New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

MnM2e or 3e would work for Bleach, it works for just about anything. Bankai and Shikai is simply raising your character to another PL for a short period of time.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    MnM2e or 3e would work for Bleach, it works for just about anything. Bankai and Shikai is simply raising your character to another PL for a short period of time.
    I don't remember, PL is like a cap on your abilities right? In HERO you can model Shikai/Bankai/Hollow Mask/Resurreccion/etc. by building the appropriate powers and applying some limitations, such as Focus (you need your Zanpakuto), Duration (you can only use it for so long), Endurance (it tires you), possibly others. For anyone unfamiliar with HERO limitations are modifiers that make a power weaker in some way but also make it cost less character points.

Alternatively, they could be applications of the Aid power with the Self-Only limitation (Aid is a power that increases your stats) along with some powers that are linked to the Aid (that is, can only be used when the Aid is active).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I don't remember, PL is like a cap on your abilities right? In HERO you can model Shikai/Bankai/Hollow Mask/Resurreccion/etc. by building the appropriate powers and applying some limitations, such as Focus (you need your Zanpakuto), Duration (you can only use it for so long), Endurance (it tires you), possibly others. For anyone unfamiliar with HERO limitations are modifiers that make a power weaker in some way but also make it cost less character points.

Alternatively, they could be applications of the Aid power with the Self-Only limitation (Aid is a power that increases your stats) along with some powers that are linked to the Aid (that is, can only be used when the Aid is active).
    This HERO system sounds quite interesting. How might one go about finding the rules?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    This HERO system sounds quite interesting. How might one go about finding the rules?
    You mean purchase? The latest edition is 6th, and can be found here; unfortunately I don't think there is a free "preview" of the rules as with GURPS Lite. If you are referring to less than legal means, we can't discuss that here, but it wouldn't be that hard to find.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, hero system would totally work, rather well when it comes down to it. At least, the edition I have would. Not sure how much they've changed, but I have...5th, I think? And it would totally work.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Yeah, hero system would totally work, rather well when it comes down to it. At least, the edition I have would. Not sure how much they've changed, but I have...5th, I think? And it would totally work.
    5th and 6th are pretty close, from the HERO Games website:
    Q: What are the major differences between the 5th Edition and the 6th Edition?
    A: The fundamentals of the game - the type of dice used and how they're used, Character Points, the SPD Chart, and so on - haven't changed. The two "biggest" changes in most gamers' eyes are (a) the elimination of the "hex" (everything's just measured in meters now, making the game easier to learn and play), and (b) the "decoupling" of Figured Characteristics (PD, ED, SPD, and the like all still exist, but they don't derive from the "Primary" Characteristics at all). But beyond that there are lots of minor tweaks to costs and values, changes to several Powers, new Powers and Power Modifiers, and so on.
    Both could be used for Bleach. In fact, if anyone wants to start a forum game I'd be willing to play.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

I decided to stat out Ichigo in HERO System 6th Edition just to see how it would work, and then I decided to post the results here. Note that I stated him as he was before Final Getsuga. By and large the only difficult thing was Bankai/Hollowfication. There are many ways to simulate those, so for Bankai I settled on a variant of Only in Alternate Identity while for Hollowfication I chose to use Multiform (explanation in a bit). Without further ado, HERO System Ichigo:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ichigo Kurosaki

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes
    20 STR 10 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]
    18 DEX 16 13-
    18 CON 8 13-
    13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-
    13 EGO 3 12-
    10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6
    7 OCV 20
    7 DCV 20
    3 OMCV 0
    3 DMCV 0
    4 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12/2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12
    7 PD 5 7/22 PD (0/15 rPD)
    7 ED 5 7/22 ED (0/15 rED)
    12 REC 8
    60 END 8
    20 BODY 10
    50 STUN 15

Movement Cost Meters Notes
    RUNNING 0 12m/24m END [1]
    SWIMMING 0 4m/8m END [1]
    LEAPING 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

TELEPORTATION 24m/48m

Characteristics Total: 151

Cost Powers
    45 Reiatsu: Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED) - END=0
    11 Detect Reiryoku: Detect A Class Of Things 17- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1) - END=0
    19 Shunpo: Teleportation 24m (24 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) - END=2
    29 Zangetsu: Multipower, 59-point reserve, (59 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1) - END=
    1f 1) Zangetsu: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6+1 w/STR) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 7) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6+1 w/STR) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) - END=2
    3f 2) Getsuga Tensho: (Total: 59 Active Cost, 29 Real Cost) Blast 7d6, Area Of Effect No Range (32m Line; Crescent Blast; +1/4) (44 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 22) plus Blast 2d6+1, Area Of Effect No Range (32m Line; Crescent Blast; +1/4) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) - END=5
    18 Tensa Zangetsu: +4 SPD (40 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) - END=
    80 Hollowfication: Multiform (400 Character Points in the most expensive form), Reversion (+0) - END=0

Powers Total: 206

Cost Martial Arts
    4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
    4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
    4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike
    1 Weapon Element: Blades, Empty Hand

Martial Arts Total: 13

Cost Skills
    30 +6 with Martial Arts

Skills Total: 30

Value Complications
    15 Dependent NPC: Rukia Very Frequently (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC)
    15 Dependent NPC: Orihime Very Frequently, Slightly Less Powerful than the PC
    15 Dependent NPC: Nel Tu Very Frequently, Slightly Less Powerful than the PC
    5 Accidental Change: Using Bankai or Hollowification 8-, Very Common, 1 Turn between rolls
    10 Distinctive Features: Orange Hair Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
    15 Psychological Complication: Code of Honor (goes out of his way to fight fairly, seeks karmic punishment for his foes, helps those in need) Very Common, Moderate

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
    Experience: 0
    Experience Unspent: 0
    Total Character Cost: 400

Now for some design notes and an explanation of what all this means:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters in Hero are built on Character Points, which you use to purchase everything from strength to computer hacking skills to magical powers. I chose to build Ichigo is built on 400 points, which is the standard for a Super Hero game. There are 5 categories of abilities you can buy with points, Characteristics, Skills, Perks, Talents, and Powers. Characteristics are base stats everyone has but to different degrees, like Strength or Dexterity. They are roughly equivalent to D&D Ability Scores, but include a few more things. Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, and Intelligence are very similar to the D&D Abilities of the same name, while Ego and Presence are close to Wisdom and Charisma Respectively. OCV and DVC stand for Offensive Combat Value and Defensive Combat Value, and are how good you are at hitting/defending against attacks, essentially Base Attack Bonus and Armor Class. OMCV and DMCV are the psychic versions of OCV and DCV and irrelevant to Ichigo. To understand Speed you need to understand the Turn and Phase system. A Phase is very similar to a D&D Turn, in a Phase you can take either one Full Phase Action or Two Half Phase Actions as well as any number of Zero Phase Actions. The big difference is that there are 12 phases in a 12 second turn, and your speed determines how many phases you can act in. You start with a speed of two, which gives you two six second phases just like D&D, and especially in low powered games many GMs will just limit you to that, but with higher speed you can act more often, which simulates well many high powered Super Powered and Magical characters. PD and ED are Physical Defense and Energy Defense, and subtract damage from attacks of the appropriate nature, kind of like Damage Reduction, except more of a necessity. End or Endurance is your ability to keep acting, most actions reduce your Endurance and you can't act if you don't have any. Because it adds bookkeeping some GMs eliminate it. Recovery is how fast your END and Stun Recover. There are two types of damage in HERO, Stun and Body. Most attacks do some of both, more Stun than Body. When you lose all your Stun you are unconscious, all your Body and you die. Finally, Running, Swimming, and Leaping is how fast you can move in a phase; confusingly to new players they are less important than Speed in determining how fast you move in an absolute sense.

Skills are just that, skills that a normal person can have but require training. I couldn't actually think of any skills Ichigo has except Martial Arts, so I gave him 3 Martial Maneuvers: Block, Dodge, and Strike, which as the names suggest make him better at doing those 3 things. Normally Martial Arts works with Unarmed Combat unless you specifically practice a weapon based Martial Art like Escrima or Kenjutsu, so I bought Weapon Element: Blades to let Ichigo use his abilities both Unarmed and with Zangetsu. I also gave him Combat Skill Levels, which can be assigned on the fly to increase OCV, DCV, or Damage, but only when using those Martial Maneuvers (there are different ways to buy CSLs, including letting them be used with all attacks).

Perks are exactly what they sound like, benefits unrelated to the abilities of the character, such as their position in an organization, useful contacts, followers, licenses for restricted items, etc. I can't think of anything for Ichigo except for Shinigami Representative, but I don't see that as being worth points since I don't see how it benefits Ichigo.

Talents are like D&D feats, they are abilities that are beyond the ordinary, and thus not Skills, but realistic and not supernatural, and thus not Powers. Examples include Ambidexterity, Eidetic Memory, and Combat Sense (ability to fight in the dark). I didn't give Ichigo any of these either.

Powers are the heart of HERO System. They are a very versatile way to build any number of abilities using the point system. Typically Powers represent supernatural abilities, such as Super Powers, Magic, or Psychic Powers, but they can be used to represent mundane abilities if you so choose. This is where I built Ichigo's Shinigami powers. Reiatsu represents his resistance to attacks using the Resistant Protection Power, which gives protection against lethal attacks (non-resistant protection, such as that bought as a characteristic, only defends against non-lethal damage). Detect Reiryoku is his ability to detect other spiritual beings, how it's built isn't terribly important. Shunpo is built as a form of Teleportation, with the limitation that you still technically move through the intervening space, so for example you couldn't use it to move through a wall or to escape a grapple. Note that Teleportation works just like regular movement in HERO unless you change that, so you can easily use Shunpo and attack in the same turn. Zangetsu and Getsuga Tensho are just attacks. Note that they are both "Partially Limited". That is, most of their effect is always available, but their full power is only usable in Bankai. For Bankai I just applied the Only Usable in Alternate Identity Limitation and renamed it Bankai. This Limitation means that the power can only be used in certain conditions which take at least a Full Phase to activate. As the name implies it is often used for Super Heroes who can only use their abilities in their Alternate Identity, but it also works well to represent Shikai/Bankai. I should also mention OAF, this is short for "Obvious Accessible Focus" which meas that the power is reliant upon an item that can be taken away. Ichigo's Speed also doubles when using Bankai. Finally Multiform is used to represent Hollowfication. A separate character sheet has his Hollow Stats, which appear below:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ichigo Kurosaki

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes
    20 STR 10 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]
    18 DEX 16 13-
    18 CON 8 13-
    13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-
    13 EGO 3 12-
    10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6
    7 OCV 20
    7 DCV 20
    3 OMCV 0
    3 DMCV 0
    6 SPD 40 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12/2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
    7 PD 5 7/25 PD (0/18 rPD)
    7 ED 5 7/25 ED (0/18 rED)
    24 REC 20
    100 END 16
    30 BODY 20
    60 STUN 20

Movement Cost Meters Notes
    RUNNING 0 12m/24m END [1]
    SWIMMING 0 4m/8m END [1]
    LEAPING 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

TELEPORTATION 36m/72m

Characteristics Total: 206

Cost Powers
    54 Reiatsu: Resistant Protection (18 PD/18 ED) - END=0
    11 Detect Reiryoku: Detect A Class Of Things 17- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1) - END=0
    29 Sonido: Teleportation 36m (36 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) - END=4
    34 Zangetsu: Multipower, 69-point reserve, (69 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1) - END=
    2f 1) Zangetsu: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 12) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6+1 w/STR) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) - END=3
    3f 2) Getsuga Tensho: (Total: 69 Active Cost, 34 Real Cost) Blast 8 1/2d6, Area Of Effect No Range (32m Line; Crescent Blast; +1/4) (54 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 27) plus Blast 2d6+1, Area Of Effect No Range (32m Line; Crescent Blast; +1/4) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7) - END=6
    18 Tensa Zangetsu: +4 SPD (40 Active Points); OAF (-1), Bankai (-1/4) - END=

Powers Total: 151

Cost Martial Arts
    4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
    4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
    4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike
    1 Weapon Element: Blades, Empty Hand

Martial Arts Total: 13

Cost Skills
    30 +6 with Martial Arts

Skills Total: 30

Value Complications
    15 Dependent NPC: Rukia Very Frequently (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC)
    15 Dependent NPC: Orihime Very Frequently, Slightly Less Powerful than the PC
    15 Dependent NPC: Nel Tu Very Frequently, Slightly Less Powerful than the PC
    5 Accidental Change: Using Bankai or Hollowification 8-, Very Common, 1 Turn between rolls
    10 Distinctive Features: Orange Hair Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
    15 Psychological Complication: Code of Honor (goes out of his way to fight fairly, seeks karmic punishment for his foes, helps those in need) Very Common, Moderate

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400
    Experience: 0
    Experience Unspent: 0
    Total Character Cost: 400

The only difference is some improved abilities.

Finally there are Complications. In HERO every character is required to have some Complications that weaken their character or else they get less Character Points. A 400 point character typically needs 75 points worth of Complications. This serves several purposes, including creating adventure hooks, making characters more well rounded, and generally making the game more interesting. Unfortunately these are hard to do for Ichigo. I gave him a Psychological Complication to represent his Chronic Hero Syndrome, a few Dependent NPCs, that is characters they have to go around rescuing, a small chance for Hollow Ichigo to take over when he uses Bankai or Hollowfication, and Distinctive Features for his orange hair, which nobody else in the Bleachverse has. It isn't perfect, I could probably have got more mileage out of Psychological Complications, but I never intended to put that much work into this.

Alright, there it is. It isn't perfect, but it was a quick and dirty conversion. Generally conversions are harder than making your own character anyways. Hope somebody found that interesting .

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

I did. It really makes me want to run a Hero game in the Bleach verse, though there are just so many questions to answer before I could really do it.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

I did. It really makes me want to run a Hero game in the Bleach verse, though there are just so many questions to answer before I could really do it.
    What kind of questions do you have? I'll help if I can.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Less with regards to how to do stuff with the rules(though those may pop up as well), but with issues deciding what the plot should be, when it's taking place. Who from the Series is going to be active, and who isn't.
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Less with regards to how to do stuff with the rules(though those may pop up as well), but with issues deciding what the plot should be, when it's taking place. Who from the Series is going to be active, and who isn't.
    If it were me, I'd go with a parallel universe with completely new characters but largely the same setting. Otherwise you'd have to deal with the PCs knowing things they should't, not to mention it is easier to devise your own plot than to decide how to diverge from the main one. You could have expies or parallel universe versions of characters if you wanted.

Alternatively, set it in the distant past. You'd still have a couple of the older characters and some ancestors of some of the characters but you'd have much more freedom. Also I think Feudal Japan would be more fun than Modern Japan if you did a lot of real world adventuring, unless you went for an Urban Fantasy style I guess. If you wanted to deviate from the source material you could include additional supernatural beings like Kitsune, Neko-mata, and Oni.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

For examples, you can look at this game I started, or the older freeform Bleach games in these boards. It's bound to give you some ideas.

EDIT: Also, Nekomata, Kitsune and Oni don't need deviations from canon creatures, as all of them can be Shinigami or Hollows themed after such mythological creatures.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2012-02-01 at 07:36 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground

Apparently, Shonen Jump has had small snippets and interviews with Kubo for material throughout the 3 week hiatus, about the state of things as they are now in the story, and hints on what the next arc is going to be like and hints to what it will contain. I wont go into specifics, but you can read up on it here. As of this post, only weeks 1 and 2 have been printed, but week 3 will probably be out within the next day or two.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

the entire affair makes me want to hurt him.

setting aside that arrancar as allies makes no sense (except for nel). his attitude annoys me to no end.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-02-02 at 06:06 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    the entire affair makes me want to hurt him.

setting aside that arrancar as allies makes no sense (except for nel). his attitude annoys me to no end.
    Well, he did only say the likelyhood of certain arrancars reapearing still doesn't make it certain, and Nel is the only one he really dwelled on that fact, though Grimmjow is also a candidate, so hopefully he doesn't troll this time.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Things I like about the interview:

Apparently, Unohana will actually fight with her zanpakuto at some point.

Renji's bankai has changed in some way.

Shunsui will finally go bankai.

Based on the interview, I think that Stark, Harribel, Nel, Nnoitra, Grimmjow, and Zommari are somehow alive. Stark, Nnoitra, and Zommari are stated as "extremely unlikely" to reappear, not just given a blank where the other arrancar are dead. Harribel is an "unlikely" and Nel and Grimmjow are "very likely."

Things I don't like:

Apparently the last arc was supposed to be about Chad.

... what?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    snip

... what?
    o... k...

Weel for one thing, he did explain how Chad's (and Orihime's) powers work, but htis looks almost liek tharc Chad starred in least...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

And she will "unravel her braid".
    ...What? A bloke can't think she's a mite attractive?

Hahahahahayes!

Sorry, he's one of my favorite characters.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Things I don't like:

... what?
    well it sort of was. he figured out the source of his power (though how his skin has a different soul from the rest of him...), the whole arc is dependent on him making the connection with the fullbringers, etc.

shunsui's bankai (im sucha LoL addict i wrote ult the first time around ) is some reality warping thing im sure.
    ukitake's is the one i want to see.
    that and yamamoto
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-02-02 at 10:09 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Things I like about the interview:

Renji's bankai has changed in some way.

Based on the interview, I think that Stark, Harribel, Nel, Nnoitra, Grimmjow, and Zommari are somehow alive. Stark, Nnoitra, and Zommari are stated as "extremely unlikely" to reappear, not just given a blank where the other arrancar are dead. Harribel is an "unlikely" and Nel and Grimmjow are "very likely."

Things I don't like:

... what?
    I think those were just guesses from the editor.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nel wasn't put in a "no way she could survive that" situation in her last appearance AFAIK, and Grimmjow is too much fangirlbait to stay down.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    And she will "unravel her braid".
    ...What? A bloke can't think she's a mite attractive?
    I like her braid...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Couldn't some of them re-appear in Hell or something? Like those other 2 did.
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm one of those losers who doesn't read the manga but rather enjoys the anime when convenient. What I'd like to know from you manga readers is this: Which Ichigo has come back? Is it the determined one who doesn't care about the odds? Or is it the godly powerful one who is paralyzed by fear and doubt? The first one is the guy that made this story interesting, and for years now I've only really seen him in the filler arcs the anime adds.

If he's back to his original "I want to win!" self, then this whole death-and-return-of-super-Ichigo thing might just be worth it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I'm one of those losers who doesn't read the manga but rather enjoys the anime when convenient. What I'd like to know from you manga readers is this: Which Ichigo has come back? Is it the determined one who doesn't care about the odds? Or is it the godly powerful one who is paralyzed by fear and doubt? The first one is the guy that made this story interesting, and for years now I've only really seen him in the filler arcs the anime adds.

If he's back to his original "I want to win!" self, then this whole death-and-return-of-super-Ichigo thing might just be worth it.
    Judging from his curbstomp battle with Kuugo, I'd say "determined and godly powerful." Pretty much exactly as he was right after learning Mugetsu. He definitely didn't break a sweat, and the captains were so assured of his victory they didn't even hang around to watch.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-02-03 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, now that Ichigo has his sword back he's regained the balls he lost with his powers.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Yeah, now that Ichigo has his sword back he's regained the balls he lost with his powers.
    Well put.
    Truth resists simplicity.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Some would say he never had any in the first place.

I'm putting my bet right now that Ichigo's mom was related in some way to one of the captains.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Some would say he never had any in the first place.

I'm putting my bet right now that Ichigo's mom was related in some way to one of the captains.
    See, now all I can think of is Shunsui as a pervy uncle, Ukitake as the uncle who gives you way too many christmas presents and remembers all your birthdays, Unohana as the aunt who always brings the good homemade stuff to Thanksgiving, and Yamamoto as the grandfather who will glare at you very hard if you don't start using a coaster this very minute young man.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground

See, now all I can think of is Shunsui as a pervy uncle, Ukitake as the uncle who gives you way too many christmas presents and remembers all your birthdays, Unohana as the aunt who always brings the good homemade stuff to Thanksgiving, and Yamamoto as the grandfather who will glare at you very hard if you don't start using a coaster this very minute young man.
    I want to watch/read this far more than I want to watch/read Bleach. Because that sounds awesome and hilarious.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

30. - Top - End - #120
    Spamalot in the Playground

If this is any indication, Ukitake is the pervy uncle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)