New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    or maybe they do have to sacrifice their powers and this guy is just willing to go that far since ichigo is one of the uber-elites of SS.

wait, that can't be it. it would be smart and logical.
    Assuming the thing Ishida did to get his powers back is repeatable perhaps the idea is that they use it when facing major threats like Ichigo or the Captains and then duck out of the war until they can get their powers back.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I wouldn't call something that guarantees your side will lose one of their higher level fighters for a result you had a chance of achieving without sacrifice smart or logical.

Especially given that doing so would make you both expendable and working for a guy who kills his underlings for barely-existant reasons.
    Last edited by Gilphon; 2012-05-04 at 02:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gilphon View Post
    I wouldn't call something that guarantees your side will lose one of their higher level fighters for a result you had a chance of achieving without sacrifice smart or logical.

Especially given that doing so would make you both expendable and working for a guy who kills his underlings for barely-existant reasons.
    I'm still not clear on whether that was general policy, or only Arrancar are treated that way? Regardless if sacrificing your powers allows you to defeat much stronger enemies like how Ishida took out Mayuri then it could still be worth it, especially if you would die otherwise.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-05-04 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Grammar

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gilphon View Post

i get the impression that's an anti-hollow sentiment.

regardless, seeing how ichigo is physically grabbing this guys arrows, and that he's the first enemy team ichigo is encountering, it's safe to assume this mook is outclassed.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

It's just refreshing to see Ichigo using his sans-sword capabilities again.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Spamalot in the Playground

Good to see the Fullbring nonsense did serve SOME purpose. (i.e. causing Ichigo to drastically outlevel this idiot.)

Urahara and Pesche? SNL, eat your heart out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Good to see the Fullbring nonsense did serve SOME purpose. (i.e. causing Ichigo to drastically outlevel this idiot.)

Urahara and Pesche? SNL, eat your heart out.
    We don't yet know the full implication of Fullbring, so I wouldn't call it nonsense. When the second Turn Back the Pendulum arc begins, we should get a lot of information about who Ginjou was, how he went from a Substitute Shinigami to a Fullbringer and what Fullbring actually is. It's kind of obvious that the current explanations don't fit.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

8. - Top - End - #698
    Banned

Wait, Rukia is a vice-captain now?! In which division?

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    Wait, Rukia is a vice-captain now?! In which division?
    The 13th, I believe.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    We don't yet know the full implication of Fullbring, so I wouldn't call it nonsense. When the second Turn Back the Pendulum arc begins, we should get a lot of information about who Ginjou was, how he went from a Substitute Shinigami to a Fullbringer and what Fullbring actually is. It's kind of obvious that the current explanations don't fit.
    True. Especially since the explanation we were given was that you get Fullbring by having your mother attacked by a Hollow when you're in the womb, which we know didn't happen with Ichigo.

I just assumed it was piggybacking off of his own Hollow abilities--which I'm not even sure he still has.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    True. Especially since the explanation we were given was that you get Fullbring by having your mother attacked by a Hollow when you're in the womb, which we know didn't happen with Ichigo.

I just assumed it was piggybacking off of his own Hollow abilities--which I'm not even sure he still has.
    How do we know that? We know that she didn't die from the attack if there was one, but people survive hollow attacks: look at Chad. Or Orihime.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

i think contact with high spiritual powers is what causes powers to show up in otherwise normal people.

full-bringers just figured out a way to use outside power sources to supplement their strength that they can only access from things they have a strong connection with.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-05-08 at 12:45 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

There are some clues that his Hollow powers are still intact. For one his Soul Reaper form is a lot in common with his Fullbring (look at the arms) which is Hollow based. Also his Bankai was able to withstand a trap designed to destroy/disable a Bankai. Which would indicate that Ichigo is still rather different than a normal Soul Reaper. Rukia states that Ginjo was only able to steal a *small* part of Ichigo's power that was fused with his Fullbring. By now I expect Ichigo has recovered whatever power that was stolen.

I expect to see a really interesting Hollowification out of Ichigo when the right time comes. Not a mask. At the very least something like a helmet or maybe even a partial suit of armor.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    How do we know that? We know that she didn't die from the attack if there was one, but people survive hollow attacks: look at Chad. Or Orihime.
    When was she attacked then?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    There are some clues that his Hollow powers are still intact. For one his Soul Reaper form is a lot in common with his Fullbring (look at the arms) which is Hollow based. Also his Bankai was able to withstand a trap designed to destroy/disable a Bankai. Which would indicate that Ichigo is still rather different than a normal Soul Reaper. Rukia states that Ginjo was only able to steal a *small* part of Ichigo's power that was fused with his Fullbring. By now I expect Ichigo has recovered whatever power that was stolen.

I expect to see a really interesting Hollowification out of Ichigo when the right time comes. Not a mask. At the very least something like a helmet or maybe even a partial suit of armor.
    But the Deicide arc heavily implied that Zangetsu and Shirosaki no longer exist as separate entities.
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2012-05-08 at 08:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

But the Deicide arc heavily implied that Zangetsu and Shirosaki no longer exist as separate entities.
    If they ever even were...

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    If they ever even were...
    I'm trying to remember if either of them ever gave any evidence of them being anything else other than the wild/controlled (hollow/shinigami) sides of Ichigo's personality. I do remember his inner hollow at one point saying that he was essentially another side to Zangetsu. So I agree they never really were to seperate entities.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

When was she attacked then?
    Umm...going by the rules of Fullbringing, some time after conception, but before birth. That's about a 9 month window, and unless you have some hidden information, we know jack about it.
    Satomi by Elagune

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

New chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well that was interesting. Looks like this guys should have stomped harder on his foes. Now lets see what he does against Allon (sp?) and Ichigo. Sloppy work dude.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    New chapter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well that was interesting. Looks like this guys should have stomped harder on his foes. Now lets see what he does against Allon (sp?) and Ichigo. Sloppy work dude.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Buwhahahahahaha! AYON! Let's see what Mr. Quincy can do against that abomination that took on Yamamoto and took more then a few hits to die. Not to mention the fact it seemed to actually hurt him...how strong is Ayon? Cause it's range is 'curb-stomp several lieutenants' to 'lose to Yamamoto'....Aizen fell in that range for crikies sake!
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2012-05-09 at 12:44 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Buwhahahahahaha! AYON! Let's see what Mr. Quincy can do against that abomination that took on Yamamoto and took more then a few hits to die. Not to mention the fact it seemed to actually hurt him...how strong is Ayon? Cause it's range is 'curb-stomp several lieutenants' to 'lose to Yamamoto'....Aizen fell in that range for crikies sake!
    Spoiler
    Show
    All we know is that it's supposed to be stupidly strong. I can't wait.

And this is one of the most surprising, and pleasing, twists I've seen from Bleach in a long time. Those three were shown as powerful, and it's nice to see them get back up and stick it to the arrogant Quincy.

Also looking forward to hearing from Ishida...and his father!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Makes me so happy! Yay giant evil monster!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The best part was Ichigo saying how it's for the best Ishida didn't have this power, because if he had "such a sad excuse for a costume, he'd have to cut him down out of principle".
    Funny, and it shows the dynamic Ichigo and Ishida have.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Uh-oh guys. He stood up to Ichigo's shikai. Looks like we're dealing with a badass here.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

You guys are all crazy. That thing is going to get destroyed in 1 shot.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey look its that monster from last season. Wasn't it destroyed by Yamato? I don't remember because it was so long ago and not very memorable
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey look its that monster from last season. Wasn't it destroyed by Yamato? I don't remember because it was so long ago and not very memorable
    Spoiler
    Show
    since it's created from those 3 arrancar, they can probably recreate it so long as they have the necessary power.
    and maybe it was just the anime version, but i thought he was cool
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

27. - Top - End - #717
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

One thing I'm curious about: I assume Ichigo isn't on the same power level he was when he attained the Final Getsuga Tenshou. But what is his currently power level? It seems as if he's a lot stronger than "baseline" Ichigo from the Hueco Mundo arc (that is, using Bankai but not his Vizard powers), but is he as strong as he was when using his full range of abilities (Bankai + Hollow mask)? Stronger?

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    You guys are all crazy. That thing is going to get destroyed in 1 shot.
    Very possibly. But consider that it effortless wasted it's opponents until Old Man Yama himself destroyed it. We have no real idea how strong it is.

That said, it doesn't matter how well it does (to me at least). The important thing is that the Fraccion were not completely dead and are still willing and able to fight.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    One thing I'm curious about: I assume Ichigo isn't on the same power level he was when he attained the Final Getsuga Tenshou. But what is his currently power level? It seems as if he's a lot stronger than "baseline" Ichigo from the Hueco Mundo arc (that is, using Bankai but not his Vizard powers), but is he as strong as he was when using his full range of abilities (Bankai + Hollow mask)? Stronger?
    Below Final Getsuga or Full Hollow, above Bankai+Vizard would be my guess.

Uh-oh guys. He stood up to Ichigo's shikai. Looks like we're dealing with a badass here.
    Hahahaha
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-05-09 at 04:25 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

nice one

although, we know that while Ichigo's bankai straight up increses hiw powerlevel, it doesn't add something unique, so why yes, it is acutally doable to stand up to Ichigo's Bankai since it basically means standing up to Ichigo with a little more effort... *runs from the revolting mobs*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin