New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[No Longer Searching For Books]

Harnel nods, "I'd like that. I've always enjoyed Sakura's company, after all." That said, he isn't moving just yet. This is too nice.

He'll run his claws gently through Cessie's hair, just loving her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kirin seems to think. "Umm... 'fell' might not be technically accurate. It was... a bit of a launch, I think, so we might have to check a bit away from the window. Next time I looked he was gone, and I'm not sure where he would have went. He could have just flown away, I guess, but we should at least look."
    [Somewhere in the Keep]

"She we could at least have a look." Cessie says and then adds. "And Kirin, you're still ready to go to the graveyard right?" She asks the catgirl as they presumably start walking outside.

"Yeah... she's a bit troubled that Adir haven't come home yet so don't try to mention him too much okay?" Cessie says as she is relaxing against the half-dragon.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel himself looks a bit concerned, but doesn't force Cessie to tell him anything, "I'll avoid it, certainly. I don't have tact all the time, but at least I can keep myself from doing something stupid with a bit of forewarning, right?"

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

[Somewhere in the Keep]

Wenomir will follow the rest outside. He's rather skeptical about their chances of finding the doppelganger... he can't follow his scent while accompanied by the real Harnel, as it's identical.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Nadas stays quiet and lets Dorota ask any questions she might have! Quiet, quiet.

[Outside]

Harnel actually didn't land after being defenestrated. See, he grabbed into the keep with his claws, maneuvering out of sight of the bedroom Kirin was in at the time before flying away. So there should be gouges in the wall face to find once one actually takes the time to look for them. And while it does give a general direction of where he took off from, he's had a fairly decent head start and could be anywhere by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Harnel's Room]

"It's fine, you just caught me while I was asleep. Ask me any questions you like; I'll be happy to answer." Harnel says, pulling the bed closer to the door so that he has something comfortable to sit on.
    Well, I met Cessie and Nadas while looking for books about construct sentience. Do you know anything about it, or perhaps know of any books in your collection about it? Dorota asks, straightening the glasses on her nose again. She does that a lot when talking.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Somewhere in the Keep]

"She we could at least have a look." Cessie says and then adds. "And Kirin, you're still ready to go to the graveyard right?" She asks the catgirl as they presumably start walking outside.
    Kirin will follow if Cessie leads. "Yeah, I'm still ready to go. I have everything on me!"

Knives, backpack full of snacks and that boomerang... yep, that's everything.

8. - Top - End - #458

[Harnel's Room]

"Yes, I was looking for a volume that would help me create the guardian I mentioned would help us taking care of the children once they were born." Cessie explains to Harnel.

"Of course." Cessie replies with a smile as she then sigh a bit. "So you tell me when you like to go down alright? I guess we can lay here all day."

[Outside]

Cessie looks around a bit before she shakes her head, "Nothing I can see at least. Whatever he is, he doesn't leave any magical traces so it's something more then a illusion at least."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Harnel's expression says it all; he's not sure. He certainly didn't go through every book that he got from his friends at the college; there's too many for that, and since he's never been particularly magically inclined he wasn't all that interested in which sort of books they are to begin with, "There should be some books like that, certainly. Whether I can tell you which ones they are is an entirely different matter.

[Outside]

Harnel will fly up to the window his double came out of, checking it for details that might hint at his whereabouts, "There's claw marks in the stone! Damn, I'm going to have to get that repaired... We have a general direction for where he went, at least."

Harnel smiles, "Come on, we shouldn't keep Sakura waiting if you just came up to get a book for her. I'll come down and say hello as well."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

"General" being the operative word, Wenomir says skeptically, folding his arms across his chest. He could have turned anywhere after flying off. And because he's flying, I'd have trouble tracking him by scent even if it wasn't identical to the real Harnel's.

11. - Top - End - #461

"Alright, let me just get up..." And Cessie will slowly get up from the bed, her belly and back aching once again.

She groans, "I don't get how Sakura do it, she's even bigger then me at this point."

[Outside]

"He's right Harnel, your impersonator could be anywhere at this point if he can fly and since I don't see any obvious tracks around here I have to assume he can." She's not exactly the worlds greatest tracker however.

[Harnel's Room]

"That's alright dear, we were just going to ask." Cessie replies. "If you don't know, you don't know. We can look around ourselves." She says with a slight nod.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Harnel shrugs. He'd help if he could, but frankly he didn't choose the books; He just gave the wizards a few topics and they ran with it.

[Outside]

Harnel nods dropping down near the group, "We need to work out some sort of word, to prevent getting fooled into thinking the doppelganger is the real thing, so that if it takes too long to find him then we know who it is when he tries to access my things." Those are Harnel's things, dammit!

[No longer Searching For Books]

Harnel gets up as well, doing his best to try and support Cessie. If she looks like she's about to fall, he'll catch her. Even if she doesn't fall, he's going to attempt to pick her up to carry down the stair.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-01 at 05:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

"Airooli!"

Kirin says the word, and a smile appears on her face and she giggles a bit. After a moment she regains her composure.

"Long story... well, it's a made-up word. It was a joke with a friend of mine about magic words... and I think it's pretty cool. It's a funny word."

14. - Top - End - #464

[Outside]

"'Access your things'?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow. "We don't even know the exact nature of this 'clone' or what his goals are."

Then Kirin says something weird which catches her attention. "Sounds strange enough to work as a code word, good thinking." She says with a nod.

Cessie won't fall you know.

She just have some problem getting up, but she eventually will and they can finally both go down to Sakura with her book.

"Here you are, sorry it took so long. I was talking to Harnel." She gestures towards the demonic half-dragon. "Where is Sarget anyway? He must be near here."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-02 at 09:28 AM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, hey Harnel. Are you doing okay?" Sakura asks, giving a small smile, but it's not enough to hide her concern. "Sarget is around, but he hasn't been doing well, so he hasn't been too close." This further deteriorates Sakura's mood. Hopefully they can do something for Harnel and Sarget soon.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Harnel lets out a sigh, and tries to put on a good face,"I'm fine for the most part; going a bit stir crazy, but I know it's best that I stay put"

He's imagining how Sakura must be feeling right now; unable to tell where Adir had vanished, and given her condition unable to go out and search for him. on top of that, nobody had any idea where he'd gone

[Outside]

Harnel smiles, "It's as good a word as any, I suppose, and the doppelganger isn't likely to guess that. Just remember that if I don't say it before starting a conversation, it isn't me."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Nadas waits for a decision to be made.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #468

[Sakura's Room]

"Don't worry Sakura, I'm just going to locate a dragon graveyard where I will find the cure for both Sarget and Harnel." The sorceress replies. "You can both just relax, I will take care of everything."

[Outside]

"Of course, just focus on finding him okay? I'm going to head to the dragon graveyard now with Kirin. I will seal off the keep so he won't be able to get inside again." Cessie says.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Sakura nods. "Thanks, Cessie." Hopefully that's one less thing to worry about. She has enough to worry about already. More than she should have to. It's wearing at her already.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-02-02 at 04:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Well, I guess we'll have to look for the books ourselves. It was great to meet you anyway, Harnel, Dorota says.

[Outside]

Wenomir nods. Alright. We'll start with the most frequented areas and work our way from there. Maybe check if the duplicate visited Watchtower, too.

21. - Top - End - #471

[Outside]

"He had the fey pie, he must have been at Watchtower already. Talking to Terrie is probably your best lead at this point but I don't she know about his whereabouts." Cessie tells Wenomir.

[Harnel's Room]

"I'll come up to you later." The mage says with a nod in Harnel's direction before staring to walk back to the library. "So if we are going to meet again, where can I reach you two by the way?"

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library walk]

"Well I have a small camp outside the Weald that I stay at. I investigate the place quite frequently. But there's also the library." He doesn't have a thread as a home. Not since the Weald thread died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Room]

Harnel waves goodbye to the group as they leave, before laying back down in bed and succumbing to lethargy once more.

[Sakura's Room]

Harnel smiles ad moves to give Cessie a kiss... but hesitates, stopping mid movement, and going back to standing where he was, looking a bit more awkward than before. Whether this is due to Sakura's presence or the thought that he simply shouldn't is something Harnel isn't sharing, "I know you will Cessie."

[Ouside]

Harnel nods, "Alright then. Even if Terrie doesn't know, one of the others might."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

[Library walk]

I have a room above Erin's Emporium where I work, Dorota explains.

[Outside]

Terrie? You mean that little dryad I saw scurrying about? Either way, Watch is a good place to start. Let's go. He motions for Harnel to follow him.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Harnel will follow Wenomir, expecting that the demon hunter doesn't want to try his hand at flying again.

26. - Top - End - #476

[Sakura's Room]

The mage gives Harnel an odd look, "Is something wrong Harnel?" She says with some concern, she knew what the hesitation might be for, but she still worried.

[Library walk]

"Erin's emporium? Isn't that the weapon shop? I can't say I'm familiar with the Weald though. What is it?" Cessie asks as they are walking down the stairs.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library walk]

"It's actually a rather magical forest with very unusual properties. There many undiscovered flora and fauna there. It's quite dangerous though, due to the amount of fey and aggressive creatures in there. I work on the outskirts. I hope to one discover something useful for medicine to cure an as of yet uncured ailment. But for now, I've been cataloging."

There's the talkative Nadas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Sakura fiddles with the blanket a little. She bites her lip. she should probably let them be alone a bit, but they're in her room. "Well, thanks for the book." She says. "I guess I better rest now."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sakura's Room]

Harnel nods, shuffling out the door.

Assuming Cessie follows, once they're out of earshot of Sakura he'll say, "Sorry about that. If Adir's missing i don't really want Sakura... thinking about such things, I suppose." Hopefully Cessie can make the logic leap to what Harnel means.

30. - Top - End - #480

[Library walk]

"I have been in neither but it's good to know so I can contact you. Once I start making the guardian, which should be soon, I might need your help. Would it be okay if I contact you telepathically in the future? For assistance I mean." They could be pen pals!

[Outside Sakura's Room]

The mage sigh, "I should have realized that, what kind of friend am I really?" She shakes her head. "It's just so much right now with both you and Sakura in trouble... I really hope Adir returns soon."