New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Banned

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Yeah you were just thinking normal res. True res is higher level and I think costs more in components. It will bring you back from pretty much anything but being unnamed.
    Necrotic termination, and being in a Pact Certain will also prevent resurrection.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Versatile Magic and Additional Spell Slot.
    Where does one find those?

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    pretty much anything but being unnamed.
    Wow, Daigo was totally right about how important it is to be named.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

--I may not do experiments on party members
    --I especially may not reverse-engineer my warforged party members so I can build more of them.
    --I may not sell them as weapons to governments, either.
    --I may not do the above with golems, either.
    --I can not get around that rule by selling only the golems "services", not the actual golem.
    --I can not make these golems just kill and replace the entire party.
    --I can not cut deals with monsters in dungeons to help them rebuild the ancient magics rather than destroying them with the rest of the party.
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

I may no longer use the baron's pets as siege engine ammunition. ("They called it a catapult; what did they think I was going to pult with it?")

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

***When playing Promethean the Created, the GM would prefer my character to be more Frankenstien's creature and less Herman Munster.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Where does one find those?
    p

Sorry, messed itVersatile Spellcaster and alacritous-cogitation to qualify for it, elven wizard generalist combined with domain wizard. My mind kind of derped when I answered earlier.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    ***When playing Promethean the Created, the GM would prefer my character to be more Frankenstien's creature and less Herman Munster.
    I don't care what the setting is, I may not make a child character named Eddie and deliberately get him bitten by a werewolf just so I can deliberately fail the save.
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

*If my character was inspired by a Monty Python skit, I may safely assume he is vetoed.
    **This also goes for Saturday Night Live, the Muppets, and the Ed Sullivan Show.
    ***Characters inspired by Blackadder or Red Dwarf are also not allowed.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

We are banned from using Heartbreaker ever again.

Especially with high CON. At least put some effort into a bad joke.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    We are banned from using Heartbreaker ever again.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is heartbreaker?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is heartbreaker?
    Homebrew for PTTA.

Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Homebrew for PTTA.
    Is it like Dream Eater for attraction or something?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Is it like Dream Eater for attraction or something?
    Coordinater advanced class focused on seduction. Fairly balanced except for being able to make disguises that there is no check for disbelieving. IrnBruAdict is going to play one in a game that we're setting up after a very quick TPK earlier in the game's continuity. I don't know if I'll get yelled at for linking it in my post.

Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

*I may not be a bard using perform(drums) and perform Phil Collin's IN the air tonight
    ** No, not with maracas either
    ***doubly so if they are hollow adamantine maces with dried beans inside
    ****You know, what? No more percussion or rythmic instruments for your bards, learn to sing
    *I am not to roleplay the perform skill ever again.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

* I may no longer create a dungeon that is full of yogurt.

* I may no longer create a dungeon with a lumpy floor for the express purpose of ordering my minions to jump up and down in order to flatten it.

* I may no longer create a dungeon that exists on an incline so that my creatures cannot play marbles.

(props to those who get the above references)

* I will not trick one of the party members into eating a gelatinous cube by filling it with red dye and claiming it is a massive jello mould I made.

* If I know one of the players does not know what a gazebo is, I will not allow them to remain ignorant if they try to attack one, no matter how funny.

* I am no longer allowed to use logic or other forms of persuasion to trick various magical guardians out of their soul gems or cause them to commit suicide, thus preventing the party from gaining combat XP. (Actually happened once!)

* I am no longer allowed to trick the party into thinking I am their new best friend while being, in actuality, the BBEG they will eventually be set against.

** If I am somehow allowed to be the BBEG, I will not trick the party into locating and retrieving the artifacts of power I need to become a greater deity.

*** I am also not allowed to be the Dragon of the BBEG to fulfill the same objectives listed above.

* I am also not allowed to use cunning or charisma to overthrow any of the current governmental structures in place, even if they are evil or tyrannic, in order to set up my own empire.

* I am no longer allowed to play any character with an Intelligence or Charisma score higher than 11.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by garion1500 View Post
    * I may no longer create a dungeon that is full of yogurt.

* I may no longer create a dungeon with a lumpy floor for the express purpose of ordering my minions to jump up and down in order to flatten it.

* I may no longer create a dungeon that exists on an incline so that my creatures cannot play marbles.

(props to those who get the above references)
    * Your nocturnal perseverance has earned you a hidden gaming tip...GO TO BED

* I am not allowed to make a dungeon full of mistress's so "there a word for people like me"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dungeon Keeper 2

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

*raises a glass in toast* DK2 indeed!

* The Terasque (sp?) is not allowed to become my personal familiar no matter how charismatic I might be or how enticing I make such an offer.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Bugbear in the Playground

You mean the Tarrasque?

*The deck of Many Things is dangerous, and should likely be left alone.
    *Particularly when opposing Asmodeous directly.
    *Moreso when you're a warlock who (somehow) made a pact with him and are still trying to fight him...
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth

19. - Top - End - #499
    Barbarian in the Playground

*I will never again baleful polymorph a good-aligned Order Commander into a pig, order the kitchen to cook it, then arrest the cooker for murder, in order to gain enough reputation to join said Order.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Lawful evil much?

*Flaming weapons are a privilege not a right.
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster View Post
    Lawful evil much?

*Flaming weapons are a privilege not a right.
    **Flaming anything are a privilege, not a right.
    ***As a result of the incident with the village, I have lost my flaming privileges.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

**Flaming anything are a privilege, not a right.
    ***As a result of the incident with the village, I have lost my flaming privileges.
    **** Not to make jokes about "flaming privileges" in any slang sense of the word.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

* If I survive holding off enemies so my friends can escape, then it's not heroic sacrifice, it's stealing the EXP.

*I cannot Iron Heart Surge the Chunky Salsa Rule.

*No more playing Elemental Kiths so that I can shape iron without using technology or manmade fire.

**If I still somehow manage to do that, no using my powers to give the entire party cold iron buckshot to use against the fae.

*The next character I make who legitimately earns a nickname with the word 'Dakka' in it will have many more enemies sent after him.

**No, that is not an opportunity to flechette a dragon's face off on live television.

***Or a greater daemon's.

****Okay, no more flechette guns.

*****Or shotguns.

*No more dungeon wildlife sanctuaries. The DM is pretty sure owlbear's aren't endangered. Gelatinous cubes, either.

*Inventing rock music and high explosive grenade launchers is not allowed.

*No more taming gazebos.

*'Brushfire Johnson' is no longer an acceptable concept. Cowboys and flamethrowers don't mix all that well.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

**If my character can use a vehicle as a throwing weapon, then its time to ease up a bit.
    ***This goes double if the vehicle in question is a tank.

My Homebrew

Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

*I am not allowed to kill the other PC's even if they deserve it.
    * I am not allowed to side with the villain just because the PC's are going to lose.
    * I am not allowed to summon 4 huge sized air elementals in one room even though the book says I can.
    * I am not allowed to salt the half-ling and leave him as bait
    (and finally) * I am not allowed under any circumstances to baleful polymorph the other PC's, especially not into a fish, and even though they asked for it.
    Druids: What do you mean I have to come out of wildshape sometime?

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Largely from GURPS

*Any plan reliant upon spontaneous combustion is immediately vetoed.

*Not allowed to beg demons to eat the rest of the party and spare me

*Not allowed to beg dragons to eat the rest of the party and spare me

*Not allowed to beg goblins to eat the rest of the party and spare me

*Not allowed to beg any NPC to eat the rest of the party and spare me

*No longer allowed to speak to NPCs

*Nuking a site repeatedly from orbit and claiming the crater is not the same as securing it

*Not allowed to rent out the dungeons we clear for additional income

*Throwing a banana at the bandit warlord is funny the first time. And only the first time

*The wizard is not an acceptable shield

*Using leadership to lead a huge horde of weak NPCs is fine. Using them to soak up all the enemies ammo is not.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Kat View Post
    * I am not allowed to salt the half-ling and leave him as bait.
    id like to hear what resulted in that exact wording being used

28. - Top - End - #508
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

*not allowed to play a recording of an acoustic rendition of the battle music from the original Pokemon Red Version and say its my bard's inspire courage.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #509
    Banned

* When told to make a character based off of my favorite videogame character, I am not allowed to base the character off my Princess Maker 2 daughter who got the "Prostitute" ending.

* If I am a succubus, I am not allowed to whore myself out then loot the corpses.

* If I am a succubus, I am not allowed to use my suggestion power to make people ravish me, then sue for "damages".

* If I am succubus, I am above level 12, and therefore have better ways to make money then working on the street corners.

* I am not allowed to open a brothel in response to that last comment.

* No more playing succubi, the DM needs to recover

~Next week~

* If I was banned from playing succubi, I am also banned from playing Pleasure Devils.

(Yes I play a LOT of seductive characters, and Yes every one of these has popped up at least once)

30. - Top - End - #510
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    id like to hear what resulted in that exact wording being used
    The particular wording here or the connotations behind it?
    Druids: What do you mean I have to come out of wildshape sometime?