New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

Courtyard

I actually believe Cessie must have told Kirin at some point as she was forced to stay in the hospital several days before she recovered.

"It still feels strange to me. Maybe I haven't build up any real connection to them yet?" Cessie asks just before Kirin arrives. In truth the mage haven't had much physical contact with the kids since after the birth. She have mostly looked at them as Harnel played around with the two.

"Greetings Kirin. Did you miss us?" She asks with a grin.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Yeah, even if cessie hadn't called Kirin over Harnel would have to make sure she was well taken care of.

"Babies! Glorious babies!" Harnel says, grinning, "Is the baby room set up properly yet?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Well, she was preoccupied.

"Oh, I should go clean that up a bit, get all the dust out. Oh, also, there are two things left for you."

Kirin will rush off and then bring back the box from Ariel and the note from Kashi. She gives those to whoever isn't steering the stroller and rushes off.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Courtyard

Cessie shakes her head at Harnel's comment, he really should take this more seriously, it doesn't stop her from smiling a bit though. But her attention is quickly diverted to the items she receives from Kirin. Harnel is no doubt steering the stroller after all.

The note from Kashi is dwarfed by the note from Ariel however, she slowly hands over the dragons note to her husband as she stares at the other one. Oh dear, how long have this been here? She had been gone for days...

She needed to talk to Ariel, now. It didn't feel right to leave the babies so soon after they been born however. Ariel? Please answer me. I want to speak with you. She attempts to send to her alternative daughter.

"...so what did you think about what I said?" She absentmindedly asks the half dragon even thought he might have greater concerns at the moment. Like his gold producer going missing.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-15 at 04:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel's head whips around to look at Cessie. Oh crap. He can't remember what he was supposed to think about. That's the worst kind of not thinking about something.

Harnel's tail twitches a bit, "Uh... remind me what exactly to think about? I'm having trouble recalling at the moment."

6. - Top - End - #1086

[Courtyard]

"About touch, it's important for bounding right? I think Isolde mentioned it to me. Right now it still feels so hard the concept that I'm a mother even after all those distressing months and painful hours I had to endure." Cessie replies, still waiting for an answer from Ariel.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

One of Harnel's eyes twitch. He doesn't remember! He's been so worked up about the babies that close to nothing else has gone through his head, and because of it he doesn't remember this at all.

"Umm..."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

Kirin comes back out into the courtyard. "You aren't going to be able to use the baby room tonight. It's full of toys. It is so full of toys... to the ceiling. Maybe the whole room, I don't know. I didn't do it.'

"So... Should I clean up a guest room, or do you want them in your room?"

9. - Top - End - #1089

Courtyard

Cessie rolls her eyes as she hear Kirin's news but considering it could have been much worse this wish didn't seem too bad. Apparently they had a new room, they wouldn't just be able to use it.

"Very well. Thanks anyway Kirin. I guess we aren't exactly in lack of rooms anyway. We'll just use our room then." She turns to her husband, looking at him oddly. "Are you feeling alright Harnel?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-15 at 05:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Room full of toys.

Well, that certainly could have been worse, he supposed, "No, I'm alright Cessie. Kirin, I'll help you clean it up, if you like. Chances are this'll be more than a one person job."

Good job! Avoid talking about the thing you have absolutely no memory of!

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Courtyard

"Yeah, help would be appreciated. Especially since I don't know where all the toys would go. The store rooms I've seen probably aren't big enough, unless you've got some storage boxes of holding around."

Kirin will start walking away, checking to make sure that Harnel is following.

12. - Top - End - #1092

[Courtyard]

The mage gently touches the half-dragons arm, "Just try to take it easy, okay? I know this can be stressful for you as well. Don't overwork yourself now that they been born." She advises him with a relatively gentle squeeze. She have learned that Harnel's scales are less sensitive then her skin so she have to be much firmer with him then others.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

I'm here... Ariel replies after a few long moments. I'm somewhat distracted at the moment, sorry for delays. You wouldn't happen to have some industrial strength cleaning solution, would you? She asks.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Courtyard

Industrial cleaning? No I'm sorry, but are you leaving Ariel? The twins were born a few days ago. I've spend a few days at the hospital. I even tried to contact you at one point to tell you the good news but there was some strange interference. Cessie tells Ariel.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard ==> Storage]

Harnel will help Kirin find some boxes for the pair to use, but for the most part he just starts taking toys out to the guard towers along the wall of the and storing them in the basements each of them have, getting Kirin to do the same, of course. The Catgirl maid will have plenty of opportunity to ask Harnel questions while they do this, so she can be generally filled in.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hauling Mindboggling amounts of toys

Kirin is mainly muscle, skin, and bone, so she can carry more than you would think of her. All the same, she's not all that strong and Harnel will have to do any heavy lifting.

Sometime while they are hauling the various toys, Kirin will speak up, "You read Kashi's note, right?"

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

I'd been planning on leaving, but something interfered with my Warp Portal. Caused a few daemons and a Warp Elemental to pop out. Mother-Jezebel and I took care of them, but my place is ruined now. Would Harnel have the bleach? If not, we're just going to have to torch the place...
    There's a brief distracted pause before Ariel comes back. Congratulations by the way. Mother-Jezebel says she's sure they're both beautiful children.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Mind Conversation

Cessie doesn't hesitate. You didn't got hurt did you? She asks in a worried voice. You could come and live with us at the keep. We got plenty of room and it would actually be nice having you staying here for a while."

[Storage]

Cessie let's an earth elemental help the two as she is talking to Ariel a bit. "Harnel, you wouldn't mind having Ariel staying here would you?" She asks after a while, not having heard Kirin's comment.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-05-16 at 01:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

While the generosity is nice and all, and I'd love to do so...what about my mother?
    Ariel asks. I hate to ask it, but would she be able to stay until we're ready to open another portal?

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hauling Toys]

Harnel nods, "I did, but we need to get the kids situated before I can go looking for him."

Harnel has kept his feelings on the matter mostly tucked away, and it's not like it was completely unexpected. Kashi had expressed that he didn't like how things were going before, despite Harnel's efforts. Even if the big dragon didn't want to come back, Harnel would make sure they at least remained friends if he found him.

And then Cessie approaches!

"Ariel? I don't see why not. We have enough room and aren't lacking for funds - if she needs a place to stay there's no reason she can't stay here."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-16 at 03:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1101

[Hauling Toys]

A beat.

"...and her mother Jezebel?" Cessie asks. "You haven't met her yet after all."

Courtyard

I guess she could stay, I mean. I wouldn't have anything against it. The mage replies, realizing how awkward it probably would be. Still, it would be nice thing to do if Ariel nearly left. She didn't sound to be in a very good mood.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hauling Toys]

"Uh, yes. If she needs a place to stay, I wouldn't be averse to having Ariel's Jezebel here," Harnel says. He has nothing against this Jezebel after all - she's an entirely different person. Not that he really has anything against this version of the nexus's Jezebel, but he certainly wouldn't let her stay in his home.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hauling Toys

"I don't thin-"

And then Cessie approaches and Kirin stops talking for a second. Let them sort that out, and then she can bring up her thoughts on the matter.

Hmm, probably going to have to clean out two bedrooms, too.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Thank you SO much! Do you mind if we pack up and head right over? Sorry, just...this place is less than habitable now. The daemons caused some extensive damage.
    Ariel explains. Oh! How'd you like the gift? It's the same as before, but I added a second for the other child.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Mind conversation

Uh, not at all. Just keep in mind there are babies here now so you don't wake them up. As for the gift I'm afraid I haven't had time to test it out yet. I just got home and saw your note. What is it exactly? Cessie asks.

Hauling Toys

"Great. They'll be right over." Cessie says with a smile before turning to the catgirl. "Kirin, it have been a pretty rough month, I think you earn a raise for everything you helped us with. I just hope we can find someone as good as you once you get a more job which you like more."

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Mental Conversation

Thank you! We'll be over in a few hours if that's okay. And the gifts are the glass orbs with the music and colors that I told you before I broke the last one.
    She reminds Cessie.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Mental Conversation

Right, I forgot. It have been a rough couple of days. But you can come here any time you like. i make sure we got rooms prepared for you. See you in a bit. Cessie replies.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hauling Toys

"Oh, thanks. If they're going to be here soon I should go get some rooms ready. You think you can take it from here, Harnel?"

...You know, there was something she was going to say to Harnel before the whole bit about Ariel and Jezebel.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hauling Toys]

"I can," Harnel of course remembers that Kirin wanted to say something, but he's letting her get to work first. He can see her about it in a while.

30. - Top - End - #1110

[Hauling Toys]

As Kirin left, Cessie sigh, "We need to get more baby food and the only food I know they can get at this age is goat milk. Do you know where to get that?" She asks her husband.

Ariel and alt-Jezebel will without any doubt arrive soon.