New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Scrap? SCRAP!? These are my BEST FRIENDS! [3.5, Base Class, PEACH]

A suggestion: how about a couple of Children/Archetypes that require you to be a certain level before you can create them? Not sure how it would work, but it could be interesting.

Second: Upon rereading the class to see updates, I realized that the value of Junkheap points never did get added to the OP.

Glad to see this is still getting improved!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

I fixed that oversight in the Junkheap ability; I also altered the Crafter's Choice ability to help it be used to enter PrCs and such (Yay, things having names!)

In addition, there are 3 new Archetypes, each one allowing you to create a different type of magic item out of one of your Children!

The proficiencies have been altered to allow this.

Now, after the end of this week (I'm in England this week, and my internet access is... limited.), I actually have a couple feats and PrCs I am going to begin posting; I'm actually going to go ahead and throw a feat or two up now, to tide you all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I'm going to start posting a couple of things over the next week or so:

Creepy Doll Archetype: Fear effects for all you Skinlings, Sacklings, and Yarnlings out there!
    Stonebrother Archetype: Fear not! We have a mini-Stone Golem here! (can you guess which four this is for?)
    Walking Spellbook Archetype: Inklings can now hurl around spells. Yes, that is as terrifying as it sounds.
    Living Cloud Archetype: Yes, now your Ashling can become a flying Ooze/cloud.
    Pure Archetype: Swaps off for better materials, becoming damn awesome as it goes.
    Real Boy Choice: Make mini-Flesh Golems, so that you can have a real boy on your hands!
    Body Pilot Choice: I want you to look up Gut-puppets.
    Inspirational Doll Archetype: Yes, there is a Magical Girl archetype.
    Gravedirt Sculptor PrC: Corpse Children. Yes, it is going to be as awesome as it sounds.
    Tick-tock Man PrC: Slowly become a Construct... by literally rebuilding yourself.
    Freemason PrC: Let's go ahead and reconstruct the trellis that reality is constructed on (Truespeech Artifex)
    Builder of the Labrynthine Mansion PrC: Let's go ahead and say that building your own Magnificent Mansion is an awesome idea, as far as I'm concerned.
    Deliberate Smith PrC: Crafting things that actually use intended materials? Blasphemy!

Any more ideas? Just submit them!
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

So... any comments? Any at all?

Are my new changes awful? Too good? Should I be ashamed to to walk this earth?

Any ideas for Choices? Those really are my personal sticking points.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like this so far. I'm still making my own version, which uses 3rd party material to make a soul for what i call a Frame (miniature golem / homunculus / psicrystal / familiar thing with a HD progression similar to an animal companion's)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, post it when you are done!

Then I can make a PrC that fuses the two.

Gaah, I forgot to include an Incarnum/Scavenger, and a Factotum/Scavenger!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

3rd party material tends to not go over well on boards unless you can link to an OGL version, which i can't really do with one of them.

It uses Secrets of Pact Magic and Occult Lore (the spirit cultivation chapter) as well as Tome of Magic to create a unique soul that is a combination of revenant, spirit, and vestige.

The class also uses archetypes, but they're based on the Chameleon's aptitude foci rather than the way you've gone about it. And i'm sorta stuck ATM.

I can give you an idea on how to rework the children to be more effective though, using my own ideas.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) I'm using Miniature Golems as a base much like you are, but also include some added stuff from the homunculi.

2) I add the Int progression of a Familiar/Psicrystal to the Frame along with three personality shards instead of 1.

3) A bloodline as made by Welknair, just like what you did, along with two archtypes based on the ones from the Chameleon.

4) The racial abilities of an LA +0 race, possibly with higher LA ones later on.

5) Eidolon Evolutions (as in the ones from the Pathfinder Summoner) with EP equal to half your character level for each Frame.

6) Improved versions of Miniature Golems with a wider array of abilities that the creation eventually evolves to naturally

7) Eventually becomes a living construct rather than being a normal construct.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

If I may make a suggestion, Amechra? Change the Animal Form choice slightly, so that a child who is larger from taking the size changing choices can pick more animals and larger animals. It doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me why one of the Children would be 1 foot tall and another would be 10 feet tall, but both are limited to animal forms the size of a robin.

I look forward to the Pure and Stonebrother Archetypes!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

That Robin would be 10' tall as well, by the way; Animal Form retains any Choices applied to your Child.

But wait up a sec; I have a couple of new Choices I'm about to post.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

The Body Pilot, Mobile Child, and Tune-up Choices have been added, along with the crafting Hobbyist feat.