New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    * - Casting Glitterdust on a vampire and waiting for it to be crushed to death by a mound of squeeing fangirls is not an effective battle strategy.
    * Neither is casting glitter dust on the vampire and waiting for it to be ripped to shreds by a mod of Geeks/Nerds/Normals who are sick to death of a certain franchise aimed at Squealing teenage Fangirls.
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Love that new thread smell.
    *my ninja is not a hoodie ninja
    *nor is my cleric a medic

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't work--time stop has an Instantaneous duration (since durations are measured in the real-time world).
    I think he might have been referring to the fact that a 1st lvl cleric with the planning domain and either a flaw or a race that gives a lvl 1 bonus feat can take and be using DMM: Persist.

Heck, Human Cleric 1 with two flaws can have Extend Spell, Persist Spell, DMM: Persist, Travel Devotion, EXP: Spiked Chain and his choice of Power attack, Combat reflexes, or just about any other neat feat.
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Summon Instrument is banned from characters of mine with a str score higher than 16
    "When the DM is smiling, it's already too late"

Paranoia is fun, other games are not; play paranoia (and also 3.5, I play that alot too)

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by NNescio
    "Of course all magic manipulates energy, First Law of Thermodynamics, duh!"

See, the thing is, energy in D&D does not mean the same thing as it does in Physics.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I think he might have been referring to the fact that a 1st lvl cleric with the planning domain and either a flaw or a race that gives a lvl 1 bonus feat can take and be using DMM: Persist.

Heck, Human Cleric 1 with two flaws can have Extend Spell, Persist Spell, DMM: Persist, Travel Devotion, EXP: Spiked Chain and his choice of Power attack, Combat reflexes, or just about any other neat feat.
    I was referring to Time Stop, but that also works.

* My Divine Metamagic (Persistent) Cleric cannot take the Trickery domain for the sole purpose of making the Psion think he is schizophrenic.
    I am within your stronghold inflicting fatal attacks upon your conscripts.

I Am A: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-14
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-12
    What D&D Character Am I?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

You cannot tell the parties Minotaur to to take Spanish in its next level.

*No, not even then.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-01-15 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

* Your animal companion cannot be a chihuahua.
    * If you DO somehow get a chihuahua as an animal companion, I don't care how many ranks you have in Ride, it's not a Riding Dog.
    * No, not even if your character is Tiny.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    * Your animal companion cannot be a chihuahua.
    * If you DO somehow get a chihuahua as an animal companion, I don't care how many ranks you have in Ride, it's not a Riding Dog.
    * No, not even if your character is Tiny.
    Of course not, you need to be Fine at the very least for that.

* If I somehow get a Fine sized character the chihuahua is still not a Riding Dog.
    * I can however have a rat.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

*under no circumstances that would be a rat swarm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

10. - Top - End - #40

PaladinGuy

*No longer allowed to taunt Murphy ("there's no way he can hit me", "bah, they can't possibly win", etc).
    *If I do taunt Murphy and the inevitable happens, the damages come out of my loot.

*If the DM rules that failing a check to dive through a window without cutting myself does as much damage as a machete, I'm not allowed to collect the glass for throwing purposes.
    *Even if I pay an armorer to make a special sling for it.

*No longer allowed to play a charger, or a thrower/chemist who throws universal solvent, or an archer who abuses the multiple attack rules to get five attacks per round for more damage each than the fighter gets on her one.
    *Also not allowed to play a wizard who abuses crafting to cast a myriad of high level spells without fatigue.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    Of course not, you need to be Fine at the very least for that.

* If I somehow get a Fine sized character the chihuahua is still not a Riding Dog.
    * I can however have a rat.
    *A Humming Bird is also a viable option. (Did a Pathfinder Pally with this once. I'd LOVE to do it again in the right game with the right DM. Was a blast to play! )
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

A couple from the RCR Star Wars (the edition before Saga):

*Not allowed to abuse the hyperspace travel rules to go back in time.
    *Not allowed to use said time travel to mount a campaign for Supreme Chancellor by campaigning on a dozen worlds at once.
    *My Gand Findsman is not allowed to use his 3/day Farseeing to spy on absolutely everyone.
    *If the Sith Lord flees and hides somewhere on a remote mountain, not allowed to orbitally bombard the site until the mountain is reduced to glass.
    *Unless we purchase the land from the local government first.
    *Especially not allowed to hijack the Star Forge and build our own fleet with it.

13. - Top - End - #43

It's probably safe to assume that a universe with faster-than-light ships is also a universe where special relativity isn't true. Otherwise everyone and their dog would have abused time travel by now.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

* Even though light is radiation, Rad-X does not protect me from lasers.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I may not be a cleric of any god whose wrath is described as having a half-life.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator View Post
    It's probably safe to assume that a universe with faster-than-light ships is also a universe where special relativity isn't true. Otherwise everyone and their dog would have abused time travel by now.
    Sure, if you want to apply some sort of logic to it. But that particular system had charts to determine how long your trip was, based on where you were coming from and where you were going. Also, if you beat your Astrogation check by a certain amount, you would roll 1 or 2d12 and subtract that from the number of hours the trip would take. Thanks to this system, if the GM didn't choose to apply some sort of common sense (and mine didn't), it was possible to end up with a negative number for the total number of hours your trip was going to take. Ergo, you arrived before you left. My GM knew we would cause trouble with this, but he allowed it anyway (he's a very permissive GM, perhaps too much so).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Sure, if you want to apply some sort of logic to it. But that particular system had charts to determine how long your trip was, based on where you were coming from and where you were going. Also, if you beat your Astrogation check by a certain amount, you would roll 1 or 2d12 and subtract that from the number of hours the trip would take. Thanks to this system, if the GM didn't choose to apply some sort of common sense (and mine didn't), it was possible to end up with a negative number for the total number of hours your trip was going to take. Ergo, you arrived before you left. My GM knew we would cause trouble with this, but he allowed it anyway (he's a very permissive GM, perhaps too much so).
    *No abusing the above to save Alderaan.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

- The class is "Bard", not "Idol Singer" and will appear as such on my sheet and in-game

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

*Not allowed to abuse the hyperspace travel rules to go back in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    *If I repeat this feat in Rouge Trader due to luck and good rolls, I am getting SOOOO many corruption points.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-01-17 at 05:01 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

20. - Top - End - #50

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DrSaering View Post
    - The class is "Bard", not "Idol Singer" and will appear as such on my sheet and in-game
    * This also applies to Dirge Singer which is not, never has been and never will be a heavy metal singer.

* If I play a Dirge Singer, "Enter Sandman" is not a valid Dirgesong. This also goes for "Run to the Hills", "Aces High" and "Crazy train." Dirges are supposed to actually be dark and depressing.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

*No, a dirge singer does not cut his wrists whiel performing

*Perform(emo) is not eligable for bardic music, in what form whatsoever

*perform(emo) will count as a coupe de grace on yourself, roll fort save...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

*Shouting I am a Man and punching the closest enemy is not a Coupe De Grace

*I am not do the look at me now back to yourself routine

*None of my characters can be copies of characters played by Bruce Campbell. No matter how awesome it would be to have Sam Axe as my character for the Shadowrun game
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    *And using it to be at the Cantena on Tatooine to give the Farm Boy and the Old Man a better deal on a ride to Alderaan is right out.
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

*"Fire" is not a substute for "exorcism".
    Last edited by Sgt. Cookie; 2012-01-17 at 02:54 PM.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Repost from the "Most Evil PC" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I would have to say that the most evil PC I've ever played happened to be a Druid Greensinger that went on to become a corrupted Planar Shepherd with the intentions of aligning Dal Quor with the prime. He succeeded.

The campaign started off fairly normal with our group being not so odd. That was... until the DM decided to screw with us. He thought it would be a great idea to pick up the Druid & the Cleric and hurl us through time forward into a world where the Quori had enslaved everyone. The cleric of course decided that we had to stop this all and after a mini-adventure (Everyone else was unable to make this session except the two of us) we arrived back in the present.

The Cleric immediately told the Paladin and they began to plan to stop this 'imminent' invasion from the Quori. Now I was very helpful and began to go along with them and I entered planar shepherd to help 'quell' the threat of Dal Quor and to also be able to sense and 'seal' away anything that was from it. Of course I did the opposite. We wandered around the world finding artifacts that had been used to seal Dal Quor and the N & T gladly trusted the Druid with them.

Eveything went according to their plans for awhile; the DM even thought I was on their side. This was until the DM and I sat down for a side-adventure. Over the course of it I explained my plan to unweave the magic that the artifacts were imbued with to open a gate into Dal Quor. The DM almost died right there. He'd been sure I was up to something (I always have another plan) but he had thought it was something that would have been against the Campaigns design.

So we gathered for the end of the campaign during a week when we had nothing to do and for 5 days we played out the end of the campaign. It started with us searching for the location where Dal Quor had been sealed, I had informed the Cleric that during my side adventure I had learned magic that would empower the seal.

So after four and a half days we had traveled through a massive dungeon that was merged with Dal Quor and we arrived at the gate. I went about setting up the ritual while the cleric, paladin, wizard & ranger defended against hordes of enemies. I activated the ritual and began to intone it, the DM started to laugh manically. The other PC's immediately moved to stop me, thinking that I had been tricked or mind controlled to do something wrong. I dropped my planar bubble, wild shaped into a Quori Dream-master, killed them and the campaign ended with me ascending to become the god the Quori.

I am not allowed to play a Druid anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

*"Morgan Freeman" is NOT an acceptable choice for my Favored Soul's deity.
    *Double so "Gordon Freeman".

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NikitaDarkstar View Post
    * This also applies to Dirge Singer which is not, never has been and never will be a heavy metal singer.

* If I play a Dirge Singer, "Enter Sandman" is not a valid Dirgesong. This also goes for "Run to the Hills", "Aces High" and "Crazy train." Dirges are supposed to actually be dark and depressing.
    * Anything from Dragon Force is Right out.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    * Anything from Dragon Force is Right out.
    Right, you have to play an Abyssal Exalted for that.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

*no shooting town guards in the knee to see what jobs they take up next

30. - Top - End - #60

* I may no longer play a Halfling Paladin.
    * I may no longer play characters called Milo Hilltopple.
    * I may no longer charge into a dragons mouth.
    * I may no longer point out that deliberately being eaten by dragons has, so far, had a one-hundred percent success rate.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody