New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Library]

Dorota nods. Yes, I think it will work. I don't know much about adamantine or mithril, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Library]

"We do have a lot of adamantium but I was under the impression it isn't capable of leading ather of eldritch?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow. Of course, Harnel's adamatite is probably different from normal adamatite.

[Courtyard]

"I was in fact." Cessie replies, showing no sign of her detour to the bathroom. "Harnel is slowly getting better but he's very weak at the moment so he have to stay in bed." She explains as she holds out a part of a dragon bone. "You will be very weak too Sarget and Sakura is going to have the baby soon... will it effect you somehow? Technically you would be a grandfather."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

The treant smiles and makes a pleased rumbling noise. "A very proud one." The treant bends down and holds out his hand for Cessie to put the bone into. "It's good that everything wi- That Harnel and I will be well before the baby comes. Sakura doesn't need any more stress." Not everything is fine. Adir is still missing after all.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-02-18 at 11:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"And I was under the impression you were using your own blood for that?"

Plus Nadas knows nothing about such specifics anyways, so asking him really doesn't help Cessie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #575

[Library]

"Yes, but if the spirit can't lead aether through the material it can really do anything can it? It's rather odd honestly as technically the spirit is supposed to be the material, or at least represent it in the spirit world."

[Courtyard]

"Yeah... I just hope we can get her to a healer in time when it get's time. Perhaps it might be better to get a healer to be here though? I wonder if there are healers for hire, it might be good to have one here just in case." Cessie tells Sarget as she tries to skip past the issue with Adir for now.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Courtyard]

The treant smiles and makes a pleased rumbling noise. "A very proud one." The treant bends down and holds out his hand for Cessie to put the bone into. "It's good that everything wi- That Harnel and I will be well before the baby comes. Sakura doesn't need any more stress." Not everything is fine. Adir is still missing after all.
    Courtyard

Kashi, who has been napping atop his coinpile on the aerie, awakes to see the scene down below. Cessie is just standing around a tree, looking at it and-

Hey wait, are those fruit?

>.>
    <.<

Well, surely Cessie wouldn't mind him having just one, right?

That rationalization firmly in his head, Kashi unfolds his wings and beast them a few times experimentally to work the kinks out. Then he'll slink off his hoard over to the edge of the tower and push off, swooping down to the ground.

At the last second, his wings unfurl to their full span and catch the air, leveling him off just as the tip of his tail scrapes the earth. Using all the speed he gain from the dive, he shoots toward Sarget, mouth open and pointed to grab a fruit.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

"I'm sure everything will work out, but it might be wise to take precauti-" The treant breaks off when he sees Kashi barreling toward him. Sarget's been having this problem a lot, so at least he's ready for it. He raises a hand in front of the fruit. Kashi will either have to change direction or crash.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-02-18 at 05:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #578

[Courtyard]

Cessie wasn't really as prepared as Sarget for the sudden attack but she's attentive enough to see Kashi diving against the treant. If it had been attack against her she probably would have reacted faster but now the dragons dive have to resolve first before she will do anything.

9. - Top - End - #579

Courtyard

Kashi, not experienced with aerial maneuvers, slams into Sarget's arm tooth first, chomping down hard reflexively. As soon as his paws hit the dirt, he lets go, stumbling back and away from the crazy moving tree.

Snyuuuu... <Owwwwwww...>" Kashi pokes at a loose fang with his forked tongue gently, wincing as it wiggles in the gum.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"And what known materials are incapable of spirit representations?"
    Nadas says, flipping his notebook to another page.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Poor Kashi. Sarget never wanted to hurt him. At least it's better than the alternative, as far as Sarget is aware. "I am sorry, young one, I did not mean to hurt you."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

The whole notion of making a golem out of metal is interesting, Dorota says. Alchemy can only do it with clay, which is the only non-living material suspectible enough to the Divine Fire.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #583

[Library]

"In my world? None, such materials doesn't exist where I'm from to my knowledge. Honestly I haven't tried doing it with adamtituium yet but my husband claimed it makes you immune to 'magic' which here seem to mean aether and eldritch energy but not terrestrial one." Cessie explains.

[Courtyard]

The sorceress can only sigh at the dragons misfortune, he was far too hungry for his own good.

"That is Kashi, Harnel's pet. He's a construct which is somehow able to convert food into gold which presumably is why he's hungry all the time. I think he's going to be okay though, he just ate nearly everything in the kitchen..." Cessie slowly approaches the construct to inspect his injuries.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"How... odd. I've never heard of such a property for that metal. It's particularly strong and durable, yes, but far from immune to magic and enchantment."

Must be talking about two separate universe's interpretations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #585

Courtyard

Kashi pokes the tooth a bit too hard, and it comes loose entirely, falling down his throat as he instinctively tilts his head back and swallows.

"Snyui! <Gah!>" And there it goes, down his gullet.

Hold on now. Just as the first tooth disappears, a new one is poking out of the space left behind, pearly and new. He still seems to be in pain for now, but the damage has properly repaired itself in very little time.

The dragon-golem shakes his head a few times, staring in awe of the moving tree. Crazy...

Snyyuuu... <Why does it move? Can I have a fruit please?>" Massive draconic eyes of cute gooooo!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sarget rumbles a bit. "I'm worried that these fruit I've been growing may be dangerous. I think I will take the bone now and find somewhere out of the way to recover."

17. - Top - End - #587

Courtyard

"Kashi... those fruits might be dangerous, you might be immune but I don't want to take that risk." She imagine Kashi would be even worse as a demon. "You already eaten everything in the kitchen, if you want anything more you have to wait until we replace everything." She tells the dragon in a firm voice.

18. - Top - End - #588

Courtyard

Kashi sticks his tongue out at Cessie, clearly feeling better now.

Snyyuuu!! <Liar, I only ate like, half of everything there, at most. There's even still lots of ice cream!>" Kashi can't believe Cessie would try such an obvious lie on him like that. He isn't that dumb.

"Snyui! <Fine then, I'm gonna go nap some more.>" It seems all the dragon does now is eat and sleep. Idly, he wonders why Cessie hasn't commented on the fact that he's twice as large as the last time she's seen him, but shakes off the thought as he flaps his wings and takes off for the aerie, where his self-claimed space awaits.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sarget watches the dragon go for a moment, then turns his attention back to Cessie. "I will take the dragon bone now." He holds out his hand for her to put it in. It's about time he got better.

20. - Top - End - #590

[Courtyard]

Cessie, having not actually checked the kitchen since Kashi's little raid sigh, "We really need to get used to each other. He need to learn some restrain and I need to learn to accept him better." She shakes her her slightly and then hands over the dragonbone. "I warn you, it will hurt and you will feel very tired from what I have read."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Sarget rumbles as his hand touches the bone. This is... uncomfortable, to say the least. "Thank you, Cessie. We will speak again when this is all over." And with that, the treant will turn and walk off to some quiet part of the courtyard.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

I've heard of materials which nullify magic... they're used to restrain magic users by law enforecement. But they weren't called Adamantium. I'll have to look into this material. So many possibilities...

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

During Harnel's recovery, Sakura hasn't gotten to see him once. She hasn't wanted to disturb him, but Cessie told her that he's doing better now. So she's gonna go see him... If only she never had to climb three flights of stairs. She'd have Cessie fly her up if she knew where to find her, but wandering around aimlessly looking wasn't going to accomplish much. The dryad begins the trek up the stairs and eventually makes it up, to the protest of her overburdened legs. She stops before the door to catch her breath for a moment, then starts to knock. Knock, knock-

-Splash. Water runs down Sakura's legs, or at least that's her first impression. After a moment of shocked silence she works it out. "Oh no." Adir isn't here! He has to be here for the birth. This can't be happening now.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

A groan is heard from inside the room as Harnel stands up. He's weak and in a good deal of pain right now, so it's a few moments before he answers the door, "Oh, hello- What's wrong?" Harnel breaks off pleasantries as soon as he sees the look on Sakura's face.

Harnel is looking a bit odd. He managed to get the dragonbone piece wrapped around one of his hands with tenser bandage, so it's now sitting on the back of his hand. At this point, about half of Harnel's body has changed back to normal and it's slowly spreading.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

At this point Sakura grits her teeth as she feels her first contraction. "Harnel, I think the baby's coming." She can't be sure, as she's never had a baby before, but everything she's heard is telling her that this is it. She freezes up, on the verge of panic and not sure what to do right now.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

Oh damn.

That's not good.

Harnel's mind panics for a moment. He's weak and not prepared for this! There's no way he could get Sakura into town like his is now.

"Come on, we'll get you down into a bed and I'll get everything ready. One of the guest rooms that isn't being used right now." Harnel will try to lead her there. Considering the amount of fluid, he certainly doesn't want this happening on a bed people are going to be sleeping in.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom -> Guest Room]

Sakura follows along. "But... I need to get to a doctor or something. To the hospital." She's trying very hard not to hyperventilate. Come on, she should be ready for this.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Harnel will look right into Sakura's eyes, a glow coming from his own, "Look at me for a moment, listen to my voice, and do what I say. Breathe deeply, iiiiiin.... out. Iiiiiiin... out. Now, if you're calmed down, I don't have the strength to get you to Inside right now; I'm barely strong enough to get myself out of bed. But I'm well trained, and I'll help you get through this, alright? So I want you to lay down and relax while I get everything ready."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Breathe. Okay, she can do that. Just breathe. Sakura starts taking nice, big breaths. She nods after calming down a bit and lays down as instructed. She just needs to stay calm, even though nothing is going as planned and Adir isn't here and this hurts... Deep breaths.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Once Sakura is settled, Harnel will go about retrieving what he can. It's slow going despite his haste, as he isn't feeling well, but his immediate concern is for Sakura's health.

Towels are gotten and delivered to Sakura's room. mothers often get cold chills during contractions, so the blanket and towels will be used to keep her warm. Harnel also washes his hands thoroughly, to prevent any sort of bacteria from being on them; he doesn't have any gloves he can use for this at the moment, so that will have to do.

Clamps, clamps, clamps... dammit, clamps are needed! Ugh, there's nothing like that around right now! Harnel will just have to use his hands, and he washes a pair of scissors thoroughly as he rushes around in preparation for the umbilical cord.

Also Brandy. For multiple reasons.

Finally, he'll grab a bucket as well. it's not the most ideal thing for the placenta, but it can hold water and will do what's needed. Harnel will arrive back in the guest room as soon as possible, breathing heavily.

for the record, the dragon bone shard is taken off of his hand and attached to a bicep. He'll need both hands for this, definitely.

[Cessie's Mind]

Cessie? Sakura is going into labor. I'd really rather not have her give birth here, but it might be our only option. If that's what happens, I need you to contact the nearest hospital and get doctors up here to help me with this right away.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-21 at 12:58 AM.