New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep

[The Lab]

"Basically you turned the elemental into terrestrial material. A fire." Cessie explains. "I have no idea how you managed to banish it though. Not sure where it would have gone considering terrestrial material usually just change form instead of being banished or outright destroyed." She says as she looks at the place the elemental once had been. "I sort of counted on it starting to burn down the room..."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-01 at 03:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"When a fire doesn't have anything to burn, it starts dying. Unless it Set the very air on fire, it didn't have anything to burn, so it couldn't exist." Harnel says, "That seems like a pretty plausible explanation to me."

Then he looks at the water elemental, "Should we try it with the water there too?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1353

[The Lab]

"...maybe." That sounded like some sort of reality paradox though. Not really the kind of explanation she had wanted. Maybe it reacted differently to the nexus?

In either case... "Sure I guess, it should be safer than the fire elemental." And with that the water elemental slowly approaches Harnel.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-01 at 04:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

Harnel will put a hand on the elemental's 'head', the same as he did for the fire elemental and begin putting aether energy into it. This time, assuming it works the same way, he'll do his best to hold it together. He won't be able to manage that for more than a few seconds though, and the elemental should collapse onto the floor in a giant puddle.

Harnel will step away from the puddle and say, "Well, really, I should have expected that."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside The Lab

Kirin rolls over and sits up. She looks around a bit. "What happened?" She's not sure what makes her think something happened; there wasn't a noise or a light. She's just fairly sure that something happened.

6. - Top - End - #1356

[The Lab]

The mage sigh, "I suppose. Anything else you can do? I could get another object for you if you want." But otherwise she is out of ideas unless Harnel have any.

[Outside the Lab]

Garn stares at her curiously and then attempts to poke her with one finger. He doesn't give her any meaningful reply however.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-01 at 04:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"No, there's just one last thing I think I want to test," Harnel grins as he says this, and points a hand towards Cessie and another towards himself.

In a large use of energy, Harnel will adjust himself as well as Cessie, though it messes with her head a little. Cessie should suddenly find herself attracted to women. She should also find her chest and hips somewhat larger than before.

At the same time, that's what Harnel has become. A pair of breasts adorn his - her - chest and the curves of her body suggest exactly what Harnel has done.

"So, what do you think? Kind of pretty, aren't-" Harnel stops mid-scentence, all the flames that had adorned her body vanishing and her scales returning to their normal crimson color, "Oh gods, why did I do that?"

And, of course, Harnel is still topless. That might prove distracting for Cessie.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-01 at 04:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside The Lab

Huh?

Kirin knows that something happened. She's not sure how, but she does know.

She gets up and walks over to the lab. she opens the door and-

...yyyep.

...Now she's doing the "Kitty does not approve" look. Whatever happened here, Kirin does not approve.

9. - Top - End - #1359

[The Lab]

The gargoyle follows Kirin closely and as she walks in front of it, Garn actually attempts to pull her tail. How mean!

Meanwhile the sorceress blinks before, distracted or not, she quickly realizes what Harnel just did. "Did you... I... you imbecile!" She shouts at him, finding it much easier to ignore the new orientation with rage at her side. "Cover yourself, I'm going to fix this, as always." Sure, he had been drunk but the sorceress didn't want to be understanding right now, she wanted to get this fixed.

She turns to face Kirin, in barely constrained rage, was she still effected? Yep, she was. The sorceress frowns. "Kirin, stay away from here. Harnel did something really stupid and I don't want you to get involved with it." Looked like she had to eat an apple, it couldn't be worse then the half-dragon just had made it.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Lab]

"Right, I, um, I'm going to go down to our room." Harnel says with a swallow, grabbing the tatters of hurt burnt shirt from the floor to cover herself before heading downstairs, moving past Kirin and Cessie quickly.

She'll move into the master bedroom rather quickly, reaching into a wardrobe for a shirt. A shirt would make things better, right?
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-07-01 at 05:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Lab

Good advice from Cessie there, but Kirin, alas, isn't thinking straight. Without anything to use fairy power on, Kirin is stuck with a slightly-fairy mentality until the effect wears off.

"What happened? Harnel did that?" (She's obviously noticed the alterations to Cessie as well) "You gave him the seed, didn't you? With all due respect, and I mean that literally, you have a lot of respect due to you, what with being a powerful mage, the councilwoman representative of watchtower, wife to one of the nexus' greatest heroes, and the mother of two, with literally all due respect, that wasn't very smart. You could have asked me to help you. Somehow. I wouldn't even mind the nap interruption too much, naps are a dime a dozen if you know how to sneak 'em." Kirin isn't the best at sneaking naps, but she has gotten fairly good at finding comfortable places that people won't look for her.

As for Garn's tail tug, both of Kirin's tails randomly twitch out of the way, so that Kirin doesn't even notice the attempt.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-07-01 at 05:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1362

The Lab

Cessie wanted to explain that Harnel had insisted on it, and she had actually been rather curious about the effects, but she didn't really feel like arguing. "Just get out Kirin!" She shouts at the catgirl, clearly not being in the best of moods at the moment. She knew Dorota was coming over but it might, hopefully, still be hours to it.

Otherwise she had to cancel the whole thing due some stupid experiment. She knew she shouldn't have started this now, what was she thinking? This had all been a gigantic idiotic derp moment.

She didn't like Harnel as a woman first of all it was wrong, very wrong. But she was even more disturbed by being attracted to that. Noting up all the things she would do once she ate the apple in her notebook (made things easier to focus on) she thoughtfully bites in. This should all clear up very soon...

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching the Keep]

Dorota, Crissy, Syela, Sizewell and Horatio should all be approaching the Keep by now. Dorota is holding Crissy's hand and Sizewell is walking at his steady, monotonous pace behind them, with Horatio perched on his shoulder. As they walk, Dorota is explaining some things to her girlfriend and her apprentice.
    You should keep in mind that Cessie comes from a different country and she's used to a bit different customs than we are... she's not as adapted to Nexus' craziness as we are. But it should be alright.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

[Master Bedroom]

At this point, Harnel is sitting in the bedroom, wearing one of her lighter cotton shirts. This felt weird. Not weird good, not weird bad, just different.

But of course, that didn't account for mental state. Why did she do this? and with the last of the apple seed's power, too. So now Cessie was going to have to fix it. She sighs and lays down on her stomach.

Then shifts to her side because that feels weird.

And then shifts to he back because the hips make that feel weird.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground

[Approaching the Keep]

"I'm adjusted?" Syela asks with a little laugh. She's mostly avoided a lot of really weird stuff so far. The feychild walks along with Sizewell, looking around at the Keep curiously. This friend must be wealthy.

Avi for reference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-01 at 05:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Back Outside The Lab

Kirin goes back outside the lab, and then over to the window. This wasn't going well. Kirin knew that, but she didn't really care. Just... meh.

She looks out the window. Huh... there was someone coming up to the gate.

Oh, right...

Kirin turns around and shouts to Cessie, "Cessie, your guests are here. I'll go meet them. Let me know when you're ready, okay?"

And now Cessie gets to panic!

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Approaching the Keep]

Dorota, Crissy, Syela, Sizewell and Horatio should all be approaching the Keep by now. Dorota is holding Crissy's hand and Sizewell is walking at his steady, monotonous pace behind them, with Horatio perched on his shoulder. As they walk, Dorota is explaining some things to her girlfriend and her apprentice.
    You should keep in mind that Cessie comes from a different country and she's used to a bit different customs than we are... she's not as adapted to Nexus' craziness as we are. But it should be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Approaching the Keep]

"I'm adjusted?" Syela asks with a little laugh. She's mostly avoided a lot of really weird stuff so far. The feychild walks along with Sizewell, looking around at the Keep curiously. This friend must be wealthy.

Avi for reference:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crissy giggles. "Well, maybe like not totally adjusted but more so than you were, right?" the Valley Girl half-elf chirps with a grin. Quite possibly hand in hand with Dorota...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #1368

Back Outside The Lab

Cessie utters a swearword too horrible to get past the forums filter and sinks down in a nearby chair, and the apple would take effect soon...
    "Tell them something have gone horribly wrong and I might not be able to attend them at the moment... make sure Garn is with you too. Dorota wanted to look at him." She really wanted to sink through the earth right now. She wouldn't be able to completely trust Kirin either. Everything was insane at the moment and it was all her fault. >.<
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-01 at 06:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Dwarf in the Playground

Back Outside The Lab

"Okay. Come on, Garn. We're going to meet some new friends."

Kirin walks, going down the stairs to the main hall. She walks faster than you would think, being skinny and light and surprisingly athletic for how skinny she is.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

[Approaching the Keep]

Dorota chuckles. I don't think it's possible to adjust to this place entirely.
    At this point, they ought to reach the front door of the keep and Dorota knocks on it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Crissy smiles broadly, standing next to Dorota.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Keep Door

Kirin opens the front door. She's a cat girl that currently has white fur with dark blue stripes. She looks very underweight, even dangerously so. "Hello! You were invited by Cessie for experiments and the golem, right?" She steps out of the way of the door, letting the group enter. "This is Garn," she says, gesturing to the golem, "Garn, these are some of Cessie's friends. Introduce yourselves!"

23. - Top - End - #1373

[Keep Door]

The gargoyle, which is about as large as Sizewell, makes a clumsy bow before the two and grunts a greeting of sort with his wings spread wide, possibly bumping Kirin over the head.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

[Keep Door]

The blonde half-elf gives a quick curtsey!
    "I'm Crissy," Crissy says, smiling broadly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Syela enters along with the others and looks around curiously. Geeze, this place is huge. "Oh." Right, there are other people here. "I'm Syela." she bobs in a hasty curtsy as well. Apparently they're being formal.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

[Keep Door]

And I'm Dorota. We were invited by Cessie, yes, the alchemist says and looks at her own golem, who rumbles: I Am Sizewell, Dorota And Crissy's Golem. He's looking at Garn with what might be curiosity.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-02 at 10:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Keep Door

"I'm Kirin, a house servant." She's not exactly a maid... she does too many things to be just a maid. "There was a bit of trouble, and it will be a minute before Cessie can come down. Well, maybe more than a minute." She doesn't know how long Cessie's solution will take.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Keep Door

Cessie might not attend to them at all considering all things.

Garn looks up at sizewell and seems to regard him... in some way. It's impossible to tell due to the distinctive lack of expression. It doesn't speak however but suddenly turns to stare at Crissy and Syela which might come off as threateningly. Dorota might recall Cessie saying something about Garn's behavior when it comes to people it haven't been introduced to.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Crissy, somehow, doesn't notice Garm's behavior.
    She's too busy looking concerned at what Kirin said.
    "Oh, no. Like, what happened? We'll totally help if we can!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Keep Door]

Syela eyes are gargoyles nervously. She goes as far as to take a small step back away from it. It's more than a bit threatening.