New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] One Life to Pony: MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 8

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Not quite the request I was aiming for...but..uh thanks,"
    He said floating there as he laid his head on the bottom of a forehoof.
    ===
    ((... she did put him down :P))
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aubade would have questioned how the clerk knew her name, but Lochbed did say it aloud. Though it begged the question, how did the clerk know Lochbed's name to have it on their individual bags. The staring baby only added to the creepiness.

"I..uh..uhm..thank you again."

"Thank you. Come again." rasps the bleach white pony. The baby teleports beside her, still staring. Still taking exaggerated licks of his lollipop.

"I uh...got your magically sent letter...but a lot of it was unintelligible, so I wanted to ask you about that..."
    He said as his brain tried to wrap around what he just saw, in regards to the blurry images that cleaned up this mess in a flash.
    "Oh that. I found you a place to make that money." Grills puffed a ring of smoke in front of his face. He manipulated the smoke with his magic to from a shape of a pony. "This is Big Bruce. Bruce owns a little shop but he is no good with math. This information is not well known so none of the mobs have came to him. I don't want the Mob families to get a foothole in this town. You could invest in the business and serve as his accountant. Better than my hiring one and hoping the Mob doesn't corrupt him. I'm sure your private schooling means you are smart enough for this job, right."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

"You're a great singer, you know that?" Mystic insists.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Blushing.
    "I'm not THAT good."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Tyrol was studying the menu with all the interest of a horrified spectator. "I... didn't know there was such things like juice... soup. Comes in different flavours as well. Even has a burnt variety..."
    "I didn't know you..." Staccata kind of has her brain catch the dumb for a moment before the table's actual waitress shows up. Her head snaps towards something that might even be edible, the BLT (Buttercup-lettuce-tomato) sub soup.

"Would you like to hear our lunch specials?" the waitress asks with the kind of enthusiasm that tells one that they do not want the special.

"I'll just have the BLT soup with the bread on the side."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Blushing.
    "I'm not THAT good."

"Of course you are Dah'ling." Mystic says, nuzzling her a bit more."Do you like singing a lot? Is that a favorite thing of yours?" she asks.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Blush!
    "Mhm! That's why it's my name!"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Blush!
    "Mhm! That's why it's my name!"
    "Ah. I'm not sure why my parents named me what they did. I'm not particularly magical or particularly inspiration. More than anything I'm just weird. I had a Griffin girlfriend in school. They should have named me 'Absolutely Absurd' or something" Mystic says.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Giggles.
    "Shoulda named you Adorably Sweet!" sudden compliment!

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Yar past? But that's not happenin' any more, is it? Unless, of course, ya're from the future, but that time-stuff mostly is too much confusion for ponies to do." Blades laughed. "So what's happened that bothered ya? Hopefully ya'll get over it soon enough. It's not a pleasant thing to have, 'n it's not very interestin' with everypony around havin' dark 'n mysterious pasts that they get upset about."
    "Well I suppose not being alone with my um, antst...is that the word, antst? Is comforting in a way. But it's...really nothing to worry about. Not for anypony else, anyway. And I don't want to bore you if you've heard something similar too many times."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Giggles.
    "Shoulda named you Adorably Sweet!" sudden compliment!
    "Aww, thanks." she says, before asking a rather awkward question.

"So...umm...this might be a bad subject to bring up, but do you have any friends that are still alive?"

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Her eyes go a little wide.
    "...I have you?"

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Well I suppose not being alone with my um, antst...is that the word, antst? Is comforting in a way. But it's...really nothing to worry about. Not for anypony else, anyway. And I don't want to bore you if you've heard something similar too many times."
    "Well, if ya're sad anyway, ya might as well talk about why, 'cause it might help ya feel better, 'n it'll be better to have ya all unhappy for known reasons than unknown ones. Still, the past kind of isn't happenin' any more, so why worry too much about it?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    "I didn't know you..." Staccata kind of has her brain catch the dumb for a moment before the table's actual waitress shows up. Her head snaps towards something that might even be edible, the BLT (Buttercup-lettuce-tomato) sub soup.

"Would you like to hear our lunch specials?" the waitress asks with the kind of enthusiasm that tells one that they do not want the special.

"I'll just have the BLT soup with the bread on the side."
    After a few more seconds of frantically searching the menu for something familiar, Tyrol turned to the waiter. "Um... I'll have the Daisy-Lemon Special. Also with bread on the side."

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Her eyes go a little wide.
    "...I have you?"
    Mystic was, as you can imagine, not exactly ecstatic about this news.

"We're fairly close to a town called Bridle Shores. Would you please do me a favor, go visit there, and try to make some friends with ponies besides me sometime?" she asks her. As far as she's aware, there are no horribly objectionable ponies in Bridle Shores.

As far as she's aware. In the case of Soft Serve, she is not.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Mystic was, as you can imagine, not exactly ecstatic about this news.

"We're fairly close to a town called Bridle Shores. Would you please do me a favor, go visit there, and try to make some friends with ponies besides me sometime?" she asks her. As far as she's aware, there are no horribly objectionable ponies in Bridle Shores.

As far as she's aware. In the case of Soft Serve, she is not.
    Blink blink.
    "I guess I could? If you like?"

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Blink blink.
    "I guess I could? If you like?"
    "I would very much like it if you did that every once in a while." Mystic insists.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Thank you. Come again." rasps the bleach white pony. The baby teleports beside her, still staring. Still taking exaggerated licks of his lollipop.
    "Ueegh...." Aubade sounds looking at the baby as she puts her mushy doubled bag bag of stinky stink in her saddle bag which finds itself drooping down.

Babies. Gah.

"Oh that. I found you a place to make that money." Grills puffed a ring of smoke in front of his face. He manipulated the smoke with his magic to from a shape of a pony. "This is Big Bruce. Bruce owns a little shop but he is no good with math. This information is not well known so none of the mobs have came to him. I don't want the Mob families to get a foothole in this town. You could invest in the business and serve as his accountant. Better than my hiring one and hoping the Mob doesn't corrupt him. I'm sure your private schooling means you are smart enough for this job, right."

"O-of course, I mean, well, I got a lot of high marks,"
    He said with an unnecessary redness to his cheeks. "I uh...I see, Big Bruce.....that's kind of a weird name....anyhoof...right...what kind of little shop do they have? Just curious."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, if ya're sad anyway, ya might as well talk about why, 'cause it might help ya feel better, 'n it'll be better to have ya all unhappy for known reasons than unknown ones. Still, the past kind of isn't happenin' any more, so why worry too much about it?"
    "That...would be like trying to escape from an angry bear by trying to convince yourself it's not chasing you anymore. It um. Doesn't work out too well. But really, you dont have to worry yourself unnecessarily. It's my psychopath to deal with. Plus, it's just a mark. Maybe I'm just a...late bloomer. Like a summerset BlueBlossom."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That...would be like trying to escape from an angry bear by trying to convince yourself it's not chasing you anymore. It um. Doesn't work out too well. But really, you dont have to worry yourself unnecessarily. It's my psychopath to deal with. Plus, it's just a mark. Maybe I'm just a...late bloomer. Like a summerset BlueBlossom."
    Blades did her best to figure out what Arvadraa was saying from what little context she had. "So ya're sayin' that part of the past is still goin' on? That's weird. Is time goin' straight? Well, anyway, if ya're worried about somepony, I won't let 'em hurt ya. Nopony's goin' to be hurtin' ya if it's not me. As for the mark, ya just need to figure out what ya want to be doin'! Maybe ya don't have yar mark 'cause ya haven't got a chance to find it, but it'll come eventually. Just 'cause it hasn't shown up yet doesn't mean it never will... Say, ya want to hear how I got my mark? Maybe it'll help ya find yar own."

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    After a few more seconds of frantically searching the menu for something familiar, Tyrol turned to the waiter. "Um... I'll have the Daisy-Lemon Special. Also with bread on the side."
    The waitress trots off to deliver the order to the kitchen. Around them it appears as though most patrons accustomed to at least vaguely normal food seem confused as well. At least in all the confusion there doesn't seem to be that many ponies that find an off-duty guard and an armed mare in a cloak to be anything worth noting. Otherwise that would lead to comedic mishaps.

"So what are the chances our order doesn't turn into some disaster?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, though the eye roll wasn't necessary,"
    He said rolling his own eyes though he half smirked trying to be a little playful. He stretched his legs and took a look around his woodsy surroundings. He was starting to dislike them.
    The two headed back to town.

... Who would win in a fight, Batmare or Godzilla?

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The two headed back to town.

... Who would win in a fight, Batmare or Godzilla?

"That's not a random question,"
    He said raising his brow. "But I'll humor you." He then brought his hoof to his chin as if in thought.

"Neither, Ponyhulthu would break both their minds."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades did her best to figure out what Arvadraa was saying from what little context she had. "So ya're sayin' that part of the past is still goin' on? That's weird. Is time goin' straight? Well, anyway, if ya're worried about somepony, I won't let 'em hurt ya. Nopony's goin' to be hurtin' ya if it's not me. As for the mark, ya just need to figure out what ya want to be doin'! Maybe ya don't have yar mark 'cause ya haven't got a chance to find it, but it'll come eventually. Just 'cause it hasn't shown up yet doesn't mean it never will... Say, ya want to hear how I got my mark? Maybe it'll help ya find yar own."
    Obviously trying to use any excuse she can to get out of talking about her past, she nods. "I'd love to hear about how you got yours."

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Obviously trying to use any excuse she can to get out of talking about her past, she nods. "I'd love to hear about how you got yours."
    "All right!" Blades smiled. "So, I come from a little mountain town 'n a family of smiths. My mother 'n father would mostly work makin' tools for farmers, lumberjacks 'n miners to work with, but sometimes made weapons to protect the ponies around. Then, one day, a noblepony with a weird right hoof came to my father 'n asked him to make the greatest sword since Ex-" She paused to think for a moment. "Wait, I got that mixed up. Ignore that last thing.

"Anyway, my mother 'n father were some of the greatest smiths around, 'n when I was a little filly, I always used to watch 'em craft fine tools with their metal. They had a feelin' I'd take after 'em in the trade, but until that one day, they weren't sure I wasn't goin' to become a baker or something instead.

"Now, there was a nice strawbry field just a little ways out of town, past some farms, 'n I used to like to stop by it 'n pick strawbries to make into treats. But then one day, one of the farms I'd pass by got this big ol', mean ol' ram. He was so nasty, every time I'd try to go by, he'd go after me just 'cause he felt I was gettin' a little too close to his territry. He'd chase me away every time I wanted to go to that nice strawbry field!

"It wasn't long before I decided to do something about it. I went home, got my parents' tools 'n metals, 'n worked on makin' this!"
    Blades took out a sharp iron disk attached to a shaft in a way that allowed it to spin. "'N then I went down the way to the strawbry field again, 'n when I passed the farm, the ram went after me again, so I cut all his legs off!" She laughed long and loud. "Let me tell ya, that brute never kept me from my strawbries again!

"Then, when I got back, I saw my parents lookin' at my behind, so I looked too, 'n then I saw my mark! 'N from that day, we all knew I'd be a weaponsmith, 'n good at usin' the weapons I made, too."
    Now that she was done, she nodded to Arvadraa and waited for a response.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

"All right!" Blades smiled. "So, I come from a little mountain town 'n a family of smiths. My mother 'n father would mostly work makin' tools for farmers, lumberjacks 'n miners to work with, but sometimes made weapons to protect the ponies around. Then, one day, a noblepony with a weird right hoof came to my father 'n asked him to make the greatest sword since Ex-" She paused to think for a moment. "Wait, I got that mixed up. Ignore that last thing.

"Anyway, my mother 'n father were some of the greatest smiths around, 'n when I was a little filly, I always used to watch 'em craft fine tools with their metal. They had a feelin' I'd take after 'em in the trade, but until that one day, they weren't sure I wasn't goin' to become a baker or something instead.

"Now, there was a nice strawbry field just a little ways out of town, past some farms, 'n I used to like to stop by it 'n pick strawbries to make into treats. But then one day, one of the farms I'd pass by got this big ol', mean ol' ram. He was so nasty, every time I'd try to go by, he'd go after me just 'cause he felt I was gettin' a little too close to his territry. He'd chase me away every time I wanted to go to that nice strawbry field!

"It wasn't long before I decided to do something about it. I went home, got my parents' tools 'n metals, 'n worked on makin' this!"
    Blades took out a sharp iron disk attached to a shaft in a way that allowed it to spin. "'N then I went down the way to the strawbry field again, 'n when I passed the farm, the ram went after me again, so I cut all his legs off!" She laughed long and loud. "Let me tell ya, that brute never kept me from my strawbries again!

"Then, when I got back, I saw my parents lookin' at my behind, so I looked too, 'n then I saw my mark! 'N from that day, we all knew I'd be a weaponsmith, 'n good at usin' the weapons I made, too."
    Now that she was done, she nodded to Arvadraa and waited for a response.
    Her expression barely changes from attention at mention of the ram, save for a rather dry "Not much for diplomacy even back then, hm? I've...never really heard anypony else talk about theirs. I...it means a lot to me that you decided to share something so personal. I hope I can live up to that trust. And I...appreciate your offer to help prevent me being hurt but...I don't want you hurt, too if it comes to that. I think...I need to learn how to fight my own battles. But I don't think Horne will come looking for me anyways. I don't even know if he's still alive."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

"That's not a random question,"
    He said raising his brow. "But I'll humor you." He then brought his hoof to his chin as if in thought.

"Neither, Ponyhulthu would break both their minds."
    No self-respecting writer would make a complete cop-out like that. She teased. I'd say Batmare. She has plot armor.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Ueegh...." Aubade sounds looking at the baby as she puts her mushy doubled bag bag of stinky stink in her saddle bag which finds itself drooping down.

Babies. Gah.
    Lochbed takes her bag and places it on her head. The adhesive nature of her skin clings it to her and her magical glamour hides the bag with invisability. "Bye bye now." she says as she skips away.

Unfortunately, when Aubade attempts to do this, the baby will somehow be in front of her. He blocks her path. IF she steps left, so will he. The hold time the baby offers his spit covered candy to the older mane.

"O-of course, I mean, well, I got a lot of high marks,"
    He said with an unnecessary redness to his cheeks. "I uh...I see, Big Bruce.....that's kind of a weird name....anyhoof...right...what kind of little shop do they have? Just curious."
    Grills took a puff of his pipe. "Big Bruce does photography. Classy pictures. He also runs a clothing store atop the photo booth. Eveningwear. and underwear mostly. That's not a problem."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-03-04 at 12:19 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The waitress trots off to deliver the order to the kitchen. Around them it appears as though most patrons accustomed to at least vaguely normal food seem confused as well. At least in all the confusion there doesn't seem to be that many ponies that find an off-duty guard and an armed mare in a cloak to be anything worth noting. Otherwise that would lead to comedic mishaps.

"So what are the chances our order doesn't turn into some disaster?"
    Tyrol looked around the restaurant, and flinched a little when a nearby table's order blew up in the patron's face. "I say... slim to none," he said, deadpan. "If anything, this has the potential to turn out worse than Lemongrass' cookings."

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    No self-respecting writer would make a complete cop-out like that. She teased. I'd say Batmare. She has plot armor.

"Good thing I'm not a writer,'
    He cheekily grinned. "But yea, Batmare, I'd say she had plot armor, oh....indeed. Hottest comic book superhero."

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills took a puff of his pipe. "Big Bruce does photography. Classy pictures. He also runs a clothing store atop the photo booth. Eveningwear. and underwear mostly. That's not a problem."

"Oh, uh, well that sounds legit,"
    He said nodding, not being sarcastic at all. Its not like it was uncommon for stores to sell two unrelated things, why not, two unrelated services.