New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Mangastream's J-Preview says that Bleach is on break this week along with Toriko. I guess we'll just have to enjoy Naruto and One Piece.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

ive just started watching this and ive got some questions

How come the little kid got told no one grows up in the Soul society and his friend/brother had been dead for decades and was still a kid but people are seen to grow up and die there as well.

Also did anyone actually die in the Soul society arc as people seemed to be killed only to show up with a handwave later, it seems abit strange that nobody died in the first 72 episode (how far i'm up to) who wasnt a hollow despite getting cut to peices

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Also did anyone actually die in the Soul society arc as people seemed to be killed only to show up with a handwave later, it seems abit strange that nobody died in the first 72 episode (how far i'm up to) who wasnt a hollow despite getting cut to peices
    Only bad guys die in Bleach. And even then it takes a lot of effort to get them to die.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thats abit of a shame this renji guy is annoying me with his refusal to just die and yet still get mortally wounded in every fight.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

ive just started watching this and ive got some questions

How come the little kid got told no one grows up in the Soul society and his friend/brother had been dead for decades and was still a kid but people are seen to grow up and die there as well.
    People age very slowly in the SS. For instance Rukia (who is young) has been there for well over 100 years. Yamamoto has been around for over 2,000 years.

6. - Top - End - #366

OrcBarbarianGuy

Thats abit of a shame this renji guy is annoying me with his refusal to just die and yet still get mortally wounded in every fight.
    Yeah. That feeling is not going to go away. At all. Ever.

Except when Ulquiorra shows up and does his thing, for like 5 minutes, and then you're back to "whaaaaaaaaaaaaa??"

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    People age very slowly in the SS. For instance Rukia (who is young) has been there for well over 100 years. Yamamoto has been around for over 2,000 years.
    Rukia is at least 150 years old as of the 1st chapter (she tells Ichigo she is at least 10 times older than him, or something along the lines of that, andf Ichigo is 15 at the start of the series)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Does it ever become a plot point what happens to people who die in the SS like the blind captains friend?
    Also Rukias brother is a member of a clan so i presume that means that people can be born in the SS as well, since it seems quite strange that all the souls never speak of what they did while alive.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Firbolg in the Playground

Does it ever become a plot point what happens to people who die in the SS like the blind captains friend?
    Also Rukias brother is a member of a clan so i presume that means that people can be born in the SS as well, since it seems quite strange that all the souls never speak of what they did while alive.
    I wondered about the whole reproduction thing. I'm a big Ichigo x Rukia fan (eh, kinda), but... can that work?

I also wondered about the aging. They definitely age, given Rukia was a kid and now she's an adult, but do they die of old age at some point?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kind of.

Spoiler
    Show
    We end up knowing the gist of how she died, but she's only super important in how she motivates the blind guy.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Kind of.

Spoiler
    Show
    We end up knowing the gist of how she died, but she's only super important in how she motivates the blind guy.
    She was more of an example than a direct question, since people who die go to the SS but where do the people who die in the SS go?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

She was more of an example than a direct question, since people who die go to the SS but where do the people who die in the SS go?
    Assuming they didn't get eaten by Hollows or something similar? They go back to the living world. It's a cycle.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So someone is born dies stays in the form they die in while in the SS (except people who died of old age perhaps), is born again in the standard world the goes though the cycle as many times, but some people dont seem to have memories of when they where alive or at least dont talk about it.
    Presumably new souls are also created to account for population increase.
    And somehow they have noble houses in the SS.

Seems abit strange to me

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Assuming they didn't get eaten by Hollows or something similar? They go back to the living world. It's a cycle.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but where is this coming from?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but where is this coming from?
    it was explicitly stated that quincy screw with the reincarnation cycle. complete with an hour glass with 2 liquids trading places.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, one would think that souls living a long time in SS, like Yamamoto would be just as upsetting to the balance, since they aren't really cycling back and forth. *shrug* Don't look to hard for details in Bleach, you'll only make yourself sad.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Balance does not only mean going back and forth between the SS and the living world but also the balance between the worlds in terms of souls. Numbers in the LW balanced by the numbers in the SS.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Balance does not only mean going back and forth between the SS and the living world but also the balance between the worlds in terms of souls. Numbers in the LW balanced by the numbers in the SS.
    Right, but if the world has 6-7 billion souls headed to SS in the next century, but most people in SS live for centuries...where are the replenishing souls coming from? If it isn't a closed loop then how would destroying some souls (frankly a pitiful number) disrupt the cosmic balance?

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Right, but if the world has 6-7 billion souls headed to SS in the next century, but most people in SS live for centuries...where are the replenishing souls coming from? If it isn't a closed loop then how would destroying some souls (frankly a pitiful number) disrupt the cosmic balance?
    theres also hollowfication. the "death" of a single hollow can mean an influx of hordes of souls.

the space between the worlds is also subject to weird time rules. if souls spent any significant time there it could explain a lot.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #380

OldWizardGuy

New chapter.

Damn, things are picking up the pace in this one

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

On new chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

Nelliel shows up.
    Harribel is alive, and is captured.

The impossible happens
    Spoiler
    Show

Chōjirō is dead.

Last edited by sentaku; 2012-03-21 at 07:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

All signs are definitely pointing to Kubo being serious about this being the last arc of Bleach. And that is good.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, interesting

Spoiler
    Show
    Nel's back! How does Harribel's capture get the bad guys arrancar? Is she a hostage? Or is she just a symbol of them conquering Hueco Mundo?

Holy crap, does this mean the possibility of a temporary Hollow-Shinigami alliance?

And the butler died. Couldn't even expire on-screen, poor guy.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Banned

So they are Arrancar. Had no idea Quincy were so brutal.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Some clearly are. But not all of them are of course. And I didn't think that a certain familiar face would show up that quickly.

26. - Top - End - #386

Does anyone know how death works in Soul Society? That's got me really confused.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Not really, as far as I remember Death in SS was never explored except a few parts where they show people dying in it (Tousen's friend and Hitsugaya's grandmother)

New Chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

It was interesting to a degree; but the fact they could capture Harribel (which I thought was dead) in Resurección is weird, even though there is a clear power creep she was the 3rd Espada and she was the only (?) espada that wasn't defeated by shinigami or their allies, so it seems weird to me.

Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

How you can spot a villainous mastermind in Bleach...

• Kills off loyal, competent lieutenants for doing their jobs because he can? Check.
    • Basically trolls his enemies instead of forming some sort of strategy? Check.
    • Has kidnapped a hottie from the Bleach universe? Check.
    • Complete lack of any logic? Check.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    Well, the backstory is that Quincy originally consisted of those who lost loved ones to Hollows and learned to fight back. It is understandable that they would hate Hollows, and I don't think Arrancar are an exception, although apparently they are fine with using them to fight a war against Soul Society.

30. - Top - End - #390

Anyone hear about Bleach (the anime) being canceled? Oh, that'd make me sad.

Also, I noticed that the bad guys only die after showing their bankai. I assume Aizen's going to come back and show his bankai.

Lastly, I'd only be content if this is the final arc if we get to see everyone's bankai. Yamamoto's gotta have a baddonkey one. I'd like to see Kyouraku's too, in particular... oh wait, he has to be careful to do it where people can't see.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ