New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Or he forgot to carry the 1.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Since he really didn't appear to be that strong I subscribe to the idea that the rankings weren't accurate and just assigned by Aizen to suit his own ends.
    They were just assigned by the amount of reiatsu, which Yammy could vary on. Chances are he probably got weaker as the fight went on. Furthermore, just having a lot of reiatsu isn't the same as being able to effectively use it... so yeah.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Looks like we will not be getting any Bleach for a few weeks. Seems that Mr Kubo has gotten very sick and will need a lot of time to recover.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Looks like we will not be getting any Bleach for a few weeks. Seems that Mr Kubo has gotten very sick and will need a lot of time to recover.
    link for details?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    link for details?
    Sorry, my bad. http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/80730430/1
    Great title though.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Get well, Kubo. We can do without for a few weeks even though it will be hard.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well that's too bad. Thankfully, we still have Tsukishima, who pretty much plotted out the SS Arc.

What a guy.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Because Captain Mom's Bankai is going to rez them.
    We have no idea what Unohana's bankai is though...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's offensive, not defensive. People are scared of her for a reason, and I doubt it's because she can bring people back from the dead.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    We have no idea what Unohana's bankai is though...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's offensive, not defensive. People are scared of her for a reason, and I doubt it's because she can bring people back from the dead.
    Its the mantaray thing she used during the SS arc. We know it at least has some ability to heal but beyond that nothing.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Its the mantaray thing she used during the SS arc. We know it at least has some ability to heal but beyond that nothing.
    That was confirmed as a shikai somewhere outside the manga I believe.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maybe that's just the illusion Aizen wanted us to believe...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-01 at 03:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Maybe that's just the illusion Aizen wanted us to believe...
    What gave you the impression I hadn't already finished the story?

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

maybe it's vampiric. that would be pretty awesome.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    What gave you the impression I hadn't already finished the story?
    Because you don't have enough money to drown yet?

15. - Top - End - #975

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    It's been speculated that it works like Hanataro's, but with no limit. So every injury that thing has ever swallowed, it could then vomit up, causing the enemy to experience 3,472 broken bones, 67 collapsed lungs, 9,488 gallons of blood loss, etc.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    It's been speculated that it works like Hanataro's, but with no limit. So every injury that thing has ever swallowed, it could then vomit up, causing the enemy to experience 3,472 broken bones, 67 collapsed lungs, 9,488 gallons of blood loss, etc.
    Egad. Considering her age and prominence as a healer, that would make her incredibly powerful.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hopeful if thats the case she doesn't have to drop it all on one person. Because even by Bleach's no one dies standards with the Shinigami injury rate that would be overkill.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Firbolg in the Playground

That would do nothing, since this is shounen. People never die from flesh wounds, so even an infinite number of flesh wounds wouldn't kill someone.

Unless she has a resurrection power.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2012-08-03 at 08:05 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    That would do nothing, since this is shounen. People never die from flesh wounds, so even an infinite number of flesh wounds wouldn't kill someone.

Unless she has a resurrection power.
    She might, but either way I don't think over 9000 gallons of blood loss can be considered a flesh wound. Not unless Kubo is secretly a pseudonym for a British comedy troupe, which wouldn't surprise me that much.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'd love if she brought all the dead back as super zombies. Sort of a, if she can't save everyone, the more people you've killed the worse it gets for you thing.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

In the Databooks Unohana has 100 Offense, 100 Kido/Reiatsu, and 90 Strength. Just saying.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

In the Databooks Unohana has 100 Offense, 100 Kido/Reiatsu, and 90 Strength. Just saying.
    So, she grabs her whale by the tail, and starts to smack you around with it when she gets pissed?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So, she grabs her whale by the tail, and starts to smack you around with it when she gets pissed?
    Nope. She scares you so much that you pick up the whale and hit yourself rather than have her do it.

She IS listed as a Nice One you don't want to get mad under anime.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

She has not done anything yet though, so it's all speculation.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah, there we go. New chapter, away!

Kenpachi is, as always, amusingly psychotic. His casual little explanation of how he pretty much went through three Sternritter at once is now one of my favorite scenes in the manga. And hey, Kubo's getting better at the whole 'not showing every meaningless side fight' thing.

Also, Yammamoto to the rescue. And I can't help but be amused by the fact that the solitary Sternritter is not only confident to be going one on one against the Soutaicho, he's actually pleased about it. My Quincy friend, I don't care what your name is, you do not know the meaning of overkill. Not yet.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Kenpachi is as always, is Kenpachi. But I have noticed a change this time around. He is going for the kill right off. In the past he has always done the blood knight thing and went for a big huge fight. Not this time. Has it sunk into even his head that this is a VERY bad situation? (Still has the eyepatch on though)

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Kenpachi is as always, is Kenpachi. But I have noticed a change this time around. He is going for the kill right off. In the past he has always done the blood knight thing and went for a big huge fight. Not this time. Has it sunk into even his head that this is a VERY bad situation? (Still has the eyepatch on though)
    Spoiler
    Show
    seeing how he butchered 3 of them, im getting the impression he just doesn't find them interesting enough.
    this whole situation really is hugely in his favor. he has no bankai to take, he doesnt use kido, and he has the raw power to bludgeon through the armor skin thing.
    if it cant be fun, may as well be fast, right?
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    seeing how he butchered 3 of them, im getting the impression he just doesn't find them interesting enough.
    this whole situation really is hugely in his favor. he has no bankai to take, he doesnt use kido, and he has the raw power to bludgeon through the armor skin thing.
    if it cant be fun, may as well be fast, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe. I don't know. Funny how the one calls Kenpachi a monster after what he has been seen doing.
    And what is up with Ichigo? Building to a new form? The last thing you want to do is make Ichigo angry and he is REALLY angry right now. Something tells me that there is going to be something that comes out of left field in this story.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ettin in the Playground

You guys are not understanding Kenpachi's MO (modus operandi...a person's way of doing things or their style.)

Spoiler
    Show

Kenpachi only savor's the moment when he is fighting the strongest one of the group. He is purposefully being quick and fast with these quincy for the three quincy he fought so far were not the leader. That is why he asked if Buckbeard was the leader. Kenpachi always tries to attack the strongest and he goes after the strongest.

1) During the soul society arc when Ichigo and friend invaded soul society, Ichigo and friends were called the term Ryoka. Kenpachi purposefully tries to hunt down the strongest Ryoka (Ichigo) the one who survived an encounter with Gin (a captain) and defeated his third seat and thus this Ryoka must be strong.
    2) He defeats Tesra (Nnotira's, the 5th espada, fracción) with a single blow
    3) In the Fullbring arch Kenpachi tries to switch with Byakuya so he can fight Tsukishima who Kenpachi thinks is the strongest Fullbring. When he can't fight Tsukishima he finishes Giriko in a single blow saying it boring to fight small fry.

Thus if you are not the strongest or the leader you are small fry and are boring to Kenpachi. If you are the leader and you are strong and force Kenpachi to actually get serious to Kenpachi you are GOD for you are the bringer of his joy.

As soon as Kenpachi is confident he will win he will lose interest in you for actually killing is not the fun part but instead the fight and the challenge is where he gains his enjoyment.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    You guys are not understanding Kenpachi's MO (modus operandi...a person's way of doing things or their style.)

Spoiler
    Show

Kenpachi only savor's the moment when he is fighting the strongest one of the group. He is purposefully being quick and fast with these quincy for the three quincy he fought so far were not the leader. That is why he asked if Buckbeard was the leader. Kenpachi always tries to attack the strongest and he goes after the strongest.

1) During the soul society arc when Ichigo and friend invaded soul society, Ichigo and friends were called the term Ryoka. Kenpachi purposefully tries to hunt down the strongest Ryoka (Ichigo) the one who survived an encounter with Gin (a captain) and defeated his third seat and thus this Ryoka must be strong.
    2) He defeats Tesra (Nnotira's, the 5th espada, fracción) with a single blow
    3) In the Fullbring arch Kenpachi tries to switch with Byakuya so he can fight Tsukishima who Kenpachi thinks is the strongest Fullbring. When he can't fight Tsukishima he finishes Giriko in a single blow saying it boring to fight small fry.

Thus if you are not the strongest or the leader you are small fry and are boring to Kenpachi. If you are the leader and you are strong and force Kenpachi to actually get serious to Kenpachi you are GOD for you are the bringer of his joy.

As soon as Kenpachi is confident he will win he will lose interest in you for actually killing is not the fun part but instead the fight and the challenge is where he gains his enjoyment.
    That's it exactly.