New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    I will stop reading Bleach if that happens.
    You'll be stopping reading Bleach anyway Kubo cuts it when this arc is over because it is the final arc.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I predict that Ichigo defeats the Vandereich after the Gotei 13 are destroyed, and then unites all three factions through Nell, the one guy who used to be in this comic Ishida, and himself. Everyone will be better off that way, since all four groups will have a leader they can trust in Ichigo.

And then he will become spirit king or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #813
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    And if the Gotei 13 doesn't fall, what then? Ichigo wipes out the Quincy presence in Hueco Mundo, the Shinigami takes out Buckbeard and his Stern Ritter and everyone lives happily ever after?

That would be terrible.
    This. For absent god's sake lets have some captain deaths.

Prediction - this big bad will go after Aizen (to eat/absorb and become immortal.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah right, Spirit King.

We better see him during this final arc, especially since he's such a big deal
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This. For absent god's sake lets have some captain deaths.

Prediction - this big bad will go after Aizen (to eat/absorb and become immortal.)
    But only we've made sure to actually see their bankais.

In all honesty, I hope we don't get a bunch of character deaths this arc. They wouldn't have any impact at this point in the storyline, it'd just be a completely pointless way to prove that these new guys are NO REALLY UBER-AWESOME!

IMO the climax of Bleach already happened with Aizen getting defeated and Ichigo losing his powers. Other than getting to see the remaining unsaid Bankais there's really nothing more to be gained from the series, even if they do try to go into detail about this Spirit King or even hell.

Maybe Kubo can screw up finish Zombie Powder after this instead. ((Yes, I know that won't happen.))

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Looks like we are going to in the SS for awhile until the battles are done.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2012-06-06 at 08:01 AM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Looks like we are going to in the SS for awhile until the battles are done.
    And suprisingly (after may be 2 chapters worth of action) he has already shown too much of this battle for my tastes. Unless he intends to have another silly SS victory.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Spamalot in the Playground

The worst part is that Quincy all have the same abilities, don't they? It's not like Arrancar with their different animal motifs or even Fullbringers/Bount with their quirky toys. The particle absorption and final form crap is stuff they can all do; how many varieties of bow and arrow can he really pull out of his posterior to keep the battles interesting?

Unless he starts giving them swords (and face it, he will, lore be damned ) I just don't see how these fights will be interesting.

So glad Fairy Tail is carrying the torch for awesome shonen right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    The worst part is that Quincy all have the same abilities, don't they? It's not like Arrancar with their different animal motifs or even Fullbringers/Bount with their quirky toys. The particle absorption and final form crap is stuff they can all do; how many varieties of bow and arrow can he really pull out of his posterior to keep the battles interesting?

Unless he starts giving them swords (and face it, he will, lore be damned ) I just don't see how these fights will be interesting.
    They all seem to have different styles at least. I wish Kubo would have just cut to Ichigo's fight and later had the rag tag remains (assuming they lose) of the SS show up later. But I doubt thats going to happen.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

Reading newest chapter I realized that I'm so apathetic about Bleach that I think the happiest even remotely possible ending I could have would be for it the end with every, and I mean every, Soul Reaper dead with the a single sound being heard from the victorious Quincy....

Spoiler
    Show
    TROLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLO!

Sadly that won't happen. I doubt anyone with a name will actually die except these boring hax powered Quincies. What do you think would happen if we went back in time five or six years and told people Bount filler arc would be more interesting then how the whole manga ends?

11. - Top - End - #821
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New chapter. But no-one cares.

Also, suggestion for the name of next Bleach thread: Bleach VI: Well that was a waste of time part II (Quincy? What's that?)
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-06-13 at 06:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh hey the captains actually thought of something smart. Too bad they based it on the wrong facts.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    New chapter. But no-one cares.

Also, suggestion for the name of next Bleach thread: Bleach VI: Well that was a waste of time part II (Quincy? What's that?)
    I care!

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you notice how Hitsugaya's Bankai no longer has the floating flowers? Seems Kubo was being honest when he said Hitsugaya mastered his Bankai over the timeskip.

It's becoming more and more one-sided, though, this fight. Stealing Bankai thematically fits how the Quincy work, but if they actually use those Bankai... That's a huge boost to their reiatsu on top of giving them the Bankai's abilities as well. How can you beat someone with a weapon five to ten times stronger than what you've got?

Komamura is the only one who might pull through - and even then that's only because his Bankai transfers the damage dealt to it to the wielder as well.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Reading newest chapter I realized that I'm so apathetic about Bleach that I think the happiest even remotely possible ending I could have would be for it the end with every, and I mean every, Soul Reaper dead with the a single sound being heard from the victorious Quincy....

Spoiler
    Show
    TROLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLO!

Sadly that won't happen. I doubt anyone with a name will actually die except these boring hax powered Quincies. What do you think would happen if we went back in time five or six years and told people Bount filler arc would be more interesting then how the whole manga ends?
    What are you talking about? The whole manga ended when Aizen was beaten, remember? There's no such thing as Fullbring or competent Quincies. Still not nearly as good as the Rukia Rescue arc though.

The rest of this is just non-canon filler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, if only Tsukishima could've used his hax rewrite power to make Bleach good again.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    I care!

Spoiler
    Show
    Did you notice how Hitsugaya's Bankai no longer has the floating flowers? Seems Kubo was being honest when he said Hitsugaya mastered his Bankai over the timeskip.

It's becoming more and more one-sided, though, this fight. Stealing Bankai thematically fits how the Quincy work, but if they actually use those Bankai... That's a huge boost to their reiatsu on top of giving them the Bankai's abilities as well. How can you beat someone with a weapon five to ten times stronger than what you've got?

Komamura is the only one who might pull through - and even then that's only because his Bankai transfers the damage dealt to it to the wielder as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

The vizards still have there hollow abilities, though I don't think any of them had there Bankai taken yet.
    Last edited by sentaku; 2012-06-13 at 08:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    COOL!
    If they steal bankais then surely we will get to see Sasakibe's and everyone else's abilities in use. Right?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The look on Byakuya's face is priceless. But I wonder how the Bankai stealer works. Isn't the bankai the "final form" of the Zanpakuto or something? If they can steal the bankai couldn't they just steal the whole sword while they were at it (maybe they did!)
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Troll in the Playground

My guess is they just absorb a shinigami's reiatsu through their bankai. But since Ichigo already lost his power and got it back it's more strongly tied to him. Or to put it another way: By the end of this arc the gotei 13 will have mastered fullbrings.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    I would call that mulling it over. In a more serial comic though you definitely need to script ahead.
    No, "mulling it over" happens BEFORE you put things to paper/computer screen. Revision happens AFTERWARDS.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    My guess is they just absorb a shinigami's reiatsu through their bankai. But since Ichigo already lost his power and got it back it's more strongly tied to him. Or to put it another way: By the end of this arc the gotei 13 will have mastered fullbrings.
    Could also be that Ichigo's is so tightly packed that it's harder to drain. Like drinking a really thick milkshake through a straw.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

I just realized - this whole bankai-stealing thing makes Kenpachi the most dangerous captain going right now. He's straight-up fought his fellow captains' bankai and won before, and he doesn't have one to steal.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

And oddly he have not seen Kenpachi so far.

I think I have a clue on how the Bankai stealing thing works. When you call forth a Bankai you bring the sprit of the sword fully from the inner world into the outside world. Also at this point it is almost seperate from the Soul Reaper (this is what creates the huge effects we see). In Ichigo's case his Bankai is concentrated on himself (as others have mentioned) so there is no seperation or a very limited one. Remember way back when Byakuya complained that Ichigo's Bankai was the opposite of what a proper one should be?

These guys CAN be beaten though. The SS just has to figure out how to do it.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    These guys CAN be beaten though. The SS just has to figure out how to do it.
    These guys have done their homework on the SS, and everything they have seems to be a direct counter to standard tactics from the SS. I'd like to see them react to stuff like Shunko, or Kido onslaught.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I just want to point out that of the bankais taken, two have been abused nearly every arc, canon or filler, to the point where they're cliche, and the other two are actually pretty bad in the handicaps they give. In fact all four have been shown to have specific weaknesses.

So if the UberQuincy end up using the bankai against SS, they might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

A shame Kira had to get taken out so early. If only Shikais are available, his is one of the best.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

What remains to be seen is whether the quincy are restricted to stealing one bankai each, or whether they can steal more...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I just realized - this whole bankai-stealing thing makes Kenpachi the most dangerous captain going right now. He's straight-up fought his fellow captains' bankai and won before, and he doesn't have one to steal.
    Clearly they'll still BOTH of his arms

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    What remains to be seen is whether the quincy are restricted to stealing one bankai each, or whether they can steal more...
    Bankai stealing is related to those weird talismans they carry. And given the change they probably can only steal 1 bankai per talisman, but it would be down right stupid to only give each soldier 1 one so likely more than 1 per person.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Troll in the Playground

Bankai stealing is related to those weird talismans they carry. And given the change they probably can only steal 1 bankai per talisman, but it would be down right stupid to only give each soldier 1 one so likely more than 1 per person.
    Maybe there is a reason each can only use one?

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

These guys have done their homework on the SS, and everything they have seems to be a direct counter to standard tactics from the SS. I'd like to see them react to stuff like Shunko, or Kido onslaught.
    Probably have some counters to those as well. The SS will need out of the box thinking to win. We saw Byakuya doing a little earlier in this battle (surprise!). Time in the land of the living might have expanded some of the officers minds a little? I really don't think the SS will win this round or will take very heavy losses if they do win.

There is question that I don't think has been asked though. Where have the Quincy been getting there information? They seem to have too much info to have gotten it from watching from a distance. Is there an inside man?

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

If Uryu was not helping the quincies, I would be MORE shocked...
    Spoiler
    Show