New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Harnel's Room]

Harnel nods, standing up. Once he has, he makes a slight bow, still a little off balance for his awakening, "I contacted a man named Savros from my home world. Once they understood the concept of various worlds from what I told them of the Nexus, they didn't find it terribly difficult to open portals to other worlds. With a small amount of money as a donation, they were happy to give me plenty of books drawn from my homeworld as well as the libraries of various other universes."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

"What kind of book do you like then Sakura?" Cessie asks gently as she sits down at the bed.

[Somewhere In The Keep]

Ariel may or may have not followed Cessie so I can't really say if she's here or not.

"And some sort of imposter Harnel is now walking around trying to seduce Kirin with fey apple pie?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

"I see." Nadas says, with another head nod.

He's talkative today, isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

That's interesting, Dorota says. I wonder if there are more people out there who try to use Nexus' properties in such ways.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Sakura sits down as well, rather relieved to do so. Her back has actually been mostly fine (Thanks to Libra. I'd forgotten about that.), but her legs and feet are killing her. "Hm, do you have any stories of some kind? I read a romance book before, and I was reading an adventure book." She's had a lot of time to read lately. A shame she's going to have far less soon.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somewhere In The Keep

Kirin looks confused.

"A copy? Fey apple pie? What... what?"

Kirin shakes her head. "I guess it's a good thing I had that big sandwich, so I didn't devour that pie. What's special about fey pie?"

Apparently, no one told her about that incident.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in the Keep]

"It lowers inhibitions," Harnel says, "Like getting drunk. Same sort of hangover too, but it's even worse since, while you have a clear head for the most part, you feel almost a need to do what you want at the time. And if turns you into a fey blooded creature until it wears off." That's Harnel's understanding of it

8. - Top - End - #428

[Harnel's Room]

"I would be surprised if no one would have attempt to use the nature of the nexus to their advantage at this point. I myself have been given up to understand it's exact nature but that doesn't mean everyone else have." Cessie says, then turning to Harnel. "In any case we should probably leave you alone if you're feeling ill dear."

[Sakura's Room]

"I don't have a lot of that kind but I think I could burrow a few from Harnel. He got a few, just let me go and get them." ANd if Sakura doesn't protest, she will.

Not sure what books Harnel got though.

[Somewhere in the Keep]

"But that's not what's important, do any of you have any idea why there is running around some kind of impersonator here? I don't have time to deal with it as I'm trying to get your cure Harnel." Cessie replies.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

"Thanks Cessie." Sakura says as her friend departs. While Cessie is gone, the dryad busies herself making the bed comfortable for being there a while. This requires careful pillow placement. She's never appreciated pillows so much in her whole life as she has while pregnant. She definitely needs more pillows, but she'll make do with what she has for now. By the time Cessie returns, Sakura will be propped up comfortably with three behind her back and one elevating her feet.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

"It's fine, you just caught me while I was asleep. Ask me any questions you like; I'll be happy to answer." Harnel says, pulling the bed closer to the door so that he has something comfortable to sit on.

[Searching for Books]

Assuming Cessie checks Harnel's room for the books for Sakura, Harnel will be asleep at the time. Not much else to do, after all. Cessie knows he's a fairly heavy sleeper, So if she wants to get the adventure books from his room she doesn't have to wake him up. they happen to be sitting on the dresser, rather close to the door.

[Somewhere in the Keep]

Harnel shakes his head, "I don't know where he came from or what he wants. I'm going to track him down and see what's what while you're out. It'll give me something to focus on other than being stuck in one place and worrying about you."

11. - Top - End - #431

[Somewhere in the Keep]

The mage turn to Wenomir as Harnel finishes speaking, "Wenomir, will you try take care of him if you do this? This corruption is effecting him rather heavily, I'm not sure his judgement can be trusted at times."

[Searching for Books]

The mage will deactivate the field and enter the room quietly to see what books Sakura might like.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

[Searching for Books]

For the most part, Harnel's selection of books is limited to adventure stories of various kinds, as well as the collection of fencing books Wenomir got for him. remarkably, though, there's a pair of romance novels as well if that's something Cessie feels might take Sakura's fancy.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

[Somewhere in the Keep]

Wenomir nods. I'll do my best. Now we need to hurry before this doppelganger does something really awful that'll be blamed on Harnel. I've seen it before, when I was still in GLoG. Wasn't pretty.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #434

[Searching for Books]

Romance novels? What was he doing with those? He must have brought them in here to pass the time. Cessie sigh, she had longed for him ever since he got trapped in this little room, possibly even more then normal. There was something about the smell of him that just made her want to be with him.

She takes a deep breath and picks up one of the books. But before she goes she will sit down by his bed and slowly run her fingers through his hair, just looking at him sleeping.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

[Searching for Books]

Harnel doesn't wake to Cessie's touch, and he looks fairly peaceful where he is. As Cessie runs her hand through his hair, she can feel from their bond a slight increase of general happiness, like his dreams reacted to the gentle touch. It seems he's enjoying this, even if he doesn't realize it's happening. It's a nice contrast to the worry and anger that's been almost constantly present since the change came over him.

16. - Top - End - #436

[Somewhere in the Keep]

Cessie let's out a sigh, "Alright, thank you for doing this Wenomir."

She then turns to Harnel again, "Just promise you're careful and stay with Wenomir. Don't run do anything stupid like running off on your on while you're in this state. We know very little about this doppleganger but he could be very dangerous, especially for you."

[Searching for Books]

The sorceress smiles and can't help to continue her rub, going up along the half-dragons horns and down between his shoulders, feeling his scales against the delicate palm of her hand.

Eventually she moves in to kiss the back of his head.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-01 at 08:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere in the Keep]

Harnel nods, "You have my promise Cessie, that I will have at least one person with me at all times to keep me in check." Harnel says. He's being sincere; after what happened to Ariel, he doesn't trust himself to go without aid, and they don't know what this double is capable of either.

[No longer searching for books]

While running her hand through his hair may not have done anything to wake Harnel up, the closeness and him feeling her through their bond rouses him slightly.

"...Cessie...?"

It seems he's still mostly asleep. If Cessie stops now, he'll probably simply descend back into slumber.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-01 at 08:40 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

[Somewhere in the Keep]

This is all well and good, but we don't actually have any idea where the doppelganger might be at the moment. Since he can fly just like Harnel, tracking won't do us much good, Wenomir points out.

19. - Top - End - #439

[Somewhere in the Keep]

"I can't really help you with that as I have other things to take care of." Cessie replies. "But if he really fell out the window, there is a chance he might have left something there. It's a start at least, he must have gotten all those things he had with him from somewhere right?"

She looks at Kirin to see if she will be of any help.

"I'm here, everything is okay." She whispers quietly into his ear as she continues to give him a gentle back rub, using only one had.

Sakura could wait a minute or two couldn't she?

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

[No Longer Searching for Books]

Cessie can feel Harnel's densely corded muscle underneath his scales as she moves her hand, and through the physical aspect of their bond she can feel how nice he finds her touch. He'll attempt to turn his head and give her a kiss as she does this, not really wanting to move. Her presence makes him feel all warm inside, after all.

21. - Top - End - #441

Cessie's lips parts as if to say something but then she decides to put them against his instead. Her swollen belly gently brushing past his arm as she moves a bit closer to him.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will turn over as he kisses Cessie; she doesn't need the bond to understand his desire for her, his need to be with her. all of that is in the way he moves his body next to hers, and the bond simply reinforces those feelings. He'll move his hand towards her back as he does this, attempting to pull her closer to him.

23. - Top - End - #443

She let's him pull her closer but she knows she need to put an end to this soon enough, no matter how much she had longed to be with him again. She had some very conflicting feelings at the moment but she knew she could limit herself, this was just some snuggling.
    "Harnel?" She asks quietly as they break off.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

[No Longer Searching For books]

Harnel's eyes open and he likes slightly groggy towards Cessie, the blood red color of his previously golden eyes glowing in the dim light. He seems to guess what Cessie is thinking, "Yes, Sia Memamosal... I know." He looks put out by that fact, but he has enough willpower to keep himself from doing something stupid, "Just... stay with me a moment?"

25. - Top - End - #445

[No Longer Searching For books]

The sorceress smiles back at him, "Of course I'll stay with you a bit." She says as she lay down in the bed besides him. "We have done this before haven't we? I'm not afraid of you." She gently starts to brush his hair again.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

[No Longer Searching For Books]

"Yeah, we have," Harnel smiles, letting out a little chuckle. Slowly, his face changes to a more somber look, and Cessie will be able to tell even before he says them that his next words have a lot of importance, "Cessie, you and our children mean the world to me. You are everything, and I will never hurt you. Even like this, I will protect you to the best of my ability, for as long as I draw breath."

27. - Top - End - #447

[No Longer Searching For Books]

The sorceress just shakes her head and smiles, "I know Harnel, that's what attracted me to you in the first place." She gives away a short laugh, "Well, that among other things."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel smiles at that, showing his sharp teeth as he does, "Ah scales. Protect you in battle, attract the most beautiful woman in the world. They're quite a thing to have."

"What did you come to the room for, though? I imagine you must have had a reason, right?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Somewhere in the Keep]

"I can't really help you with that as I have other things to take care of." Cessie replies. "But if he really fell out the window, there is a chance he might have left something there. It's a start at least, he must have gotten all those things he had with him from somewhere right?"

She looks at Kirin to see if she will be of any help.
    Kirin seems to think. "Umm... 'fell' might not be technically accurate. It was... a bit of a launch, I think, so we might have to check a bit away from the window. Next time I looked he was gone, and I'm not sure where he would have went. He could have just flown away, I guess, but we should at least look."

30. - Top - End - #450

"Ah, yes. I was going to get a book for Sakura as she will be staying with us a while. I gave her the guest room on the bottom floor." Cessie explains with a smile as she scratches Harnel behind the ear a bit. "Maybe you like to see her? You could come out your room for a while."