New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    As a side note, I agree that the Aizen twist was a great reveal. However, Bleach died the moment said villain started to monologue. I forget if the hair slick was before, or after, the expeditionary speech of his...
    The stern face was after he stabbed his own vice captain. Suddenly mister lovable dad is a monster.

His glasses crumbling to dust and his hair going all gel and shiny (aka he looks like superman not clark kent) happens after he finished monologuing and was escaping to hueco mundo. After gelling his hair, he then tells Ukitake (Rukia's captain) that he will fill the unbearable void in heaven.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2012-09-25 at 09:36 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    The stern face was after he stabbed his own vice captain. Suddenly mister lovable dad is a monster.

His glasses crumbling to dust and his hair going all gel and shiny (aka he looks like superman not clark kent) happens after he finished monologuing and was escaping to hueco mundo. After gelling his hair, he then tells Ukitake (Rukia's captain) that he will fill the unbearable void in heaven.
    Which was one of the most awesome moments in anime. Really, until a little ways after that Bleach was my favorite manga (of those I was reading at the time I mean, not of all time). I thought it was amazing. And then it went to hell.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-09-25 at 01:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

We can discus whether or not Aizen is awesome, but let us have some tea first.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Also, I bet you Mayuri is off somwhere, doing something sinister. I wouldn't even discount the possibility of him being the one to backstab Yamamoto.
    If he will I doubt it's going to be about this. He accused Yama-dharma of being unable to kill Mozart Bach in the past, so killing Yama is kind of… off. He might be evil, but not random evulz.
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    If he will I doubt it's going to be about this. He accused Yama-dharma of being unable to kill Mozart Bach in the past, so killing Yama is kind of… off. He might be evil, but not random evulz.
    This is MAYURI we're talking about. You can't discount him being random for what seems to be "the evuls"

Also, did we ever find out what that stuff was he found in Heuco Mundo?

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Tenno Seremel View Post
    Yeah. While a nasty piece of work, Mayuri seems very loyal to the SS.

We never did find out what he got in Heuco Mundo. Might be that we do find out in this arc though.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post

We never did find out what he got in Heuco Mundo. Might be that we do find out in this arc though.
    Assuming Kubo remembers something that happened to a side character.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Assuming Kubo remembers something that happened to a side character.
    Like Chad?
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    Like Chad?
    Chad and Ishida: "Main" characters.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Chad and Ishida: "Main" characters.
    Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing Ishida in this arc...
    Last edited by Battleship789; 2012-09-25 at 05:32 PM.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

11. - Top - End - #1271

Ishida DOES actually appear in this arc. He was part of the guys who ate Orohime's bread at the start of this. And that's it, far as I can recall.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post

I think those bodies may have been mentioned in the Light Novelas that came out recently.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post

Yeah. That is the exact moment when Bleach started its downward spiral into increasing levels of depressingly bad.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

New one up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like the old man took out Bach. Or did he? Last page hints that Bach sent someone else in his place. I don't think old man Yama could be faked out unless he never met the *real* Bach.

15. - Top - End - #1275

OldWizardGuy

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well I'll be! Juha pulled old switcharoo! Does anyone want to bet if he's the blond sternritter standing nearby? Also, Yamamoto explaining why some Bankai's can't be stolen, and saying that Ichigo's can still evolve. Now isn't that just going to be most OP thing ever?

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    But why would he send a dupe though? Is the real Bach sneaking doing sneaky things while Yama was distracted, or was he just trying to expose Yama's full bankai?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

new chapter...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just hate the fact that we still haven't seen the dualwielder bankais as was promised to us... for the rest North seems to be a finishing move? Kind of a letdown at this point...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    But why would he send a dupe though? Is the real Bach sneaking doing sneaky things while Yama was distracted, or was he just trying to expose Yama's full bankai?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that Yama never met the real Bach and he has been staying in the background. Both your possible reaons can work

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    new chapter...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just hate the fact that we still haven't seen the dualwielder bankais as was promised to us... for the rest North seems to be a finishing move? Kind of a letdown at this point...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The arc is FAR from over as the last page shows.

19. - Top - End - #1279

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It would appear the good captain commander has been hoodwinked. What a tweest!

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing that the real Juha Bach sent a double so that Old Man Yama would be forced to go all out. I'm betting he won't be able to go full power again with it. Either that or Bach's been watching and analyzing so he could actually steal Yama's Bankai this time.

Of course that still begs the question on how the impostor was able to beat Kenpachi without a scratch.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing that the real Juha Bach sent a double so that Old Man Yama would be forced to go all out. I'm betting he won't be able to go full power again with it. Either that or Bach's been watching and analyzing so he could actually steal Yama's Bankai this time.

Of course that still begs the question on how the impostor was able to beat Kenpachi without a scratch.
    The imposter still had to be insanely strong so that he wouldnt faint in the presence of Commander Genocide, and he needet to make him use the full power of his Bankai as well, so the imposter was proberly drawn from among the best men Bach had availeble.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

So now the real Bach fully understands Yamamoto's bankai, and can theoretically steal it. Unless he's been keeping "Zanka no Tachi: Center" in reserve...

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ettin in the Playground

Center? Hah! Next, he'll whip out Zanka no Tachi: South by Southwest: everyone must partake in a musical number BECAUSE FIRE!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Zanka no Taichi: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right A B Start.

Gives him all the powers of Ichigo, Aizen, and Tsukishima combined (any maybe some other guys too) except made of fire.

25. - Top - End - #1285

I'd just like to note that, to anyone reading this series from like, this or last chapter on, Genryusai looks like the villian.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'd just like to note that, to anyone reading this series from like, this or last chapter on, Genryusai looks like the villian.
    Wait... isn't the black haired guy the hero? Man... I had this whole mange wrong the whole time
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Orc in the Playground

North can still be something more than a finishing move, it's just his opponent died right there and we don't get to see anything else that could happen if he survived.
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    well since the manga has gone to lengths to ensure we understood SS was at least somewhat corrupt, it doesn't surprise me.
    i find it refreshing that not all the good guys have "good" powers.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Zanka no Taichi: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right A B Start.

Gives him all the powers of Ichigo, Aizen, and Tsukishima combined (any maybe some other guys too) except made of fire.
    Except it's B A.

Also, Yamamoto looks like he himself has taken quite a hit from his own power... again.

Also also, Renji might also be immune to Bankai theft, since he got his Bankai roughly around the same time Ichigo did. Being a secondary character, though, it's not likely he's got enough growth left to be immune.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2012-09-26 at 12:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Center? Hah! Next, he'll whip out Zanka no Tachi: South by Southwest: everyone must partake in a musical number BECAUSE FIRE!
    I don't know about you, but if a man wielding the power to reduce creation to ash pointed his flaming katana of death at me and ordered me to dance... I'd dance

That said, I am pleasantly surprised to see Yamamoto winning that fight. I mean, I know I said it earlier, but I still sort of doubted it would happen without a dramatic reversal or something.

Also, white-haired guy is the real boss. Repeating my claim, and calling it for the next chapter.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.