of water for a while, that bridge incident was bad enough. I have no doubt that worse is to come, but I would much rather minimize our exposure."

Surveying the scene around him, Nysan makes sure the rest of the party is okay before continueing. "So what now?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Judging from their almost complete lack of clothing, it seems they may have been in the middle of taking a leisurely swim, or perhaps bathing. Nevertheless, the only things in their possession are the shortswords they were wielding, and their now-bloodstained trousers.

With the battle subsided, the group has a chance to take in the room they're currently standing in. The walls are lined with beds, although the one near the collapsed wall appears to be ready to collapse due to wet rot. There is a small table with a drawer in it near the door, and a long table in the center of the room, which is scattered with plates and scraps of food, as well as a deck of playing cards. At regular intervals around the room, clusters of the same luminescent moss as before are mounted, providing a soft glow to the room, providing a bit of color by alleviating the need for colorless darkvision.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi looks around for anything of value, keeping an eye out on the water for any sign of the woman. "I'd like a few minutes to catch my breath and refocus; killing that guy took a lot of concentration, and I won't be able to repeat myself if we have to fight again in the next couple minutes. Is that alright with you guys?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Getting my Inspiration back would be excellent, if it's fine by you guys.

LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #114

Tsal shrugs and fiddles with one of the many various gears and levers along the sides of his crossbow. "You can't rush greatness. Take your time."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Firbolg in the Playground

Konig exhales heavily. "Hmph, fine by me. I'll take a poke around" he says. While the gnome rests, the scientist begins intently studying the body of the semi-aquatic creature, as well as the surrounding environs. He closes his eyes and breathes deeply, attempting to sense the disturbances of intense magno-lectrical energies in the area. Some called it magic, but Konig always harrumphed at that silly notion; instead, it was clear that anything out of the ordinary could be explained by a series of lengthy calculations dealing with the presence of strong magnetic minerals or the lingering effects of lightning in the area. Why couldn't people accept the simple answers that science provided?

OOC: Konig casts Detect Magic (but don't try to tell him that) and concentrates for as long as possible, turning around slowly in order to scan the entirety of the room.

ROLLS:
    Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+6)[9]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[5]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[18]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[18]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[14]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[15]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[7]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[12]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[10]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[24]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Konig doesn't detect the presence of anything out of the ordinary. Anything outside the room would be blocked by the thick stone walls.

27. - Top - End - #117

Tsal allows several minutes to pass while Vassi regains her inner focus, then motions back out to the hallway. "Shall we continue, then?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi nods, and checks her arm-blades with a quick whirl. "That sounds excellent, Tsal, and I thank you all for the quick break; killing like that really drains me. Let's be off, though, before more of them show up." She heads to the door and opens it softly, looking about for any trouble.

LGBTitP

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Map.

Peering south down the hallway, Vassi sees that it is devoid of life for the moment. Like the little they had seen thus far, it was smooth stone walls and a ceiling perhaps fifteen feet high. This hallway is wider than the previous one, allowing two to walk abreast instead of going single-file.

As the door is not right in front of the hallway but rather slightly off from it, she can only see about ten feet down its length. What she can see seems to be strewn with rubble -- crumbled rock and bits of broken wood. The place is strangely quiet, save for the ever-present dripping of water, her own breathing, and the movement of her comrades behind her.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Vassi makes her way down the hallway, her legs prepared to leap at the nearest threat and her ears primed to hear anything lurking in the the darkness. She moves quickly but cautiously, giving the others plenty of time to follow behind her. She continues down the hallway until she reaches another door or object of interest, on the watch for hostiles all the while.

LGBTitP