New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

Mithar Keep

Cessie raises an eyebrow, "Are you saying you would like to volunteer Kirin? I mean, there are obvious risks of course as you might be aware and it really isn't included in your tasks. It would be a separated contract."

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"Well... I'm not sure. I kind of want to know what the apple itself does to me first, as opposed to going straight to the core of the matter. You know, as opposed to going in completely blind. I'm curious, but I'm not stupid."

She didn't notice the pun in there.

"I mean, I'm not opposed to it, but... if a normal apple turns out to be bad for me somehow, I want to know first."

3. - Top - End - #1293

Mithar Keep

"Of course, I know that the apple itself is relatively harmless so that should be safe for testin. Would you like me to eat an apple to show you or perhaps you like to try one of your own?" Cessie asks.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"You know, all said and done, it might not have the same effects between us. I mean, I remember what you said, but it affects the mind, and I have it on good authority that nothing effect any two minds the same way."

"So... I would like to try one before trying the seeds, yes."

5. - Top - End - #1295

Mithar Keep

"I meant to ask if you wanted me to try an apple before you tried one, not a seed." The mage clarifies before pointing out a cupola within her laboratory. "The apples are there though if you're interested to try one."

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"I know you've done it." She walks over to the cupola, examining the apples. "Just one bite, or do I get to eat the whole apple?" She picks up one, mostly at random. "And how long do the effects last?"

7. - Top - End - #1297

Mithar Keep

"I haven't actually observed the effect closely enough for any significant data considering the only one I have is based on myself without any other test group. It would be a lot easier if I had more to test it on honestly. It should just last a few hours though no matter what amount of apple you consume." The mage explains.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"Okay. Here goes nothing." She will then take a big bite out of the apple. "Wow. I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, but this is a good apple."

After a moment, she takes another bite.

9. - Top - End - #1299

Mithar Keep

"Just be careful Kirin, remember the effect the apples can have on you." She still remember the first time she were on those apples. That was not fun. >.<
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-06-29 at 03:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"Mmhmm. I'm just peckish, is all." After a moment, she takes another bite. Cessie might notice that Kirin's black stripes don't quite look black anymore... they're more of a very dark blue.

Kirin looks out of the lab, into the hall or whatnot... hey, that is a nice sunny spot there. It's on a rug, so she wouldn't have to lay on the hard floor...

Kind of in the open, though. Think about how she would look, laying on the floor...

But... sunny spot.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Mithar Keep

"Alright, your stripes are turning blue Kirin. How do you feel? Pay attention now." Cessie asks with an concerned look.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

Kirin looks back to Cessie. "I feel fine. I kind of want a nap, but I wanted a nap anyway. Just a short one." She takes another bite from the apple. That is a good apple... and she is feeling peckish.

Om nom nom nom appol nawm nawm nawm =3

Kirin looks down with some disappointment at the apple core. That was a good apple...

"Hey, look, apple seeds for you."
    She offers Cessie the apple core. By now, her stripes are obviously dark blue... and the rest of her fur has become more of a stark white than the cream it was before.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Mithar Keep

The sorceress looks curiously at Kirin as she accept the apple core. "Thank you Kirin, you can take the rest of the day off if you want to. Just try to relax, okay?" She tells the catgirl.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

"Uh huh. Thanks."

Kirin then goes over to that sunny spot, and lies down. She's not actually sleeping, just kind of resting there. She'll fall asleep soon enough, though.

She's willing to lie there until either the sun spot moves away or something disturbs her. Yeah... not terribly exciting.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Mithar Keep

Cessie had hoped for something more exciting to happen but at least she can keep track on how long the effect lasts. She might need to check on the kids soon enough though.

Harnel? Do you need any help with Cora and Bastion? The mage asks telepathically as she is observing the sleeping Kirin.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Mind]

They're sleeping at the moment, but I think Bastion's starting to stir. Could you get some milk from downstairs? Unless you'd prefer to breast feed him. Harnel teases
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

As Cessie is watching, Kirin's tail will twitch slightly and split into two. That's interesting.

You know, she looks kind of cute there, resting in the sun beam. She'll be rather embarrassed about it later... she's a civilized person that could, you know, use a chair to lounge in a sun beam. Resting on the floor makes you look silly.

18. - Top - End - #1308

Mithar Keep

The mage's cheeks flushes at Harnel's reply, he was never supposed to see that!

...maybe later, I'm doing an experiment right now. She excuses herself. Think you have some time over? I just gave a fey apple to Kirin and she's acting a bit weird. I'm trying to see how it's effecting her and how long the effect lasts.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie's Mind]

Just a moment, Harnel responds. It'll be a few moments before he says, Alright, I got Bastion to go back to sleep. I'll be there in a moment.

Harnel will be there shortly after that response, at which point he doesn't say anything, just looking at Kirin curiously. Two tails, huh?

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sunny Spot Near the Lab

Two tails, her fur is white with dark blue stripes (as opposed to the usual cream with black) and she's lounging on a rug in a sunny spot with no care whether anyone sees her or not.

She's asleep right now, so the two of them could probably discuss whatever they want without worrying about bugging her.

21. - Top - End - #1311

Sunny Spot Near the Lab

"The effect of the apple is individual apparently, Kirin just ate an whole apple, though not the seeds." Cessie explains, showing him the rest of the apple. Not that 'an whole apple' is an very exact measure. "My original idea was to try out the effects of the seed however but Kirin understandably wanted to try to apple first and here we are. I'm trying to see how long the effect lasts but I'm not sure what approach I should take. Either I just have her act naturally like right now or I try to wake her up and try to see how she act otherwise."

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Spot Near the Lab]

"Why not both? Run five tests; see how she does on a few tests when normal, then check her with the fey apple in both natural action and on those tests. then do the same with a seed." It makes sesne to Harnel, "If you need me to, I'll do the same; we already know how I start to act when I eat an apple."

23. - Top - End - #1313

"Yes, but once you know the effect you should theoretically be able to control yourself more. Or at least that's how it worked for me." Cessie replies, peering at Kirin. She then turns to the half-ragon again. "Would you really be able to try out the seed? Kirin might be better considering she would be easier to control." And Cessie had a certain emotional weakness to Harnel. <.<

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, if you recall, We just sort of acted drunk when we both ate the apples; you know, bad choices, sex where we probably shouldn't have had it, and the little mistake we had to correct later," he chuckles, pointing at her chest, "if the seeds are just a concentrated version of that, then likely we'll just be dealing with extra-drunk."

25. - Top - End - #1315

The mage crosses her arms over her chest self-consciously as he reminds her of that. "That is a valid hypothesis dear, but I can't confirm it without actually testing them. The effect might be so powerful it could be permanent for all we know, or last for years. Besides, if you do get extra drunk, you might be hard to control. Kirin on the other hand..." She gestures towards the sleeping catgirl, making her point pretty obvious. "It's up to you though. Afterwards Dorota is going to come over and then and later I need to eat one of the apples myself since I need to work with your sword." Once she's done with Kirin of course. So many experiments.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Spot Near The Labs]

Harnel rubs his chin, "Yeah, let's go for it. We'll keep me chained to a wall or something unless you determine me to be same to walk around. I think I've got some manacles somewhere."

27. - Top - End - #1317

"Are you sure dear?" Cessie says with a concerned look. "I'm not sure when to test you exactly anyway. Kirin expressed interest as well but the more subjects the better. Perhaps testing you at the same time would be the best idea to see how the different the effect and progress will be between you. Too bad neither of you are full human. That's the kind of subject I would need to demonstrate the effect in Hestopia." The apples might actually be of interest of quite a lot of noble couples. But they will be scorned publicly of course.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sunny Spot Near The Lab]

Harnel nods, "Well, once the seed's effects have been tested on me, we can test them on you if you like. I can make sure that you don't do anything crazy."

29. - Top - End - #1319

"Actually, my fey-heritage might cause the effect to be different then with other humans. Besides, I'm not planning any other testing until I have seen what kind of effect it will have." Not to mention the apples effect was enough for her to handle already, a more potent effect wasn't exactly desirable.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why don't you just go looking for volunteers?" Harnel asks, "I'm sure there's plenty of people that'd be willing to help in exchange for a a bit from our treasury."

"In any case, let's get that seed. I'd like to do this now, if we can."