New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[Guest Room]

Interestingly, giving birth for dryads is more difficult and longer than it is for human, though the risk of complications is actually far lower. The former is largely due to the fact that pregnancy is not something your typical dryad goes through; the latter is a fey thing.

Over the coming hours, interesting is not the word Sakura will use for it. She watches Harnel move in and out of the room, somewhat reassured by his at least appearing to know what he's doing. She knows that this is going to be long and painful, but reading about it and being told it doesn't really prepare one for the reality. Right now she doesn't feel particularly confident.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Library]

"Harnel told me it have such qualities and I did experiment upon it, it looks like it's unable to lead any eldritch at all. Of course I have been unable to try any aether yet. You're free to look upon it though, the entire exterior of the keep is made of it. Harnel made some weapons of it too, mostly knives for Watchtower." Cessie says while slowly rising from the chair. "We could have a look at them now if you wish." Not the bars he made them off through, please don't ask about the bars. <.<

[Cessie's Future!Mind]

Wha- There is a brief silence as what Harnel just said slowly sinks in. Oh gods, what- I mean... where are you?!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Future!Mind]

We're up in the second guest room. I'm getting things ready for her to give birth here, because I certainly can't fly her into Inside as weak as I am.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Wow. He must have stacks of the stuff to make all that." And be rich. These people are so rich to be able to afford all that. Yeesh.

Nadas stands. Metals weren't his specialty, but he might as well get some notes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

That would be very educational, I'm sure, Dorota says, nodding.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #606

[Cessie's Future!Mind]

I'll contact some doctors! Where are you? Cessie shouts back.

By now she have mentally contacted the doctors of lots of hope hospital as they are the only ones she can think of at the moment.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Future! Mind]

Like I said, we're in the second guest room of the keep. Stay calm; panicking will just make it harder to get things done.

[Guest Room]

"Alright, I've spoken to Cessie, and it looks like we'll have some more doctors coming in to help with this. For now, I want you to relax as much as possible, alright?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-02-22 at 02:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

Sakura nods. "Okay, I'll try." She says. o far she's handling the physical pain rather well, though the contractions are still far apart. It's the emotional strain that's causing trouble. She continues taking deep breaths in an effort to calm herself. She's far from truly relaxed, but it's as close as she's gonna get.

9. - Top - End - #609

[Cessie's Future! Mind]

Yes, sorry... how is she doing? And for that matter, how are you doing? Cessie asks as she starts to fly up the stairs to the guest room, she had started to avoid the stairs more and more lately.

[Library]

The sorceress leads them down to a room where Cessie seem to be keeping her experiments. The two might notice seven apples which some sort of magical property laying in a bowl as well as numerous magical artifacts she have gained during her travels.

The door to the room is enchanted by several spells and looks fairly reinforced.

She bends down and picks up a knife made from adamatitium and shows it to the two. "It's an odd metal to be sure, if I made a golem out of it, it would be extremely durable. I got a few bars I'm going to ask my husband to melt down once he get better. It feels strange not be able to do it on my own." Silly magic resistance. "But I have been thinking of trying to overcome it by heating up terrestrial material."

The boob-bars are in a chest in the room, she really have no desire showing it to them for now.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

[Future Cessie's Mind]

As well as could be expect, given Adir is missing. I've gotten her as calm as I could for now, but it's going to be hours yet before any sort of birth, I'm sure. That's usually how it goes for first time mothers.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

The sorceress leads them down to a room where Cessie seem to be keeping her experiments. The two might notice seven apples which some sort of magical property laying in a bowl as well as numerous magical artifacts she have gained during her travels.

The door to the room is enchanted by several spells and looks fairly reinforced.

She bends down and picks up a knife made from adamatitium and shows it to the two. "It's an odd metal to be sure, if I made a golem out of it, it would be extremely durable. I got a few bars I'm going to ask my husband to melt down once he get better. It feels strange not be able to do it on my own." Silly magic resistance. "But I have been thinking of trying to overcome it by heating up terrestrial material."

The boob-bars are in a chest in the room, she really have no desire showing it to them for now.
    "Perhaps if you tried an admixture. It'd reduce the strength of the golem probably but might make it more susceptible to animation."

Nadas looks around at the various artifacts and such, but has no way to tell what's magic or not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #612

[Future Cessie's Mind]

I'll call Kirin here as well, not sure if she will be much of an help, but still... She replies just before...

[Guest Room]

...opening the door and entering the room. "Sakura! Are you okay?" She exclaims as she quickly sits down on her knees besides the bed bound dryad.

[Kirin's Mind]

Kirin! Sakura is going into labor! She exclaims.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Mind

What? Oh, crud. Did you call a hospital? How can I help? I have to wash my hands... should I wait in the entryway for the doctor to point them in the right direction? Where is the birth taking place, Sakura's room?

Where is Kirin, anyway? Probably off in some corner or another.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Dorota nods.
    Yes, an admixture might just work. Alchemists who specialize in metal do it very often to enchance the quality of their creations. An alloy might also accomplish a desirable result, but I'm not sure what the other metal should be.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-02-23 at 03:13 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

"Hey Cessie." Sakura says with noticeable strain in her voice. She manages a small smile for her friend. "I'm okay. Harnel's helping me." It's a good thing Harnel knows what he's doing somehow.

16. - Top - End - #616

Kirin's Mind

We're in the guest room Harnel is staying in at the moment and I already contacted the doctors from that hospital we took Ariel. They should be here soon. Of course this can be RP'ed out if a certain player so desire. It would be great if you could direct them inside here though Kirin, or do you know anything about this? I know next to nothing. At least not in practice.

[Library]

"That's a good idea actually, I really have to ask Harnel about the particulars once he recovers however. He's the one with experience in smelting and these kind of materials. Though..." She turns to Dorota. "Unless you you have any experience in it? If you could help me with the body of the golem it would be wonderful."

[Guest Room]

"I know." Cessie replies with a smile, trying to calm herself down at the very same moment. What was she supposed to say? "You don't need to worry about anything Sakura, Harnel, Kirin and I will take care of everything for you, the doctors are already on their way and we are here for support. Do you want me to call on Sarget as well? Even if he's only outside it's important he's here right?"

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

[Guest Room]

"Sarget already knows." Sakura does have a mental bond with him after all. Unfortunately, the third floor is too high for even the treant to look in the window. No doubt he's hovering just outside though.

The dryad opens her mouth to say more, but that thought is interrupted as she braces for another surge of pain. "Thanks. I know you guys will take care of me." It's a relief to have someone next to her reassuring her.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Mind

No, I don't know anything about birth. Well, I had the basic classes, but those are of no use in this kind of situation. I'll wait for the ambulance, and point them to you. It might be a bit, we're a ways away from the city.

((However, I thought Harnel specifically moved Sakura to an unused room. I'll just assume that Cessie told Kirin the right room, whichever one it is.))

Driving

The ambulance is coming! It'll be a bit yet. Even with the lights and siren. Turns out those don't really help you go any faster on virtually unused side roads.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yes, Harnel moved Sakura to an unused room to make sure all the birthing fluid and blood didn't get all over something someone's generally going to be sleeping in. Small mercies and the like.))

[Birth Room]

"Yeah, definitely. You should have no trouble at all with us here," Harnel says confidently. It's more confidence than he feels, what with knowing there could be complications in pregnancies without a healer around, but often enough they aren't needed, "Do you want anything?I could get you something to eat or the like."

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library]

"That's a good idea actually, I really have to ask Harnel about the particulars once he recovers however. He's the one with experience in smelting and these kind of materials. Though..." She turns to Dorota. "Unless you you have any experience in it? If you could help me with the body of the golem it would be wonderful."
    Oh, I'd love to... I don't have a lot of experience with metallurgy, except from some theory, but I do know about golem construction. And Sizewell has a metal skeleton in him, actually.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Oh? What metal was used for that?" Dorota, stop holding back on us! There's so many notes to be taken!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #622

[Guest Room]

Cessie smiles warmly at her friend, "Just try to relax as much as you can and you will have a beautiful baby girl in your arms soon enough okay?" She assures Sakura, finding a strange calm all of sudden. This was going to turn out okay.

Kirin's Mind

Okay, thanks Kirin. Sarget is out there as well so make sure he's okay as well. He and Sakura have some sort of connection but he might need some reassurance as well. Cessie tells the catgirl.

[Library]

"Might want to have a skeleton such as yours then made of whatever you made it of and then have an outer later of adamtite perhaps?" Cessie suggests.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

The skeleton was made of steel, its purpose being to support Sizewell's clay body, Dorota explain. An adamantine alloy construct wouldn't need that. I did, however, use a portion of metal known as Chimerium at the top of the skeleton, inside Sizewell's head. I still have some of it. It is very suspectible to supernatural occurences, so it channeled the Divine Fire. Perhaps it would be useful in your golem too.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"Chimerium?"

That's one of those unheard of things. More description is required.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #625

[Library]

"The problem with an adamatitium alloy as my husband explained to me is that it loses it's non-terrestrial properties. It basically becomes steel according to him. It need to be pure to keep it. I'm not sure how divine fire would interact with a living spirit however." Cessie says.

[The Future Kitchen]

As Harnel is in the kitchen Cessie approaches him, "Harnel? Could I speak to you for a moment?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-26 at 06:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen of The Future!]

Harnel is likely cooking something to eat at this point. Assuming it's breakfast time in the morning, he'd making some bacon and eggs. Kirin does a lot around here, so he figures he may as well make at least some of the food.

"Of course Cessie. What do you want to talk about?"

27. - Top - End - #627

Kitchen to the future!

"Your birthday." Cessie replies as she takes a seat at the table. "It's less then a month away and I'm still not sure what you want."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back to the Kitchen Future!]

Harnel will move the bacon and eggs around a bit more, before toast pops. he takes that out of the toaster and places it on bread before buttering it, "That's mainly because I have no idea what I'd want you to get for me."

29. - Top - End - #629

[Back to the Kitchen Future!]

The mage glances at the bacon, she was hungry but she really didn't want to eat anyway. It felt she was eating far too much already, pregnant or not. She'd have to settle with some milk and sandwiches, that's all she tried to eat these day.

She sigh, "There must be things you want Harnel, there is so much I could give you after all. The nexus have nearly everything as far as I know."

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Kitchen, Future]

Harnel thinks about that for a long moment, "Well... there's a few things that appeal. Have you seen those two wheeled contraptions called motorcycles? That might be nice to have, if dangerous. But most of all, I think just spending the day with you would be a fine way to have a happy birthday." Harnel smiles towards Cessie, "Did you have any other ideas of what i might like? I'd be glad to hear them."