New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

Pantry

Kashi laments Sakura's lack of understanding, but there really isn't anything either one of them can do about it.

Well, there is one trick Kashi hasn't tried in a while. He grabs another onion from the bag and scarfs it down too, before sticking out his tongue, revealing a slip of gold foil, imprinted with a nice short little message in common.

Hi, I'm Kashi, Harnel's Pet! Even his writing is over excited. Assuming Sakura takes the slip of gold and reads it, this will possibly go much more smoothly. Maybe he'll even get to eat some more.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

It'll take Sakura a moment to figure out what Kashi wants her to do, but she will end up taking the piece of foil and reading it... Thank goodness she can read now, eh?

"Oh, right." Now it's coming back to her, but... "You still can't eat all the food, even if you are allowed to be here." She says in a admonishing tone.

3. - Top - End - #513

Pantry

Kashi tilts his head curiously, not seeming to understand Sakura's logic. Time for another slip of foil it seems.

This one is a bit longer, "But then what am I supposed to eat? Harnel and everyone left, and I'm really hungry." To be fair, Kashi is always hungry. The massive serpentine dragon eyes a cured ham on a lower shelf while he waits for Sakura's answer.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Sakura reads the slip, and before replying, looks past the dragon and into the pantry. Wow, he's already ate a lot of food. "It looks like you already ate a lot. I think you've had enough for right now."

5. - Top - End - #515

Pantry

Gah! Didn't this girl... woman, whatever, know anything? Kashi was starving!

The dragon snorts, and turns his head from Sakura. She's not the boss of him, and there's still plenty of food left to eat.

His head will snake out and attempt to grab at the ham, gobbling it up wrapper and all unless Sakura tries to stop him.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Sakura is a small woman who's only a few days away from giving birth. The last thing she's going to is even think about stopping a twenty foot long dragon who's set on eating that ham.

She puts her hands on her hips and looks anything but pleased. "Stop that right now, or I'll..." She not really sure what she'd do to be honest. "Or... I'll tell Harnel."

7. - Top - End - #517

Pantry

Kashi's eyes go wide as plates, and his snout stops scant inches from the ham. He slowly turns back towards Sakura, and gives what would be a light sniffle if he wasn't a hulking beast.

Instead, it sounds like a car revving up.

Sh-she wouldn't really do that, would she? Damn, it looks like she would. Kashi slumps to the floor, forlorn and properly scolded, with his eyes downcast.

Is he... yes, it seems he's having a cry now. How sad.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Library walk]

"Spirits make up everything within my world." Cessie explains. "Everything have a spirit representative in fact. The major spirits however can be a problem as it's some of their nature to attack or otherwise hurt other beings. Most of them are made up of aether but lately a few terrestrial spirits have been discovered as well in a sleeping form. That's basically how I''m going to create a mind for the golem by the way, I'm going to 'wake up' a spirit which rests within it's being and bind it to the golem."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Is he... Is he crying? Sakura isn't sure how to react to that. All the stern disapproval that she'd mustered up before melts away in an instant.

"Um... Don't cry. Maybe you can just have one more thing to eat." She knows she couldn't, but in the face of tears she folds.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pantry]

Is he... Is he crying? Sakura isn't sure how to react to that. All the stern disapproval that she'd mustered up before melts away in an instant.

"Um... Don't cry. Maybe you can just have one more thing to eat." She knows she couldn't, but in the face of tears she folds.
    Pantry

Kashi shakes his massive head, great big tears pouring down his cheeks as the dragon tries to get a hold of himself.

"Snyuuuu... <No, you're right, I'm sorry...>" He really didn't think anyone would mind him eating, mostly since he thought everyone was gone.

It takes him a second to realize that Sakura can't understand him, and generate another slip of engraved metal for her to read.

He casts another longing glance at the ham, but pulls himself away for now. He's been too greedy already.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Library walk]

Interesting. I have little experience with spirits. They rarely come unless called and are immaterial, so their abilities are limited... the ones I'm familiar with, at least, Dorota says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library walk]

"Spirits make up everything within my world." Cessie explains. "Everything have a spirit representative in fact. The major spirits however can be a problem as it's some of their nature to attack or otherwise hurt other beings. Most of them are made up of aether but lately a few terrestrial spirits have been discovered as well in a sleeping form. That's basically how I''m going to create a mind for the golem by the way, I'm going to 'wake up' a spirit which rests within it's being and bind it to the golem."

[Library]

"So all of your world is intrinsically tied to the magical or spiritual world?"
    Fascinating!
    Scribble scribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

"It's okay, Kashi." Sakura says and gives him a small smile. "Don't feel bad. You were just hungry. You should see how much I've eaten sometimes." The dryad giggles at the thought. Sometimes it still surprises her how pregnancy had her go from eating nothing to so much.

13. - Top - End - #523

Pantry

Another slip comes out, after a bit of time to calm his rumbling sniffles.

"R-really? I... do you want to share this ham then?" Kashi can share! The dragon's tail begins to slowly wag across the floor at the prospect of sharing some food with the nice lady.

Hey, maybe later she'll play with him!

Wag wag wag.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Sakura glances at the ham and shakes her head. "I don't eat meat, but we could share something else." She's quick to add the last part of that sentence as to no discourage him.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Library walk]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

[Library]

"So all of your world is intrinsically tied to the magical or spiritual world?"
    Fascinating!
    Scribble scribble.

Dorota's brow furrows in thought as she thinks about the idea, then her face brightens up in comprehension and she nods.
    I see. Yes, that's interesting. So it's possible to make any object sentient by waking up its spirit?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #526

[Pantry]

"Theoretically yes, everything in my world is represented by a spirit. For example you could have a spirit representing the metal iron. This would be one of the major kami which is what we call conceptual spirits. But then you have kami representing each piece of iron as well. Basically when you create a concept, you also give birth to the spirit representing it. They are literary creations of our minds. What I'm going to do is give shape to a material to give that shape a concept and then I will bring the concept to life within what it's supposed to represent." Cessie explains to the two.

"The problem is of course provoking the kami which I need some blood for, my own in this case. It contains a certain amount of aether which might be used to 'shock' the dormant concept to life. In theory."

17. - Top - End - #527

[Pantry]

Sakura glances at the ham and shakes her head. "I don't eat meat, but we could share something else." She's quick to add the last part of that sentence as to no discourage him.
    Pantry

More tickets! Kashi will fill the room with them just to finish a conversation at this rate.

This one says, "Okay, what do you want to eat then?" Kashi's far to excited that he's made a new friend to be discouraged now. Sakura is totally awesome!

It seems he's forgotten all about the scolding at the moment. But who cares, Friend!

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Have golems of this manner been built before in your world?" Nadas asks.

She says in theory like it's never been tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

It's interesting how blood often comes up in such magical proceduers, isn't it? Dorota observes.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Sakura thinks for a moment. What to eat... As much as food tastes good, it's a pain to have to make. She was sure glad when Jeremy offered to make her meals, but he's not here right now.

"Maybe I can make a cheese sandwich." That's something she's had little trouble making when she had to make something on her own. "What do you think?" She says to Kashi.

21. - Top - End - #531

Pantry

Kashi tilts his head to the side, a questioning look on his face and another slip of metal peeking between his teeth.

"What's a sandwich? Hey, how about we have ice cream instead!" Ice cream is officially the best thing ever, and Kashi knows that there should be some around here somewhere.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

I... I don't think Sakura's ever had ice cream.

"Ice cream?" Sakura says questioningly. She thinks she's heard the words in that context before, but she's sure she's never had it. "I've never had ice cream before, but if you can find some we'll have it."

23. - Top - End - #533

[Library]

"I have read about a few attempts. It's seen as necromancy in Hestopia so it's not like I have seen it in practice. I doubt anyone would care here however considering I have seen some people do." She says before turning to Dorota, "And theoretically I could use my own spit instead of blood but it just seem more appropriate, what I really need is aether which exists in all life, but is especially potent in sapient beings."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-13 at 01:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534

[Pantry]

I... I don't think Sakura's ever had ice cream.

"Ice cream?" Sakura says questioningly. She thinks she's heard the words in that context before, but she's sure she's never had it. "I've never had ice cream before, but if you can find some we'll have it."
    Pantry

Kashi nods, and quickly heads to the freezer, sniffing out a tub of the delicious substance in short order and dragging it from the icebox with his teeth.

"Snyu! <Come on, lets get bowls and stuff!>" Again, forgetting she can't understand him.

Kashi will drag the tub of rocky road out to the kitchen proper, and get down some bowls and a scoop for the delicious treat. At least he knows enough not to eat directly out of the tub, or this meal would be quite a bit more... dragon-slobbery.

Unfortunately, he lacks the digits required to dish out the ice cream, so Sakura may have to handle that herself.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Once everything is out it's not hard for Sakura to figure out what to do with it. She dishes out two bowls full of ice cream and pushes one over to Kashi. The dryad settles herself into a chair before taking an experimental bite. "Mmm, this is good!" Her eyes light up at the sweet deliciousness.

26. - Top - End - #536

Kitchen

Kashi settles for licking at it, enjoying the frosty treat slowly. Of course, with the size of his tongue he's still managing to take off a hefty amount of ice cream with each lick, knocking the bowl across the table several times before dragging it back with his foreleg and repeating the procedure.

Lick lick lick. Kashi is content.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Sakura is also content! Ice cream is great! As is usual when she's hungry, Sakura eats quite quickly. No thought is spared for savoring it. After a few scoops though she suddenly stops eating and puts her hand to her head. "Oww."

28. - Top - End - #538

Kitchen

Kashi looks at Sakura, concerned over the headache she seems to have gotten. Of course, as a clearly superior "dragon" Kashi is immune to such plebian things as ice cream headaches.

"Snyuii? <What's wrong, are you okay?>"

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"My head hurts." She explains, unaware that she just answered his question. She has no idea why this is happening now, but maybe that's a good sign she should take a nap. "I think I'm going to go lie down. You can have the rest of my ice cream if you want."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

"I have read about a few attempts. It's seen as necromancy in Hestopia so it's not like I have seen it in practice. I doubt anyone would care here however considering I have seen some people do." She says before turning to Dorota, "And theoretically I could use my own spit instead of blood but it just seem more appropriate, what I really need is aether which exists in all life, but is especially potent in sapient beings."
    Dorota nods.
    That makes sense. Do you think I could be of any help? The process is quite different, but it's still golem creation.