New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] One Life to Pony: MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I see,"
    He said as he peered into the unwelcoming opening of the cave. He stepped into the dust laden cave watching the footprints he made with each invisible step.

Inside the cave, this time, Hay Bale [and Fox Trot] would find the cave empty this time with none of the stuff Hay Bale saw before.
    There was silence for a moment, then a groan. Oh that CAN'T be good.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    There was silence for a moment, then a groan. Oh that CAN'T be good.

"What?....What are you referring to?"
    Fox asked looking confused, not that she could see it being invisible and all.

Upon close inspection of the dirt around them there were strange impressions of the dirt. Delicate but large, scurrying and threading dirt the way a spider's would over ground like this. A large spider.

A dull creak sounded from above as Fox glanced up and looked up to see massive web complex with the random junk that Hay Bale saw yesterday all wrapped up in silk and dangling. In the middle was a giant spider thrice the size of an average sized pony.

This definitely wasn't here yesterday.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

...I hate my life...

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

"Spiders, why did it have to be spiders,"
    Fox uttered as he stared at the creature, who seemed to be staring back despite the invisibility. It was one of those awkward moments where you find yourself just derpingly standing there as your mind tries to digest the danger.

The spider broke the moment letting out that cliche twittering screech noise as it lunged at Fox Trot. He yelled and jumped out of the way, his instinct's saving his mocha flank.

Combat mode.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Hay Bale jumped up and slammed her back hooves into the spider's eyes, kangaroo style. The creature schreeched and slammed it's legs into her, throwing the yellow earth pony into the wall. Blood splattered from her back but she was alive and from the look in her eyes still aware.

She coughed, and then started to mutter under her breath...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-02-29 at 11:23 PM.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blades fell over from the force of her laughter.

"Ya really had no idea? If ya had one, yar mark would be as much a part of ya as yar wings, only harder to neatly cut off. They represent who ya are 'n what ya do! Of course they're important!"
    "I...I'm not sure I understand. Are they a representation of a soul, or...?" She suddenly seemed rather more frightened at not having a mark now than a moment ago, and more frightened overall than somepony should be at, well, anything.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "I...I'm not sure I understand. Are they a representation of a soul, or...?" She suddenly seemed rather more frightened at not having a mark now than a moment ago, and more frightened overall than somepony should be at, well, anything.
    "Sort of, but sort of not. It means a lot about what ya are, but it's kind of versatile. A hammer, for instance, could mean yar talent's smithin', or it could mean yar talent's carpentry, but either way, it shows what yar talent is 'n thus what the key part of yar soul is. Of course, there's also a wide variety of souls to go with talents, but ya generally see patterns in it. The main thing, though, is it means self-discovry." Blades looked over Arvadraa again. "Either ya're very good at bein' invisible or ya haven't found yarself yet."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I am," He said with a slight furrow of his brow. Technically, he was kinda stealing from the batch of Bits Grills gave him, to invest. Or maybe he was borrowing it with the intent to pay it back if he ever manages to double it.

"I uh..maybe one hundred bits?"
    He wasn't sure really how much might be needed.
    "Thank ye. Ember."

After recieving the monies, Lochbed would move close to his colt to gift a kiss. Hesitation over the his word would keep contant from happening. She remembers a thing she saw another mare do and blows a kiss.

"Awbade!" screams Lochbed as she runs out the room.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Hay Bale jumped up and slammed her back hooves into the spider's eyes, kangaroo style. The creature screeched and slammed it's legs into her, throwing the yellow earth pony into the wall. Blood splattered from her back but she was alive and from the look in her eyes still aware.

She coughed, and then started to mutter under her breath...
    This whole invisible thing, seemed to be working in ill favor for the pair. Fox let out a stifled gasp when he heard and then saw the the thunk and impression in the stony wall.

"Manure manure manure!" He scrambled out of the way as a heavy spider leg almost impaled him where he stood. He then found himself on its hairy 'back' all rodeo style as he tried to get it to run into the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Thank ye. Ember."

After receiving the monies, Lochbed would move close to his colt to gift a kiss. Hesitation over the his word would keep content from happening. She remembers a thing she saw another mare do and blows a kiss.

"Awbade!" screams Lochbed as she runs out the room.
    Ember just kinda found himself in a stupor, the whole little encounter was...well he had no words at the moment. Instead he found himself reaching up and pretending to catch the air kiss.

Aubade was still in the bedroom organizing the dresses and little things back to the way they were.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

This whole invisible thing, seemed to be working in ill favor for the pair. Fox let out a stifled gasp when he heard and then saw the the thunk and impression in the stony wall.

"Manure manure manure!" He scrambled out of the way as a heavy spider leg almost impaled him where he stood. He then found himself on its hairy 'back' all rodeo style as he tried to get it to run into the wall.
    Fox Trot felt his invisibility fade as suddenly a singing voice split the cave's darkness.

E~verything you know is wrong~
    Black is white up is down and short is long

This time when the spider's legs came down on her, Hay Bale threw up her hooves and caught them. Her hooves sank into the ground, and her front legs began to bleed, but she was not thrown again.

And everything you used to think was just so important
    doesn't matter~

((... Well who else but the unicorn/earthpony/pegasus/alicorn could've known enough about both magic and pegasus biology to teach a pegasus how to songfight? ))
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-01 at 10:08 AM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Ember just kinda found himself in a stupor, the whole little encounter was...well he had no words at the moment. Instead he found himself reaching up and pretending to catch the air kiss.

Aubade was still in the bedroom organizing the dresses and little things back to the way they were.
    Lochbed runs into the room and waves a hoof at Aubade before galloping down the stair. "Ochkay. Ember gave me the bits. Hurry downstairs, Ah'm hailing a driver."

Once downstairs and outside, the kelpie whistles and flails her hooves.

A bike towing a rickshaw like carriage speeds from around the corner. The driver's bright smile and orange bucket hat could be seen from the distance. The loud skate punk rock could be heard over the screams of the pony pedestrians who almost get run over.
    "Taxi!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Deliberately ignore the dagger-glances, Staccata continues om while the facehoofing goes on. "Well what are you going to do with your indefinite payed leave in which you're not even supposed to be worrying about the whole assassination thing?"
    Tyrol finally peeked out from the cover of his hoof. "Uh... well..." He sneaked a glance backwards, breathing a sigh of relief that his colleagues finally decided to move on. "I suppose we can always... uh... spend the day together. You know. Like... a couple."

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot felt his invisibility fade as suddenly a singing voice split the cave's darkness.

E~verything you know is wrong~
    Black is white up is down and short is long

This time when the spider's legs came down on her, Hay Bale threw up her hooves and caught them. Her hooves sank into the ground, and her front legs began to bleed, but she was not thrown again.

And everything you used to think was just so important
    doesn't matter~

Fox Trot found himself having difficulty trying to stay on the spider and corral it into the wall as to lessen the impacts of it eight legs hitting Hay Bale. Essentially, sap of most of its strength as it tried to throw him off.

Meanwhile, the cave was precariously starting to rumble.

Lochbed runs into the room and waves a hoof at Aubade before galloping down the stair. "Ochkay. Ember gave me the bits. Hurry downstairs, Ah'm hailing a driver."

Once downstairs and outside, the kelpie whistles and flails her hooves.

A bike towing a rickshaw like carriage speeds from around the corner. The driver's bright smile and orange bucket hat could be seen from the distance. The loud skate punk rock could be heard over the screams of the pony pedestrians who almost get run over.
    "Taxi!"
    Aubade hovered outside in a prim and proper way with her saddle bags at her side. It did come to pass, a thought on where Ember even acquired the money to be giving to Lochbed. Hmmm.

She flapped her wings keeping herself in a low hover and off her hind leg as she hovered over near Lochbed.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tyrol finally peeked out from the cover of his hoof. "Uh... well..." He sneaked a glance backwards, breathing a sigh of relief that his colleagues finally decided to move on. "I suppose we can always... uh... spend the day together. You know. Like... a couple."
    Staccata moves in just a little closer to Tyrol. "Just remember you can't have any fun if you keep covering your eyes with a hoof."

Of course this was vague enough to not be a suggestion on what to do. She didn't exactly know much about this town's leisure activities. That and most of her hobbies involved making ponies rue stuff.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aubade hovered outside in a prim and proper way with her saddle bags at her side. It did come to pass, a thought on where Ember even acquired the money to be giving to Lochbed. Hmmm.

She flapped her wings keeping herself in a low hover and off her hind leg as she hovered over near Lochbed.
    Ya ya ya ya ya!

"Yo Yo Yo We gotta move!" said the brown earth pony driver over the blasting punk rock. The large toothy grin never leaves his bearded face and large sunglasses yet somehow the pony in the blue shirt speaks.

Lochbed hops excitedly into the cab and buckles up. Once Aubade got in, she jumps up and points forward. "Take us to the pharmacy."

Day after day, your home life's a wreck
    The powers that be just breathe down your neck
    You get no respect
    You get no relief
    You gotta speak up and yell out your piece!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Aubade did her best to not show much of a reaction to Lochbed's or the taxi puller's antics.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Fox Trot found himself having difficulty trying to stay on the spider and corral it into the wall as to lessen the impacts of it eight legs hitting Hay Bale. Essentially, sap of most of its strength as it tried to throw him off.

Meanwhile, the cave was precariously starting to rumble.
    Everything you know is wrong,
    Just forget the words and sign a-long~

A horn sprung out of Hay Bale's head and began to shine with blinding white light. The spider schreeched as it was blinded and began flailing like mad as the unicorn vaulted over the creature.

All you need to understand is...

A massive blast of energy flew from her horn, slamming into the spider's back and pushing it towards the wall.

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG!!

If fox trot crashes into the wall
    Spoiler
    Show
    he would find that his wounds were much, much lighter than they should have been after crashing into a wall

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aubade did her best to not show much of a reaction to Lochbed's or the taxi puller's antics.
    Nothing changes cause it's all the same
    The world you get's the one you give away
    It all just happens again
    Way down the line

And off they go. The crazy taxi races down the street. But it doesn't remain on the street. The driver takes the cab through the park and over a picnic. Many ponies are forced to run for their lives as this four wheels yellow instrument of mayhem destroy the peaceful life of Bridle Shores.

There is a chain that's never broken
    You know the story it's sad but true
    An angry stallion gets drunk and...

"Hey Driver, is the ride supposed to be so rough? And does the sounds have to be so loud?"

The volume of the radio lowers before the smiling driver speaks. "Don't worry, miss. You'll be fine."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

The spider screeches in pain and general annoyance, etc. Fox Trot in the meanwhile was thrown against the wall though he was surprised at his lack of severe wounds. Where he should have broke a hoof, it was just sprained. Still hurt though.

He scrambled away from the walls as he tried to spot the entrance as the giant fiendish spider blindly slammed into the walls. Rocks started to fall from the ceiling.

"Hay Bale...! Get out...we have..to...cave in...should kill it...ow..."
    He managed as he limped slightly to the mouth of the cave.
    ==========

Aubade

The yellow mare was wincing at the loudness and roughness of the ride. "Sir, I don't think I'm just worried about our own being....you could be reported for this reckless pulling, for endangerment of the public."
    ==

Ember

The young noble was curious on what the missing sentences in the note Grills sent him were. He desired to confront of him about it, to gain more information. So after he got ready and dressed, he went to go find him.

However, he wasn't sure at all where he would find Grills, so, instead, he decided to go check out that bar Grills took him to last night.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

==========

Aubade

The yellow mare was wincing at the loudness and roughness of the ride. "Sir, I don't think I'm just worried about our own being....you could be reported for this reckless pulling, for endangerment of the public."
    Thebicycle and cart flies into the air after a high jump off a hill. The whole thing crashes hard in front of a small store with a white awning."Done worry. THey'll be fine. They're still standing. And Look we are here."

==

Ember

The young noble was curious on what the missing sentences in the note Grills sent him were. He desired to confront of him about it, to gain more information. So after he got ready and dressed, he went to go find him.

However, he wasn't sure at all where he would find Grills, so, instead, he decided to go check out that bar Grills took him to last night.
    Unfortunately he isn't there.

"Grills nurses her hangovers at home with ice and mares. Try his house."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

The spider screeches in pain and general annoyance, etc. Fox Trot in the meanwhile was thrown against the wall though he was surprised at his lack of severe wounds. Where he should have broke a hoof, it was just sprained. Still hurt though.

He scrambled away from the walls as he tried to spot the entrance as the giant fiendish spider blindly slammed into the walls. Rocks started to fall from the ceiling.

"Hay Bale...! Get out...we have..to...cave in...should kill it...ow..."
    He managed as he limped slightly to the mouth of the cave.
    The unicorn dashed right up to him, singing something about aliens taking polaroids. Fox Trot felt his weariness fading, his breath steadying and new energy surging into his limbs. They both made it out of the cave just in time for it to fall down on the spider.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Sort of, but sort of not. It means a lot about what ya are, but it's kind of versatile. A hammer, for instance, could mean yar talent's smithin', or it could mean yar talent's carpentry, but either way, it shows what yar talent is 'n thus what the key part of yar soul is. Of course, there's also a wide variety of souls to go with talents, but ya generally see patterns in it. The main thing, though, is it means self-discovry." Blades looked over Arvadraa again. "Either ya're very good at bein' invisible or ya haven't found yarself yet."
    "Well I...I'm not good at hiding. So I suppose I...Oh. Oh no. Not this again." She stomps a hoof lightly onto the ground and mutters off horrendous curses in animal-ese, but with some kind of horn as the recipient of the insult-fest.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Staccata moves in just a little closer to Tyrol. "Just remember you can't have any fun if you keep covering your eyes with a hoof."

Of course this was vague enough to not be a suggestion on what to do. She didn't exactly know much about this town's leisure activities. That and most of her hobbies involved making ponies rue stuff.
    "Uh, right." Tyrol put said hoof back on the ground, though he did wince a little as he spied another of his friends around by the corner. "Anyway, maybe we could go for lunch? Pretty sure we can try that Italian restaurant that opened off Main Street."

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

The bicycle and cart flies into the air after a high jump off a hill. The whole thing crashes hard in front of a small store with a white awning."Done worry. They'll be fine. They're still standing. And Look we are here."
    Aubade had never before experienced motion sickness, but thanks to the bicyclist, she has now. She was...glad to be off that death trap and hovered away to stand in front of the entrance and wait for Lochbed.

Unfortunately he isn't there.

"Grills nurses her hangovers at home with ice and mares. Try his house."

'Uh..where's that?"
    Ember asked the disembodied NPC voice.

The unicorn dashed right up to him, singing something about aliens taking polaroids. Fox Trot felt his weariness fading, his breath steadying and new energy surging into his limbs. They both made it out of the cave just in time for it to fall down on the spider.
    Well, they weren't going in there any time soon. The cave in caused a massive cloud of dust to billow out, which naturally, Fox Trot choked on as he fell on his haunches and walked the cave in. The unnatural screeches of the spider, eventually died in a whimper.

"We don't Icy about this,"
    He swallowed hard as the dust cleared.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Well, they weren't going in there any time soon. The cave in caused a massive cloud of dust to billow out, which naturally, Fox Trot choked on as he fell on his haunches and walked the cave in. The unnatural screeches of the spider, eventually died in a whimper.

"We don't Icy about this,"
    He swallowed hard as the dust cleared.
    "Like she'd believe this." She growled out dryly, voice hoarse.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

"She would, considering all our past shenanigans with this town, and then, I'd be on the receiving end of an earful of scoldings,"
    He grimly smiled before turning to face Hay Bale. "Hey, you're okay, right?"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-02 at 11:35 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

"She would, considering all our past shenanigans with this town, and then, I'd be on the receiving end of an earful of scoldings,"
    He grimly smiled before turning to face Hay Bale. "Hey, you're okay, right?"
    There's something wrong with this town... She muttered before shaking herself. Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a sore throat. Songfighting tends to do that.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aubade had never before experienced motion sickness, but thanks to the bicyclist, she has now. She was...glad to be off that death trap and hovered away to stand in front of the entrance and wait for Lochbed.
    "That was fast. Here's your shiny pebbles." Lochbed hoofs over the coins and hops out the cab.

The store the fillies stand in front of is bleach white in every place that isn't glass. As the kelpie pushes open the door, door chime signals the white mare behind to counter to eerily swivel around to greet them. "Welcome to Apothecarolyn's Drug and Component store. How can I be of service."

If the mares move close, they would spot a pale green weanling foal licking a lollipop. His big black eyes seem to follow whoever glances at him in silence.

Lochbed obviously didn't see how creepy the hospital like store with the bank mare and silent child is. "Mercury and guano. 5 doses of each. Nontoxic mousebait. And a cup of acorns. Need anything Awbade?"

'Uh..where's that?"
    Ember asked the disembodied NPC voice.
    "He lives accross the street from the Barracks. That way the random guardmares don't have far to walk." says the bouncer. He then violently bucks a patron out the door.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Uh, right." Tyrol put said hoof back on the ground, though he did wince a little as he spied another of his friends around by the corner. "Anyway, maybe we could go for lunch? Pretty sure we can try that Italian restaurant that opened off Main Street."
    Not quite picking up on Tyrol's sudden uncomfort (mostly because she told herself she'd deliberately ignore that), Staccata takes a few steps forward. "Well let's try this 'normal' thing everypony seems into then."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

There's something wrong with this town... She muttered before shaking herself. Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a sore throat. Songfighting tends to do that.

"What song was that anyway? It was...interesting,"
    He asked curiously, feeling okay knowing that Hay Bale was alright. Sure she annoyed him tons, but it wasn't like he wanted to see her get hurt, or be hurt. Not that he'd admit it, admit it.

[snip
    The store the fillies stand in front of is bleach white in every place that isn't glass. As the kelpie pushes open the door, door chime signals the white mare behind to counter to eerily swivel around to greet them. "Welcome to Apothecarolyn's Drug and Component store. How can I be of service."

If the mares move close, they would spot a pale green weanling foal licking a lollipop. His big black eyes seem to follow whoever glances at him in silence.

Lochbed obviously didn't see how creepy the hospital like store with the bank mare and silent child is. "Mercury and guano. 5 doses of each. Nontoxic mousebait. And a cup of acorns. Need anything Awbade?"
    It was admittedly creepy, the weanling that is. With their big soulless looking eyes following you. Yea.

"That's...an interesting..list of...whatever..."
    Aubade commented on the stuff Lochbed wanted. "Anyways, mmm, probably something to make my garden soil more richer and generally better for growing flowers and vegetables."

"He lives across the street from the Barracks. That way the random guardmares don't have far to walk." says the bouncer. He then violently bucks a patron out the door.
    Ember hid a small blush as his imagination filled in the blanks on the bouncer's response. But then it quickly changed to one of shock and surprise as the bouncer bucked a patron out the door.

"I..I...um..well thank you very much sir,"
    He nodded and quickly cantered away to the directions he was given.