New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

*sees spoilers*

*reads newest edition*

You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The problem for me is that Kenpachi has occupied a seat of such memetic badassery in my heart, that I'd call BS even if he was clearly being overpowered.

Because his philosophy of "swing harder" is just too elegant in its simplicity to not work all the time.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

I would think that when fighting enemies who rely on the idea of "let's steal their bankai", Kenpachi would be more effective than anyone else.

So yeah, I call bull****.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I would think that when fighting enemies who rely on the idea of "let's steal their bankai", Kenpachi would be more effective than anyone else.

In all fairness, we don't know to what degree Buckbeard relies on that particular gimmick. It might very well be that he out-powered Kenpachi. I mean he does look like the bastard offspring of Kenpachi and Zangetsu anyway.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I mean he does look like the bastard offspring of Kenpachi and Zangetsu anyway.
    ...I think Ichigo might just turn out to be 1/64 or something Quincy after all...

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post

He soloed three of the Sternritter. The *entire rest of Soul Society* has taken out 1, and that was just done by the Captain Commander, who is probably the only character Kenpachi might willingly admit is stronger than Kenpachi himself. That looks like being more effective than everybody else to me.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

What do you think the chances are this latest fatality will stick? I swear, if the 2 best characters in Bleach are now dead, I might finally have my motivation to quit....

On the other hand, now I'm motivated just to see what happens to them. Damn it!
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    What do you think the chances are this latest fatality will stick? I swear, if the 2 best characters in Bleach are now dead, I might finally have my motivation to quit....

I kinda am interested in who will survive this arc to be honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Kenpachi is not dead yet. Badly hurt, but not dead. If he was dead he would have disintigrated (no body).

As for BuckBeard there, the last page makes it clear that he is very old (Over 1000, years). And as you get older you become more powerful.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    ...I think Ichigo might just turn out to be 1/64 or something Quincy after all...
    I don't think so. But think for a moment about how a Fullbring works. You can manipulate spiritual energy connected to an object in the world of the living. What would that power be able to in a realm made up totaly of spirit energy? Quincies manipulate natural spirit enegy from the envivonment. Seems there is some level of simularity there. Just an idea.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Kenpachi is not dead yet. Badly hurt, but not dead. If he was dead he would have disintigrated (no body).
    Dunno, Aizen's "ccorpse" didn't disintegrate and it still fooled every waaaay back in the SS arc. So wether shinigami disintegrate on death seems to be bit shaky.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

If people are this stressed by Zaraki getting beaten, I wonder how they'll react when Juha kills Yamamoto.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    If people are this stressed by Zaraki getting beaten, I wonder how they'll react when Juha kills Yamamoto.
    Depends on whether or not it's on-screen or not.

Ooh, maybe that's the big bad's power! He can instantly defeat anyone, but only offscreen.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

Ooh, maybe that's the big bad's power! He can instantly defeat anyone, but only offscreen.
    I wonder if this is more or less broken than Sukishima and Aizen's abilities...

15. - Top - End - #1065

I wonder if this is more or less broken than Sukishima and Aizen's abilities...
    Since when were you under the impression that I couldn't kill you offscreen?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post

...That is an awesome power and I dearly want it to be true.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Question: The bad guy's power, the ability to kill people when off screen... as in, when -we- can't see him.

Does this make him some variant of Weeping Angel?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Barbarian in the Playground

New chapter is out and,
    Spoiler
    Show
    WTF?!?! Yamamoto using Bankai?!?!? This seems Epic™ at first, but then you remember that THESE QUINCIES %@#$ING STEAL BANKAI!!! One can wonder if it will stick considering it is the Head Captain, which might be evidenced with them not being able to steal Ichigo's bankai, especially since Yamamoto's seems to be a concentrated one, just like Ichigo's.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2012-09-05 at 03:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well... Holy ****.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incoming Bankai, apparently. And my word, Yamamoto is laying on with the horrific massacres. That's, what, four Sternritter he's one-shotted now?

Still. Two possible theories on why he's willingly calling out the Bankai despite knowing it might get stolen. Firstly, his ability is something that will annihilate the enemy too damn quickly for them to move or draw those fancy amulets of theirs.

A second possibility is that Yamamoto's Bankai is straight up too wild and powerful to be contained in a crude thing like those medallions. Might be a theory as to why Ichigo's Bankai couldn't be taken - he's always had a ridiculous amount of strength, even without the training and experience to make proper use of it. One imagines those amulets might just be incapable of holding so much power.

And, ah, Kyoraku, still providing some of my favorite dialogue.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

What did he just do? And WHY!

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post

What did he just do? And WHY!
    He opened the proverbial can of whoop-ass on all those uppity youngsters, and confirmed the truth that he is, in fact, the biggest badass in three worlds.

And as for why.... He was getting tired of all the disrespect. A man can only tolerate so much, after all
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Well... Holy ****.

Spoiler
    Show
    Incoming Bankai, apparently. And my word, Yamamoto is laying on with the horrific massacres. That's, what, four Sternritter he's one-shotted now?

Still. Two possible theories on why he's willingly calling out the Bankai despite knowing it might get stolen. Firstly, his ability is something that will annihilate the enemy too damn quickly for them to move or draw those fancy amulets of theirs.

A second possibility is that Yamamoto's Bankai is straight up too wild and powerful to be contained in a crude thing like those medallions. Might be a theory as to why Ichigo's Bankai couldn't be taken - he's always had a ridiculous amount of strength, even without the training and experience to make proper use of it. One imagines those amulets might just be incapable of holding so much power.

Spoiler
    Show
    My bet is his Bankai being so incredibly destructive and difficult to control that anyone stealing it is likelier to kill themselves by misusing it than hurt the Old Man.
    Truth resists simplicity.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bet is his Bankai being so incredibly destructive and difficult to control that anyone stealing it is likelier to kill themselves by misusing it than hurt the Old Man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, he's luring them into one hell of a trap.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well... Holy ****.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, he's luring them into one hell of a trap.
    Oh the delicious possiblilities!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    With that reasoning, I'm thinking Kyoraku should release his bankai, cause if it's like his shikai, he'd still be the one using it effectively and/or with little drawback, whether or not it get's stolen.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2012-09-05 at 06:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I notice that no one else has died yet. I disbelieve that the new boss enemy is a Weeping Angel.

Also, can you guys smell the burning flesh?

26. - Top - End - #1076

Spoiler
    Show

I still vastly prefer this theory:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quincy get their power from residual spiritual particles in the air. A Bankai unleashes a Shinigami's power and makes it go all over the place. Those Quincy amulets don't seem to be able to capture Shikai, so it must be something about the released nature of the Bankai they can capture. They also can't take Ichigo's Bankai. The other thing that's weird about Ichigo's Bankai, as stated when it first appears, is that its too small. Ichigo's Bankai concentrates his power while other ones expand it.

The dialogue makes it clear that when the Old Man unleashes his Bankai, all the flame's disappear. Ichigo also had a pretty big Aura in the Soul Society arc before he got Bankai. The name 'long sword of the remaining flame' also suggests that his Bankai isn't about being more powerful than his Shikai.

Quincy get more powerful in the face of great spiritual power. I doubt the answer for Ichigo's bankai's immunity to be stolen is going to be 'because its so powerful'. Especially not when it just hasn't been shown to be a powerful bankai at all.

Which is basically the same thing the guy who posted above you was saying.

I am a little disappointed that

Spoiler
    Show
    the whole 'a quincy only uses bow and arrows' thing is going down the drain. Unless Juha Bach isn't a Quincy. His age makes him not seem like a Quincy.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Another possibility is that his Bankai is similar to Ichigo's (a concentration of energy rather than creating a huge effect) and maybe can't be stolen.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Skeleton - Hmm, an interesting theory. Still, one way or another, this should be rather impressive.

Actually, given that Yamamoto is willing to use it in the middle of the Seireitei would probably suggest that his power is of a more controlled sort, rather than the previous speculation of rampant destructive power...

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    I am a little disappointed that

Spoiler
    Show
    the whole 'a quincy only uses bow and arrows' thing is going down the drain. Unless Juha Bach isn't a Quincy. His age makes him not seem like a Quincy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking along those same lines in some respects. Bach is over 1,000 years old, but Quincy are supposed to be humans, and they age and die like other people. So either these guys are not really human Quincys or they are DEAD Quincys. But when they died they didn't to the Soul Society, but someplace else.

30. - Top - End - #1080

OldWizardGuy

Damn those 'kanas. I read scan in which the buckbeard was Yuhabaha and come to this thread wondering who is this Juha Bach fellow and what does he do.