New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] One Life to Pony: MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I cannot imagine why," Icy replied dryly, remembering Lone Star's preferred way of greeting his enemies: a hoof to the face.
    Because his strongest attacks require that he start singing at the top of his lungs? Because he's a brawler? Because his hair is that awful shade of silver? Because stealth was useless in a town full of crazy people so it got bred out of him? Because he's an ugly-ass anti-social moron who could never get a date with anything prettier than an eviscerated toad? Because-

"Right, after you, Miss Hay Bale," Icy said, politely showing the way to the kitchen.
    Hay Bale hummed to herself as she trotted into the kitchen.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-02-20 at 10:23 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot just sat there at the table watching the two mares walk. He casually gestured for Icy to sit next to him. "Well ladies, welcome to Chez Fox Trot, on the menu peanut butter and violet/redbuds sandwiches and milk. Real fancy and all that." He chuckled. His time he spent prepping lunch helped him relax just a little bit in having to tolerate Hay Bale for a bit longer, or at least that's what he was trying to do.

He held his sandwich between his hooves and dug in.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Just general stuff for Mystic. Feel Free to skip it. There's really not much interesting here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mystic, while in the dark forces, had gotten used to a certain lifestyle. She was able to make a very good amount of money. Whoever said "Crime doesn't pay" was a lying liar who lies. Naturally, this had been reflected in her choice of new house, a Lavish mansion, several miles away from Bridle Shores that had long since been abandoned. The best part was, nopony cared about it, so nopony could prevent her from just walking in and taking it. Well, there may have been real estate agents who cared, but they tend to flee when they hear shotguns being fired at them.

Mystic had been reflecting over the events of the past few days as she and her clones worked to get this place cleaned up. Celestia was coming back, she had left the Dark Forces, Faithful Song appeared to trust both her clones and her utterly and completely, and there was a very good chance both sides now wanted her dead and gone. If she were going to do anything, she would have to tread very carefully and not tip her hoof towards either side too much. In the end, she wanted Celestia and Luna to get back to ruling Equestria as per normal, before the whole endless Summer thing. However, there was a good chance this wouldn't go over well with the other nations, and them back in power would mean Mystic being delivered to them in a body bag for Treason and a whole mess of other stuff she was guilty of.

If she wanted to get herself re-assimilated into the public, there would probably be a couple of ways to do this. Feigning total redemption could potentially work, as could simply re-claiming what was technically her rightful place. Being a zergpony had a tendency to draw eyes though, so she'd have to develop a way to at least appear normal. She'd have to think more about that later, as it would be nice being able to go out into public without everypony wanting her head on a pike.

Speaking of ponies who might want her head on a pike, there was that Blazing hooves pony and that friend of his...he really didn't deserve the fate that she'd given him. Maybe there would be the opportunity to make up for it, or possibly even go there herself and help him get out. She'd have to think more about that later as well. In the meantime, she sent a silent prayer to the Princesses that he'd be alright.

Then there was the fairly broken pony she had been taking care of. Faithful Song was a very nice mare, and is largely the reason Mystic ended up leaving. She didn't want to condemn the mare to the same life she had been living for years.

She was also wondering what her family would think of her, villain or not. The clones probably weren't helping their opinion of her, especially that one...actually, they were all getting out of hoof. They all seemed to be developing personalities of their own, which was not a good sign. Despite her referring to them as "Clones" they weren't their own beings, they were extensions of her own mind. Them being so far apart from what they were supposed to be meant she was slowly going insane, and there wasn't much she could do to stop it, short of killing them. Even then, it would just mean her "clones" were dead, not that she was no longer breaking. Though, if they got too far away from her, she might have to put them down. The Zerg Virus gave them far too much power to let them do with it what they pleased. She shuddered to think what her Sixth clone being let completely loose on Equestria would be like, or if one of her slightly more on the ball clones had lost what morals she had....That would mean an Equestria with just about everything assimilated into the Hive mind. Even ponies like the Princesses or John would have trouble with a pony with her abilities without morals.

Which means the best way to prevent that happening....is to destroy the Zerg Virus. An act that could very likely kill her in the process.

She'd really have to think about that.

Smoothie

After yesterday, Smoothie decided to show up at Zach's place of residence and talk to him. She knocked on the door.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-02-20 at 02:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Gyah!" Tyrol yelled, ducking just in time to have the bucket brush against his mane. He blinked in confusion at the escaping duck. "By Luna... what did we do yesterday..." he said, groaning and rubbing his aching head.
    For a moment Staccata looked at the goings-on in confused shock before recovering back to normal. She casually flips a page in the current book. "Aside from a few certain events you make impossible to forget, there are some conspicuous black spots aren't there?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "I try very hard to not be surprised at who I meet. Then after a while I stopped being surprised at all. I suppose you just can't help meeting interesting ponies, but it's being interesting that makes one an individual. And individuals are the most fun to meet. And sometimes frightening but that can't really be helped."
    Blades considered for a moment. "Well, everypony's interestin' to some extent. Some are just more interestin' than others, 'n that depends on who ya are almost as much as it depends on who they are! As for frightnin', other ponies don't usually scare me, but maybe that's just who I am, 'cause I've seen other ponies get frightened when meetin' new ponies. Have ya met anypony frightnin' lately, Arvadraa?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox Trot just sat there at the table watching the two mares walk. He casually gestured for Icy to sit next to him. "Well ladies, welcome to Chez Fox Trot, on the menu peanut butter and violet/redbuds sandwiches and milk. Real fancy and all that." He chuckled. His time he spent prepping lunch helped him relax just a little bit in having to tolerate Hay Bale for a bit longer, or at least that's what he was trying to do.

He held his sandwich between his hooves and dug in.
    Icy took her seat next to Fox naturally. "Mmm. Looks like you outdid yourself yet again, Fox," she said, levitating a sandwich. She took a delicate bite and chewed thoughtfully.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    For a moment Staccata looked at the goings-on in confused shock before recovering back to normal. She casually flips a page in the current book. "Aside from a few certain events you make impossible to forget, there are some conspicuous black spots aren't there?"
    "Yes... Very..." Tyrol said, grimacing slightly. "What... what are supposed to do again?"

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Icy took her seat next to Fox naturally. "Mmm. Looks like you outdid yourself yet again, Fox," she said, levitating a sandwich. She took a delicate bite and chewed thoughtfully.

"Yes, a step up from just 'regular' peanut butter sandwiches,"
    he chuckled after washing down his bite with milk. He watched her take such dainty bites, so cute and lady like.

8. - Top - End - #1028

"Yes... Very..." Tyrol said, grimacing slightly. "What... what are supposed to do again?"

"Well I'm trying to figure out what's going on with this whole destruction of the town thing with ancient evil and all that, you might want to go see if we're wanted for any property damage or anything,"
    Staccata states while casually flipping another page.

"Might want to figure out if you're still considered on leave from being mauled by a dragon."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

he chuckled after washing down his bite with milk. He watched her take such dainty bites, so cute and lady like.
    OMNOMNOMNOJUTSU!

Hay Bale had it in her mouth practically before she even started speaking but she delayed swallowing the sandwich and continued to chew it.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blades considered for a moment. "Well, everypony's interestin' to some extent. Some are just more interestin' than others, 'n that depends on who ya are almost as much as it depends on who they are! As for frightnin', other ponies don't usually scare me, but maybe that's just who I am, 'cause I've seen other ponies get frightened when meetin' new ponies. Have ya met anypony frightnin' lately, Arvadraa?"
    "Well not anyPONY, exactly, but by the worst luck ever in history I did manage to anger an angered, wounded, in-heat honey badger who was guarding some of her children. I have never flown away so fast in my life. And I've flown fairly fast. And I still was almost caught. The only other time I can think of on that scale was the misunderstanding with the grizzly bear and those infernal bunnies."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    OMNOMNOMNOJUTSU!

Hay Bale had it in her mouth practically before she even started speaking but she delayed swallowing the sandwich and continued to chew it.
    "Of course," Icy replied, grimacing as Hay Bale seemed to be intent on breaking whatever decorum the table had. Steering her mind away from the potential disaster, she glanced at Fox. "So, are you still planning to go back to the lake? It sounded like you haven't finished staking it out."

"Well I'm trying to figure out what's going on with this whole destruction of the town thing with ancient evil and all that, you might want to go see if we're wanted for any property damage or anything,"
    Staccata states while casually flipping another page.

"Might want to figure out if you're still considered on leave from being mauled by a dragon."
    "Nngh... right... after this... coffee," Tyrol said, rooting in the fridge for any potential source of sweet, sweet caffeine. Finally, finding a half-finished can of ice-cold coffee, he grabbed with it with his teeth and tilted it down his throat.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course," Icy replied, grimacing as Hay Bale seemed to be intent on breaking whatever decorum the table had. Steering her mind away from the potential disaster, she glanced at Fox. "So, are you still planning to go back to the lake? It sounded like you haven't finished staking it out."
    He grimaced watching Hay Bale eat and quickly looked away to look back at his lady love. "I suppose, so as long as it goes without incident...Try to have a thorough stake out and all that."

13. - Top - End - #1033

"Nngh... right... after this... coffee," Tyrol said, rooting in the fridge for any potential source of sweet, sweet caffeine. Finally, finding a half-finished can of ice-cold coffee, he grabbed with it with his teeth and tilted it down his throat.

"Anyway, we're dealing with what likely was just some arrogant magic user that ran afoul of the royal inquisitionings that happen all the time. More than even chance they're completely insane by now though."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

He grimaced watching Hay Bale eat and quickly looked away to look back at his lady love. "I suppose, so as long as it goes without incident...Try to have a thorough stake out and all that."
    "I worry about you. The last time you did that..." She left the no doubt as to what she referred to.

"Anyway, we're dealing with what likely was just some arrogant magic user that ran afoul of the royal inquisitionings that happen all the time. More than even chance they're completely insane by now though."
    Tyrol just nodded, not really understanding the whole deal. "So... we're dealing with insane unicorns with potentially catastrophic powers? Sounds par for Bridle Shores."

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

"I worry about you. The last time you did that..." She left the no doubt as to what she referred to.
    "Speaking of such....that was...an encounter I can't just brush aside...the filly was a fae apparently....that's not something you really encounter every day.......or a mutant pony who's body can't decide what kind of pony they are," He stroked his chin with a hoof with a plotting grin. Frankly, he wasn't that surprised to come across a fae out there, he'd seen many a weird things, hence his nonchalant behavior some time ago when he met that zerg pony and mild curiosity about Hay Bale that seem to wan the more he was around Hay Bale.

He then leaned over to Icy to whisper to her. "Also...your worrying over me....I find it oddly sexy.."

16. - Top - End - #1036

Tyrol just nodded, not really understanding the whole deal. "So... we're dealing with insane unicorns with potentially catastrophic powers? Sounds par for Bridle Shores."
    "Only somepony in this whole affair is able to permanently entomb somepony with magic and/or have a body agelessly waiting for their escape. Well we might get lucky and talk her down," Staccata nonchalantly closes one of the books and begins hoofing through another one looking for the relevant info.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well not anyPONY, exactly, but by the worst luck ever in history I did manage to anger an angered, wounded, in-heat honey badger who was guarding some of her children. I have never flown away so fast in my life. And I've flown fairly fast. And I still was almost caught. The only other time I can think of on that scale was the misunderstanding with the grizzly bear and those infernal bunnies."
    "That does sound nasty! Still, there's far worse things to anger. It could've been something ya couldn't have flown away from or fought, 'n if it was wounded, it wasn't as dangrous as it could've been." Blades laughed. "I've seen lots of dangers, 'n dangers aren't that nasty when ya know how to handle 'em. 'N if ya don't know how to handle 'em, I could handle 'em for ya!"

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

"Speaking of such....that was...an encounter I can't just brush aside...the filly was a fae apparently....that's not something you really encounter every day.......or a mutant pony who's body can't decide what kind of pony they are," He stroked his chin with a hoof with a plotting grin. Frankly, he wasn't that surprised to come across a fae out there, he'd seen many a weird things, hence his nonchalant behavior some time ago when he met that zerg pony and mild curiosity about Hay Bale that seem to wan the more he was around Hay Bale.

He then leaned over to Icy to whisper to her. "Also...your worrying over me....I find it oddly sexy.."
    Icy found her own cheeks colouring, as she found herself wont to do whenever she was around this admittedly attractive stallion. "Fox! Not during breakfast," she scolded playfully.

"Only somepony in this whole affair is able to permanently entomb somepony with magic and/or have a body agelessly waiting for their escape. Well we might get lucky and talk her down," Staccata nonchalantly closes one of the books and begins hoofing through another one looking for the relevant info.
    "Although I have to wonder. Why is it again we're doing the talking?" Tyrol mused aloud, taking another long sip of his cold coffee.

19. - Top - End - #1039

"Although I have to wonder. Why is it again we're doing the talking?" Tyrol mused aloud, taking another long sip of his cold coffee.

"I still don't know what we're dealing with, just getting an idea on who,"
    Staccata goes to her can of soda but finds it empty. "Since we'd be fighting without knowing what we're up against, a lot of options need looking at. Plus if we change our mind, it can set up some surprise."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Icy found her own cheeks colouring, as she found herself wont to do whenever she was around this admittedly attractive stallion. "Fox! Not during breakfast," she scolded playfully.

"Mmmm...that's not how it went down the other day's breakfast time,"
    He grinned whispering back. Yea, he was taking amusement in teasing her, but he was going to mostly behave but only because they had a guest. He returned to seemingly and idly eating the rest of his sandwich giving Icy a playfully smug smile if she turned at all to look at him, even for a second.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "That does sound nasty! Still, there's far worse things to anger. It could've been something ya couldn't have flown away from or fought, 'n if it was wounded, it wasn't as dangrous as it could've been." Blades laughed. "I've seen lots of dangers, 'n dangers aren't that nasty when ya know how to handle 'em. 'N if ya don't know how to handle 'em, I could handle 'em for ya!"
    True. It could have been a flying badger. Perspective helps with that, usually. And I have to admit that having someone as skilled as you watching my flank for when diplomacy fails is very appealing. But I doubt I'll get into too many fights here. If I do, I'm probably being too...ah...what's the word? Antagonistic? Right, that."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmmm...that's not how it went down the other day's breakfast time,"
    He grinned whispering back. Yea, he was taking amusement in teasing her, but he was going to mostly behave but only because they had a guest. He returned to seemingly and idly eating the rest of his sandwich giving Icy a playfully smug smile if she turned at all to look at him, even for a second.
    Icy whispered back right before he pulled away. "If I recall correctly, twas after breakfast..." She smiled slightly at him before returning to eating her sandwich. Her gaze occasionally flitted between Fox and Hay Bale, though she regarded the latter with considerably less enthusiasm.

"I still don't know what we're dealing with, just getting an idea on who,"
    Staccata goes to her can of soda but finds it empty. "Since we'd be fighting without knowing what we're up against, a lot of options need looking at. Plus if we change our mind, it can set up some surprise."
    Tyrol slumped on one of the couch, rubbing his head. "This is why I never meddled in politics..." he said, shutting his eyes. "Too complicated."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

Eventually Fox Trot finished his sandwich and glass of milk and got up to go wash the two dishes. "Well ladies, I hope you enjoyed your classy fine dining here at Chez Fox du Trot." He said jokingly. He then offered to wash their dishes when they were done.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

Hay Bale lifted the empty plates with her horn's magic and started cleaning them herself. Shouldn't freeload off of her too much.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot

Eventually Fox Trot finished his sandwich and glass of milk and got up to go wash the two dishes. "Well ladies, I hope you enjoyed your classy fine dining here at Chez Fox du Trot." He said jokingly. He then offered to wash their dishes when they were done.
    Icy, naturally, refused, and proceeded to wash her own dishes as well. After the deed was done, she eyed Hay Bale. "Are you really going to follow us the whole day?" she asked pointedly.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Icy, naturally, refused, and proceeded to wash her own dishes as well. After the deed was done, she eyed Hay Bale. "Are you really going to follow us the whole day?" she asked pointedly.
    Like I have much of a choice? She grumbled, laying her head on the table. Star locked his tower up last night so i couldn't get my payment from him, so I can't leave. I don't have the bits to stay anywhere, and I need to make sure Fox stays alive. Her biology shifted again, this time into an alicorn for a split second before back to an earth pony. Though, if you two need some... alone time, I could go tour the town for a few hours.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh, 'alone time' Icy," He nudged the icy blue with a naughty grin. He then looked at Hay Bale, ya know, maybe she wasn't so bad afterall, well, when she wasn't being loud and crude, or just loud and frustrating.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Dwarf in the Playground

True. It could have been a flying badger. Perspective helps with that, usually. And I have to admit that having someone as skilled as you watching my flank for when diplomacy fails is very appealing. But I doubt I'll get into too many fights here. If I do, I'm probably being too...ah...what's the word? Antagonistic? Right, that."
    "Or everything else is bein' too antagonistic, 'cause it sometimes happens! I don't think ya have to worry about provokin' anything that wouldn't be provoked anyway. Still, if anything does try to hurt ya, it won't be tryin' for long."

Blades paused to examine the piece of metal Arvadraa was shaping and see how good it looked.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Like I have much of a choice? She grumbled, laying her head on the table. Star locked his tower up last night so i couldn't get my payment from him, so I can't leave. I don't have the bits to stay anywhere, and I need to make sure Fox stays alive. Her biology shifted again, this time into an alicorn for a split second before back to an earth pony. Though, if you two need some... alone time, I could go tour the town for a few hours.
    "Oooh, 'alone time' Icy," He nudged the icy blue with a naughty grin. He then looked at Hay Bale, ya know, maybe she wasn't so bad afterall, well, when she wasn't being loud and crude, or just loud and frustrating.
    Much as she liked having 'alone' time with Fox, decorum demanded that she offer this mare a place to stay, despite her obvious distaste. "It's... fine, Hay Bale. You can stay if you wish..." Icy said, grimacing slightly at the thought of Hay Bale spending the rest of the day with them.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

Fox found himself pouting for a moment softly cursing at no alone time as he quietly shook a hoof to himself. "Curses." He then had a 'eureka' moment expression.

"Babe...we can still have 'alone time'....she just said she' tour town for a few hours....I don't see why...we still can't...ya know, and still have you let her stay here for the night,"
    He sported a cheesy eager grin.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-02-22 at 09:36 PM.