Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [OOC] Malachei's Red Hand of Doom

Well, we have 100' mindsight.
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It's true that Makul will soon lose 12 maximum hit points (reducing his max from 94 to 82). Sadly, that also means he loses 12 from his current hit points (reducing them from 71 to 59) - that's how rage temp hit points work. So he'll be down 23 one way or another. And when the dragon hits us with his breath weapon, Makul will most probably take a full hit with his really bad reflex save.

But Makul also has a charge left in his belt of healing, so he could use that first. Also, if Aria would likely heal her current companions before healing her 'hopefully-soon-to-be' companion, then that's entirely fine by me.

h1-Companion Spellbound (PHB2)
    That's the feat. It just means that you can use share spells up to 30 feet - but every druid could cast it on both of them if the companion is within 5' (easily doable in this situation). It simply means the healing spell affects them both. I'd guess Noblesse didn't remember that - it being the first time he's playing a druid.

Mead's busy this round, but next round she could try and locate the bothersome presence again. That would mean coordinating with the dire bat and its blindsense of 40' somehow. Oh, and then there are mundane spot/listen checks. But the thing's hide/move silently were... well, awesome.
    Last edited by Tashalar; 2012-01-30 at 02:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yeah...let's just assume the drow is a ghost. Then we get to be Ghostbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    *facepalm* D'oh.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Yes, but we need LOE.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Still, it's something, and something is better than nothing...unless something was something you didn't want, in which case nothing would be preferable, but if you have nothing you wouldn't know the difference between good and bad somethings because both would be something you didn't have, and anything would be better than nothing, but then again you would still have the lack of good or bad somethings, which is itself a bad something, so it would be better to have something since either way you're going to have a bad something, unless the having two bad somethings would make things worse for you overall, so nothing would be better than something because it would be better to stay with the bad something you already have than take the greater risk of having an even worse something.

I believe I may have just divined the secrets of the universe...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

If the drow is indeed a ghost, it's possible that Mead would indeed be unable to find him. And yes, Mindsight needs LoE, but so does pretty much everything else.

Barring any divinations that we might have in our back pockets, I'd say we're safest to treat him as a potential ghost. In which case, our best chance at survival comes from gathering closer together and being ready to pounce. Manifesting is a brutal, brutal ability. Anyone have circle of protection from X?
    Currently climbing out of a heckofa two weeks at work/RL. Now working to catch up. Thanks for your patience.

Peridot avatar (complete with demon consorts) courtesy of the very talented Telasi.

Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A ghost? What? Where? No!

Other than that... what Psydon said.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Psydon View Post

I believe I may have just divined the secrets of the universe...
    42, I believe, is most people's answer.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Truespeak doesn't care if you're incorporeal or not.

Truenaming doesn't always suck: Corner Case #6.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-02-02 at 12:10 PM.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It seems were down one druid and his pet, sadly. And we're also still missing a few posts...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    Truespeak doesnt care if you're incorporeal or not.

Truenaming doesn't suck: Corner Case #6.
    Fixed. And because GiTP wants more words from me, here they are.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

At least our truenamer doesn't suck.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tashalar View Post
    At least our truenamer doesn't suck.
    D'aw. You sure know how to make a girl feel loved. I'm going to hit you up with some Fast Healing for that.
    I have several presentations tomorrow/today and a case of strep throat. Expect delays, and wish me luck.

LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'll gladly take that.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

We haven't yet posted every detail Mal needs to know for an update:
    - Mead's, Gabriel's and the goliath's actions stand
    - Ser Dunlan's actions (posted OOC): Standard action: Refresh warblade mans; move: Head down the tower and exit
    - Rita's action: start summoning spell (what does Riven do?)
    - Aria: speak the truth about Makul's wounds not really being there ( ); where does she move to do that?
    - Nicolas and Jasmine - missing, sadly.
    Last edited by Tashalar; 2012-02-05 at 02:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tashalar View Post
    - Aria: speak the truth about Makul's wounds not really being there ( ); where does she move to do that?
    Um. Is Haste still active? She's just moving down the external ladder of the tower, and she can't get all the way down in a single move.

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If Aria got it at the beginning just like Ser Dunlan and the others and it hasn't been re freshed, then no, it's not active anymore. The last round was the last round. Does Aria have to get down the tower in this round?

To make things easier for the future, could the casters tell everyone the number or rounds spells last? Then everyone can update their posts with haste 3/7 (this would mean it's the third round since it's been casted) instead of simply 'haste'.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Way ahead of you, Tasha. Oh, and Riven already acted. He ascended 20' and flew off to G12, making Spot and Listen checks as he went.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Oh, die you post that in the OOC earlier? I didn't look to closely, I admit it.

But it'd make it easier for Mal if the actions were in a - possibly short - IC post. Then he wouldn't have to search for them.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yeah, I, uh...I've been busy. >< But also I thought it would make more sense if I incorporated my actions for this round and the next into one IC post since Rita is performing a continuous action.
    ---

Rita (25' off the ground) casts Summon Monster III, summoning a Celestial Dire Bat at K14, 20' off the ground.

Riven ascends 20' (he is now 20' off the ground) and flies to G12, keeping eyes and ears out as he goes.

They also make Spot and Listen checks (already did on the first page of this thread):

Rita Spot: 13
    Rita Listen: 11
    Riven Spot: 30
    Riven Listen: 14

21. - Top - End - #81

I'll update today.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malachei View Post
    I'll update today.
    Huzzah! I'm happy to see you back, Mal.

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welcome back, Mal.

24. - Top - End - #84

Thank you. :)

I'll start updating the game in about two-three hours.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Mal, in case your settings are also "show 40 posts per page", then you might not be able to see Aria's latest IC post. If you set it to 30 per page, you can see it. I only stumbled across it due to having looked from work without having logged on.

Same goes for everyone else - look if you can see Aria's last move (after Gabriel).

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

O_o That's weird. Thanks for mentioning Angel posted, Tasha. My Subscriptions page never updated.

Fast healing 3 for 10 rounds, nice.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psydon View Post
    O_o That's weird. Thanks for mentioning Angel posted, Tasha. My Subscriptions page never updated.

Fast healing 3 for 10 rounds, nice.
    I think 30 hit points should be about right, based on the damage you've taken. And, hey, if the dragon comes back and crushes us all you automatically stabilize.

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Let's hope stabilization won't be necessary (it's awesome though). ;)

But there's also the other creature running around. It could appear any time right next to one of us and attack. With some bad luck full attack, even. And that would hurt real hard I fear.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

For some of you, today is just another day. Nothing special, really. No impetus to do anything you wouldn't normally do.

For the rest of you, today is probably a grim day, when you get to sit alone at your desk or on your couch, bitterly contemplating how alone you are and how dreary everything seems because of it. It's likely you'll encounter some existential despair as you realize you aren't getting any younger and you wonder what you'll leave behind when the reaper comes 'a calling. All the regrets of your life--you have some, be honest--will come rushing back. Taunting you, laughing at you, just like everyone around you, as irritating as those itches that never really go away even if you've scratched them enough to be satisfied. Sure, you'll say "At least I'm not wasting money on this silly day", but you're only lying to yourself and you know it.

And when everyone else (and it is everyone else. Grass is always greener, right?) goes to sleep tonight with smiles on their faces, you'll stare at the ceiling, trying to fill the emptiness in your soul with whatever random half-watched episodes of Fantasy you can find amidst the endless flotsam in your mind.

Then you'll wake up tomorrow morning, and it will be just another day. Nothing special, really. No impetus to do anything you wouldn't normally do. Only you'll have to deal with the memories of yesterday.

For another year.

Edit: I hope this Day is Happy for you. You'll need it. ^_^
    Last edited by Psydon; 2012-02-14 at 08:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Sorry that the AoO keeps things on a halt, but your characters can speak, of course, and Aria is a quick poster, usually, so I guess this will not delay us much.