Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [OOC] Malachei's Red Hand of Doom

Actually, to be able to distribute the items more or less equally, we'll need to know what the rest of the treasure looks like.

Dead sorcerer dude, I'm looking at you!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought it was a given but we want to be on the southside, right? As to destroying it, we have mountain hammer x2, it won't take long
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    I thought it was a given but we want to be on the southside, right? As to destroying it, we have mountain hammer x2, it won't take long
    Mountain Hammers + Strike of Might should be able to crunch through it, but that's only if it isn't extremely thick, which it might be. Aria can donate +10 damage a turn for at least 10-11 more turns, though she'll get a bit inconsistent towards the end.

If it is thick, well, we have a Druid. We just wait overnight and then let the nature-mage do horrible things to the stone bridge.
    LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    We want to be on the south side if our next step is walking back to Drellin's (sp?) Ferry. But if we find something in this camp that leads us on to something else - maybe to take out advance scouts of the approaching horde, or signs of some other side spur of the army that we could harry - it might make sense to keep going north.

Actually, if Tashalar's goliaths are coming from the north, they might have info about what's been happening there...
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So we actually can use maneuvers outside of combat, can we? The rules aren't really clear about that, are they?
    ... the only thing I'd worry about would be falling down into the river alongside with the remains of the bridge. Flight would be a problem solver, but I don't know how available that still is.

As to which side on the bridge - I agree that it depends on what should be done. Your call, mostly.

Actually, if Tashalar's goliaths are coming from the north, they might have info about what's been happening there...
    I'll check with Mal on what Makul and his troupe know (exactly). But that might take some time as Mal is mostly off in June.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes. Maneuvers work outside of combat. A warblade or a swordsage is able to use Mountain hammer once every 12 seconds (a crusader can use it about once every 30 seconds) so I think we can make pretty short work of the bridge.
    As for falling into the gorge - flight is one solution, ropes are the other. Especially if we have a troupe of goliaths that can hold them
    Anybody else want to negotiate?
    Korben Dallas

Gabriel Strazza - Malachei's Red Hand of Doom

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    Mountain Hammers + Strike of Might should be able to crunch through it, but that's only if it isn't extremely thick, which it might be. Aria can donate +10 damage a turn for at least 10-11 more turns, though she'll get a bit inconsistent towards the end.

If it is thick, well, we have a Druid. We just wait overnight and then let the nature-mage do horrible things to the stone bridge.
    Rita can Polymorph into a Treant. They get a damage bonus towards destroying objects, if I remember correctly.

If anybody falls into the gorge she can Feather Fall them, then grab them in mid-air and pull them back up.

If for whatever reason we need to cross the gorge after destroying it she can ferry the party across as a Cloaker.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Agreed - there must be plenty of forms Rita can take that can carry people across (at least one at a time).

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm. For the sake of simplicity, can I get the amount that everyone needs to be healed? Aria almost certainly has enough juice left to do it, but I dislike making assumptions. She is at maximum health.

Is Jasmine alive? If so, she's going to gain 30 hp over the next minute.
    LGBTitP

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Depending on whether we need to 'heal' up to our level 8 totals, Mead is about 30 hp down.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Depending on whether we need to 'heal' up to our level 8 totals, Mead is about 30 hp down.
    Hm. That actually is a fair question; I assumed that the new hp was added to the "bottom" of our totals, so to speak. When I'm DMing that's usually how I handle it, but I can see why adding it the the "top" when we're injured makes since. Either way, Mead will be receiving one Extended Minor Nurturing after Jasmine's done with it, which will give her Fast Healing 3 for 10 rounds.
    LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Update from me coming tomorrow!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

... well, almost.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

On 51, need 59.

Added the gauntlets to my sheet. Mead can have the resist cloak, she needs it more

RaggedAngel: Could you bootstrap yourself a knowledge skill to find an easy way to destroy the bridge? I don't mind just bashing at it but if we're going elsewhere because of something gabriel/mead finds I'd like to have a fast way to bring it down later, just in case
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

Vagrant by Darth Raynn

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Anything relevant to taking down the bridge, with a little Hidden Knowledge for Engineering:

Architecture and Engineering: (1d20+25)[39]
    Geography: (1d20+15)[35]
    Local: (1d20+20)[25]
    History (of the bridge): (1d20+15)[34]
    Dungeoneering? Why not: (1d20+15)[16]

Does anyone else have a good Int? With Hidden Knowledge on you can make untrained Knowledge checks.
    LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I don't believe anyone can beat those checks. And, seriously, a 39 on knowledge architecture and engineering? That should get us 'something' (read: Aria probably knows all and everything about exactly this kind of dwarven bridge and how this one turned out and what the lead architect's father's favorite food was). Well done.
    Last edited by Tashalar; 2012-06-18 at 12:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed. I am now officially copying off of Aria's paper. Regardless of the subject.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Indeed. I am now officially copying off of Aria's paper. Regardless of the subject.
    I think Mead can beat her at Arcana, actually, especially with a Hidden Knowledge on her. Aria likes to spread the love around, and I don't see anything wrong with a big pile of know-it-alls.
    LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #439
    Bugbear in the Playground

FYI: After returning, life's been busy. I'll update the game on the weekend.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll be away from July 1st to about July 10th.
    Korben Dallas

21. - Top - End - #441
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Then you'll just not get any loot, that's sad.

Have a nice trip!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

As long as those gloves of Dex find their way to Gabriel I will survive (of course if you do find +5 composite (+2) longbow of awesome skirmishing, I hope some good soul will deem Gabriel worthy of it).

Right now I'm off. And thanks Tasha!
    Korben Dallas

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carr0t View Post
    As long as those gloves of Dex find their way to Gabriel I will survive (of course if you do find +5 composite (+2) longbow of awesome skirmishing, I hope some good soul will deem Gabriel worthy of it).
    I'm sure there will be a pile of those lying around, right Mal? Along with the +50 Amulets of the Silver Tongue all the hobgoblins are wearing, of course.
    LGBTitP

24. - Top - End - #444

Back. Sorry for the delay.

Treasure, continued:

Horned One
    Spoiler
    Show

• A thin adamantine headband (Headband of Intellect +2)
    • A heavy golden sealing ring, the seal shows a three-headed dragon (Ring of Arcane Supremacy that also has the minor spellstoring ability)
    • A fine red robe, embroidered with various symbols (Robe of Armor +4)
    • A staff of dark metal, its head resembling a claw (Staff of the Horned Triad, 23 charges, powers: Dragonskin (1 charge), Dimension Door (2 charges), Dragon Breath (2 charges), Arcane Spellsurge (3 charges), caster level 13th)
    • A thin book made of dark brown leather with a reddish tinge, with engraved runes (Arcane Spellbook)

Last edited by Malachei; 2012-07-07 at 06:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Hurray, you're back! I missed you endlessly.

Aria would greatly appreciate the Headband of Intellect, since all she does is make Int checks all day long.
    LGBTitP

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welcome back, Mal.

Here's an amalgamated loot list, for easy perusal.

LOOT LIST
    Spoiler
    Show

Xalyth
    Spoiler
    Show

Soft, black velvet gloves (Dex+4)
    A necklace of dull gray platinum with a black pearl (Wis+2)
    A matching headband of dull gray platinum (Concentration+5)
    A black cloak (Hide+10)
    Black boots (Jump+10, Tumble+5)
    A black hood (Shadow Hand Hood, 3/day activate 2 SH stances)
    Three vials of silvery liquid (Invisibility)
    Three vials of light green liquid (Exp. Retreat)
    One vial of yellow liquid (Haste)

The Hobgoblin Leader
    Spoiler
    Show

A golden headband (Concentration+5)
    Heavy brown leather boots with fur (Jumping+5,)
    A scimitar of black metal (Unholy Scimitar +2)
    A fine silvery chain shirt (Chain Shirt +2)
    Heavy battle gauntlets (Ogre Power+2)
    A fine, dark brown fur cloak (Resistance+3)
    2 steel javelins (of Lightning (5d6, Ref14))

Horned One
    Spoiler
    Show

• A thin adamantine headband (Headband of Intellect +2)
    • A heavy golden sealing ring, the seal shows a three-headed dragon (Ring of Arcane Supremacy that also has the minor spellstoring ability)
    • A fine red robe, embroidered with various symbols (Robe of Armor +4)
    • A staff of dark metal, its head resembling a claw (Staff of the Horned Triad, 23 charges, powers: Dragonskin (1 charge), Dimension Door (2 charges), Dragon Breath (2 charges), Arcane Spellsurge (3 charges), caster level 13th)
    • A thin book made of dark brown leather with a reddish tinge, with engraved runes (Arcane Spellbook)

Things Rita would be interested in, in no particular order:

Headband of Concentration +5 (...sorta? I don't think I've ever made a Concentration check as Rita so far and her Concentration score is very good as it is)

Headband of INT +2 (hey, it had to be said. Higher spell DCs and more bonus spells per day are great boons indeed)

Ring of Arcane Supremacy and Minor Spellstoring (do I even need to explain this?)

Staff of the Horned Triad (do I even need to explain this?)

Arcane Spellbook (do I even need to explain this?)

Robe of Armour +4 (Makul, Mead, Aria and Nicolas all have lower AC than Rita, so this ought to go to one of them)

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back, Mal!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yay!

Suggestion:
    Rita does all the work. As in:
    Everyone posts what he/she would like for his/her character and Rita places those names in a long lost of all the items available. How does that sound?

Here's the list of items that Makul would want (I already removed the gloves of Dex as Gabriel would really, really like them... ;) ):
    Chain Shirt +2
    I still don't know if the shadow stuff is usable by Makul - not sure either if it'd really fit him. But until I know what it does and if it is usable, I won't be able to decide.

Gloves of dex or of ogre power would be nice as well, but I'll leave those for Gab and Dunlan. Maybe there's something in the treasure you guys found earlier (I really don't remember what you've got left) that Makul could use for not getting anything else than the chain shirt from this treasure?

29. - Top - End - #449

Thank you.

I'll post the mundane items soon.

@Tashalar: The shadow hand hood is usable if you have two shadow hand stances.

Is everybody clear on what you prefer from the treasure list?
    Last edited by Malachei; 2012-07-08 at 11:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ah, thanks. I get it now.

Chain shirt +2 it is for Makul as he cannot use the boots and stuff and the gloves should go to Gabriel.