New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Library]

"So what you're doing is banned in your world for good reason? Are you sure this creation process you intend to do is wise?" Nadas asks with a frown. It seems to be... toeing the line at best and sacrificing part of your own magical soul at worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kitchen]

"My head hurts." She explains, unaware that she just answered his question. She has no idea why this is happening now, but maybe that's a good sign she should take a nap. "I think I'm going to go lie down. You can have the rest of my ice cream if you want."
    Kitchen

"Snyuuuu... <Okay, I hope you feel better soon...>" Kashi looks more sad to see Sakura go than happy about having more ice cream, and once she's gone will finish his own quickly, then go outside so he can fly up to the roof and have a nap.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

"Bye Kashi. See you later." Sakura gives him a parting smile before leaving to her room to have a nap of her own. With any luck Cessie, Harnel, and Kirin will be back by the time she wakes.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Dragon Grave

Kirin watches the tide come in. Welp... as far as adventures go, no one died, someone is getting healed, and even if she isn't getting a lot of gold or some cool tech, she helped.

After a moment of trying to think of what, exactly, she did to help, Kirin feels a little bit useless.
    Don't feel bad, Kirin! You did just as much as everybody else.

[Courtyard]

The trio will arrive here eventually, with Cessie likely carrying the dragonbone. I imagine they're just coming into the courtyard when Harnel says, "Alright, is there any sort of ritual that needs to be done to cure me, or do I just need to be holding the bones or something?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Courtyard]¨

"You just need to hold it close for a dey days at the most dear and then you will be completely cured. The book warned that it was going to be a very painful and tiring process however." She replies giving him a concerned look.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

"Let me know if I can be of any help..."

Kirin pulls out the last of the food she brought. She didn't touch the picnic out of spite, so she's been snacking all the way back. She looks up at the keep...

"Wait... was anyone here to keep Kashi from emptying the pantry?"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel looks over at kirin for a moment, wide-eyed, and then he begins running towards the keep itself.

That should be a pretty good answer.

[Pantry]

This is Harnel's first destination as he searches fro the dragon golem, of course. also, to check the damage that he did so far.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pantry

Kashi, being asleep on his pile of gold up on the roof, is nowhere to be found. However, the damage he did before Sakura caught him is quite obvious, since all of their root vegetables are gone, including but not limited to potatoes, sweet potatoes, radishes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, and other various and sundry things.

Oh, and two bowls of ice cream, and a few onions, of course.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #549

[Pantry]

Cessie follows Harnel along but can just sigh when she see the mess, it could be worse though and right now it didn't seem as important as curing her husband.

She turns to the catgirl, "Kirin, could you be so nice to try cleaning this up? I'm going to give you a bonus for helping getting the dragonbone, being on your own volition or not, you still helped."

While waiting for a reply she warps her hands around Harnel's arm to lead him up to his room, she didn't need anything else now.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pantry]

Harnel just looks at the devastated pantry with exasperation. He'd have to buy all that food again, it would cost him more, he'd have to scold Kashi. This was more trouble than it was worth. Still though, Kashi was at least good enough to have around; he paid for his food himself, easily.

When Cessie takes his arm, Harnel smiles towards her, then says to Kirin, "I'll make sure kashi doesn't do something like this again."

And then he is led upstairs!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Look like a certain treant saw the three return from their mission. Sarget makes his way toward the courtyard. He looks different than normal as expected. His trunk and branches are gnarled and his petals are strikingly vibrant. He stops a bit away from the front door and waits for now.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pantry

Kirin will go about picking up the mess, and then change back into her maid outfit. She forgets the bone she picked up on her dresser. If anyone wants her attention, they can find her or call for her.

13. - Top - End - #553

[Pantry]

"Don't worry dear, I will take care of Kashi as soon as you're in bed and recovering." Cessie assures her husband as she gently leads him up the stairs and into their bed room. The earth elemental still follows them along, carrying the dragonbone.

As they reach the room Cessie closes the door behind them and smiles at the half-dragon. "I'm sorry for getting so upset with you lately but you have to admit, you have been behaving pretty irrationally lately..." She gives him a sad look and then shakes her head. "But it's over now and you will be yourself again." Yeah, because Harnel never behaved irrationally before he got turned into a demon...

[Library]

"Oh, don't worry. The art of necromancy is banned since it 'decreases the value of human life' and since it's associated with Legions. It's not any more dangerous then any other form of magic however, it's just a way to use aether to your advantage." The sorceress explains. "Besides, my brother have created golems before without any ill effects." Hopefully having allayed Nada's fears, she turns to Dorota. "You know Dorota, we could try to have my golem interact with sizewell once I made created it. It might be good for their development."

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel is honestly glad he doesn't have to go back to the guest room at this point. It was a good solution, but very confining. Harnel nods; he had been acting irrationally, and it had hurt Ariel. That would be over now though, right?

"Alright, so what do I need to do? just wear the bones like some jewellery?"

15. - Top - End - #555

[Master Bedroom]

"Just have it pressed against your body all the time." She replies as turns to the earth elemental who hands her it. Turning back to her husband she she holds it out fro him to accept. "You could try to turn it into fine dust and eat it as well but I'm not sure that's healthy." Cessie takes a long slow breath. "But just lay down and relax now Harnel, I will fix everything." The mage bends down, patting the bed for him to lay down into, presuming he accepted the bone.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel will indeed take the bone, attempting to ignore the burning sensation in his hand. Instead, he places the bone on his chest as he lies down - there's less nerves there to feel pain, and he's taken enough blows to the torso that it seems easier to deal with.

Cessie will be able to feel the pain in him through their bond, which is fairly severe, but Harnel is doing a good job of keeping himself from flinching or pushing it away, no matter how much he wants to.

17. - Top - End - #557

[Master Bedroom]

Cessie can feel his pain alright but she knows this is what's best for him. Laying down besides him she gently let's her hand slide across his side. "It will feel much better afterwards I'm sure." She smiles slightly as she look him in the eyes. "And when you get better we can enjoy ourselves a bit," The sorceress adds as her hand reaches his hair which she gently start to stroke. "Any requests?" Cessie adds with some mirth.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel manages to smile, "I could go for some roast. I think there was some that Kashi left."

Harnel streches out, his wings extending. He figures if he's going to be feeling this for days, he may as well get comfortable.

19. - Top - End - #559

[Master Bedroom]

Roast? Well, that killed the mood.

"...I guess I could have Kirin make some once she's done. But if you're really hungry I suppose I could try go down and make some for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-15 at 10:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel grins, giggling a bit, "I'm joking, Cessie. Come here, I just want you near me right now." He extends an arm for his beautiful wife to take.

21. - Top - End - #561

[Master Bedroom]

Crisis averted!

She slowly warps her arms around him as well and smiles. "But are you really hungry? It must take a lot of you to keep it like that." She says quietly, the dragonbone ending up right between them I guess.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel will take the dragonbone off his chest and hold it in one hand before shuffling over to Cessie. It burns, certainly, but Cessie said he had to have constant contact until he was cured. He didn't want it falling down.

Harnel shakes his head, "No, I'm not hungry. Not yet anyways. I just want to lay here with you," It's remarkable that he can keep smiling through that pain, though.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-15 at 10:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota smiles and nods. That's a great idea. Do you hear that, Sizewell? she says warmly, turning to the golem. You're going to have a new friend.
    Friend... Sizewell rumbles, the glow in his eyes dimming as he thinks. Good. Friend Good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #564

[Master Bedroom]

Cessie says nothing and just relaxes next to him, it had been a long day and I suspect it's starting to get quite late so they might as well fall asleep.

How Cessie reacts to Harnel the next morning depends on how the dragonbone effect him, she will have some morning sickness though. Bleh.

[Library]

Cessie smiles at Sizewell before turning to the two others, "I'm still wondering about shape and size though. It's supposed to be a guardian but it's also supposed to be able to take care of guests and the children. Any suggestions?"

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Harnel will have a mostly restless night, due to his holding onto the dragonbone. By the time Cessie wakes up though, it should be clear that it's beginning to work. all in all, it'll only take three days after this point to have him completely back to normal.

For now though? He just sort of lays there, groaning. To say he feels sluggish would be an understatement.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

"Oh, don't worry. The art of necromancy is banned since it 'decreases the value of human life' and since it's associated with Legions. It's not any more dangerous then any other form of magic however, it's just a way to use aether to your advantage." The sorceress explains. "Besides, my brother have created golems before without any ill effects." Hopefully having allayed Nada's fears, she turns to Dorota. "You know Dorota, we could try to have my golem interact with sizewell once I made created it. It might be good for their development."
    [Library]

No, not particularly, but Nadas lets it drop all the same.

For now he's quiet though, and can't help wondering if they didn't go over suggestions about the guardian's size and shape before. It feels so long ago, so maybe yes, maybe no.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Hmmm... sounds a bit tricky. I suggest a slender, dexterous humanoid frame so it can be gentle with the children. If it's supposed to cater to guest and take care of the children, built-in weapons might be too dangerous unless you were to find a way to make them retractable, Dorota muses.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #568

[Library]

So does Cessie's player but at least she seem to have got a proper answer this time.

"That's a good idea actually, I don't think it will have any weapons but if it's dexterous, durable and strong enough it should be able to double as a guardian as well. I'm not really fond of weapons anyway so it will just be a relief not having them around."

[Master Bedroom]

Getting out from the bed the sorceress gently makes her free from Harnel, giving him a quick kiss on his cheek and tucking him in before going to the bathroom for pregnancy-related issues.

After that detour she heads downstairs with another piece of the silver intending to meet up with Sarget.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Perhaps some mixture of Adamantium or Mithril then. If you didn't want to go for 100 percent in one or the other." Nadas adds.

She married the wrong person if she doesn't want weapons around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sarget is standing outside, not too far from the entrance. When Cessie nears he speaks up. "Hello, Cessie. I take it you were successful in locating the dragon bone?" He questions, though he's fairly certain he knows the answer.